Puremagnetik has released Onda, an expressive collection of instruments created by cross synthesizing various materials and resonanting bodies.
What if you could pluck a water bottle? Or blow through a church bell as a flute? Brush a harp made out of steel guitar strings? This experimental collection of sounds was created with these concepts in mind.
Using a Symbolic Sound Kyma System, Puremagnetik developers analyzed a collection of resonating bodies as struck, plucked and banged with sticks, bricks, brushes and more. Employing Kyma’s advanced spectral processing features, these six new hybrid instruments bring lifelike physical models of completely fictitious instruments right to your sampler. In addition, Onda comes packed with over 40 professionally performed Live Clips and SIAL Apple Loops.
All Onda instruments were created using the Harm Visser Kyma Physical Modeling Toolkit (http://www.hvsynthdesign.com/kymax.php)
- 6 Multisampled programs, each with expressive velocity layering.
- High Quality 24 bit samples.
- Advanced Ableton Live Macro Controls.
- AET filtering and morphing for Kontakt to create unlimited sound variations.
- Over 40 Live Clips and SIAL Apple Loops.
- Requires Ableton Live 8.2.1, Kontakt 4.2 or Logic 8.
Onda is now available to download for Puremagnetik subscribers.
More information: Puremagnetik / Onda
HV Synth Design has announced the release of Total Trumpet, a virtual trumpet instrument for Windows PC.
Total Trumpet features very realistic trumpet sounds. What’s more: you can tweak the sounds in a way that they come close to Miles Davis and Chest Baker. Futher more I have implemented a mute section, a wah-wah section and a section where you can choose up to 4 voices + a knob for stereo spread.
Total Trumpet features
- Breath Pressure: via midilearn you can choose the CC you prefer. Here you can also set a threshold for more or less breath pressure.
- Attack for ‘blowing’ explosive attacks.
- Player Lips. Sometimes the lips are audible, a kind of short thrill. There are two knobs: Amount (midilearn) and duration of the lip thrill.
- Instability (long notes have always some instability).
- Attack noise: this also causes some instability when you play long notes.
- Flutter Tongue – this is done with a rapid up and down movement of the tongue (midilearn).
- Portamento : you can choose between midilearn and velocity.
- Timbre: you can select two timbres or the Harmon mute.
- Note-to-note transition. When the note-to-note transition is audible (legato), then this is also imperfect playing, Pressing a piston, when another one is not released in time.
- Damping: with this knob you can alter the bore structure, and so alter the timbre (midilearn).
- 4 stage EQ.
- Harmonics. With this knob you can add lots of extra harmonics.
- Pitch and amplitude vibrato via aftertouch or midilearn.
- Overblowing has to be done with the Pitch Wheel. Overblowing a trumpet while you start on a C, than you hear always the harmonic serie C E G Bb (C) But when you alter the bore (Damping), you get other series and effects.
- Muting (Mute1 and Mute2), and midi learn for creating ‘moving’ mutes.
- Stem for making the famous wah-wah effect on the Harmon mute.
- Voices. Here here you can select the number of voices. There is also a knob for stereo spread.
Total Trumpet is available to purchase as a VST instrument for Windows PC for $79 USD.
More information: HV Synth Design / Total Trumpet
HV Synth Design has announced the release of Total Flute, a collection of three new wind instrument plug-ins for Windows.
Total Flute features three very realistic sounding VSTi’s: a piccolo, a standard/alto/bass flute, and a (Contra)Bass flute. So there are two bass flutes (one more dark, one more bright).
Total Flute features
- Breath Pressure: via MIDI Learn you can choose the controller you want to use for breath pressure.
- Breath/bore noise (MIDI Learn).
- Amount of the noise + the ‘color’.
- Vibrato (aftertouch or MIDI Learn).
- Flutter tongue (MIDI Learn).
- Pitch Bend (in flute parlando it is called lip bending: when you go up, the tone becomes louder, when you go down, to tone becomes softer).
- The standard/alto/bass and piccolo flute have also a parameter for dynamic instability (when a flutist plays long notes, it is hard to keep the tone stable).
Total Flute is available for Windows PC (VST), priced at $99 USD. A trial version (the standard/alto/bass flute) is available to download from the HV Synth Design website.
More information: HV Synth Design / Total Flute
HV Synth Design has launched a new website for Total Brass, a VST instrument dedicated to acoustic modeled brass instruments, based on a self developed modeling method called Eclectic Acoustic Synthesis (EAS).
I am proud to release the first Brass plug-in that features low and high brass instruments, from contrabass trombone to piccolo trumpet, from f-horn to a Dizzy Gillispie like jazz trumpet, without any compromise at the sound quality. Not only that: you have also totally control over the most important brass aspects: Attack (mouth piece), player lips, you can even select a bore type: narrow/width.
Total Brass features
- Breath Pressure, choose between Modulation Wheel and Breath Controller (you can also set a threshold for more or less breath pressure).
- Attack for ‘blowing’ explosive attacks.
- Player Lips, amount (midi learn) and duration (kind of a short thrill, jazz players often use this to get a more aggressive tone).
- Instability (long tones always have some instability).
- Breath noise (midi learn).
- Flutter Tongue – this is done with a rapid up and down movement of the tongue (midi learn).
- Portamento : choose between midi learn and velocity.
- Pistons or slide (selectable).
- Width Bore, Narrow Bore and Harmon mute (selectable).
- Note-to-note transition, pressing a piston, when another one is not released in time.
- Damping: alter the bore structure/timbre (midi learn).
- 4 stage EQ.
- Low Brass (loudness), add extra harmonics and thus the loudness for low bass instruments.
- Tuning control.
- Pitch and amplitude vibrato via aftertouch or midi learn.
- Volume control.
- Overblowing with the Pitch Wheel.
Total Brass is available as a VST instrument for Windows PC for 139 EUR (ex. VAT). A demo version can be downloaded from the product page.
Visit the Total Brass website for more information and audio demos.
HV Synth Design has released the SaxCollection, an acoustic modeled instrument featuring a Soprano, Alto, Tenor and Bariton Sax.
The instruments are based on a unique modeling method, called Eclectic Acoustic Synthesis (EAS), created with SynthMaker.
- Very realistic Sax sounds.
- Like real Saxes, you can ‘blow’ the models from very soft to very loud with an increment of brightness (the high frequencies become more and more prominent). This is done via modulation wheel or a breath controller.
- Low CPU load: about 8.6% on a moderate PC.
- Breath Pressure: ModWheel or Breath Controller.
- Breath Envelope.
- Breath noise.
- 4 stage EQ.
- Fine tuning.
The SaxCollection is available as a VST instrument for Windows and Standalone, and costs $179 USD.
Visit HV Synth Design for more information.