Loopmasters has announced the Production Surgery competition, a chance to win Artist Series DVDs and a collection of top software.
Leading sample boutique Loopmasters are proud to announce a very exciting competition for all you beat-makers and producers out there!
Make a track from the free loops available from the widget on the Loopmasters blog – the widget makes it easy to preview the loops before you download them. Once you have made your track submit it back to Loopmasters via the dropbox: http://soundcloud.com/loopmasters/dropbox
Be sure to include your name and your email address when you upload, otherwise the Loopmasters judging panel can’t check out your submission.
The lucky winner will receive:
- 5 Loopmasters Artists Series DVDs.
- A copy of Wusikstation and Wusik EVE (courtesy of Wusik).
- A copy of Slix, Erratic, and Dirtbox (courtesy of Delamancha).
- A copy of Mixed In Key’s highly rated Harmonic Mixing software.
The runner up will get 1 Artist Series DVD and both the winner and runner up will be publicised across the Loopmasters networks, being announced through the Facebook Production Surgery Group.
Submissions will be accepted until September 30, 2009.
More information: Loopmasters
, Bunker 8
, Hip hop
, Producer Loops
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Aug 20, 2009
Producer Loops has announced the release of Dirty Sexy South 2, a 3.6 GB collection of construction kits for RnB and Hip Hop producers by Bunker 8.
‘Dirty Sexy South 2′ is the sequel to the best selling RNB Dirty South Library. A 3.6GB collection of pure to the chronic, devastatingly hypnotic dirty south vibes with that oh so soul rnb vibe construction kits. Each construction kit clocks in with Apple loops and Acid loops, the whole cross platform package.
Bunker 8 have taken the best elements of the first release and then pumped it through the floor! There are over 1,350 pieces of audio content. Big sharp snares, boomy tight kicks, knockin’ side sticks, blister sharp synths, blastin’ powerkeg sub basses, uber power string lines. These joints are guaranteed floor fillas.
Dirty Sexy South 2 is available for download for £20 GBP.
More information: Producer Loops
Ametrine Audio has announced the release of Ravernator, a Bass and Stab Synthesizer powered by the Wusik-Engine.
- 440 main presets with 6,377 variations.
- Custom made Synth Bass, Rave, Chords and stab sounds.
- Stabs 183
- Synth 109
- Chords 41
- Arp 20
- Kick Drums 85
- Trance Gate 2
- Powered by the Wusik-Engine (version 5.8.4)
Ravernator is available as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC for £34.95 GBP.
Wusikstation users can get the sounds from Ravernator in the Ravernator Sound Patches for Wusik Station, available for purchase for £24.95 GBP.
More information: Ametrine Audio
Les Productions Zvon has announced the 2009 Anniversary Sale, offering two price reduced sample bundles.
Anniversary Sale 2009
- Unusual Percussions Bundle, includes Chromatic Hits, Prepared Rhodes, Sidekick Electronic Percussion and Out There, for $35 USD (regular over $65 USD).
- Julie’s Vocal Collections, reduced prices for the three sample libraries featuring professional jazz singer Julie Hamelin.
The bundle, featuring 1235 one-shot samples, is now available for $19.99 USD (previously $34.99 USD).
More information: Les Productions Zvon
Wusik has released version 5.8.4 of Wusikstation, a hybrid sampler synthesizer for Windows.
Wusikstation is one of the most popular Sampler/Rompler out there. Since it started, it got more and more features asked for by users, a new interface, easier way to load presets and much more. Its been rated by users the number one choice when creating songs. It can cover pretty much any style of music. From NewAge to SoundTracks, from Dance to Techno.
Changes in Wusikstation v5.8.4
- Added: new White-Skin by Cusis with a different layout.
- Fixed: Unison code. (using the previous old code, but without the detune problems)
- Fixed: Pitch-Bend was out of tune. Now is dead-on.
- Fixed: crash when using the internal keyboard to play notes very fast.
- Fixed: clicking sounds when playing stereo WAV files. (another problem found)
- Fixed: loop problems with mono WAV files.
- Fixed: SFZ file, path location in non windows format. (using ‘\’ instead of ‘/’)
- Fixed: integrated sampler editor loop markers were no longer working. (due to a new Slicer mode that is under implementation)
- Fixed: some parameters where changing the selected layer when it shouldn’t be happening. (Arp/Voices)
- Fixed: all popup message boxes / questions are now modal. (always on top)
- Fixed: WusikPACK code. Added SFZ WAV Packing support. (before it would pack the SFZ file but not the WAV files) Also improved Packing/UnPacking Percentage Bars.
- Fixed: loading very large SFZ files.
- Fixed: when entering the G.Seq (G) page, it would blink the Patterns wrongly. Also when Playing by clicking in the layer selector again.
- Fixed: the FX version would crash in certain hosts.
- Updated: skin type 3 for the new white-skin. Now it shows Unison, FX-Edit-2 and FX-Edit2 only in the Layers editor. (O1, O2, O3, O4, W1, W2) A new FX-Edit1b and FX-Edit2b was introduced to be shown in the Master and FX-Editor. The Groove Sequencer will display 5 lanes, instead of 8 lanes.
Both the demonstration and full versions were updated.
More information: Wusik
Wusik has released version 5.8.2 of Wusikstation, a hybrid vector & wavesequencer sampler instrument for Windows PC.
Changes in Wusikstation v5.8.2
- New Feature: Preview-Preset, on first time preset load, it loads only a portion of the key-zones (useful with large sets like PRIZM and the Maestro-Piano).
- Added: clicking once in the Tune knob will open an Octave selector.
- Added: Transpose – Groove Sequencer (G.Seq) right click on any presets lane.
- Added: animated keyboard, Left Click + Control Key = Hold Note. Right Click = Velocity by Y Position.
- Added: master vibrato Sine/Triangle waveform and speed parameters. The tools option for the mod-matrix was also updated.
- Changed: new interpolated AMP envelope code. Improved sound for using quick Attack, Decay and Release.
- Changed: G.Seq (Groove Box Sequencer) External Sync, Global Tempo, Sequencer PAge and Current Steps Page (E.Sync, G.BPM, Sequences and Steps-Page) are now saved per Project, not preset.
- Changed: Micro-Tunning (TUN Files) is now saved per project, no longer per preset.
- Changed: fine-tune any parameter by holding the shift key. (or the middle mouse button with no shift)
- Changed: added menu options for Pitch-Bend, Midi-Channel (master and layer) and Master-Transpose parameters.
- Changed: removed the auto-sort when adding something to the modulation-matrix. Added new options to organize: add below, add above, delete.
- Changed: the animated-keyboard key-zones now follows the Master Octave/Transpose and the Layer Transpose.
- Changed: better Unison code.
- Changed: clicking in the LFO waveform switches to the selected waveform.
- Changed: selecting LFO to Amplitude makes the LFO range go from -1 to +1, instead of 0 to +1.
- Various bug fixes, details here.
Wusikstation is still available for Windows PC for $59.95 USD (current Spring 2009 Group Buy price). The demo version was updated as well.
Wusik has also updated the Wusik VM (VST Manager) to be compatible with WusikStation v5. You can download this freeware software for Windows here.
Visit Wusik for more information.