XILS-lab has updated its Oxium software synthesizer to version 1.5, a free major update that brings new features, ergonomic enhancements, a slight revamp of the GUI, a new ICE skin (depending on the Group Buy), some new presets and AAX support for Pro Tools.
Changes in Oxium v1.5
- Modulation Targets: More than 10 new modulation targets have been implemented. possible.
- Masks Envelopes: The Masks have their own simple envelopes, and the segments of these envelopes have been added as modulation targets as well.
- New Masks Handling Functions: You can now perform MultiSelection and MultiEdition of the Masks, as well as any complex selections of continuous or discontinuous Masks, to edit them simultaneously.
- Improved Masks Locator handling: enhanced behavior of the Mask Locators.
- Ergonomic and GUI: Oxium GUI has been slightly modified.
- New Presets: More than 50 new presets have been added to the Factory Library.
- AAX compatible: Oxium is ready for PT10 and PT11 new AAX format.
To celebrate the release of Oxium 1.5 XILS-Lab is running a “Mini GroupBuy“, offering the opportunity to get a 10% discount and additional skin & soundbanks for Oxium. The group buy ends May 10th, 2013.
More information: XILS-lab / Oxium
KVR user ENV1 has released Saturn XI, a skin for the Atlantis software synthesizer by Jeremy Evers.
Cobbled together a new (less experimental) UI for Atlantis which i think might be worth sharing.
ENV1′s new skin for the Atlantis software synth, one of my favorite freeware plugins.
The Saturn XI skin is available to download at no cost. Recommended minimum resolution is 1920×1200/1080.
Get the freeware Atlantis synth plug-in for Windows at Jeremy Evers’ website here.
More information: Saturn XI
, GUI and skins
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Mar 22, 2012 - 1 comment
Amazona.de has released version 2.0 of Tyrell N6 by u-he, the free virtual analog synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
Selbstbewusst gibt sich der TYRELL NEXUS SECHS 2.0 in einem vollkommen neuen Layout, welches der Bassist Marcus Steinlechner entworfen hat. Schwarze Flächen, eingefasst in gebürstetem Metall, leuchtend blaue Schriftzüge und ein Swimming-Pool-farbenes Display geben sich zwar kühl, aber der Sound ist genau das Gegenteil.
Neu hinzugekommen ist der analoge Chorus, der dem breiten, warmen Chorus eines Roland Juno-60 nachempfunden wurde. Vor allem sind es aber die subtilen klanglichen Verbesserungen, die den TYRELL N6 2.0 noch analoger und damit realistischer klingen lassen.
Tyrell N6 2.0 has a new layout and GUI, a Roland Juno-60 type analog chorus effect, and some subtle improvements to the sound.
nBeat has updated the “80′s skin” for Tyrell N6 to suit the new version 2.0.
nBeat’s beautiful 80′s skin for Tyrell N6
Tyrell N6 v2.0 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to download as freeware from the Amazona.de website. The nBeat skin is available to download here.
More information: Amazona.de / u-he
CFA-Sound has released SilverBox, a bundle of two soundsets and a custom skin for u-he ACE.
The SilverBox is a free package, containing the CableBass, CableDrum soundsets and the SilverACE skin.
CableBass is a small soundset contains 32 bass-sounds for minimal, electro & tech-house. Evolving subs, percussive basses or raw and wild drifting electro basses.
CableDrum is mainly aligned on minimal and tech-house. It contains knocking drums & percussion, raw basses, a few exoctic groove-sequences and silky but also scruffy synthsounds.
SilverBox for ACE is available to download at no cost.
More information: CFA-Sound / ACE
Limeflavour has released two new skins for Oatmeal, a virtual synthesizer instrument by Fuzzpilz.
Legacy skins for Oatmeal
The first skin is the Tron Legacy inspired skin built by Derek Halpenny, with small assistance from me.
The second skin is a lighter variant of the Tron skin, desaturated and brightened to suit my taste. This skin is all done by me.
Both skins (for Oatmeal r38-1) are available as a free download from the Limeflavour website.
More information: Limeflavour
Blue Cat Audio has released some new skins for Stereo Chorus, a free chorus effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Many thanks to satYatunes who has sent us a set of beautiful new free skins for Blue Cat’s Stereo Chorus.
You have the choice between a “Black Beauty” and a “Metal Beauty” to create the sounds of your dreams.
The two skins are available as a free download.
More information: Blue Cat Audio / Stereo Chorus
, GUI and skins
, open source
Posted in news
on Oct 11, 2010 - 0 comments
Mixxx, the free, open source software for performing live DJ mixes, was updated to version 1.8.0.
Developed by a diverse community of DJs, Mixxx is a complete replacement for a conventional “turntables and mixer” DJ setup, and is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
“Deere” skin, new in Mixxx 1.8.0
Changes since Mixxx v1.7.2
- Loop-in, Loop-out, and Reloop/Exit buttons added to our main skins.
- Loop point indicators on main waveforms and waveform summary displays.
- Hot cues
- Most of our skins gained 4 hot cue buttons, and Mixxx now internally supports up to 32 hot cues per deck.
- A brand new database-powered library, with:
- iTunes library and playlists access (Windows and Mac OS X)
- Rhythmbox library and playlists access (Linux)
- A brand new, faster library scanner
- A simple Auto DJ mode, which crossfades to the next track in the Auto DJ queue.
- Analyze view, which allows you to run bulk BPM detection on your songs
- Featured Artists bundle (Windows and Mac OS X)
- Revamped Song Properties dialog
- Re-arrangeable, hide-able columns
- Tons of new artwork:
- New Deere, Shade, Phoney, and LateNight skins
- Better descriptions in tooltips and snazzy new look
- New PortMidi-based MIDI device backend, supports using multiple devices at once
- Timers in the MIDI scripting engine
- New MIDI mappings:
- Hercules DJ Control e2
- DJ TechTools MIDI Fighter
- Reloop Digital Jockey2
- Updated MIDI mappings:
- Hercules DJ Control MP3, RMX, MK2
- Stanton SCS.3d, SCS.3m
- M-Audio Xponent
- Behringer BCD3000
- Vestax VCI-100
- MixMan DM2
- Other stuff:
- A massive rewrite of our internal mixing engine
- More intelligent disk access to help optimize audio latency
- Optimized waveform rendering at 30 fps
- Ramping pitch-bend option, smoothly applies temporary pitch adjustment for nudging
- Import comment tags from MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and FLAC/WAV metadata.
- New library and preferences icons
- Improvements to UTF-8 handling
- Over 50 bug fixes and more!
More information: Mixxx