Artvera has announced the release of Exposure, a free sound library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The sound library Exposure is dedicated to a memory of Tim Conrardy (1957 – 2009).
Exposure includes ambient pads, atmospheric sounds, melodic and ambient loops and some arpeggios in 52 instruments.
- For Kontakt 5.2.1 and higher.
- 123 samples in ncw format.
- Total of 52 instruments (341 MB uncompressed).
- Two layers/groups for each instrument.
- EQ, LPF, HPF and 5 effects.
- Chord and Arpeggiator.
The library is available to download from Artvera.
More information: Artvera
Psychic Modulation has re-released Subconscious, a dual arpeggiation sequence synth with oscillator crossfading, feedback modulation, and independent filter and amp envelopes for both oscillator sections.
Subconscious which was recently discontinued featured several presets designed by Tim Conrardy who has passed away recently. This VSTi will be released as freeware in his memory. Tim was so kind to help me out by providing these wonderful presets, I believe it’s something that should be shared with the VST world. I really like his “Totem” presets found under ‘Rythmic Pads’.
Subconscious is available as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC and can be downloaded here.
Just heard the news over at KVR. Tim Conrardy passed away yesterday.
Ben of Camel Audio wrote:
I have extremely sad news – Tim passed away yesterday. I received an email this morning from his wife Diane, who told me that he was out hiking, passed out and did not recover. I will remember Tim for his generosity, patience and kindness. Many of you will have corresponded with him, listened to his music or have been inspired by the sounds that he created, many of which he generously gave away. On a personal level, I have fond memories of him showing me the stars in Death Valley.
I’m sure you will join with me in passing on your condolences to his wife and daughter.
He will be greatly missed.
Tim’s Atari MIDI World, AlgoMusic, Camel Audio (preset design & support)… I’m sure many of you will know him and have fond memories of him. I don’t have any words really…
My condolences go out to his family.
, Camel Audio
, Ian Boddy
, instrument plugins
, Nucleus SoundLab
, Robert Rich
, Scot Solida
, Tim Conrardy
Posted in news
on Sep 15, 2008 - 0 comments
Camel Audio has announced Alchemy, the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer.
It’s a synth powerhouse and yet is very easy to use thanks to its performance controls and remix pads. Just tweak the library of excellent presets from many of the world’s top sound designers or dive in and analyse your own samples – it’s up to you!
Alchemy key features
- Additive, spectral and granular synthesis and resynthesis, sampling, and a very capable virtual analog engine with unison and PWM.
- Morph or crossfade between sources.
- Import your own samples from SFZ, WAV or AIFF files.
- A wide range of analog modelled filters are included, in addition to a flexible rack of effects which includes all those from CamelPhat and CamelSpace as well as many new effects such as a high quality reverb.
- The innovative modulation system is extremely flexible, yet easy to use.
- Powerful arpeggiator with the ability to import the groove from any MIDI file for immediate synchronization to a beat.
- Over 2GB of samples and analysed content from in-house designers Tim Conrardy and Biomechanoid, as well as designers such as Ian Boddy, Robert Rich, Scott Solida and Nucleus SoundLab.
- A library of 300 excellent presets from many of the world’s top sound designers is included, arranged into categories for rapid access to the sound you require.
Alchemy will be available this Autumn for $249 USD / 199 EUR / 159 GBP. Cameleon owners will be able to crossgrade for half price ($125 USD / 99 EUR / 79 GBP) and CamelSpace and CamelPhat owners will be eligble for a reduced price as well ($199 USD / 159 EUR / 127 GBP).
To celebrate the announcement of Alchemy Camel Audio are having a 38% off sale on Cameleon , bringing the price down to just $125 USD / 99 EUR / 79 GBP. So if you don’t already own Cameleon, you could buy it today and familiarise yourself with additive synthesis, and then take advantage of the 50% off discount when Alchemy is released. You’ll get Alchemy and Cameleon for the price of Alchemy alone, and new sounds to play with right away.
Visit Camel Audio for more information, including a video and mp3s.
Camel Audio‘s presets for Absynth and Massive have been updated to KORE 2 format, making finding the presets you require even easier.
What else is new?
- Owners of the Biolabs Massive soundset can now download an extra free bank of over 50 presets created by Biomechanoid, Antonio Blanca and Tim Conrardy. The bank features pads, leads, basses and atmospheres – all produced to the exacting standards of these leading sound designers.
- CamelPhat and CamelSpace factory preset banks are now available in KORE 2 format, together with template KORE presets.
- A utility bank of CamelSpace presets which are identical to the factory presets but with ‘Mix’ set to 50% is now available, ideal for applying to a complete mix, such as when using CamelSpace with DJ software.
- The CamelSpace manual is now available in French, Spanish and Italian.
Existing customers can download the new updates by logging in and going to the ‘my downloads’ area.
For a limited time you can buy any of the preset packs for Absynth or Massive at a reduced price of $59 USD / 49 EUR / £39 GBP.
Visit Camel Audio for more information.
, instrument plugins
, Nucleus SoundLab
, Tim Conrardy
Posted in news
on Jan 25, 2008 - 1 comment
Nucleus SoundLab has announced Viral Outbreak, a new soundware product based on the sounds of the Virus TI hardware synthesizer.
Using the power of extensive 96khz multisampling, manual looping and professional preset design, Nucleus SoundLab brings this powerful electronica sound to your productions!
Viral Outbreak contains all manner of TI-based sounds. Classic wavetables, raw saw and pulse waveforms (sampled at multiple pulsewidths), unison dance leads, breathtaking pads, bizarre formant effects, massive supersaws and even punchy synth drumkits.
Viral Outbreak features
- No sampler required! Viral Outbreak is powered by a full copy of the amazing WusikEngine V4 by Wusik.com. You can even use this engine to load other Wusikstation libraries.
- Nearly 3.5GB of multisamples comprising 180+ soundsets.
- Sampled at 32-bit 96khz quality! For resource efficiency, then carefully downsampled to 24-bit 48khz.
- Comes loaded with 800+ presets by the best preset designers out there: Pro-Sounds, Teksonik, Tim Conrardy, Jeremy Janzen, rsmus7 and more.
- An amazing, TI-inspired, Wusikstation v1-v3 skin by Vera Kinter (preview here).
- Refill details
- Nearly 2GB compressed in Refill format. (contains the exact same samples as the VSTi)
- 200+ unique Reason Combinators included by a variety of talented Reason sound designers included Adam Fielding, Tom Pritchard, Nick Hutton and more.
- Large variety of additional individual patches for Reason’s modules.
- Programmed for Reason 4, and as such makes good use of Thor and RPG-8.
Viral Outbreak will be available in late Q1 2008 , priced at $99.95 CAD delivered electronically. You can already pre-order either the VSTi or the Refill for 15% off – $84.95. In addition, pre-orderers will receive Ambient Drums in either Wusikstation or Refill format as a free gift.
If you already own the Viral Outbreak Volume One Wusikstation soundset, you’ll still find 1.3GB+ of new sample content and a variety of new presets (including 128 professional presets by Pro-Sounds). The crossgrade price is $29.95 (does not include the VSTi engine), or $44.95 for both formats (pre-order price is $24.95, or $39.95 for both formats).
Visit Nucleus SoundLab for more information and sound demos.
Camel Audio has released a free package of demo samples taken from three Absynth libraries available from Camel Audio.
Biolabs Absynth Sounds Vol 1-3, Vol 4-6 and Starscape Absynth Sounds
This collection contains over 100MB of samples from the demo version of Biolabs Absynth Sounds Vol 1-3, Vol 4-6 and Starscape Absynth Sounds.
Tim Conrardy writes:
If you own Absynth, we strongly recommended that you download the associated presets in which the samples really shine.
Download the free demo samples here.
Visit Camel Audio for more information about the Absynth libraries.