apeSoft has announced the release of iVCS3, an official emulation of the EMS VCS3 modular synthesizer, now available for iPad.
VCS3 portable semi-modular analog synthesizer now available for iPad.
The VCS3 has three oscillators (in reality, the first 2 oscillators are normal oscillators and the 3rd an LFO or Low Frequency Oscillator), a noise generator, two input amplifiers, a ring modulator, a 18dB/octave (pre-1974) or 24dB/octave (after 1974) voltage controlled low pass filter (VCF), a trapezoid envelope generator, joy-stick controller, voltage controlled spring reverb unit and 2 stereo output amplifiers.
Unlike most modular synthesizer systems which use cables to link components together, the VCS3 uses a distinctive patch board matrix into which pins are inserted in order to connect its components together.
The iVCS3 is available to purchase for $14.99 USD.
To celebrate the launch of iVCS3, the iDensity, iPulsaret, and Stria apps are on sale for $4.99 USD for 2 weeks.
More information: apeSoft
Image-Line has announced a second beta of Minihost Modular, a free modular plugin host for Windows and Mac.
This beta includes improvements and fixes based on user feedback so far. We thank the beta-testers for their enthusiastic response to Minihost Modular.
Minihost Modular is a modular environment for hosting/interconnecting VST/AU plugins based on a custom modular engine especially developed for this purpose. As a standalone, Minihost Modular can be used as an advanced VST or AU host with modular routing with some sequencing recording/playback capabilities. As a VST or AU plugin, Minihost Modular can be used to extend the capabilities of your existing DAW software with its powerful modular, recallable, environment. Minihost Modular bares some similarities to FL Studio’s Patcher but has an extended capability as a self contained host.
The new beta installers for Windows & OS X are available to download for registered Image-Line users (registration is free).
More information: Image-Line / Minihost Modular Beta 2
Faber Acoustical has released version 2.0 of its RoomScope room acoustics app for iOS, which now fully supports iOS 7 with a refreshed look and feel that is consistent with recent updates to SignalScope Pro and IOScope.
RoomScope turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a room acoustics measurement and analysis tool. With RoomScope, you can measure a room impulse response and then calculate reverberation time, early decay time, clarity, and definition, as defined in the ISO 3382 standard.
RoomScope also allows you to adjust the Schroeder decay curve integration limits with the touch of your finger and plot the calculated room parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave band center frequency.
Changes in RoomScope v2.0
- RoomScope’s appearance has been completely revamped for iOS 7. RoomScope supports both iOS 6 and iOS 7, but looks largely the same on iOS 6 as the previous version.
- Audio data handling is more efficient.
- When entering a preferred sample rate, “48k” can be entered in the text box, as an alternative to typing out “48000.”.
- Default input sensitivities have been updated, based on measurements of the iPhone 5S and 5C microphones and headset inputs. Nominal input sensitivities have also been updated for iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display.
- Cursor info text now uses a larger font.
- 2Ch IR works properly when the internal excitation signal is selected for the X input and pan is set to 100%.
- A bug in the HTTP file server has been fixed.
RoomScope for iOS is available to purchase for $99.99 USD.
More information: Faber Acoustical / RoomScope
The Loopr live loop composer for iOS has been updated to v1.2, which now features a realtime editable step sequencer to seamlessly compose songs (cmpsr mode).
Still 64 audio tracks, organized in phrases and groups, all usable through dedicated MIDI pedalboard controls or the enhanced touchscreen UI.
You can switch between ‘loopr’ and ‘cmpsr’ modes at any time and therefore liveloop seamlessly for yourself or your audience.
Changes in Loopr v1.2
- Realtime editable step sequencer (cmpsr mode – on 4” devices).
- Audio clone to new phrase function (+tgp functions).
- Addition of new MIDI program controls.
- Improved ergonomics.
- Minor tweaks, bug resolutions and enhancements.
Loopr for iOS is available to purchase for $0.99 USD.
More information: Loopr
MuTools has released version 5.5.1 of the MuLab and MUX Vst music production software.
MuLab is a rich and rock solid sound and music production tool for Mac OSX and Windows, designed to create, record, edit and finalize Your Music!
MUX is a great sounding and super flexible modular synth and effect engine and the sonic heart of MuLab. MUX is also available as VST plugin.
The seamless integration of a modular sound engine into a great DAW is what makes MuLab unique.
Changes in MuLab/MUX Vst v5.5.1
- New “Note Mapper” module. Can be used to map single notes to chords, apply a key scale, …
- New “Audio Pos/Neg Splitter” module.
- MUX Vst: Now 100% compatible with Steinberg’s Cubase and WaveLab.
- Improved editing in the Composer, Note Editor and Multi-Sample Editors.
- MuLab OSX: Fixed a problem with certain VST editors turning white.
- More details in the changelog.
MuLab is available to purchase for 29 EUR (XT) / 69 EUR (UL), MUX Vst costs 49 EUR. A bundle of both is 99 EUR.
More information: MuTools
Posted in news
on Mar 05, 2014
WaveDNA has released version 1.3.2 of its Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro beat making software.
Liquid Rhythm now allows drag and drop of MIDI to your DAW or desktop.
The latest update includes a number of bug fixes and improvements, and the new ability to drag and drop MIDI arrangements out of Liquid Rhythm and either into any MIDI-capable DAW or onto the desktop. WaveDNA is also improving MIDI scripting support for the Ableton Push controller within the Liquid Rhythm MaxForLive bridge. The release features a beta version of that implementation.
Note: To use the MaxForLive Clips plugin in Ableton Live 9, update you Max to version 6.1.6 before installing Liquid Rhythm (Max must be installed first).
Changes in Liquid Rhythm v1.3.2
- New features:
- Drag & Drop MIDI from Liquid Rhythm (standalone or plugin-VST/AU/RTAS) into your favourite Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) (Click and drag on the dotted square in the transport. Right-click on it to adjust preferences for the drag and drop).
- Choose a BeatForm directly using dropdown menus for each beat under the dials in the BeatForm Tumbler.
- Improvements and updates:
- Liquid Rhythm’s MaxForLive Clips patch has been redone to show a button that opens up the main window.
- Ability to audition the individual elements of a kit when right clicked on the kit within the library.
- Standalone mode has a new option, that when moving the loop region, confines the playhead to it.
- Consolidated installer for all plugin modes. (Note: In the installer for Mac, the MaxForLive Clips plugin indicates that it’s 0 bytes in size. This is normal.)
- Silent instruments (instruments without samples) will now send MIDI notes in plugin and standalone mode. (Useful for connecting another MIDI device to Liquid Rhythm to use as a controller.)
- Mute/Solo changes in an Ableton Live drum rack are now automatically updated in Liquid Rhythm.
- Performance improvements when selecting regions in the arranger.
- Walkthrough would sometimes crash when attempting to access a part of the Liquid Rhythm window that was not visible.
- Changing the colour of multiple tracks and pressing undo wouldn’t revert the colour changes.
- BeatForm Mute toggle on Medium and Weak wouldn’t toggle.
- When selecting a clip in Live, the first instrument track in Liquid Rhythm wouldn’t be selected by default; instead it would have the ‘focused region’ indicator, with some other track selected.
- Mouse Wheel now consistently scrolls horizontally across the molecule tools panel. If you need to scroll vertically in a sub-panel, hold down Alt or Option key with the mouse wheel.
- On some setups, the audio engine would sometimes cause an error on startup (it would access memory when it wasn’t ready).
- MIDI Export Wizard and Audio Export Wizard would sometimes appear behind the application, and appear like the system is hung. Now forcing it to appear in front.
- Downloading a new kit with standalone or plugin would cause a crash when simultaneously using the library.
- If the ‘welcome to Liquid Rhythm’ window was closed, the menu bars would remain disabled in MaxForLive Liquid Clips mode.
- Moving the loop region very quickly in clip mode would cause the loop region to grow.
- Bug in destructive record fixed, where recording in destructive mode and changing in the arranger with the mouse at the same time would cause a crash.
- BeatWeaver would disable in note edit mode when selecting a note even though there is region focus.
- Windows XP now installs Liquid Rhythm MaxForLive mode automatically.
- Accent Modifier note highlights would sometimes get stuck on-screen if you press the escape key.
- BarForm Family in-place dropdown menu in the arranger wasn’t working.
- Beta features:
- Continuing improvements to the Push.
- Visual display of the active locations in the track.
- Added support for the BeatForm Tumblers.
- Users can now select the instruments to edit by switching to ‘Ableton control mode’ on the Push and tapping the appropriate instrument button on the drum pads (bottom left quadrant of Push buttons), and then switching back to ‘User mode’.
- Ability to enter ‘Ableton control mode’ without having to deactivate ‘User mode’ first.
- Command Dialer allows customizing the buttons on the Arrange page.
- Various performance and stability improvements.
Liquid Rhythm for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $129 USD; Liquid Rhythm Intro is $49 USD.
More information: WaveDNA
IK Multimedia has released version 2.2 of its ARC advanced room correction system, adding 64 bit AAX compatibility.
ARC System 2 (Advanced Room Correction) is the sequel of the first and only acoustic correction system that combines a measurement microphone, measurement software AND a correction plug-in to improve the sound reliability and acoustics of your studio in an elegant, low-cost portable solution The latest update to ARC System 2 adds AAX 64-bit compatibilty with Avid Pro Tools 11.
Please note: For compatibilty reasons, this is a mandatory update for T-RackS 4.5 users. ARC 2.2 is the only acoustic correction system that combines a measurement microphone, measurement software AND a correction plug-in to improve the sound reliability and acoustics of your studio in an elegant, low-cost portable solution.
ARC System 2 is available to purchase for 249.99 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / ARC System 2
Tracktion Software Corporation has released version 5.2.2 of Tracktion, the music production software for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Tracktion v5.2.2
- Added sequencer channel note shifting.
- Added means of swiftly toggling sequencer notes in a consistent pattern.
- Added groove template support to sequencer channels.
- Added an option to restore audio settings to defaults.
- Added a way to create a new plugin by right-clicking on an existing plugin item.
- Fix for file render paths not updating when changed.
- Fix for cleaning up some temp files.
- Fix for wrapping plugins in racks.
- Fix for some VST3 plugins.
- Fix for per-clip filter automation when drag-copying clips.
- Fix for restoring the default wave output.
- Fix for restoring the default wave output.
- Fix for edit clip renders having to be regenerated.
Tracktion is available to purchase for $59.99 USD.
More information: Tracktion