Serato has updated its ITCH dj software to version 2.1.
The latest version features enhancements and bug fixes for all Serato ITCH users with 2.1 offering improved stability and increased performance.
2.1 continues Serato’s commitment to providing the best possible software for people who love music.
Changes in ITCH 2.1
- New Features
- SP-6 Hardware control.
- Simple Sync mode added for two deck controllers.
- Smart Sync pitch behavior changes.
- General Bug Fixes
- Fix for crash on relocate lost files.
- Fix for hang when switching banks on the SP6.
- Fixed bug which could cause pitch to jump suddenly after loading a new track over a sync’d track and moving the pitch slider. Only occurs if there is only a single sync’d deck.
- Fixed SP6 pitch sliders not working correctly.
- Fixed ctrl-click on the SP6 pitch slider jumping to the wrong value.
- Fix for Reverse not working when in Relative Pitch after turning off Sync.
- Hot Cueing while in armed sync now switches to Auto-Tempo so that the sync’d pitch is used.
- Fix for SP6 not loading the play mode preference as Sync in some cases (randomly).
- Fix for SP6 pitch resetting when loading the same track to the deck of the same number.
- SP6 Trigger Mode now working for the Denon HC5000.
- Fixed Denon HC5000 displaying the wrong pitch when in relative pitch and not updating.
- Fix for pitch jumping if a doubled-slaved track was nudged into tempo mode.
- Sync should no longer be turned off when a track is loaded on a paused or empty deck.
- Fix for armed auto-tempo not jumping to correct tempo when using cue or temp cue (which can cause a jump if you then push play).
- Empty Crates are no longer deleted.
- Fixed a bug where Crates could get incorrectly deleted.
- Fix for edit box not displaying highlighted text when using ctrl-a to select all.
- Fix for focus incorrectly shifting to the crates list after editing multiple tags.
- Fixed bug where Sync would not turn off when loading a track with no bpm and beat grid.
- Fixed several bugs where playing a track with sync could keep doubling the track’s pitch.
- Fixed for possible incorrect BPM when using doubled/half BPMs in smart sync mode.
More details (including changes for specific hardware) here. The ITCH 2.1 update is now available to download at no cost.
More information: Serato / ITCH
Serato has released version 2.0 of ITCH, the DJ software for Windows and Mac.
Serato ITCH is an integrated software and hardware system, designed to give music selectors and DJs new kinds of control. Serato and ITCH partners have made award winning DJ systems that operate without CD players or turntables.
Using the ITCH software you can DJ music on your computer with accurate control from a range of purpose built ITCH hardware.
Changes in ITCH 2.0
- A fresh new look, with changeable Night & Day modes.
- New SP-6 Sample Player including Sample Sync.
- Multiple display modes to suit different styles of DJing – vertical, horizontal, stack and library views.
- Re-optimised Serato SmartSync engine for precise grids and locked grooves.
- Improved Library Management so you can easily copy crates & tracks to external drives for gigs.
- Smart Crates which auto-fill using keywords from your music library.
- Serato Playlists to share your tracklists either as you play, or online afterwards.
- Album Art Views for enhanced browsing.
- Improved Instant Doubles functionality, including support for 4 decks.
The ITCH 2.0 update is available as a free download.
More information: Serato / ITCH
Native Instruments today launched a time-limited special offer for its TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 DJ system.
Throughout the month of July, all owners of a newly registered KONTROL S4 unit are eligible for a free “Scratch Upgrade Kit”, which allows users to mix and scratch with timecode control via directly connected turntables or CD decks.
Combined with the advanced high-resolution jog wheels of the unit, the timecode functionality can give DJs independent control of all four decks of the software simultaneously, turning the KONTROL S4 into the only controller system on the market with fully integrated DVS features.
The “Scratch Upgrade Kit” includes a license for the TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 software version as well as a pair of timecode vinyls and CDs, and represents an additional value of $139 / EUR 129. The special offer is valid until July 31st, and applies to TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 units purchased from retailers or in the NI Online Shop.
A video of renowned turntablist DJ Dummy demonstrating the capabilities of TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 with timecode control is available on YouTube under this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9xXU30ktcY
More information: Native Instruments / Scratch Special
Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Jan 13, 2011 - 0 comments
Numark has introduced the NS6, a DJ controller for Serato ITCH which delivers massive control, mixing and I/O capabilities.
NS6 is a 4-channel Digital DJ controller with complete built in mixer and 4 decks of software control. This easy to use dual-platter system has been designed in collaboration with Serato to deliver powerful breakthrough performance to a broad range of DJs.
NS6 borrows from the popular designs of Numark’s award-winning NS7FX and V7 controllers and delivers substantial new features including the most responsive, high-resolution touch-activated platters ever produced in a DJ product. The wheels on NS6 deliver 3600 ticks of resolution per rotation; when combined with NS6’s automatically adjusted platter sensitivity the result is ultra-precise, high definition turntable control.
- Built-in 4 Channel DJ Mixer that works with or without the computer.
- Inputs for 4 line, 2 turntables, 2 microphones.
- Serato’s Itch 4 Deck DJ software included.
- Built-in professional 24-bit audio interface with balanced XLR outputs.
- Touch sensitive illuminated wheels with 3600 ticks of resolution per rotation.
- Strip Search with track position indicator.
- Channel assignable effects controls.
- Mouse-less library navigation with view options.
- Deck Controls include: Key Lock, Pitch Control, Manual and Instant Looping, Hot Cues and Beat grid.
- NS6’s uses standard MIDI protocols enabling DJs to use it with a variety of MIDI software.
Numark will showcase NS6 at the 2011 Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA, Booth #6400, January 13 – 16.
More information: Numark / NS6
Posted in news
on Jan 06, 2011 - 0 comments
UltraMixer Digital Audio Solutions has released UltraMixer 3, a cross-platform professional digital DJ solution for Windows.
UltraMixer 3 is the third generation of the reliable digital deejaying software which enables you to mix digital music in various formats such as MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, WAV, FLAC or CDs in real time. All you need is a sound card.
The DJ’s turntables are replaced by two digital SoundPlayers, the “vinyls” are available within seconds through the integrated FileArchive. No matter whether you want to use UltraMixer for a professional gig or at a private party or as virtual jukebox in restaurants, hair studios or medical surgeries – it will prove the right choice!
New in UltraMixer 3
- [FileArchive] Function to export playlists as CSV file for import and print from Microsoft Excel / Open Office / Apple Numbers.
- [FileArchive] Hierarchical table sort according to Artist, Title and Album.
- [MIDI] Accessing loops with Hercules DJ Console MK4 und Hercules DJ Control MP3 e2.
- [MIDI] Hercules MP3 e2 LED support.
- [MIDI] Support of Hercules DJ Console 4-MX.
- [Preferences] Option to disable the automatic beatmatching of loops.
- [Preferences] Option to enable automatic Beatmatching of Cue Points (only for MIDI controllers).
- [Preferences] Support of additional languages.
- [Sampler] Drag’n’Drop for Sampler-SlotButtons.
- [User Interface] Optimized function to show tracks in Explorer/Finder.
- [User Interface] Volumefader in Previewplayer integrated.
- [Waveform] Hot Cue position should be visualized in the Waveforms in addition to the saved Cue points.
- Many improvements and fixes, details here.
UltraMixer 3 Professional for Windows, Mac and Linux is available to purchase for 229 EUR / $299 USD / £229 GBP (TAX/VAT included).
More information: UltraMixer
, instrument plugins
, Speak and Spell
Posted in news
on Dec 08, 2010 - 0 comments
Necromare has released another batch of free sample-based VST instruments for Windows.
New Necromare plugins
- Dante’s Power Chords – A simple collection of muted and open powerchords. The keys are velocity triggered for each sound. On either end of the keys you will find guitar sounds mixed with demonic growls.
- Deep Space Explorer – Great for space or ambient music this VST comes with instruments to make a complete song, all accessed via a drop down menu.
- Bang – a collection of everyday obects in a percussive form. Drum map for easy navigation included.
- Broken Toy – Old toy gets new life as circuit bent instrument.
- Jazz Trumpet – Great solo instrument in its own right. Velocity sensitive, including muted trumpet and fx.
- Bongoes – The lower registers are a set of dry bongos, the upper keys are wet.
- Celtic Harp – A very pretty version of this beatiful irish instrument. sound great with soom room reverb.
- Koto – This graceful instrument is reproduced here.
- Mandolin – Exotic instrument with a nice string sound. Try and replicating the style of this instrument warning: Keep the sustain low.
- Turntable – Recordings of various sounds from a turntable. Keyboard map included.
- The Audience – Foley sounds, including laughter, boos, stomps and cheering.
- Bent Furbie – Various bent phrases and effects scattered along the keyboard. Great if you into glitch or Bent music. The controls are represented as small dots.
- PONG! – the simple but memorable blip sound from the PONG arcade video game.
- Speak and Teach – 8 octaves of samples from speak and spell toys, great for dance, electro, art, industrial, glitch…
These Necromare plug-ins are available to download at no cost.
More information: Necromare
Related: audio interface
, Ean Golden
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Nov 01, 2010 - 0 comments
Native Instruments has announced that TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 is now available in stores worldwide.
TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 is an innovative DJ system with state-of-the-art performance capabilities and immediate tactile control, representing a new level of software and hardware integration that makes DJing more versatile, more intuitive, and more fun.
The full-featured controller combines a four-channel mixer section with ergonomically laid-out high-quality control elements and an integrated audio interface, while the included TRAKTOR PRO S4 software offers the full feature set of TRAKTOR PRO, further expanded through powerful new performance functions and an optimized user interface. Based on ten years of digital DJing expertise, TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 gives DJs of all genres unparalleled creative possibilities with supreme work flow and ease-of-use.
TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 is available for a suggested price of $999 USD / 899 EUR from authorized dealers and in the NI Online Shop. A flight case is available as an optional accessory for $189 USD / 169 EUR.
The introduction of TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 is accompanied by two performance videos with advanced DJ routines from controllerism pioneer Ean Golden, complemented with an explanatory tutorial.
More information: Native Instruments / TRAKTOR KONTROL S4