, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Nov 23, 2010
Aciddose at PresetExchange.com has released an updated version of its collection of Xhip effect plug-ins for Windows.
these effect plugins were originally created for use with xhip.
xhip was to have embedded effects, but it was decided that external plugins would be more versatile and easier to manage when used for other tasks.
One of the additions to the collection of effects: Limiter
Changes in Xhip effect plug-in collection
- Three new effects: reverb, quantizer and limiter.
- New knob graphics, caching of bitmaps (allowing better, bigger bitmaps) and some optimization.
- The code for the vu meters has been improved – it will now catch peak values more accurately and an rms mode is available – although rms mode is not yet configurable on the gui.
- The phaser has been improved – tuning is improved as well as other small changes. it should sound more “stable” now.
- The compressor has had a “gain reduction” meter added.
The Xhip VST effect plug-ins for Windows are available to download separately (clipper, compressor, gate, limiter, mdelay, phaser, quantizer, reverb, ringmod, tremolo), and bundled in a pack.
More information: Xhip
Related: analyser and monitor
, Audio Ease
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Nov 02, 2010
Audio Ease has released updates for Rocket Science and Nautilus, two effect plug-in bundles for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Rocket Science v3.5.9 / Nautilus v2.5.9:
- This update fixes graphic issues in the VST version.
- Improved authorization.
- Fixes an issue with higher sample rates (> 96kHz).
- Fixes a performance problem with denormalized numbers.
More information: Audio Ease / Nautilus / Rocket Science
xoxos has released the Effects Suite 2010, a bundle of effect plug-ins for Windows.
This bundle is an assortment of standard audio VST effects.. delays, a reverb, filter.. produced for various reasons. The reverb is intended to be a cpu-economising solution for when Ambience VST is too much.. a modulation delay and multiband equaliser provide oversampling for my own applications.. a modulated filter plugin I’ve been using for years.. a filtered static delay that crossfades between stereo and ping pong settings, and a phaser just for the experience of coding a phaser..
Perhaps one or two of these effects may be appealing to most users. For the sake of enterprise I’ve bundled the lot of them at a current price of $10. Why anyone would pay for basic effects is beyond me, however should you choose to purchase the bundle, you’ll find an extra “fun surprise” effect included – the happy meal, or sugary breakfast cereal of consumable VST effects packages.
The xoxos Effects Suite 2010 bundle is available to purchase for Windows PC (VST), priced at $10 USD.
More information: xoxos
Soundhack has released +phasor, a free phaser shifter effect for Mac.
Tom Erbe writes:
not a big deal – but i wrote a little phase shifter last year, and thought it would be nice to share it. it is only vst macintosh now. once i port it to au/rtas/vst mac/win i’ll probably add it to one of my freeware bundles.
Soundhack +phasor is available as a free download for Mac (VST) here.
More information: Soundhack
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
, public beta
, Roger Linn
Posted in news
on Oct 13, 2010
Roger Linn Design has released Windows Version 2.0.3 Beta 6 of AdrenaLinn Sync V2, an effect plug-in that transforms your input signal into dramatic rhythmic patterns of filtered, resonated, chopped, pulsed, spiked, sequenced, looped, delayed and otherwise manipulated tones.
AdrenaLinn Sync is a software plug-in from Roger Linn Design that provides the same unique beat-synced filter modulation and sequencing effects of our AdrenaLinn III guitar pedal, plus quite a bit more. Though intended for guitar, it adds fascinating rhythmic tonal effects to any instrument or processed audio.
Roger Linn Design AdrenaLinn Sync V2
AdrenaLinn Sync v2 for Windows is a 32-bit plug-in that works in both VST and RTAS formats in Windows XP, Vista and 7. If running on 64-bit Windows XP, Vista or 7, you’ll need to use the 32-bit bridge feature that exists in most 64-bit host DAWs.
More information: Roger Linn Design / AdrenaLinn Sync V2
Empress Effects has announced the Empress Effects Phaser, a phaser effect pedal featuring an all-analog signal path controlled by a microprocessor, allowing it to maintain all its character and analog flavor while adding a ton of possibilities for control and adaptability.
Redefining the phaser effect from the ground up, Empress Effects has created a phaser unlike anything else on the market.
Employing a unique VCA based design, the Empress Phaser offers unparalleled signal-to-noise ratio. Choose between 2 stage, 4 stage or an Empress exclusive 3 stage mode; all controllable via tap tempo sweeping through an impressive set of 8 waveforms.
Empress Effects Phaser features
- Killer Sound Quality – The Signal to Noise ratio is around 104 dB.
- 8 Auto modes – Envelope follower, center & speed, speed(sine), speed(square), audio sweep trigger, random level trigger, rhythms and direct control
- Tap Tempo with Ratios – Use tap tempo to set the phasers speed; the ratio selection makes fast tempos and triplet based phase times easy.
- 2 / 3 / 4 Stages – Select 2, 4 or, an empress exclusive, 3 stages
- 5 Rhythms – Rhythms let your phaser boldly go where no phaser has gone before
- Ultimate Control – Control over width, speed, resonance, waveform, and number of stages.
- 8 Waveforms – Phase through sine, triangle, asymmetric sine, swung sine, sawtooth, reverse sawtooh, square and step waveforms.
- True Bypass – The Empress Phaser employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it’s not affecting the signal when disengaged.
- Gain – Set the output gain of the phaser to match your bypassed signal or use up to 6dB of boost to really drive your preamp
- Small Size – The enclosure measures approximately 4.5″ by 3.5″ by 1.5″, which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
- Unsurpassed Connectivity – The Universal Control Port allows you to connect an expression pedal, external tap switch, control voltage, external audio input and MIDI all using a standard 1/4″ jack!
- True Display LEDs – Extremely responsive LEDs always let you know what the phaser is doing and help you adjust the sensitivity in the auto modes.
- 45 Day Money Back Guarantee – If for any reason the Phaser isn’t for you, send it back within 45 days for a refund. Read our Guarantee for more details.
- Four Year Warranty – The Empress Superdelay comes with a two-year warranty. Read our Warranty for details. You can extend the warranty to 4 years by simply registering online.
- Great Value – The Empress Phaser is the last phaser you’ll ever have to buy. It does everything a phaser can do and more!
- The Empress Phaser runs on standard 9V negative tip DC power, but can safely accept up to 18V. It draws about 120mA.
The Empress Effects Phaser will be available to purchase on 14 October, priced at $349 USD.
More information: Empress Effects / Phaser