Eventide Audio has announced the release of Pendulate, a free synth instrument by Newfangled Audio.
The chaotic monosynth offers something truly new, using a brand-new oscillator technique to create previously unheard sounds from biting basses, to searing leads and gritty textures.
Pendulate is based on the physics of a double pendulum. What initially looks like randomness contains underlying patterns, interconnectedness, constant feedback loops, repetition, self-similarity, fractals, and self-organization.
When designing the Pendulate oscillator, great care was taken to bring out these underlying patterns. The result is an oscillator that can smoothly fade from a sine wave to total chaos, with an expanse of territory to explore in between.
- Novel chaotic oscillator based on the double pendulum makes sounds you’ve never heard before, but will want to hear again.
- Wavefolder based on the one in the Buchla 259 Complex Waveform Generator, adding MIX and CUTOFF.
- Low Pass Gate based on the Buchla 292 adds controls for POLES and RESONANCE.
- Innovative modulation UI allows modulation over every control from the main page, allowing up to 169 simultaneous modulation routings.
- MPE support allows amazing control from innovative new controllers.
- Envelope and LFO each have multiple outputs generated at once, like a modular synth should.
- Modulation! Every mod output to every control means up to 221 modulation points in an intuitive single pane.
- Animations! The Double Pendulum, Wavefolder, and Low Pass Gate modules each have animations to show how each module responds to your input, and to modulation.
- Three unique color schemes to customize your look.
- 136 Presets including artist presets from Matt Lange and Matthew Wang.
Pendulate is compatible with 64-bit VST3, AU and AAX formats. It requires no iLok.