Genuine Soundware and Instruments has announced the release of GS-201 Mark II, a virtual tape echo effect plugin that emulates the Roland RE-201 Space Echo.
The GS-201 Mark II is a reboot of the virtual effect GSi released in 2007. The new version has added features such as deep parameter editing, tempo sync, stereo operation, and more.
There was a time when the echo effect was made using magnetic tapes, and among the many units that the industry brought to the market, one model shone above all: the Space Echo RE-201. This was by far one of the most used and still today is one of the most sought after tape echo units ever made.
The new GS-201 Mark II is the evolution of a project we started back in 2008 with the release of the old version of GS-201. The purpose is to capture the magic of the Space Echo and make it available to all, right there, into the computer. Not an easy task, but the experience we gained during the last 10 years in audio DSP development has helped us reach a result that sometimes can fool even ourselves.
GS-201 Mark II features
- Adjustable tape length from 1 meter to 4 meters.
- Adjustable quality for all heads, including erase and write heads.
- Adjustable Azimuth alignment for all heads.
- Host Tempo synchronization with 16 divisions.
- Stereo option with adjustable width (delay between channels).
- Adjustable noises (hiss & hum).
- Adjustable motor lag time.
- Adjustable tape quality and loop junction.
- RE-501 BBD Chorus.
- RE-501 Sound-on-sound pickup head (4th head).
- Authentic “Folded Line” Spring Reverb emulation.
- Built-in programmer with 128 Programs.
- Import/export of Programs and Banks.
- Built-in MIDI Learn function with import/export of custom MIDI maps.
- Adjustable output level.
- Integrated help with tool-tips and readout displays.
GS-201 Mark II is available in VST/VST3 and AU plugin formats, as well as standalone software for Windows and Mac. It costs 45 EUR ex. VAT where applicable.
More information: GSi