QSC Audio Products has introduced the GX7, the newest model in its popular GX Series of power amplifiers.
Engineered and assembled in the company’s Costa Mesa, California facility, the GX7 maintains all of the key form and functional elements of the existing GX Series while delivering more power in a lighter weight package. Designed to deliver real-world power for the most popular portable applications, the GX7 features 725W per channel at 8-ohms and 1000W per channel at 4-ohms, while weighing a mere 15.5 lbs for the 120V version.
“The QSC retail amplifier customer expects a truly professional solution at a value price point.” states Ray van Straten, QSC Director of Marketing Communications. “Our customers continually reinforce their message to us that they consider three key feature/benefits to be of utmost importance in a power amp – Clean, high-output power, maximum portability, and bulletproof reliability. In developing the GX7, we focused our efforts in these areas rather than be sidelined by peripheral and largely superfluous features that just add cost. The result is a product that should exceed all performance expectations while maintaining incredibly high value for our customers.”
At the core of the GX7 is QSC’s road-proven PowerLight power supply, resulting in one of the highest power-to-weight ratios in the industry. Cooling is aided with a low-noise, variable speed fan with rear-to-front airflow. Like the GX3 and GX5, the GX7 features XLR, 1/4″ TRS and phono input connectors, Speakon® and binding post outputs, built-in subwoofer/satellite crossover control, detented gain knobs, front-panel LED indicators and GuardRail™ amplifier and speaker protection.
QSC expects to deliver the first production units in January, 2011 and is currently taking orders worldwide. MSRP $699 USD.
More information: QSC Audio Products / GX Series
KRK has announced the KNS-6400 and KNS-8400, two products in a new series of professional headphones.
Similar in purpose and design philosophy to all KRK products, both the KNS-6400 and KNS-8400 provide honest reproduction that will benefit studio engineers, studio musicians, producers and avid music fans alike. The KNS headphones provide the same qualities that users of KRK speakers and subwoofers have benefitted from for 25 years; namely, sonic accuracy, transparency and consistency. Now you can enjoy the same KRK engineering, innovation and voicing philosophy when using headphones.
KNS-6400 / KNS-8400 features
- Voiced to remain true to the character of KRK’s class leading studio monitors, developed with 25 years of years of experience in studio sound.
- The latest reference quality frequency response for closed-back, circum-aural dynamic headphones.
- Newly developed headphone acoustical system bringing a new level of headphone performance for the first time.
- Utilizing the latest in acoustic memory foam technology ensures class leading performance in both reproduction and isolation.
- A new standard in headphone comfort, even over extended periods of use, designed to avoid feeling uncomfortable during long sessions. The special foam conforms to the ear to help ensure an improved fit.
- Exceedingly accurate, natural and wide frequency response.
- Large dynamic range with extremely consistent low-distortion detail and clarity.
- Extended low frequency definition, ensures the bass component of your music is accurately reproduced, and is not lost.
- Transparent reproduction of high-frequencies, resulting in highly accurate imaging.
- High-efficiency Neodymium 40mm driver.
- High durability 2.5m single-sided straight cable with oxygen-free copper wires.
- Adjustable, foldable driver enclosures provide comfort and portability.
- Replaceable cable, head, and ear cushions to ensure long product life.
- Soft carrying case embossed with the KRK logo for travelling engineers, or storage when not in use.
- 1/4″ jack plug can be unscrewed to reveal a 1/8” plug for laptops and portable media players.
The KNS-6400 is available for a suggested US selling price of $99 USD, the KNS-8400 is $149 USD.
More information: KRK Systems / KNS headphones
Avid has introduced the M-Audio GSR active sound reinforcement speaker series for musicians and DJs who perform in small to mid-sized venues.
Built from the ground up by the same engineering team behind the industry-leading M-Audio studio reference monitor line, the GSR series includes 10” and 12” full-range PA cabinets that deliver exceptional, professional-quality sound and an 18” subwoofer that offers extended bass reproduction for larger venues.
The GSR speakers are ergonomically designed and engineered with lightweight components for maximum portability. The GSR10 250-watt and GSR12 300-watt two-way active PA speakers feature Neodymium magnets in the low-frequency drivers, substantially reducing overall weight to enable easy set-up and transport between venues. The GSR18 500-watt active subwoofer features four locking casters that make it easy for customers to roll the sub into position. All three models are built with lightweight, ultra-efficient Class D amplifiers, which provide sustained high-output levels with minimum distortion and extremely low heat, so customers will experience clear, even sound through extended periods of use.
Additional features include
- Four EQ presets designed for multiple applications—Allow customers to optimize the GSR10 and GSR12 to meet the needs of any sound setting, including DJ, live performance, music playback and public address. Variable low-frequency crossover functionality in the GSR18 enables customers to easily tune the subwoofer for use with GSR10 and GSR12 full-range speakers, or any other full-range speaker, for flat frequency response.
- Expansive, professional-quality sound—Provide wide dispersion and excellent off-axis response for balanced sound throughout any venue with exclusive OptImage wave guide technology in the GSR10 and GSR12 models.
- Flexible set-up options—Deliver broad sound coverage in any venue by allowing customers to position the GSR10 and GSR12 from built-in 1.4” pole mounts, suspend them from M10 integrated fly-points, or stack and lock identical units on top of each other for optimal placement. The GSR18 features an integrated 1.4” speaker stand receptacle for added versatility, allowing customers to save space by conveniently securing a speaker above the subwoofer.
The GSR10 is available in certain regions worldwide beginning September 13 for $499 USMSRP. The GSR12 is available worldwide September 10 for $629 USMSRP, and the GSR18 is available worldwide beginning November 1 for $999 USMSRP.
More information: Avid / M-Audio GSR
Stanton has introduced the RM.416, a mixer for the demanding mobile or club DJ featuring a vast array of traditional/USB channels & connectivity for DJing or recording in real-time.
The RM.416 is the latest in Stanton’s RM (Rack Mount) series of mixers. Stanton, an industry leader in the design and manufacture of professional audio products for DJs, has created an exceptional mixer for the most demanding mobile or club DJ. With four channels coupled with two microphone channels—in addition to a vast array of traditional connectivity—the RM.416 features a USB connection for either playing music from your favorite application or recording your mix in real-time.
Additionally, the RM.416 offers a subwoofer output with built-in crossover control, minimizing the need for an external crossover while maintaining the ability to adjust the output to perfectly match your sound system. All of these features are packed into a 4-space rack unit with a rugged metal inner chassis ensuring that the components are protected from damage and assuring a long product life.
Stanton RM.416 Rackmount Mixer
- 4 Channel 19” rackmount mixer.
- Soft power on/off for silent operation.
- 2 Front panel microphone inputs with Gain and 3-band EQ.
- USB connection for recording to or playback from a computer.
- 3 Band EQ per channel (-26 dB to +10 dB).
- Subwoofer output with gain and crossover (40Hz-200Hz) control.
- VCA crossfader reduces noise and improves life of fader.
- User replaceable crossfader and linefaders.
- Balanced XLR master output with trim control.
- Balanced p” zone output (Booth/Aux out).
- 3 Microphone, 8 stereo line, and 3 stereo phono/line switchable inputs.
- Talkover control for front panel microphone inputs.
- A / B / Bypass crossfader assign per channel.
- Signal indicator for each channel.
- 10 segment LED metering for master output.
- Versatile cueing section with cue/master mix control.
- Illuminated CUE and Fader Start buttons.
- Unbalanced Stereo RCA record output.
- Internal power supply (AC 110-240V switchable).
- Fader start control for triggering external CD players with crossfader.
- Mono / Stereo switch for master output.
More information: Stanton / RM.416
SM Pro Audio has announced MPatch 2.1, a passive volume controller/monitor switcher.
Designed to provide true passive analog control over studio monitoring systems—thereby eliminating the loss of bit-depth associated with digital attenuation—the third-generation MPatch 2.1 features dual inputs with independent volume controls, a newly-designed master attenuator utilizing state-of-the-art 0.5% tolerance SMD resistors, a headphone output with separate volume control, and a subwoofer output with variable crossover. Both balanced combination XLR / 1/4” TRS and unbalanced RCA inputs are provided, with input selection, mute, stereo/mono summing operation, and subwoofer in/out selectable from the front panel.
MPatch 2.1 features
- Dual L/R Balanced Combination XLR–1/4” TRS Inputs
- Dual L/R Unbalanced RCA Inputs
- Dual 1/8” (3.5mm) TRS Stereo Inputs
- Dual Balanced XLR Master Outputs
- Dual Balanced XLR L/R Outputs
- Balanced XLR Subwoofer Output with Optional Variable Crossover
- L/R Balanced Sub/Crossover Returns
- Three Independent Rotary Analog
- Stereo Volume Controls
- 1/4” TRS Stereo Headphone Output
- Headphone Volume Control
- 1/4” TS Remote Mute Input
- Five Output Selector Switches with Mutes
- Stereo/Mono Summing Switch
- Master Mute Switch
Designed for desktop or rack-mount use, the MPatch 2.1 carries a suggested retail price of $199.99 USD.
More information: SM Pro Audio / MPatch
Time+Space has announced it is now shipping the ESI SW10K eXperience, a powered studio monitoring subwoofer.
Smaller and lighter than its predecessor, the SW10K eXperience pairs perfectly with ESI’s range of studio monitors…
For many, a subwoofer is an essential ingredient for their monitoring system. Although many studio monitors such as the nEar04, nEar05 eXperience or nEar08 eXperience already provide a good bass frequency response, adding a SW10K eXperience will help you to provide a better picture of the low frequencies in your mix.
Whether you are producing classical 2.1 sound or 5.1 / 7.1 surround sound productions, SW10K eXperience will quickly become an important part of your monitoring setup. It´s compact size (even smaller than its predecessor), yet powerful output will easily convince you.
ESI SW10K eXperience specifications
- 10″ bass reflex powered subwoofer.
- Amplifier power: 100W@100Hz, 4 Ohm, 0.1% THD.
- Subwoofer crossover frequency: 50Hz – 250Hz (adjustable).
- Separate satellite output crossover frequency: 50Hz – 250Hz (adjustable).
- Phase control.
- Inputs: balanced XLR, unbalanced 1/4″ TRS.
- Outputs: balanced XLR.
- Input impedance: 20kOhm balanced, 10kOhm unbalanced.
- Foot switch input as mute control.
- Dimensions: 363mm(H) x 375mm(W) x 340mm(D).
- Weight 15 kg.
The SW10K eXperience is available from Time+Space for £259 GBP.
Visit ESI for more information.