Xhun Audio has released an update of its LittleOne synthesizer instrument for Windows.
LittleOne version 2.7 features an improved Host Syncing Engine and a totally re-written Oscillators Morphing Engine, among with some fixes on the GUI and DSP side.
Also the Big Steps Soundbank has been updated and optimized for a full compatibility with LittleOne 2.7.
Changes in LittleOne v2.7
- The Oscillators Morphing Engine has been totally re-written, with far better accuracy and CPU-saving also at fast/deep modulations.
- The syncing engine between the Step Sequencer and the Trancegate modules has been improved (now 100% time-accurate, sharing the same sync signals from the Host).
- The main Host connection for time syncing has been improved (used in the Step Sequencer, Trancegate and Delay modules), and the list of compatible Host for full timing accuracy has been extended.
- Partial re-design and improvements on the GUI side.
- Minor fixes on the DSP signal-path side.
- Big Steps soundbank has been optimized for LittleOne version 2.7.
- Further low-level, cross-platform code revisions.
LittleOne for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 45 EUR. The update is free of charge for all registered users.
More information: Xhun Audio / LittleOne
, ring modulator
Posted in news
on Oct 08, 2013
Moog Music has announced 5 new Minifooger analog effects pedals for guitar and bass.
The Minifoogers place legendary Moog quality, tone and versatility into a compact, rugged housing designed to withstand the tortures of touring and daily abuse.
Today we announce the launch of the Minifooger Analog Effects family – a series of compact – easy to use stomp boxes designed primarily for use with electric guitar and bass. Each Minifooger is housed in a rugged cast aluminum enclosure and features a 100% analog signal path, true bypass design, optional battery power, and a single expression pedal input that can also be controlled via CV.
The Minifooger Analog Effects family is launching with 5 compact stomp boxes – the MF Drive, MF Boost, MF Delay, MF Ring, and MF Trem. Each pedal is 100% analog, designed and hand assembled in Moog’s factory in Asheville, North Carolina and carries a US street price below $200. Two videos can be seen on our site featuring artists experimenting with the Minifoogers: Troy Van Leeuwen, guitarist for the band Queens of The Stone Age takes a more classic approach; and Xander Singh and Ian Hultquist of Passion Pit explores the other worldly side of the Minifoogers.
We are extremely pleased to introduce the Minifoogers and hope that guitar and bass players enjoy years of artistic expression with them.
Minifoogers Analog Effects
- The MF Drive (MSRP $179 USD) is a filter-based overdrive pedal employing a Moog Ladder Filter, boutique FET amplifiers, and OTAs in its drive section making it highly reactive to picking dynamics. The panel features a bi-polar tone control and sweepable filter that work dynamically with input gain to offer each player unique and customizable sounds that retain the core timbre of their instrument. A filter Peak switch shifts harmonic content to the filter’s cutoff position, adding new tonal creation and dirty wah performance possibilities not found in other drive pedals.
- The MF Boost (MSRP $149 USD) is a selectable topology boost pedal that allows the player to switch between an “articulate VCA” signal path and a “colored OTA” signal path. Each is tailored to deliver boutique amplifier sound and responsiveness from any guitar/amplifier combination. The design also imparts natural compression to an input signal, which brings out note articulation and significantly increases the performance of other effects pedals. When paired with an expression pedal, the MF Boost can be used as a tone enhancing volume pedal, sweepable-gain boost pedal, and VCA. The expression pedal input also provides access to higher gain values not available on the panel.
- The MF Delay (MSRP $209 USD) features 35mS-700mS of completely analog delay time. At shorter settings, repeats are fast and bright for creating classic slap-back and plate sounds. At medium and long settings the repeats become darker and naturally trail into reverb-like state. A Drive circuit allows the player to adjust the tone and feel of the MF Delay as well as overdrive the Bucket Brigade Delay line, and the input of a guitar amplifier for bigger sound and feel. Also, the expression pedal input is switchable between feedback for expressive swells and delay time for tape delay and chorus/flange effects.
- The MF Ring (MSRP $159 USD) is an analog ring modulator that is based on the world’s best selling Ring Mod, the Moogerfooger MF-102. Its refined frequency range and tone voicing circuit add new-musical elements to ring modification, making it easy to dial in everything from octaves and choral dissonance to harmonic undertones and synthesized lead lines. The expression pedal input provides hands-free control of the Freq parameter for sound sweeps, pitch shifting effects, and playing between two scales on the fly.
- The MF Trem (MSRP $189 USD) is an analog tremolo pedal designed around a balanced modulator and Sub Audio VCO. This design creates a wide range of effects that are based on phase cancellation and addition. Players can create classic optical tremolo, hard tremolo, rotary effects and more that react dynamically to harmonic content. A variable Shape control interacts with Tone and Mix to craft subtle swells and gallops to rhythmic percussive, and swirling effects. When pushed, the MF Trem can also approach the beginnings of phasing and chorus. The expression pedal input adds control of the Speed parameter for hands-free swells and rotary effects.
The Minifooger pedals are available for preorder from all authorized Moog dealers. Shipping starts in October, 2013.
More information: Moog / Minifooger
Point Blank Online is offering its YouTube channel subscribers a chance to win a Moog Sub Phatty synthesizer.
Moog. It’s a classic name in the history of electronic music, having made some of the most iconic and popular equipment since 1953. From their early modular synth wardrobes to the more portable ‘Fooger range, Moog is a name that makes every electronic music-maker’s ears prick up. At Point Blank, it’s no different so we’re extremely excited to team up with the Asheville company to give you the chance to win their latest mono monster, the Sub Phatty. Plus, we’re throwing in a Pro Producer Course in a genre of your choice!
All you’ve got to do is subscribe to our YouTube channel for a chance to get your hands on “the grittiest Moog synth ever”! And if you’re already a subscriber, your loyalty will be rewarded and you’ll automatically be entered into the draw!
The competition ends at midnight on Monday Oct 7th, 2013.
More information: Point Blank
Related: Groove Criminals
, samples and sound libraries
, sound fx
, Sounds to Sample
Posted in news
on Oct 01, 2013
The Groove Criminals has announced the release of Analogue Synth FX and Analogue Synth Percussion, two new sample packs.
The Groove Criminals are proud to release their new range of compact, low cost but high quality sample packs under the Groove Criminals Essentials banner. Designed to be an affordable way of building up a set of go-to sounds and samples for a wide range of music productions.
Groove Criminals Essentials packs
- Analogue Synth FX – A collection of 100% analogue synth FX all sourced from the Groove Criminals’ stash of analogue synths, both new and vintage. The 112 24-bit WAV samples include sweeps, drops, risers, one-off hits and just plain fat, bubbly analogue goodness to top off any track.
Synths used to make this pack include the Roland SH101, Moog Little Phatty, Waldorf Pulse, Artura Minibrute, Roland SH09, Yamaha CS5, the Korg Monotron series and Synare 3. Strictly analogue processing comes courtesy of the Electrix Filter Factory, Vermona filters and a fully stocked Moog Moogerfooger rig.
- Analogue Synth Percussion – A collection of percussive hits all created from an enviable stack of analogue drum synths. From deep booms and fat bleeps to sharp twangs and metallic tones, these 120 24- bit WAV hits will help to inject some analogue goodness alongside more traditional drum sounds.
The 100% analogue sound sources used to create this versatile sample pack include a Vermona DRM1 Mk3, JoMox Air Base 99, Synare 3, Amdek PCK-100 percussion synth, Artura Minibrute, Roland SH09 and Yamaha CS5.
The sample packs are available to purchase at Sounds To Sample for £5 GBP each.
More information: Sounds To Sample
Related: channel strip
, samples and sound libraries
, Yoad Nevo
Posted in news
on Sep 30, 2013
Samplephonics has announced the release of its Vintage Brass sample library.
Vintage brass contains a stunning collection of Trumpet and Flugel loops, incidentals, mini construction kits and one shot samples, all recorded through a vintage recording chain for extra character, and provided dry for utmost flexibility.
The trumpet and flugel loops are split into 4 useful tempos of 110, 125, 140 and 85/170 beats per minute and are designed to work with a variety of genres, from hip hop to dnb and chillout to dubstep.
Vintage Brass costs £27 GBP.
Samplephonics has also announced Nevo Analogue Machines, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt, ReFill and Logic Pro.
We teamed up with renowned producer Yoad Nevo, and spent months sampling away at his various analogue synthesizers, as well as using his vintage Neve desk to create some huge stereo sounds and ended up with:
- Over 17,000 sampled analogue waveforms from a Mini Moog, JX10, SH-101, Oberheim M6R, Juno 106 and a Korg MS10.
- Over 1000 presets
- Multiple round robin layers
- Modeled filters, analogue style sequencer, arpeggiator, chord generator, custom stereo and chorus effects and more!
- Custom Kontakt 5 Interface, Logic Pro channel strip presets and a Reason Refil (available to download separately)
Nevo Analogue Machines is now available to pre-order for £69 GBP (regular £89 GBP). The library will be released on November 1st, 2013.
More information: Samplephonics
Detunized has announced the release of ProdMod, an Ableton Live pack featuring sounds from a customized Moog Prodigy.
ProdMod is a new Ableton instrument library with sounds derived from a customized Moog Prodigy. The Prodigy that was sampled has got a breakout connection with a handmade patchbay attached to it. This allows to interrupt and split the synth´s internal wirings and therefore offers much more sonic possibilities that go far beyond the off-the-shelf version.
ProdMod Live Pack contains 30 multi-sample instruments in Abletons Live´s Rack format that transfer the sound of this vintage mono synth into today´s music production environments.
The library delivers diversified material as the source for fat basslines, lively synth and keyboard sounds, warm pads or idiosyncratic oddities.
- 30 instruments for Albeton Live 8/9.
- Uses 497 samples.
- 200 MB content.
The ProdMod Live Pack is available to purchase as download for 9 EUR.
More information: Detunized / ProdMod
Moog Music has released Monster Moog, Vintage Vibe, and Vintage FX, three expansion packs for the Animoog synthesizer app for iOS.
Each expansion pack for Animoog contains powerful presets that inspire creativity as well as new timbres for creating completely unique sounds.
Animoog expansion packs
- Monster Moog Expansion Pack — 167 Timbres and 48 presets.
This massive expansion pack was crafted using harmonic content extracted from new and classic Moog instruments including a System 15 Modular, Minitaur, 904a Filter, Freq Box, Bode Frequency Shifter, Sub Phatty, and more.
- Vintage Vibe Expansion Pack — 114 Timbres and 46 presets.
This expansion pack was created using vintage synthesizer VCOs and Filters to shape unique timbral content, resulting in Timbres and Presets with the sound and vibe of the beloved synths of the 1980’s.
- Vintage FX Expansion Pack — 41 presets and 53 timbres.
This expansion pack’s Timbral content has been extracted from a wealth of vintage modular, rack, and stomp box effects including multiple analog delays, phasers, frequency shifters, resonant filters, & vocal phase filters.
The Animoog Expansion Packs are available as an In-App purchase in the Animoog Store.
More information: Moog Music
Soundcells has announced the release of Viking Signature, a collection of legendary Moog sounds for the Reason Rack.
Viking Signature is based on the Viking Rack Extension synthesizer – a great sounding emulation of the Moog Voyager. The Viking Signature ReFill convinces with its funky and soulful leads, authentic sounding bass patches with an awesome bottom end and several wired SFX patches.
If you own Viking be sure to complete your ReFill collection with Viking Signature – a powerful soundset at a ‘knockdown‘ price …
Viking Signature features
- 45 combinator patches.
- 70 Viking patches full of soulful leads and great basses.
- Authentic Moog character for your Reason Rack.
- Well balanced volume settings & carefully assigned modwheel and combinator buttons and knobs.
The Viking Signature ReFill is available to purchase for the introductory price of 7.90 EUR until October 20th, 2013 (regular 9.90 EUR). The soundset requires the Viking Rack Extension (not included).
More information: Soundcells / Viking Signature