BOSS has announced a powerful new multi-effects pedal based on the flagship GT-1000 guitar effects processor.
The GT-1000CORE houses the complete internal sound processing of the GT-1000 in a single stompbox, giving players class-leading sound quality, advanced AIRD technology, and a vast range of premium BOSS amp and effects in an amazingly compact package.
Ideal for both guitar and bass, GT-1000CORE fits into any pedalboard setup and works equally well as an all-in-one processor for playing live and in the studio. And with flexible I/O and deep control support, it’s right at home as the core of any rig.
Offering a complete sound processing solution in a go-everywhere format, GT-1000CORE lets players travel light and tackle any professional playing situation with no additional pedals. A single patch provides access to 24 simultaneous effects, including two amps at once. And with 250 user patches available, there’s ample room to store sound creations for every type of gig. The impressive DSP engine delivers on-demand power for all effects blocks, so there are no frustrating processing limitations while creating sounds.
In addition to standalone operation, GT-1000CORE brings next-level creative versatility to any pedalboard. Three onboard switches can be configured for a variety of functions, and users can easily integrate with other stomps via mono or stereo I/O. Dual send/return jacks are also available, supporting external effects, four-cable method, or separate feeds to a PA or recorder. Deeper control is possible with external footswitches and expression pedals, and users can remotely switch amp channels as well. MIDI I/O is provided on space-saving TRS jacks for seamless integration with other MIDI devices.
- The complete internal tone processing of the GT-1000 in a compact and portable stompbox.
- Unlimited sound creation with 24 simultaneous effects blocks—including two different amps—and numerous series/parallel routing options.
- Unmatched sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate.
- AIRD (Augmented Impulse Response Dynamics) technology delivers natural feel and optimized integration with all types of external devices.
- Includes classic BOSS effects, vintage stomps, MDP effects, and algorithms directly ported from the DD-500, MD-500, and RV-500 pedals.
- Ultra-fast patch switching and delay carryover.
- Innovative Stompbox feature simplifies using common effects settings in many different patches.
- Looper for practicing, developing ideas, and enhancing live performances.
- High-resolution tuner with mono and polyphonic displays.
- Two send/return loops for external effects, four-cable method, or separate direct outputs.
- 16 slots for onboard user IRs.
- Supports external control via footswitches, expression pedals, USB, and TRS MIDI.
- Control out function for switching amp channels.
- USB audio/MIDI interface for computer-based recording and editing.
- Dedicated mode for bass guitar applications.
The GT-1000CORE will be available for $699.99 USD in October 2020.
BOSS has also announced the RC-5 and RC-500 next-generation looper pedals with premium sound quality, built-in rhythms, MIDI control features, and more.
Filled with next-generation BOSS technologies, these new pedal-based loopers feature class-leading 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing, onboard rhythms, phrase memories for storing loops, backlit displays, and much more.
The single-track RC-5 and dual-track RC-500 both offer 13 hours of stereo recording, plus advanced external control support via footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI.
Housed in BOSS’s famous compact series format, the RC-5 features full stereo I/O and the most advanced interface available in any stompbox looper.
The LCD’s backlight changes color to indicate recording, overdub, and playback states. And coupled with the multi-function parameter knob, it’s quick and easy to navigate rhythms, system settings, and more in the heat of the moment.
The RC-5’s versatile pedal switch covers all basic looping functions, but deeper control is supported as well. Users can connect up to two external footswitches for direct control of many assignable functions, or an expression pedal for continuous adjustments.
The RC-5 also includes MIDI I/O on space-saving TRS jacks—a first for any compact series pedal—providing even deeper control for players with advanced systems.
The RC-500 is ideal for guitarists, singer/songwriters, multi-instrumentalists, and anyone who wants to take their looping to the next level.
Users can connect mono/stereo instruments and pedal effects, plus a mic to the dedicated XLR input—complete with phantom power if needed. The RC-500’s two tracks can be used independently for song-style composition, or together for rich multi-track textures.
Like the RC-5, the LCD backlight changes color to show the current operation mode, while track faders and a mic level knob provide hands-on access to volume control while performing.
The RC-500’s stereo I/O and three built-in footswitches are configured for basic operations by default, but they can be reassigned in a variety of ways. The RC-500 also offers deep external control support, including MIDI I/O on TRS jacks.
Both the RC-5 and RC-500 come loaded with 57 inspiring rhythms—each with A/B variations—to accompany loop adventures. Drum kits can be changed to suit the musical style, with 7 kits available in the RC-5 and 16 kits in the RC-500.
The RC-500 comes with a variety of Loop FX for bringing interest and energy to loop performances, including repeat, scatter, shift, and vinyl flick. Both the RC-5 and RC-500 also offer a cool reverse function, perfect for creating unique sonic flavors on demand.
The 99 phrase memories in the RC-5 and RC-500 let users store loops as fast they create them, complete with rhythm and kit selections, control assignments, and more. Loop audio can be backed up to a computer via USB. And with WAV import via BOSS Tone Studio, the RC-5 and RC-500 can be used as playback hubs for lesson material, jam tracks, or backing music on gigs.
The RC-5 and RC-500 will be available in October 2020, priced $199.99 USD and $349.99 USD, respectively.
More information: BOSS