ModernBeats has released Hit Theory, an Ebook on urban and hip hop music production.
Hit Theory Ebook
- Become a Hit Producer: Grasp the art of high quality recordings, cognizant of all necessary conditions required for solid recording; learn the importance of studio treatments, plus solutions for a less-than-ideal recording environment.
- Know Your Gear: Learn exactly what to look for when buying gear; discover the meaning of equipment specifications; discern differences between recording consoles and interfaces, microphones, cabling and pre-amplification.
- Music Theory: Understand how to apply modal scales to your compositions; learn musical dynamics and instrument emulation via keyboard and more.
- Sampler Technique: Learn how to create your own custom producer workstation using samplers and keyboards; discover the studio secrets and workflows of platinum producers; learn to slice and dice samples and beats at a moment’s notice – just like the pro’s.
- Hit Construction: Apply your knowledge of dynamics and theory to create complex, intelligent musical phrases; learn the basics of sequencing musical phrases into full arrangements.
- Producer Mindset & Philosophy: Learn to fuel your creative fire & think like a composer; arm yourself with a rock solid work ethic; adopt the same producer mindset & philosophy owned by the top dawgs of hip hop.
Hit Theory provides more than 100 pages of on point music production technique packed with 36 illustrations & graphics, and over 20 audio examples for a total file size on 52MB.
Hit Theory is available for download and costs $29.95 USD.
Visit ModernBeats for more information and some chapter samples.