Yuroun has introduced Pure Pads, a sound library for the Alchemy sample manipulation synthesizer by Camel Audio.
Pure Pads is a small Alchemy soundset with 30 pad sounds. All the sounds where made with the Alchemy’s Virtual Analog engine, so the sounds are Pure Alchemy. The pad sounds are Warm, lush, deep, dreamy, drone’ish. Listen to the demo’s.
Each of the 30 presets makes full use of Alchemy’s remix pads, offering a total of 240 sound variations. Use the remix pad and tweak knobs to find sounds that inspire you, or just fit well into your mix. As a bonus we’ve included the midi files and FL Studio 11 project files used by the demo sounds.
The sound library costs 6.50 EUR inc. VAT.
More information: Yuroun / Pure Pads
Camel Audio has introduced Alchemy Mobile v2, the synthesizer app for iPad and iPhone.
Turn your iPad/iPhone into an expressive synthesizer studio with stunning sound quality.
Alchemy Mobile v2 is a major update to Camel Audio’s iOS synthesiser for your iPad/iPhone. It features drum pads and a new 4-Track Sequencer for intuitive song creation. Camel Audio have also added Audiobus support so you can integrate Alchemy with your mobile studio.
Alchemy Mobile v2 features
- 4-Track Sequencer – Intuitive song sketch pad with mixer and solo/mute.
- Audiobus Support – Integrate Alchemy with your mobile studio.
- Drum Pads – Create your own beats.
- New Presets – Improved sounds including piano, strings, guitar and drum kits.
- Improved Recording – Overdubbing, song position indicator and adjustable track length.
- iCloud – Backup and transfer your songs.
- 8 Demo Songs – Hear what Alchemy Mobile can do.
- Tutorial – Learn fast.
- Improved Graphics – Now sharper and clearer.
- Lower Latency – Snappier performance on iPad3/iPhone 5.
- Simplified Account Signup – get 35 free presets by entering an email address and password.
Alchemy Mobile is a free app for iOS. The Pro Upgrade includes saving of your songs, and extra sounds and songs to remix. It is available as an in-app purchase for $14.99 USD / 11.99 EUR / £10.49 GBP.
More information: Camel Audio / Alchemy Mobile
Patchpool has announced the release of The Vase, a sound library for Camel Audio Alchemy, containing 15 patches made entirely from a multisampled vase using unprocessed samples for beautiful and delicate mallet-like instruments and processed, spectralized and metasynthed samples for pads, synths, soundscapes and otherworldly noises.
The vase was played with soft mallets, hitting it at the top, bottom and side, recording 10 variations for each hit (10x Round Robin). It was also played with the hand for claydrum-like sounds (9xRR), it was rubbed with a drumstick, it was filled with water for nice drips and drops and it was resynthed to create keyboard-like instruments.
All vase samples were recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R in 48 Khz/24 Bit, a U87 as the center mic – a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R.
As in all my soundsets for Alchemy I make extensive use of Alchemy’s complex modulation possibilities and filters, often intermodulating LFOs/MSEGs/Sequencers with each other and assigning numerous parameters to a single Controller. This enables the user to deeply interact with the sounds and shape it according to his needs and preferences. Also the patches can serve as a starting point for the user’s own creations when loading new samples into them and then using the pre-assigned Controllers and Snapshots in the Remix Pad.
The Vase for Alchemy is available to purchase for 11 EUR. Requires the full version of Alchemy.
More information: Patchpool / The Vase
Detunized has announced it is now offering Universal Formats of its sound libraries.
This new category offers sound libraries in several open formats that are easily accessible by numerous audio workstations and software samplers like Reason, Dimension, Kontakt, Halion, Alchemy, Directwave and many others. Each release contains either pure WAV files or preprogrammed patches that comply with the standards of SFZ, SXT, NKI, FXP and EXS formats.
Currently the following sound libraries are available in these formats:
- DTG012 – Forstrasse No. 8 (wav) – Field Recodings
- DTG027 – Just Water (wav) – Field Recodings
- DTG029 – Infinite (wav) – Textures
- DTG035 – City Traffic (wav) – Field Recodings
- DTG037 – Chropolis (sfz, nki, sxt, exs, fxp) – Hybrid Synthesizers
- DTG043 – Vox Populi 2 (sfz, nki, sxt, exs, fxp) – Analog Synthesizers
- DTG045 – Polite 800 (sfz, nki, sxt, exs, fxp) – Hybrid Synthesizers
- DTG047 – Computer Noises (wav) – Field Recodings
Universal Formats will be expanded weekly with further releases of analog and digital synthesizers, field recordings, pianos, textures, keys and more.
More information: Detunized / Universal Formats
, audio interface
, sample player
, sound design
Posted in news
on Apr 04, 2013
SKYLIFE has announced the release of SampleRobot Single-X for Mac OS X.
With SampleRobot Single-X musicians and sound designers can create professional sample sets and transfer their instruments easily to the digital domain. One can also turn virtual instruments into multi-samples for hardware sample players and workstations.
SampleRobot Single-X offers a lot of sophisticated sampling and auto-loop features from his award-winning brother SampleRobot Pro. Single-X stands for „Single Export Format“ and is appropriate if using mostly one sampler type and therefore only one export format is needed.
These different export format options are available: Wave, Kontakt and Reason, Alchemy, Soundfont 2, Blofeld, HALion, WusikStation, SFZ / Dimension
For precise audio loop editing and advanced auto processing SampleRobot Single-X can be combined with SKYLIFE WaveRobot as an upgrade.
SampleRobot Single-X now includes installers for Apple OS X (Mountain Lion, Lion & Snow Leopard) as well as Microsoft Windows (8, 7, Vista & XP).
Changes in SampleRobot 4.51
- New SKYLIFE server connection for registration and online content.
- Mac: New installers for OS X fully compatible with OS 10.8, including a new framework with many optimizations and speed advantages, streamlined recording processes and path architecture, combined with enhanced support for various audio interfaces.
- PC: Enhanced support for Windows 8 including a new virtual interface. SampleRobot can be connected to the SKYLIFE SampleRobot Instrument Host which will be released shortly. In conjunction with the SKYLIFE SampleRobot Virtual Cable this virtual interface has the ability to sample virtual instruments and all audio streams that play on the same computer like web radio, music streams and other media data (abiding by relevant copyright laws and license agreements).
SKYLIFE SampleRobot Virtual Cable + Instrument Host is a discrete product that can be used in conjunction with SampleRobot as well as independently with other applications. The download will be available soon on the SKYLIFE STORE.
SampleRobot Single-X for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $59 USD / 49 EUR / £39 GBP. A bundle with WaveRobot costs $129 USD / 99 EUR / £85 GBP.
More information: SKYLIFE / SampleRobot Single-X