BOSS has announced the availability of the Katana-Air, the world’s first totally wireless guitar amplifier.
Compact and battery-powered, the Katana-Air features new low-latency wireless guitar technology developed by BOSS and a custom wireless transmitter that plugs into any electric guitar. This gives players the freedom to jam and practice anywhere without fussing with guitar cables or AC connections. It’s also possible to play along with audio streamed via Bluetooth from an iOS or Android smartphone, and remotely edit tones and effects from the dedicated BOSS Tone Studio app.
Equipped with the same sound-shaping features found in the Katana Version 2 amplifiers, the Katana-Air delivers premium tones for all styles of music. Five channels provide a wide range of sounds, from sparkling clean to BOSS’s custom high-gain Brown sound. There’s also integrated access to over 50 BOSS effects, plus six memories for storing favorite amp and effects setups.
The Katana-Air is a true stereo amplifier with two custom-tuned speakers and up to 30 watts of total power, offering big, rich sound for both guitar amplification and full-range music reproduction. A convenient docking port in the amp charges the battery in the included wireless transmitter, providing up to 12 hours of continuous playing time per charge.
The Katana-Air is always ready to play. It operates in standby mode to conserve energy when idle, and instantly wakes when it senses motion. In addition, the transmitter automatically establishes the optimum wireless connection when docked, with no user operation required.
- Totally wireless guitar amplifier with newly developed BOSS technology delivers rock-solid sound with ultra-low latency.
- Compact wireless transmitter plugs into various kinds of electric guitars and charges while docked in the amp.
- Transmitter provides 12 hours of playing time on a single charge, and automatically enters standby mode to conserve the charge when no activity is detected.
- Always ready to play, with motion sensing technology in the transmitter that instantly wakes the amp from power-saving standby mode.
- Premium tones derived from the Katana stage amplifier series, with five unique amp characters and access to over 50 world-class BOSS effects.
- Six onboard memories for storing favorite amp and effects setups.
- Powerful stereo speaker system with full-range sound and up to 30 watts of power.
- Edit and organize tones wirelessly with the BOSS Tone Studio app for iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Play along with music streamed wirelessly from a mobile device via Bluetooth®.
- Amplifier powered by eight AA-size batteries or included AC adapter.
- Aux in for connecting wired devices, plus headphones/recording out for silent practice and music production.
The Katana-Air wireless guitar amplifier is now available for $399.99 USD.
More information: BOSS