UVI has announced the release of Darklight IIx, a sound library that is inspired by the Fairlight.
Costing upwards of $100,000, the dream machine of the 80’s was unattainable by most. Used by countless prominent artists including: Peter Gabriel, David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Kate Bush, Herbie Hancock, Thomas Dolby and many more, it remains a highly regarded and sought after instrument.
Nearly thirty years later, no one has accurately captured the essence of this digital monster. Today, UVI is proud to say all of that is about to change…
We took our obsession to the next level, creating a complete set of instruments, sounds and sonic tools deeply inspired by the original digital monster.
A unique, hybrid process of exhaustive multi-sampling, analysis, and advanced audio processing allowed us to not only capture the original character of this machine but to enhance its ability with a host of today’s most powerful analog modeled filters, LFOs, envelopes and effects–packaged beautifully in a old-school interface.
Darklight IIx features
- Page P > ‘Organic’ Digital Sounds
- Immediate access to hundreds of sounds and instruments including: Bass, Brass, Bells, Strings, Guitar, Orchestral Hits, Synth, Drums, Percussion, FX, Keys, Piano, Organs, Winds, Reeds and Voices.
- Efficient and versatile control set allows for everything from quick tweaks to deep sonic exploration.
- Accurate reproduction of aliasing characteristics.
- More than 250 ready-to-play presets.
- A multitude of effects, including the new UVI SparkVerb™, allow you to create sounds like the original machine and process them to sound like your favorite cult records from the 80′s or something totally new!
- Page B > Digital Drum Machine
- 80’s-style beatbox with step sequencer.
- 8 parts / 16 steps by part.
- Hundreds of authentic vintage drums and percussion sounds including: Bass Drums, Snare Drums, Rim Shots, Claps, Cymbals, Crash, Ride, Hi-Hats closed and open, Toms and tons of percussions like Shalers, Congas, Guiros, Maracas, Cowbells and many more.
- Dozens of kits and patterns ready to be tweaked.
- UVI Filter, Tune, Volume, Pan and Mute for each part.
- Page U > Creative Multi-Phraser
- UVI exclusive ultra creative multi-phraser.
- 3 parts with 3 layers and 3 smart step sequencers.
- Dozens of authentic vintage digital sounds including: Bass, Bells, Brass, Guitars, Keyboards, Mallets, Orchestral, Organs, Strings, Piano, Voices.
- Create very fast multi-track arrangements or moving drones.
- Dozens of presets ready to be tweaked.
The sound library for UVI Workstation 2 (free) or MachFive 3 is available to purchase for $199 USD. Requires iLok.