Nord has launched OS version 1.20 for the Nord Lead 4 performance synthesizer.
OS 1.20 is an important update that both fixes some bugs in the Nord Lead 4 as well as adding a number of new features.
Changes in OS v1.20
- Performances are now organized in 2 Banks, A and B with 50 slots in each.
- When the Ladder M filter is selected, the filter and amp envelopes is switched into a more vintage like mode.
- Nord Sound Manager Program Bundles are now supported – requires Nord Sound Manager 6.34 or newer!
- Details here.
The update is available now from the downloads section.
Nord has also introduced a new bank for the Nord Lead 4 by Richard Devine.
Richard Devine is an artist and sound designer based in Atlanta GA. He’s a man of many skills and his portfolio includes releasing music on the cult label WARP, remixing Ryuichi Sakamoto, sound design for Microsoft Windows 7 and doing sound libraries for many innovative companies like Ableton, Native Instruments, Propellerheads, Izotope and many more!
Richard also did some brilliant patches the Nord Modular G2 back in the day, so he can proudly call himself real Clavian!
The free bank includes 50 performances, 50 single programs, and 25 bonus drum sound programs.
More information: Nord / Nord Lead 4
Chris Wolfe has launched version 1.5 of Jasuto, a modular synthesizer for the iDevices.
Jasuto allows you to visually construct your own synths/effects, and use them to make sequences all on your device!
With the addition of a fully-featured sampler you can now record/resample/edit, and even create entirely new samples by drawing right in the app.
Changes in Jasuto v1.5
- Added Audiobus support (input, effect & output source).
- Completely compatible with iOS7.
- Updated UI graphics.
- Universal device and Retina support.
- Zillions of bugs squashed.
- A shinny new manual.
- Added background audio support.
- Low latency audio (256 samples).
- Sample sharing through SoundCloud.
- Dropbox syncing of samples/scenes.
- New ADSR2, AP, Brick, EXP, Mix, Power, ZeroX, Tanh, Gain Node Modules.
- In-App purchases
- High Fidelity (Hi-Fi) Audio.
- New Nodes: Chorus Module, Detuned Module, Dirty Module, Morph Module, Space Module.
Jasuto is available to purchase for $4.99 USD.
More information: Jasuto
Holderness Media has released Swoopster, a playable flanger, fuzz, and vibrato effect for iPad.
Designed for use with the Audiobus app, Swoopster is great for processing synths, drum machines and hundreds of other Audiobus compatible apps such as Figure, Sound Prism Pro, Animoog, Loopy and more.
Swoopster also works as an Inter-app Audio effect inside hosts such as AudioShare, Auria, Cubasis and Apple’s own Garageband.
- Highly playable stereo Fuzz, Flange and Vibrato effect processor.
- Process synths, drum machines and hundreds of other apps by connecting through Audiobus.
- Use Swoopster as an effect inside Garageband, Auria, Cubasis, and AudioShare using Audiobus or Inter-app audio.
- Independent left and right channel effects engines can be controlled separately or linked.
- Two distinct modes: Perform and Tweak.
- Playable presets, allowing for interesting sonic experimentation on the fly.
- Several output style options including normal stereo, wide stereo, and sum to mono.
Swoopster for iPad is available to purchase for the introductory price of $2.99 USD.
More information: Holderness Media
Cakewalk has released ScratchPad, a music app for iPad.
Designed for any music-creation enthusiast on the go, loop-based ScratchPad for iOS is intended to offer a fun and easy way to create compositions for music creation and live performance. Tweak, scratch, and stutter loops anywhere, any time: Create beats and grooves in seconds by simply dragging and dropping loops from any genre right onto each of nine Expression Pads. Then, manipulate them on the fly through a variety of performance-oriented special effects, including an XY filter pad. Tempos are locked in so loops are never out of sync, and users can record and play back performances directly from the app’s browser.
The app comes loaded with content—but users can also import their own loops via Dropbox for an even more creative experience. ScratchPad can also route to other apps through Audiobus for additional musical possibilities.
- Remix and tweak an assortment of loops and genres.
- Manipulate loops on the fly.
- Record your live performance.
- Never lose the beat–stay on time, all the time.
- Import loops using Dropbox.
The app is available to purchase for $7.99 USD.
More information: Cakewalk / ScratchPad
The Wavosaur audio editor for Windows has been updated to version 22.214.171.124, now available in 64-bit for Windows.
Wavosaur is now available as 32 bit application AND 64 bit application !
The 64 bit version runs natively on 64 bit Windows system, like Windows 7 and Windows 8, this means Wavosaur can adress more RAM. And of course can run 64 bit VST plugins.
Changes in Wavosaur v126.96.36.199
- 64 bit version: Wavosaur now runs natively on 64 bit Windows systems, and load 64 bit VST plugins, the 32 bit version of Wavosaur is also available.
- VST Host bugfix: fixed bug with “input pin”, it was causing “Izotope” VST plugins to stop working.
Wavosaur for Windows is available to download free of charge.
More information: Wavosaur