Apple has released updates for its GarageBand music software for iOS and Mac.
GarageBand is a whole music creation studio right inside your Mac — with a complete sound library that includes software instruments, presets for guitar and voice, and virtual session drummers. An intuitive interface makes it easy to learn, play, record, create, and share your hits worldwide. It’s never been easier to make music like a pro.
Changes in GarageBand Mac v10.0.3
- Adds support for OS X Yosemite.
- Access audio effect plug-ins for more detailed control over the sound of your tracks.
- Build your own bass rig with Bass Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics.
- New Voice Template for fast and easy vocal recordings.
- Share GarageBand projects with Mail Drop.
- Vertical zoom automatically adjusts the height of your tracks.
- Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility.
Changes in GarageBand iOS v2.0.4
- Stability improvements and bug fixes.
Garageband is available for purchase for $4.99 USD.
More information: Apple / GarageBand
Positive Grid has introduced All Access, All Amps, and All Effects, three new bundle packs for the popular JamUp guitar multi-effects app.
Now iOS guitarists and bass players can get the most out of the powerful mobile multi-effects processor at a greatly reduced price.
The All Access pack offers the opportunity to own everything inside JamUp, including 40 amps and 50 studio quality effects; All Amps and All Affects packs can also be purchased separately to add more gear to the arsenal.
JamUp Bundle Packs features
- All Access Pack – $49.99 USD
A vast range of amp and effect models, you can access to everything in JamUp, including 40 amps from acoustic simulation, clean, blues, crunch, boutique to metal, and 50 studio quality effects, plus the full 8-track recorder. Get the most out of the #1 guitar amp-and-effect app!
- All Amps Pack – $29.99
Access to all authentic amp models in JamUp. It’s packed with a world-class collection of guitar amps to inspire your playing. From vintage classics to modern powerhouses, each amp delivers incredible sonic depth, character and touch nuance.
- All Effects Pack – $29.99
Access to all effect models in JamUp. It features classic stompboxes, Positive Grid’s awesome modeling, and rare and eclectic studio effects, more effects will inspire your playing in endless new ways. Explore new song ideas and riffs using a broad collection of distortions, delays, mods, filters, reverbs and more.
The JamUp Bundle Packs are available as in-app purchase on the JamUp Store.
More information: Positive Grid
Bitwig has released version 1.0.15 of Bitwig Studio, the music production software for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Bitwig Studio is a dynamic software solution for music creation and performance to realize all of your musical ideas in every stage of production.
Changes in Bitwig Studio v1.0.15
- Improved: Show progress when auto-detecting controllers.
- Improved: Made auto-detecting of MIDI controllers faster.
- Improved: Add support for AKAI EWI controller.
- Improved: Add keyboard shortcut for zoom to fit (Cmd/Ctrl+0).
- Improved: When a disk-streaming buffer-underrun occurs (for instance when jumping to a location in a sample which could not be predicted), a fade.in is now applied when the streaming catches up to prevent clicks.
- Improved: Updated scripts from Livid Instruments.
- Fixed: Plugin’s window header is sometimes out of screen on Windows.
- Fixed: Add SysEx probe command to control surface console.
- Fixed: Parameter names not shown for UAD (and some other) plug-ins.
- Fixed: Freeze when moving MOD device within another MOD device’s FX chain.
- Fixed: EQs could blow-up when using extreme Q values with four-pole LP/HP filters.
- Fixed: UAD plug-ins all get the title “UAD powered plugin” when added to the device chain.
- Fixed: Improved Linux MIDI support – Virtual MIDI now works.
- Fixed: Crash when undoing the deletion of an automation lane for an indexed value atom.
- Fixed: Crash if using the bounce modifier and deleting the destination before the bounce completes.
- Fixed: Hybrid audio/MIDI interface M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 not recognized as MIDI device in Linux.
- Fixed: Overdubbing notes in the clip launcher does not end the undo operation when the user turns off the overdub button.
- Fixed: Crash when dragging arranger clips with automation follow in some circumstances.
- Fixed: Selecting automation points on the arranger using rectangular selection tool is extremely slow even when zoomed in on small part of the automation.
- Fixed: OSX gatekeeper trouble introduced by OSX 10.9.5 and 10.10 Preview.
- Fixed: Auditioning is too loud when changing velocity of notes.
- Fixed: NI Maschine drag and drop from plugin into the host does not work.
- Fixed: Crash on OSX when switching display profile while an audio interface is configured that is not available anymore.
Bitwig Studio is available for purchase for 299 EUR (full) 229 EUR (edu).
More information: Bitwig
Avid has announced new licensing for Pro Tools, adding value for Pro Tools | Software and Pro Tools | HD Software by including upcoming features – such as future cloud collaboration capabilities, as well as a standard Avid Support plan – with new purchases, upgrades, and crossgrades for one full year.
Customers who buy or upgrade to Pro Tools 11 by December 20, 2014 receive extended coverage through March 2016. Building on the software deployment flexibility of Avid Everywhere with this new licensing, Avid is making it easy for Pro Tools customers to get on the Avid MediaCentral Platform and stay current into the future.
“Pro Tools is the most frequently used and highly trusted digital audio workstation in the industry because of its unrivaled sound quality, power, and versatility for music and audio post production,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Technology at Avid. “And now we’re making it easier for all customers to elevate their music and audio production immediately—and then take it to a higher level as cloud collaboration and other new features become available later.”
Pricing upgrade/crossgrade to Pro Tools 11 (starting November 2014):
- Owners Pro Tools 9, Pro Tools 10, or any version of Pro Tools Express, Pro Tools LE, or Pro Tools M-Powered can upgrade or crossgrade to Pro Tools 11 for $199 USD.
- Owners of Pro Tools | HD 9 or Pro Tools | HD 10, or Pro Tools 9 or 10 with the Complete Production Toolkit, can upgrade to Pro Tools | HD 11 for $599 USD.
- New customers can purchase version 11 of Pro Tools | Software with Standard Support for $899 USD.
These updates/crossgrades include standard Avid Support through March 31, 2016.
More information: Avid
LiquidSonics has released version 1.2.2 of Mobile Convolution, a true-stereo reverb processor for use with Audiobus and Inter-App Audio hosts.
It allows impulse responses to be stretched, cropped and envelopes to be applied for shaping the sound of a reverb in a very natural and musical way. A configurable pre-delay provides the ability to push a reverb back into a sound-field or to creatively add rhythmic delay effects. The IR mirror mode adds further creative potential for ghostly reversed reverb effects with natural decays, or reverbs that gather into a crescendo.
Changes in Mobile Convolution v1.2.2
- Impulse response mirror mode has been added to help create reversed or gathering reverbs.
- Stereo to Mono down-mix for use with stereo IRs has been added to the settings menu (this helps to achieve natural panning when used as a send effect).
- Impulse response download links are automatically updated from a curated list maintained on the LiquidSonics website when connected to WiFi.
- All screens have been updated to support the larger screen sizes of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
Mobile Convolution is available for purchase for $9.99 USD. The update is available now in the iTunes App Store.
More information: LiquidSonics / Mobile Convolution
More posts that match this tag
Bitwig has announced The Producer Packs, a new collaboration between Bitwig and Arturia. The Producer Packs combine Bitwig Studio’s unprecedented workflow possibilities with Arturia’s premium hybrid keyboard conrtollers: the KeyLab 25, 49, and 61. Also … read more
Softube has announced the release of the Windows version of the Console 1 software for its next generation audio mixer. Finally—the Windows version of the Console 1 software is out! Furthermore, we now have automatic … read more
Solid State Logic has announced the SSL Live.L300 console, a major expansion to its Live console range. Since the introduction of SSL’s first live console in 2013, the speed with which operators can achieve outstanding … read more
Steinberg has released the UR22 Production Studio, a limited edition package that consists of the compact UR22 audio interface, the latest version of Cubase Elements and WabeLab LE alongside the sE Electronics Magneto studio microphone, … read more
iMusicAlbum has released version 1.5 of AltiSpace, a convolution reverb app for iPad and iPhone. AltiSpace includes a large built-in library of the highest quality reverb impulses taken from actual devices and the possibility to … read more
Nektar has released a new Panorama Reason installer delivering full Panorama compatibility with Reason 8 as well as backwards compatibility from Reason 5 and up. New features include the ability to create devices in Reason … read more
Mabelton Audio has announced the release of its Ableton Push Intergration Pack for u-he’s Bazille modular synthesizer plug-in. Quickly integrate Ableton’s Push and U-He’s Bazille The Push/ Bazille Integration Pack will allow you to: Find … read more
FeelYourSound has announced version 1.3.0 of Sundog Scale Studio, a MIDI composition software for Windows and Mac. Get rid of writer’s block once and for all. Experiment with new scales, harmonies, and melodies easily. Use … read more
Propellerhead Software has announced the release of Reason 8, a major new version of the award-winning Reason music production software which introduces a completely redesigned user interface and streamlined new workflow. “Musicians and producers love … read more
Bremmers Audio Design has released version 1.5 of the iOS version of the MultitrackStudio audio/MIDI multi-track recording app. It’s even easier to use, even more straightforward and even more fun. Think MultitrackStudio but leave out … read more
LiquidSonics has released version 1.1 of Mobile Convolution, a reverb effect app for iOS. LiquidSonics Mobile Convolution is a true-stereo reverb processor for use with Audiobus and Inter-App Audio hosts. It allows impulse responses to … read more
XMonsta has released version 2.0 of its PULL Ableton Device Editor for iPad. PULL – is the iPad TouchScreen Device Editor for Ableton Live 9. Built in Max for Live and Lemur, it offers the … read more
Ableton has released version 9.1.5 of Live 9, its music production software for Windows and Mac. If you’ve used music software before, you’re already familiar with one half of Ableton Live. Live’s Arrangement View is … read more
Luftrum has launched its hardware and software auction Call to Arms: Charity 2014, a fundraiser for Save the Children’s Emergency Fund. I have initiated the Call to Arms: Charity 2014, it’s a annual charity where … read more
Sonic Visualiser, a cross-platform application for viewing and analysing the contents of music audio files, has been updated to version 2.4. The aim of Sonic Visualiser is to be the first program you reach for … read more