Tone2 Audiosoftware has set free its FireBird 2 software synthesizer instrument for Windows.
After seven years of faithful service, the time has come to set the bird free. Firebird itself has become vintage and even though it’s no longer profitable to remain a commercial product, we feel that more people should deserve an opportunity to enjoy this sometimes heavily underestimated synthesizer.
Which is why we decided to release one last update and turn the product into freeware (previously $79). We want to say a big THANK YOU to all customers who supported the development of Firebird and other Tone2 products, by purchasing our software.
Please feel free to share Firebird 2 with all your friends! We hope you’ll enjoy working with Firebird for many more years.
FireBird 2 features
- Very easy to program and easy to use.
- A unique sounding synthesis: Harmonic content morphing (HCM).
- High sound quality: Warm, transparent.
- 437 hand picked presets included, over 1000 sounds available.
- 84 oscillator types containing 18,000 morphable waveforms.
- 38 different filter types.
- True stereo mode, 4x unison mode, and up to 8 oscillators per voice.
- Can sound like other synthesis methods – additive, subtractive, AM, FM, phase distortion, supersaw, vocoder, sync.
- Can sound like natural instruments like piano, brass, organs…
- 23 spectral manipulations or “modifiers” can be applied to the oscillators.
- 21 arpeggiator types.
- 13 effect types.
- Skinable user interface.
FireBird 2 for Windows (VST) is a free download.