iZotope has announced an update to the Ozone 9 audio mastering suite, introducing various fixes and improvements requested by users, including improved support for MacOS Catalina.
Version 9.1 of Ozone brings the “Show Extra Curves” into Ozone 9, now updated with smoother responsiveness from previous versions.
When enabled from the preferences menu, it gives you a picture of how your EQ adjustments affect the phase of your audio. In mastering, changes in phase introduced by EQs can have ramifications across the mix and can translate into unwanted artifacts.
The “Show Extra Curves” view will give you an idea of just how much phase alteration you can expect based on the gain of your EQ node. Refer to the Ozone 9 user guide for more information on how to view the different types of curves.
Extra headroom has been added to Master Rebalance, bringing the maximum absolute value to nine. Although best used in surgical increments (1 dB is enough, 3 dB is plenty, 6 dB is usually pretty drastic), this extra dB gives you the freedom to go nuts and push things a little too far.
A subtle but important fix users have been asking for, you can now “text scrub” in Ozone 9 just like in previous versions. This is useful if you want to make small adjustments to the gain of an EQ node and not change its frequency, or vice versa. The controls “lock” in place when you’re adjusting, keeping your field of view clear while evaluating your moves.
Ozone 9.1 now also supports Mac OSX Catalina.
Changes in Ozone 9.1
- Added ability to scrub (click and drag) to adjust text based values in the EQ HUDs.
- Added “Extra Curves” displays to the EQ.
- Extended the range of the Gain control in Master Rebalance.
- Fixed LP/HP filter Slope value resetting to 6 dB/oct if value was changed using the inline edit field in the EQ HUD.
- Fixed incorrect Q value display for bands that are disabled by default in the All Bands view of the EQ.
- Fixed issue where double-clicking on an .ozn project file would open an empty Ozone app project instead of the selected project.
- Fixed missing ‘Sum to Mono’ button in the I/O panel of the Ozone 9 Imager component plug-in.
- Fixed incorrect module panel being shown when switching between tracks with different signal chain contents in the Ozone app.
- Fixed missing playhead indicator in the Reference panel.
- Fixed missing Initial State entry in the Ozone mothership plug-in undo history list.
- Fixed module panel remaining visible after the module was removed from the chain by stepping back through events in the history list.
- Fixed inconsistent behavior when selecting bypass events in the Ozone app history list.
- Fixed missing undo history events for module bypass and solo for any module that is not included in the factory default signal chain.
- Fixed missing undo history events for adding or removing bands in the Dynamics, Exciter, and Imager modules.
- Fixed incorrect latency reporting when Codec Preview is enabled.
- Fixed intermittent crash when writing Dynamic EQ plug-in automation.
- Fixed crash when global mothership presets were loaded in an Ozone component plug-in.
- Fixed intermittent crash in the Ozone application when bulk importing files of varying sample rates.
- Fixed intermittent crash that could occur after running Master Assistant several times in certain DAWs.
- Fixed crash opening non-44.1k Ozone app projects that contain plug-ins in the signal chain of any track.
- Fixed intermittent crash when loading Ozone app projects, sessions, or host presets with reference tracks of varying sample rates or file formats.
- Fixed crash/hang on playback when using Reference tracks within dual mono instances of Ozone in Logic.
- Fixed inaccurate output meter clipping indication in the Ozone app.
- Fixed custom install location for Tonal Balance Control 2 on Windows.
- Fixed inconsistent behavior when loading module presets in the mothership or app preset manager.
- Fixed inconsistent bandwidth value settings when loading some EQ module presets.
- Fixed track waveform display issues when resizing the Ozone application.
- Fixed delayed update to the composite curve after adjusting Frequency resolution in the EQ options.
- Fixed latency between the scrolling waveform and gain reduction trace.
- Fixed display of track waveform data when zoomed in to the sample level.
- Fixed incorrect default I/O meter type.
- Fixed labeling of Mid/Side mode in Low End Focus.
- Fixed layout and styling of the plug-in selection list in the Ozone application.
- Fixed alignment of the correlation trace center line in the Ozone 9 Imager.
- Fixed alignment of text elements in the Master Assistant panel.
- Fixed overlapping scale labels in the EQ and Match EQ.
- Added support for macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
As part of a “Mix & Master Month” sale, Ozone 9 is available from iZotope and distributor Plugin Boutique at discounts of up to 77% off, including updates and crossgrades. Prices are starting from $29 USD.
The offer expires April 1st, 2020.