SKnote has released Grasso, a complete saturation and dynamics unit for Windows and Mac.
It is NOT a compressor, no thresholds. It is NOT an envelope shaper, no triggering.
It includes some special features like level-independent dynamics, tube-saturation stage, dynamic and level-independent pre-drive filtering, spank control and a modeled power-supply.
It is very useful to add color and dynamic control to mixes and single tracks, from subtle to extreme.
Grasso provides subtle to strong level-independent processing
- Level-independent dynamics.
- Level-independent dynamic filtering (on attack and decay).
- Detailed control on tube circuits with several options.
- “Spank” feature (post-drive dynamic response).
- Modeled “weak” power supply (more harmonics or “sagging”).
- Special post drive expander for great dynamics.
Grasso for Windows and Mac VST/AU, RTAS/AAX coming) is available to purchase for $29.99 USD.
More information: SKnote / Grasso
SKnote has updated its StripBus console emulation bundle featuring two stereo bus compressors for Windows and Mac.
New in Strip v2.0
- Crosstalk from a track to other tracks in the same desk.
- 2 new console models.
- Large peak + VU meter.
- Grouping of channels (eight “desks” share several controls, bypass and crosstalk).
- Overall headroom control for a simple management of desk “stress”.
- Optional noise (dynamic).
- Several new filter modes.
StripBus 2 is available to purchase for $29.99 USD. The update is free for existing users.
SKnote has also announced the upcoming release of Bus v2.0, including a new “opto” compressor. Bus v2.0 is also a free update for existing users.
More information: SKnote / StripBus
Findremix has announced the Kuffdam – “We Gotta Go (Again)” Remix Contest in collaboration with Hyline Music.
‘We Gotta Go (Again)’ is Kuffdam’s new collaboration with vocalist Grant Paterson and it’s one of the standout tracks from his new ‘City Lights’ album that is sure to be supported by the top trance DJs in the industry.
Download the free ‘We Gotta Go (Again)’ stems and get started on remixing this big room trance monster in your own unique style.
Closing date for submissions is October 23rd 23:59:59 GMT+1 (Central European Time).
Winners will get released on Hyline Music plus prizes by NUSofting, Sknote and Tek’it Audio.
More information: Findremix
SKnote has released Stripbus, a bundle of two console emulation effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
StripBus is a full console emulation bundle.
It includes two plugins:
- STRIPbus – a channel strip emulation with filters, metering and inter-channel ducking
- stripBUS – a stereo bus emulation with stereo bus compressors and special sidechain and mid-side modes
- Multiple emulations.
- Inter-channel interaction (emulates the console as a whole).
- Special filters with dynamic behaviour.
- Inter-channel ducking.
- Bypass-all menu for fast wet-dry comparison (bypasses all plugin instances from a single menu).
- Peak and VU metering.
- Stereo bus compressor.
- Sample aligned parallel compression.
- Gain reduction limiting (“range”).
- Low frequencies preservation algorithm.
- Hugh frequencies preservation algorithm.
- Special continuous mid-side compression mode.
- 4x oversampling for nice transients.
Stripbus for Windows and Mac (VST/AU, RTAS coming) is available to purchase for $29.99 USD.
More information: SKnote / Stripbus
SKnote has released Necklace, a spring reverb effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
SKnote Necklace physical modeled spring reverb
- Physical modeling, non linear behaviour, multi-mode modulation.
- Several springs, several combinations (parallel, series, Z-link).
- Round, nice reverb or “twisted” effects.
- Tap on the springs to hear the impulse response and tune the reverb.
Necklace is available to purchase for $19.99 USD, or bundled with Verbtone for $29.99 USD.
More information: SKnote / Necklace