WaveDNA has announced the release of Liquid Music for Live, a plug-in for Ableton Live 9 that crafts original song ideas with advanced music tools.
Liquid Music is designed to allow users to paint melodies, harmonies and chords using the Sketch tool, and unique beats using a collection of rhythmic building blocks.
Liquid Music fully integrates with Ableton Live Suite or Ableton Live with Max for Live. Choose a synth track, and Liquid Music automatically displays the harmony toolset. Select a Drum Rack track, and Liquid Music supplies a wealth of beat sequencing tools.
Liquid Music separates music into five layers, each with unique tools a user can tweak and customize to morph and evolve music: Sketch, Key, Chords, Voice and Rhythm.
Liquid Music for Live features
- Sketch is where all the layers come together into one intuitive musical shape. Simply click and drag to create original harmonies, spark new song ideas and draw the shape of the music. Want the music to build? Draw a cresting peak. How about a big EDM drop? Plunge the mouse down and draw a valley.
- Key determines a track’s “mood.” Will it be an upbeat frolic through flower pastures with a major scale? A forlorn dirge in a minor key? Or maybe a trippy experimental journey of exotic tones with Ultralocrian or Phrygian b5 modes? A user can even transpose to better suit a vocalist—no music theory degree required.
- Liquid Music’s Chord Suggester journeys deep into the land of known progressions to recommend complementary chord changes that help build progressions. Feed those to the Chord Sequencer to create clever chord progressions without hours of frustrating trial and error. The Chord Sequencer is like a drum sequencer for chords. Just choose or randomize a chord, and a list of complementary chords helps you arrange song.
- The Voice layer helps add the right amount of harmony to melodies and chords. A user can import a melody and use the Voice Layer to add harmony, create cascading arpeggios and even customize how thick the harmonies are for specific parts.
- Rhythm includes a host of tools based on WaveDNA’s Liquid Rhythm software. A user can experiment with new beats and customize their note duration, velocity, timing and more. Rhythm mode lets a user create unique, elaborate beats in seconds using an extensive list note patterns and clusters—entire bars at a time.
- Included are presets to help create original ideas and rich harmonies, and a user can swap their five “layers” for nearly limitless possibilities.
Liquid Music for Live is available for purchase for the introductory price of $129 USD (regular $199 USD). Liquid Rhythm users can upgrade to Liquid Music for $59 USD (MSRP $99 USD). Requires Ableton Live 9 (Suite) and Max for Live 6.1.7 or 7.0.4.