, samples and sound libraries
, sound fx
Posted in news
on Nov 15, 2010
Necromare has released some more free sample-based VST instruments for Windows.
What can I say I love building instruments. I think it’s part of being a composer, to finally make the sounds you need and want. I keep coming up with ideas for instruments and there seems to be no end. I already have 50 plus most in the testing stages. Looks like I will be releasing them well into next year.
New Necromare plug-ins
- The Panning Piano – Simple piano that automatically pans left and right slowly as you play. Good for filing out a mix. The last octave includes some piano screeches.
- Piano Harp – Imagine if you played the piano like a harp? What would it sound like? It would sound like this VST great sound for mystical or romantic moods. Included in the last octave are Gliss samples for effect.
- Simple Acoustic Guitar – Straight Foward guitar. Good for picking or sketch work.
- Soft Mallet Xylophone – The xylophone played with a soft mallet. Velocity sensitive over 4 octaves.
- Toys – Toy Piano, a small scale piano with a tiny sound + an electronic children’s piano with baby xylophones instrument.
- VL-1 Drum – Drum sounds from the Casio VL-1 keyboard/calculator.
- Zeboo Drum Kit – Acoustic drum kit, GM Mapped. The last octaves are samples of Zeboo himself!
- Lucivier – The keyboard produces a celesta like tone while pipes produce flute like sounds at the same time. The bottom octave and the last are the sounds produced by using the three pedals on the bottom.
- Kazoo – The only instrument you need little to no experience to play. So why not try a VST. It’s a bit harsh but fun to knock around with.
- Gamelan Music – Three Gamelan instruments: Reyong, Gangsa and Calung.
- Electric Bass – Simple Electric Bass, keys are velocity sensitive to give a short note on harder strikes. The upper octaves include a classic bass slide.
- Whale Song – Made from CC whale song files. Includes a whale purr, a trumpet, gentle underwater sound fx, and more.
- Sinsonic Drums – Like many old toys from the past some have actually been used by pros. Mattel Synsonic drums have been used by kraftwerk and others. This is a knock off the original pays tribute to our toys of a bygone era.
- Basement Piano – Most homes might have one of these lurking in there corner basement. An old upright that you may have learned to play piano on or liked to beat on. Either way this pleasant piano will convey a warm nostalgic sound for your next tune.
- Southern Banjo – For some there is nothing like the sound of a picked banjo. for others they can do without. This is an attempt to faithfully recreate the sound of a great instrument.
The Necromare instruments are available as freeware VST plug-ins for Windows PC.
More information: Necromare
, samples and sound libraries
, sound fx
, string instruments
Posted in news
on Oct 08, 2010
Zero-G and Xfonic have released Animato – String & Flute FX for Cinema, a 4.5Gb collection of 24bit cinematic audio inspiration.
Animato contains 3000 samples and 139 separate Kontakt instruments each with its own custom GUI created especially for this project.
Featuring world-class instrumentalists from the renowned Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Animato is a uniquely realistic, expressive and playable Orchestral Effects library. With a wide sonic range from chaotic, tense effects to beautiful undulating pads. Distant pianissimo sirens can shift seamlessly to fortissimo ungodly screeches all at the simple command of your Mod Wheel.
The 20th century saw the extreme sonic possibilities and expressive potential of classical instruments gradually become standard compositional tools of pioneering concert and film composers. Now at last, many of the best and most exciting possibilities are presented here in an easy to control format utilising the massive sonic capabilities of Kontakt enabling you to change microphone positions or ensemble size at the turn of a knob.
The unique depth and complexity of sound presented here is the product of many instrumentalists playing complex, changing parts together – a quality heard in full live orchestral performances but impossible to re-create using standard orchestral sample libraries, where stacking up many straight-played notes in a sequencer only results in a flat, straight-played sound.
This library is perfect for adding realistic strings and woodwind effects to soundtracks, TV programmes and games but it is also ideal for contemporary commercial producers looking for authentic live sounds that give their productions a leading edge.
Animato – String & Flute FX for Cinema is available to purchase on DVD (Acid™WAV/Kontakt) from Time+Space for £89.95 GBP / 109 EUR.
More information: Time+Space / Animato
Canira Music has announced a limited time offer for The Essence of Panflute, a sample library for HALion and Kontakt.
The Essence of Panflute in the electronic variant (download 3.5 GB) at the incredible price of 8.99 EUR only during 06 10 2010 – 31 01 2011! (HALion, Kontakt, Giga Studio and audio Wav 24 and 16 bit).
At its launch, The Essence of Panflute on DVD was distributed by the renowned German company Best Service at 67 EUR. The price is now normally 35 EUR.
The Essence of Panflute was honored with 5 stars by the magazine Sound on Sound, and 3 of the 43 instruments have been used by the prestigious collection Ethno World 5 – Marcel Barsotti, produced by Best Service, which is a great honor for us.
Canira is also offering Panflute Free as a free download for for HALion 3.5.593 and Kontakt 4.1.1 users.
More information: Canira Music
Orange Tree Samples has released MesaWinds, a collection of native American flute samples for Kontakt.
MesaWinds is an extensively-sampled collection of six Native American Flutes in a variety of different ranges. The library features a powerful scripting engine that gives these flutes unparalleled realism, and instant playability. This is acheived by intelligently interpreting MIDI data, whether you’re playing live from your MIDI keyboard or controlling it from your sequencer. We’ve also included controls to customize the built-in environments to change the tone of the flutes. The mapping is also completely dynamic, allowing you to move the articulation keyswitches to whichever keys are most convenient for you.
- Over 3.6 GB of 96 kHz, 24-bit samples.
- Up to 4x round-robin.
- Multiple velocity layers.
- Vibrato and non-vibrato samples.
- Realistic legato between notes.
- Fluttertonguing, fall releases, grace notes, and more.
MesaWinds for Kontakt 2-4 (full retail version) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $149 USD until October 31, 2010 (regular $199 USD).
More information: Orange Tree Samples / MesaWinds
, electric piano
, Jayzen Sound
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 20, 2010
Jayzen Sound has announced a sale for its Legacy GOLD Collector’s Edition Sound Libraries.
Jayzen Sound Legacy GOLD Collector’s Edition
Legacy GOLD Collector’s Edition
- jBass, 6 essential deep bass styles (acoustic upright, electric bass, sub bass), 302 MB Soundfont + WAV. Now $19.95 USD (regular $29.95 USD).
- jBeat, 6 unique drum & fx kits (processed kicks, snares, hi-hat, & cymbals, ethnic maracas (with Acid Loop Set), dual 3′ congas, and steel percussion effects library), 100 MB Soundfont + WAV. Now $9.95 USD (regular $19.95 USD).
- jBrass, 6 jazz instruments (pop brass section with flute & electric piano), 382 MB Soundfont + WAV. Now $19.95 USD (regular $29.95 USD).
- jDrone, 7 individual drone libraries based on elemental symbols, each containing 13 unique drone tones tuned to standard Western pitches to allow their use with existing music, solo instruments, and vocals. Now $29.95 USD (regular $59.95 USD).
More information: Jayzen Sound
Sounds And Effects has announced the release of Ocarinas and Clay Flutes, a sample library for Kontakt and Reason including the haunting sounds of the native American flutes of north and central America.
Sounds And Effects presents Ocarinas and Clay Flutes which includes native clay flutes and ocarinas of the Americas, played so that it’s easy to create sweet or sorrowful or strange and haunting melodic lines, breathy, wailing overblown screeches, weird nose blown flute tones, or odd microtonal trills and bird calls.
Ocarinas and Clay Flutes features
- Four different clay flutes and three ocarinas, played so that they create sweet or sorrowful, straight simple notes, or vibrato, wild calls, screeches, tonal or microtonal trills, or fanciful bird calls.
- The samples are presented with lots of velocity switches, or mod wheel controller fades, so that a straight note can easily become a 1/2 step breathy slide up or down, a nasty screech, a wild haunting trill, or fade into fully overblown.
- 200 MB content, 24bit/44.1kHz.
- 35 Combinator presets and 198 NN-XT presets for Reason.
- 4 Banks and 186 Presets for Kontakt.
Ocarinas and Clay Flutes is available to purchase for $49.95 USD.
More information: Sounds And Effects
Audio Genetics Lab has released Native Flute, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The sounds were captured at a sampling rate of 96kHz to allow for the highest detail and flexibility when modifying the natural code into the mutation performances. This high sampling rate also allows for higher quality pitch adjustments when a user wants to incorporate the effect samples into their own compositions and research by stretching the tuning to an appropriate key.
Native Flute features
- 31 patches for Kontakt 3.5 and higher, raw sounds and effects & mutation sounds.
- Originally sampled at 96kHz-24bit.
- All raw samples are accessible for further manipulation and editing if desired.
- 440MB uncompressed, 400MB download.
- All original samples are recorded completely dry with no reverb or FX. Mix freely how YOU want.
- All mutations derived entirely from acoustic flute source material.
- Free Bonus: Ocarina FX through September 1, 2010.
Native Flute for Kontakt (not compatible with the free Kontakt player) is available to purchase as an instant download for $15 USD.
More information: Audio Genetics Lab / Native Flute
HV Synth Design has announced the release of Total Flute, a collection of three new wind instrument plug-ins for Windows.
Total Flute features three very realistic sounding VSTi’s: a piccolo, a standard/alto/bass flute, and a (Contra)Bass flute. So there are two bass flutes (one more dark, one more bright).
Total Flute features
- Breath Pressure: via MIDI Learn you can choose the controller you want to use for breath pressure.
- Breath/bore noise (MIDI Learn).
- Amount of the noise + the ‘color’.
- Vibrato (aftertouch or MIDI Learn).
- Flutter tongue (MIDI Learn).
- Pitch Bend (in flute parlando it is called lip bending: when you go up, the tone becomes louder, when you go down, to tone becomes softer).
- The standard/alto/bass and piccolo flute have also a parameter for dynamic instability (when a flutist plays long notes, it is hard to keep the tone stable).
Total Flute is available for Windows PC (VST), priced at $99 USD. A trial version (the standard/alto/bass flute) is available to download from the HV Synth Design website.
More information: HV Synth Design / Total Flute