Applied Acoustics Systems has announced availability of Chromaphone 3, an update to the acoustic object synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
The physical modeling synthesizer now includes a new Home view, 2-voice multitimbral performance, a completely new factory library of 421 sounds, and lots more.
Chromaphone 3 is a two-voice synthesizer based on eight physically modeled acoustic resonators. This versatile instrument provides a delightful mixture of real-life presence and distinctive timbres that can’t be found anywhere else. Chromaphone 3 ships with 1000+ presets taking full advantage of its state-of-the-art acoustic object synthesis.
“Adding depth and dimension was the name of the game for this next iteration of our favorite synthesizer,” says Eric Thibeault, product designer at Applied Acoustics Systems.
“Chromaphone 3 is now bitimbral. Combining two independent Chromaphone synthesis engines opens up a whole new world in terms of content. We’ve also added per-layer macros that allow sound designers to make sound variations an integral part of the design process.
Our team of top sound designers has put together a brand new factory library which exploits these new possibilities. Additionally, each and every sound was fine-tuned to provide a consistent gain-stage, unity-gain effects, better dynamics, and compelling MIDI-controlled sound transformation assignments. We’re positive that you will now enjoy Chromaphone’s distinctive sonic signature even more.
Changes in Chromaphone 3
- Home view: The Home view presents a distraction free and laid-back browsing and tweaking experience.
- Two-Voice Multitimbral: Two independent timbres—stacked or split—create performance-friendly, texture-full, and spacious sounds.
- Macros: Four performance macros per layer that respond to user-defined MIDI controls. Each and every sound features modulation, timbre, envelope, and effect morphing assignments that can be played in real time for enhanced expressivity and sonic dimension.
- Browser: The brand-new browser offers an efficient way to home in on the right sounds thanks to the Packs, Sounds, Categories, and Creators views.
- Factory Library: Chromaphone 3’s factory library contains 421 never heard before sounds as well as refined versions of the 670+ Chromaphone 2 presets.
Chromaphone 3 is available now at an introductory price of $99 USD until November 20th, 2020 (regular $199 USD). It comes in VST, AU, RTAS, and AAX plugin formats. Exiting Chromaphone users can upgrade for $39 USD.
In celebration of the update, the Chromaphone 3 +PACKS bundle including all 14 expansion sound packs is now just $189 USD (regular $389 USD) and all sound packs for Chromaphone are $19 USD during the promotion (regular $39 USD).
More information: Applied Acoustics Systems