Yuroun has introduced Pure Pads, a sound library for the Alchemy sample manipulation synthesizer by Camel Audio.
Pure Pads is a small Alchemy soundset with 30 pad sounds. All the sounds where made with the Alchemy’s Virtual Analog engine, so the sounds are Pure Alchemy. The pad sounds are Warm, lush, deep, dreamy, drone’ish. Listen to the demo’s.
Each of the 30 presets makes full use of Alchemy’s remix pads, offering a total of 240 sound variations. Use the remix pad and tweak knobs to find sounds that inspire you, or just fit well into your mix. As a bonus we’ve included the midi files and FL Studio 11 project files used by the demo sounds.
The sound library costs 6.50 EUR inc. VAT.
More information: Yuroun / Pure Pads
Camel Audio has introduced Alchemy Mobile v2, the synthesizer app for iPad and iPhone.
Turn your iPad/iPhone into an expressive synthesizer studio with stunning sound quality.
Alchemy Mobile v2 is a major update to Camel Audio’s iOS synthesiser for your iPad/iPhone. It features drum pads and a new 4-Track Sequencer for intuitive song creation. Camel Audio have also added Audiobus support so you can integrate Alchemy with your mobile studio.
Alchemy Mobile v2 features
- 4-Track Sequencer – Intuitive song sketch pad with mixer and solo/mute.
- Audiobus Support – Integrate Alchemy with your mobile studio.
- Drum Pads – Create your own beats.
- New Presets – Improved sounds including piano, strings, guitar and drum kits.
- Improved Recording – Overdubbing, song position indicator and adjustable track length.
- iCloud – Backup and transfer your songs.
- 8 Demo Songs – Hear what Alchemy Mobile can do.
- Tutorial – Learn fast.
- Improved Graphics – Now sharper and clearer.
- Lower Latency – Snappier performance on iPad3/iPhone 5.
- Simplified Account Signup – get 35 free presets by entering an email address and password.
Alchemy Mobile is a free app for iOS. The Pro Upgrade includes saving of your songs, and extra sounds and songs to remix. It is available as an in-app purchase for $14.99 USD / 11.99 EUR / £10.49 GBP.
More information: Camel Audio / Alchemy Mobile
Patchpool has announced the release of The Vase, a sound library for Camel Audio Alchemy, containing 15 patches made entirely from a multisampled vase using unprocessed samples for beautiful and delicate mallet-like instruments and processed, spectralized and metasynthed samples for pads, synths, soundscapes and otherworldly noises.
The vase was played with soft mallets, hitting it at the top, bottom and side, recording 10 variations for each hit (10x Round Robin). It was also played with the hand for claydrum-like sounds (9xRR), it was rubbed with a drumstick, it was filled with water for nice drips and drops and it was resynthed to create keyboard-like instruments.
All vase samples were recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R in 48 Khz/24 Bit, a U87 as the center mic – a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R.
As in all my soundsets for Alchemy I make extensive use of Alchemy’s complex modulation possibilities and filters, often intermodulating LFOs/MSEGs/Sequencers with each other and assigning numerous parameters to a single Controller. This enables the user to deeply interact with the sounds and shape it according to his needs and preferences. Also the patches can serve as a starting point for the user’s own creations when loading new samples into them and then using the pre-assigned Controllers and Snapshots in the Remix Pad.
The Vase for Alchemy is available to purchase for 11 EUR. Requires the full version of Alchemy.
More information: Patchpool / The Vase
Detunized has announced it is now offering Universal Formats of its sound libraries.
This new category offers sound libraries in several open formats that are easily accessible by numerous audio workstations and software samplers like Reason, Dimension, Kontakt, Halion, Alchemy, Directwave and many others. Each release contains either pure WAV files or preprogrammed patches that comply with the standards of SFZ, SXT, NKI, FXP and EXS formats.
Currently the following sound libraries are available in these formats:
- DTG012 – Forstrasse No. 8 (wav) – Field Recodings
- DTG027 – Just Water (wav) – Field Recodings
- DTG029 – Infinite (wav) – Textures
- DTG035 – City Traffic (wav) – Field Recodings
- DTG037 – Chropolis (sfz, nki, sxt, exs, fxp) – Hybrid Synthesizers
- DTG043 – Vox Populi 2 (sfz, nki, sxt, exs, fxp) – Analog Synthesizers
- DTG045 – Polite 800 (sfz, nki, sxt, exs, fxp) – Hybrid Synthesizers
- DTG047 – Computer Noises (wav) – Field Recodings
Universal Formats will be expanded weekly with further releases of analog and digital synthesizers, field recordings, pianos, textures, keys and more.
More information: Detunized / Universal Formats
, audio interface
, sample player
, sound design
Posted in news
on Apr 04, 2013 - 0 comments
SKYLIFE has announced the release of SampleRobot Single-X for Mac OS X.
With SampleRobot Single-X musicians and sound designers can create professional sample sets and transfer their instruments easily to the digital domain. One can also turn virtual instruments into multi-samples for hardware sample players and workstations.
SampleRobot Single-X offers a lot of sophisticated sampling and auto-loop features from his award-winning brother SampleRobot Pro. Single-X stands for „Single Export Format“ and is appropriate if using mostly one sampler type and therefore only one export format is needed.
These different export format options are available: Wave, Kontakt and Reason, Alchemy, Soundfont 2, Blofeld, HALion, WusikStation, SFZ / Dimension
For precise audio loop editing and advanced auto processing SampleRobot Single-X can be combined with SKYLIFE WaveRobot as an upgrade.
SampleRobot Single-X now includes installers for Apple OS X (Mountain Lion, Lion & Snow Leopard) as well as Microsoft Windows (8, 7, Vista & XP).
Changes in SampleRobot 4.51
- New SKYLIFE server connection for registration and online content.
- Mac: New installers for OS X fully compatible with OS 10.8, including a new framework with many optimizations and speed advantages, streamlined recording processes and path architecture, combined with enhanced support for various audio interfaces.
- PC: Enhanced support for Windows 8 including a new virtual interface. SampleRobot can be connected to the SKYLIFE SampleRobot Instrument Host which will be released shortly. In conjunction with the SKYLIFE SampleRobot Virtual Cable this virtual interface has the ability to sample virtual instruments and all audio streams that play on the same computer like web radio, music streams and other media data (abiding by relevant copyright laws and license agreements).
SKYLIFE SampleRobot Virtual Cable + Instrument Host is a discrete product that can be used in conjunction with SampleRobot as well as independently with other applications. The download will be available soon on the SKYLIFE STORE.
SampleRobot Single-X for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $59 USD / 49 EUR / £39 GBP. A bundle with WaveRobot costs $129 USD / 99 EUR / £85 GBP.
More information: SKYLIFE / SampleRobot Single-X
Camel Audio has announced it is offering a Buy One, Get One Free promotion on its sound libraries for the Alchemy instrument for Windows and Mac.
Are we sound of mind, or as mad as March Hares? Buy any Alchemy Sound Library and get another absolutely free till March 31! What’s more, Taste of Camel is included with all new orders.
Our libraries already offer great value starting at just 35 USD / 29 EUR / 25 GBP, but for the next three weeks you can choose any two libraries and you’ll get the equal or lower value one free. Simply add two or more libraries to your cart and the discount will automatically be applied. Now is the perfect opportunity to fill the gaps in your collection and make a sound investment for the future!
The sale ends March 31st, 2013.
More information: Camel Audio / Alchemy Sound Libraries
Camel Audio has announced version 1.55 of its Alchemy sample manipulation synthesizer for Windows and Mac, offering faster preset loading, faster scanning for new presets and other improvements and fixes.
Alchemy v1.55 is bundled with a 1000 presets (including a free sound library of your choice) and a massive 5.5GB of samples, yet remains a modest 249 USD / 199 EUR / 179 GBP for new users.
Changes in Alchemy v1.55
- Faster preset loading.
- Faster scan for new presets.
- Improved handling of preset comment text.
- Improved handling of AAZ files.
- Improved compatibility with the biolabs skin.
- Presets to buy now hidden by default.
- Improved Windows set up routines.
- Enabling remote control now prompts user to download Bonjour if not installed.
- Check the release notes for more information.
Alchemy is available to purchase for $249 USD / 199 EUR / £179 GBP. The v1.55 update is free for current Alchemy owners.
More information: Camel Audio / Alchemy
Camel Audio has released Taste of Camel, a tasty appetizer of presets chosen from Alchemy’s menu of Sound Libraries.
Consisting of five presets carefully chosen from each of 24 libraries, this comprehensive collection covers genres as diverse as Electronica and Ambient to Pop and Dubstep. All presets are fully tagged for the new browser in Alchemy Player v1.55, which is included for free.
The collection features 120 presets and 1GB of samples and multi-sampled SFZ instruments including synths, guitars, basses, sound effects, drum kits and loops.
Taste of Camel is free with any purchase from the Camel Audio website. It is also available separately for just 15 USD / 12 EUR /10 GBP and Camel Audio will give you an equal amount in credit toward a future purchase from their site.
More information: Camel Audio / Taste of Camel