Platinum Samples has released Volume 1 and 2 of Jim Scott Rock Drums, two BFD2 compatible Expansion Packs, featuring a selection of Jim’s personal classic drum kits recorded with as many as 256 velocity layers at his own PLYRZ Studios as well as samples played by Chad Smith & Steve Ferrone recorded at Sound City Studios (Nirvana, NIN, Tom Petty).
One of L.A.’s most respected producers, engineers and mixers — and one of the busiest — Jim Scott has built his rep off of crisp, live-off-the-floor sounds and attendant good vibes. Scott picked up his first Grammy in 1995 for engineering Tom Petty’s Wildflowers, scoring two more for his work with Santana on Supernatural and the Foo Fighters’ One By One. In 2007, he doubled his Grammy total, scoring a hat trick for his recording of the Dixie Chicks milestone Taking the Long Way. That album was the most recent of dozens of projects Scott has done with Rick Rubin during the past two decades, from Petty and Johnny Cash to the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Slayer. (Bud Scoppa, Mix Magazine July 2007)
Jim Scott Rock Drums features a selection from Jim’s personal collection of classic drum kits from the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s recorded at his own PLYRZ Studios using his Neve 8048 console and analog outboard gear, as well as samples played by Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers) and Steve Ferrone (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Average White Band, Eric Clapton) recorded at Sound City Studios (RHCP, Tom Petty, Nirvana) using their Neve 8028 console. The drums compiled in the Rock Drums expansion have been played on albums from Robbie Robertson, The Dixie Chicks and Barenaked Ladies to the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Jim Scott Rock Drums features
- Rock Drums Volume 1
- Almost 80 GB of samples recorded with as many as 256 velocity levels.
- 40 drums and cymbals including kits played by Chad Smith (RHCP) and Steve Ferrone (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Eric Clapton).
- Included kits: Ludwig Blue Sparkle (sticks & brushes), Kent Orange Sparkle (sticks & blast sticks), Chad Smith – Satin Ebony Gretch, Steve Ferrone’s Metallic Green Gretch Signature Model.
- Rock Drums Volume 2
- Almost 38 GB of samples recorded with as many as 256 velocity levels.
- 25 drums and cymbals (3 drum kits) played by Don Heffington (Emmylou Harris, Bob Dylan) and Bobby Jarzombek (Halford, Spastic Ink).
- Included kits: Ludwig Red Sparkle (sticks), Ludwig Champagne Sparkle (sticks), Ludwig Sky Blue Pearl (sticks).
The Jim Scott Rock Drums titles are available for pre-release* now. Volume 1 is $249.95 USD, Volume 2 is $129.99 USD and the Combo Pack is $319.99 USD.
Visit Platinum Samples for more information and some audio demos.
* Pre-Release Expansion Packs include the complete pack’s audio/sample content but are shipped on duplicated DVD’s in DVD cases without a retail box. Customers who purchase the pre-release versions of a pack will be shipped the full retail versions with replicated DVD’s when they’re available.