Planet-H has released G-Stomper Rhythm for Android, a versatile Tool for Musicians and Beat Producers, designed to create your beats on the go.
It’s a feature packed, Step Sequencer based Drum Machine/Groovebox, a Track Grid Sequencer, 24 Drum Pads, an Effect Rack, a Master Section and a Line Mixer. Never lose a single beat again. Write it down and rock your own jam session wherever you are, and finally export it Track by Track or as Mixdown in Studio Quality up to 32bit 96kHz Stereo.
Whatever you are up to, practice your instrument, create beats for later use in the Studio, just jam and have fun, G-Stomper Rhythm has you covered. What are you waiting for, it’s free, so let’s rock!
G-Stomper Rhythm is a pure, sampler based Drum Machine, which is dedicated to beats, ideally for beginners as well as for experienced users.
The app is a free download for Android.
More information: Planet-H / G-Stomper Rhythm
eXtream Software Development has released version 3.0 of its multitrack app Audio Evolution Mobile for Android, now featuring MIDI sequencing, virtual instruments and support for USB MIDI interfaces.
In combination with the app’s support for around 250 USB audio interfaces, this app can turn your Android tablet or phone into a powerful recording studio.
With the latest release, standard MIDI files can be imported or new MIDI tracks can be created using a piano roll editor, or recorded using a USB MIDI interface/keyboard. When used in combination with a USB audio interface for low latency, even virtual instruments can be played live.
The instruments are based on SoundFonts, with a free downloadable GS/GM SoundFont as standard. Commercial royalty-free SoundFonts will be available in the near future.
Audio Evolution Mobile for Android is available to purchase for 5.49 EUR. All MIDI functionality is available through an in-app purchase, priced at 4.49 EUR.
More information: eXtream Software Development
The Auganizer software for renaming and organizing of AudioUnit plug-ins, was updated to version 1.1.
This release is all about adding compatibility and functionality across the board. We’ve made lots of changes on the backend of the software to cater for just about every plugin out there.
Changes in Auganizer v1.1
- Ability to free up disk space by applying all changes to your system folder after editing.
- Logic presets now follow plugin renames around no matter how many times you change, update or revert.
- Added support for Automap enabled plugins.
- Full compatibility with Garageband 10.
- Ability to revert all plugins (or selected plugins) to a pure pre Auganizer state.
- Ability refresh the plugin list without closing and opening Auganizer.
- Ableton changes now appear in a “Auganized” folder under “Places”.
- Various improvements based on user feedback.
- Fixed: Unlocking plugins for users with a custom home directory.
- Fixed: Wrong popups for updated components when two versions of the same plugin exist.
- Fixed: A crash that could occur when quitting Auganizer.
- Fixed: 32Lives GUI’s in Auganizer (100% compatibility with 32Lives now).
- Fixed: “iLok not found” in Slate Digital VBC.
- Fixed: Missing GUIs (by adding, “copy back to system folder” feature).
- Fixed: Signed plugins are no longer touched or edited.
- Fixed: In testing, 100% compatibility with every plugin developer, there are currently no known problem plugins.
Auganizer for Mac is available for purchase for $34.99 USD.
More information: Auganizer
Native Instruments has launched version 2.1 of Maschine, the groove production studio for Windows and Mac.
The new Grit kick engine is a modern, versatile electronic kick drum – great for IDM and electro styles. The new Shaker Performer creates tweakable, natural-sounding shaker patterns automatically. And the sample recording screen now lets you sample directly to different pads.
New Kick Grit engine and Shaker Performer mode in Maschine 2.1.
Changes in Maschine v2.1
- Grit engine in Kick Drum Synth – The Grit kick is a modern, versatile electronic kick drum. Tuned loose, it’s deep, open, boomy, and airy. Tightened up, it adds punch and heft. At high tunings, it can become gritty and bitcrushed – great for IDM and electro styles.
- New shaker Performer mode in Percussion Drum Synth – Hold down a note, and the highly innovative Performer creates natural-sounding shaker patterns automatically. Tweak the feel of the groove in real time, and add fills and syncopated riffs, with adjustable swing, shuffle, and groove. Incredibly powerful for live performances.
- Sounds accessible on pads on sample recording screen.
- A batch function to set all sounds in a group to the same MIDI channel. MIDI export available on the Group and Sound levels.
- Undocked NI plug-in windows can be pinned to remain active when not in focus.
- Scenes can be selected/triggered via MIDI input when MASCHINE is running standalone.
- Mix page on MASCHINE and MASCHINE MK2 controllers has been expanded and now provides access to level and pan settings for groups and sounds.
- A setting that only turns the metronome on when the Record button is enabled.
- Real time group erase function.
- Shift functions allow fast scroll browsing.
- Play quantize option –notes played live on the pads are quantized in real time.
- Control software views from the navigate page on MASCHINE and MASCHINE STUDIO controllers.
- Instantiating the first plug-in on an empty sound updates the name of that sound to the plug-in name.
- Sound, group volume & pan knobs are only displayed on hover.
- ALT+Drag for copy-pasting single elements (patterns, scenes, plug-ins) in the Groups / Sounds lists and the plug-in chain.
- Browser performance improvements.
- Numerous bug fixes, as well as performance and stability improvements.
Maschine 2.1 is now available to download from the NI Service Center.
More information: Native Instruments / Maschine
WaveDNA has released version 1.3.4 of its Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro beat generator software.
The latest update features bug fixes, improvements, and better Ableton Push support. Enhancements to the Ableton Push MIDI script allow for a smoother workflow in Liquid Rhythm Max for Live mode.
Another important improvement, the Scale Selector, available in Max for Live plugin mode, allows users to start experimenting with melody pattern generation.
Changes in Liquid Rhythm v1.3.4
- Live 9 Max for Live plugin mode only:
- Scale Selector – Generate melodic patterns by hiding away note lanes not in a specific key. Select root, mode, and octaves.
- Lock clip button (from the Clip Selector) added to the Ableton Push layout.
- Improved performance when switching Live clips and loading larger Live clips in Liquid Rhythm.
- Clip Selector feature is accessible when no clip is selected within Ableton.
- LiquidRhythm.amxd patch now has a very small version number printed in the bottom right corner.
- Unlimited Live clips now display as track name and clip number in Liquid Rhythm.
- Hitting User Mode in Ableton Push to gain access to Liquid Rhythm features will perform an auto-refresh to capture any changes made to the clip.
- Kit Editor – Organize and save instruments together as a Kit in Liquid Rhythm. (Available in the Kit tab in the Library Browser, and the View Menu).
- The Randomizer panel’s fourth slider can now be used to control randomization of Velocity, Groove Offset, or both together via a dropdown menu.
- In the Diagnostics tab, enabling Diagnostic logging has been changed from a drop-down to a checkbox for ease of selection.
- Added the option to swap between eighth-note and quarter-note based indicators in the BeatBuilder. (Right-click the numbers above the BeatForm Sequencer or BarForm List to choose).
- Changing clip name within Liquid Rhythm is now undo/redoable.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the file chooser dialogue box to appear behind Liquid Rhythm on Windows.
- … Additional fixes and more information available in the full release notes.
Liquid Rhythm for Windows and Mac is available for $129 USD, Liquid Rhythm Intro is $49 USD.
More information: WaveDNA
Ableton has released version 9.1.2 of its Live 9 music production software for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Live 9.1.2
- Improvements and feature changes:
- Added control surface support for Akai APC40 MKII, APC Key 25, APC mini.
- Updated control surface documentation.
- Improved readability of text in clips, tracks, chains and macro controls. The text color is now automatically inverted, depending on the background color.
- Bug fixes:
- Live would show cryptic error messages in case it detects and repairs a corrupt database. Now it shows something more meaningful.
- Looped clip envelopes could have an incorrect length after unlinking the envelope, linking it again and then moving the clip from Session View to the Arrangement View.
- MIDI data from the computer MIDI keyboard or an external MIDI input could have a huge delay after plugging a cable into the computer’s headphone jack (Mac OS X only).
- When overdubbing a MIDI clip in the Arrangement View, the resulting clip would not be cropped to the correct content, but would contain all other notes of the track.
- A playing clip in the last scene would stop playing when deleting a scene above it.
- Fixed a bug that could occur when recording automation over a loop jump in a Session View clip when the Arrangement View’s loop is active.
- Plug-in parameters of certain VST plug-ins would not instantly update on the custom plug-in window after changing presets.
- The AU versions of UAD powered plug-ins would not release their DSP resources when turning them off in Live, even if the option “Release all UAD DSP resources on AudioUnit bypass” was enabled in the UAD control panel.
- Loading a set containing many disabled UAD AU plug-ins may have resulted in a “UAD bandwidth allocation exceeded” error while loading the set.
- Fixed a crash which could occur when quitting Live via the Mac OS X App Switcher (CMD+TAB).
- Fixed a crash that could occur on Mac OS X when quitting the application while Live is buffering samples.
- Fixed a crash which could occur in the 64-bit version when triggering multiple voices in Sampler and having the Shrink/Expand Envelopes feature enabled.
- Fixed a crash which could occur in the 32-bit version of Live when loading presets containing a very large amount of devices.
- Fixed a crash that could occur under certain conditions when moving scenes and then using Undo.
- Live 9 Intro or Lite would crash when importing an audio clip which uses the Complex or Complex Pro warp mode (Windows only).
- Changes for Push:
- It wasn’t possible to edit device parameters if a track’s input routing was set to “No Input”.
- Live would record MIDI notes at the wrong position when using Push’s Note Repeat function and having the track’s monitoring switch set to “No Input”.
- Audio clip recording could be interrupted when choosing another track with Push, even if Exclusive Arm is deactivated in Live’s preferences.
- When selecting a track, the Melodic Step Sequencer would sometimes not select a page in the currently playing clip.
The update is available as a free download for all owners of Live 9 Suite, Standard, Intro and Lite.
More information: Ableton
n-Track Software has released version 3.4 of its n-Track Studio for iPhone, iPad & iPod.
n-Track Studio is an audio and MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks, mix them during playback and add effects.
Changes in n-Track Studio v3.4
- Multitrack Piano-roll: display and edit multiple MIDI tracks at the same time.
- The MIDI keyboard now optionally doubles to show two separate keyboards that can output to separate tracks/instruments.
- The new Level Meter lets you precisely adjust and monitor the recording.
- Import multiple files from Dropbox.
- The save command can now export MIDI tracks as MIDI files.
- Fixed sometimes Audiobus channels names do not match the actual audio.
- The metronome now allows to enter fractional BPM tempos.
n-Track Studio is available from the App Store for $7.99 USD.
More information: n-Track Software / n-Track Studio
SIR Audio Tools has released version 1.5 of qwertyGO!, a software application for triggering sounds/songs with your computer-keyboard/midi-device.
qwertyGO! is useful for all musicians/artists/DJ’s on stage, theaters, radio stations, for sport events or wherever you want to play jingles/backing-tracks/sounds-effects. It’s just this nifty little helper you sometimes need!
Changes in qwertyGO! v1.5
- Audio Plug-in Environment (AU & VST Plug-in Integration).
- New Key Modules: Audio In Through (for Routing Live-In Audio through qwertyGo!).
- Trigger Group Parameter (to start sounds simultaneously).
- Appearance Settings.
- 16 channel output option.
- StandardEQ integration.
- Mac Version now Code-Signed and Retina aware.
- Windows Version high DPI-Aware.
qwertyGO! costs 49 EUR / $75 USD. A 25% discount is available if you sign up to the SIR Audio Tools newsletter.
More information: SIR Audio Tools / qwertyGO!