Related: audio interface
, Expert Sleepers
Posted in news
on Jan 21, 2014 - 0 comments
Expert Sleepers has announced the release of three new Eurorack synth modules.
The Expert Sleepers range of modules (including the ES-3 Lightpipe/CV Interface, offering ADAT connectivity instead of the ES-40′s S/PDIF) offers a highly configurable range of computer/synthesizer interfacing solutions, supported not only by Expert Sleepers own Silent Way software but increasingly used in conjunction with e.g. Max/MSP or NI’s Reaktor.
Because the modules connect over an audio interface, rather than say USB or Ethernet, they are able to offer rock solid timing and deep integration with standard audio environments.
New Expert Sleepers Eurorack modules
- The ES-40 SPDIF Interface (£94.80) converts a standard S/PDIF input to five channels of expansion headers, which are used in conjunction with the Expert Sleepers ESX range of expanders.
- The ESX-8CV CV Expander (£130.80) is an expansion module for the ES-4, ES-40 or ES-5, adding eight CV outputs from one expansion header.
- The ESX-8GT mk2 Gate Expander (£54) is an expansion module for the ES-4, ES-40 or ES-5, adding 8 on/off outputs for use as gates, triggers, clocks etc. from one expansion header.
All modules are available to purchase immediately.
More information: Expert Sleepers
SPC Plugins has released version 3.0 of its Gater-Pro advanced stereo trance gate effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Gater-Pro v3.0
- New ‘Stretch’ gate mode.
- Increased to 50 programs with 18 new presets.
- Improved, larger display with dynamic updating.
- ‘All Ties On’ button.
The effect plug-in (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $39 USD. The upgrade is free to existing Gater-Pro owners.
More information: SPC Plugins / Gater-Pro
, channel strip
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Universal Audio
Posted in news
on Oct 11, 2013 - 0 comments
Universal Audio has announced the release of API Vision Channel Strip, an effect plug-in for the UAD platform and Apollo.
For over 40 years, API mixing consoles have become synonymous for audio excellence and multi-platinum recordings. From the Foo Fighters to Fleetwood Mac’s classic Rumours, API mixing desks are legendary for their colorful punch and warm analog detail. Now Universal Audio is pleased to release the API Vision Channel Strip Plug-In for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo audio interfaces.
Featuring five API modules — the 212L Microphone Preamplifier, 215L High/Low Cut Filters, 235L Gate/Expander, 225L Compressor/Limiter, and 550L 4-Band Equalizer — the API Vision Channel Strip plug-in allows owners of Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware to impart their tracks with the same focus, punch, and harmonic detail as its high-end hardware counterpart.
API Vision Channel Strip features
- Faithful channel strip emulation from API’s flagship Vision analog console.
- Comprised of five distinct modules: 212L Mic Preamp, 215L High/Low Cut Filters, 235L Gate/Expander, 225L Compressor/Limiter, and 550L 4-Band Equalizer.
- Models custom 2520 API op-amp and transformers with circuit nonlinearities.
- Allows recording in real time via Apollo interfaces (sub-2ms latency) and/or mixing workflows via UAD-2 hardware.
- More than 70 artist presets from Joe Chiccarelli, Neil Dorfsman, David Isaac, Nathaniel Kunkel and John Paterno.
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card, available from authorized dealers worldwide.
API Vision Channel Strip is available for purchase for $299 USD.
More information: Universal Audio / API Vision Channel Strip
Tek’it Audio has released version 2.1.1 of the Kutter sequenced frequency cutter plug-in for Windows.
Using Kutter the user can cut frequencies on 12 bands easily and breathe life into your sound using the step modulation sequencer to create trance gate effects, fading effects, chop your drums and a lot more with high precision.
Changes in Kutter v2.1.1
- BUG Beat clickable zone is too small, fixed.
- Improve overall performances.
- Unneeded plug-in parameters removed.
- Some little improvements on the GUI.
Kutter 2 for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 15 EUR / $20 USD until October 6, 2013 (regular 29 EUR / $39 USD).
More information: Tek’it Audio / Kutter
Tek’it Audio has announced its Autumn Sale, offering the Kutter 2 and GattR effect plug-ins for Windows at a 50% discount for 2 weeks only.
For a limited time get Kutter 2 and GattR for only €15/$20 each.
Kutter 2 is a sequenced frequency cutter effect and GattR is a sequenced stereo gate effect that help you create cutting edge stereo gate, chop, fade effects… synchronized on the beat of your DAW.
Create trance gate effect, fading effect, chop your drums and a lot more.
This offer only lasts through October 6, so don’t wait, get it today!
More information: Tek’it Audio / Autumn Sale
Sunsine Audio has released Effectus, a collection of 4 stereo effects for Audulus.
Effectus contains 4 stereo effects ready for standalone or Audiobus use.
- Shifter – Shifter contains a pitch shift section as well as a ring mod section. Both can be used independently or mixed together as well as mixed with the original signal. This is the free demo instrument.
- Binary (Chop) and Binary (Ring) – Binary is an amplitude modulator or gate device, and comes in two flavors. Binary (Chop) allows exploration of slower speed stereo gating effects while Binary (Ring) brings the amplitude modulation into the audio range, producing ring modulation effects with a different tone than the “traditional” ring modulation in Shifter produces.
- Mothra – Mothra is a sequenced and filtered reverb. Each input is individually fed through a network of distortion devices, simple low pass filters, and reverbs which are then delivered to a 16 step sequencer providing strange stereo and resonant spaces which can be “stepped” through.
- Time Gap – Time Gap is a filtered stereo delay with cross feed between the left and right channels. A simple high pass filter is followed by three delay units with two resonant low pass filters placed between them, delays can be cross fed at two points in the signal chain.
Effectus for Audulus costs $3.99 USD.
More information: Sunsine Audio / Effectus
, Audio Damage
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jun 04, 2013 - 0 comments
Audio Damage has announced the release of Mangleverb, a new multi effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
What happens when you combine a thick reverb, a filter, an envelope follower, an LFO, and a VCA? We wanted to know. The results are surprisingly useful. Mangleverb can be used as a filter, reverb, transient shaper, rhythmic gate, LPF gate, tempo-synced VCA, and any combination thereof. It is, for all intents and purposes, a Swiss Army Knife, for both wild sonic destruction and more utilitarian production work.
Mangleverb is audio damage’s newest multi-effect plug-in for sonic troublemakers.
- Simple-to-use algorithmic reverb that can be either pre- or post-filter/VCA.
- A monster resonant filter model with lowpass, bandpass, and highpass modes, and a drive circuit for gritty distortion.
- Sophisticated tempo-synced LFO with waveshaper to create all common (and some uncommon) modulation shapes.
- Envelope follower with internal, LFO, sidechain input, and MIDI trigger modes.
- Feedback path and modulated VCA for final signal taming.
Mangleverb for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: Audio Damage / Mangleverb