ArtsAcoustic has released BigRock, an authentic, accurately modeled emulation of the legendary Electro-Harmonix Small Stone, a phase shifting stomp box, of which its first revision was released in 1974.
However, being in 2010, we´ve of course overcome most of the limitations of the original and equipped the BigRock with the necessary features in an special advanced mode.
- Easy to use.
- Authentic sound.
- Very low CPU usage.
- Full stereo.
- Host sync in phase.
- Sync phase adjustment.
- Stereo L/R offset.
- Add. filter section.
- Continuous color adjustment.
- Dry/wet mix.
- Amount adjustment.
- Center frequency adjustment.
- Fully automatable.
ArtsAcoustic BigRock is available to purchase as an effect plug-in for PC and Mac (VST/AU), priced at 79 EUR / $89 USD.
More information: ArtsAcoustic / BigRock
NUSofting has released version 1.2 of Strings Dream, a virtual string machine synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Strings Dream is able to reproduce the infinite array of rich, analog pads from the most famous string machines in synthesizer history. Emulate the classic Eminent Solina as well as its sister keyboards from Elka, Crumar and even their Japanese cousins.
Changes in Strings Dream v1.2
- New “saturable” Phaser and Reverb. This means that you can overdrive the FXs by setting the voices volume very high (for that reason the default bank has been updated, simply lowered the main volume in each preset).
- Amount of presets is currently 45.
- Fixed: extra unwanted noises removed.
Strings Dream is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for $45 USD / 32 EUR.
The 1.2 update is currently available for Windows, a Mac version will follow in a few days.
More information: NUSofting / Strings Dream
Blue Cat Audio has released updates for virtual control surface Remote Control and Stereo Phaser, a phaser effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
64-bit and Pro Tools versions of Blue Cat’s Remote Control and Stereo Phaser plug-ins have just been released. All our plug-ins are now available for Pro Tools and 64-bit platforms!
These new versions also include a couple of enhancements and fixes for other platforms.
Changes in Remote Control v2.3 / Stereo Phaser v2.5
- RTAS plugin format support for Pro Tools (Mac and Windows).
- 64-bit applications support for Windows DX and VST under Windows x64.
- Mac AU 64-bit format support (compatible with 64-bit Logic 9.1 on Snow Leopard)
- Space bar does not trigger plug-in buttons anymore (avoids conflict with transport control in most applications).
- Demo version now displays a nag screen only once per session, and only when opening the user interface of the plug-in.
- Fixed MIDI learn issues.
- Performance inprovements (processing and user interface).
- Mac: fixed user interface crashes in some hosts under Snow Leopard.
- Mac: fixed keyboard/mouse focus issues in some hosts.
- Mac: fixed multiple screens issue.
- Mac-AU: fixed user interface resizing issue when changing skin in some hosts (Logic).
- Mac-AU: fixed settings lost issue when doing offline rendering in some applications.
- Mac AU: output parameters routing now works for more than one instance in Logic Pro’s Environment.
- Mac AU: fixed output parameters that could exceed defined range and not record properly as automation curves.
Blue Cat Remote Control is available to purchase for 39 EUR / $59 USD, Stereo Phaser is 29 EUR / $39 USD (VST/DX/AU/RTAS).
More information: Blue Cat Audio
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
, Max for Live
, Roger Linn
Posted in news
on May 31, 2010 - 2 comments
Roger Linn Design has released version 2.0 (beta) of AdrenaLinn Sync, a software plug-in that provides the same unique beat-synced filter modulation and sequencing effects of the AdrenaLinn III guitar pedal, plus quite a bit more.
Though intended for guitar, it adds fascinating tonal effects to any instrument or processed audio. First released in October of 2009, we listened to your feedback and are now releasing AdrenaLinn Sync Version 2, a dramatic improvement over the original. And it’s free to all purchasers of the original version.
Changes in AdrenaLinn Sync v2
- Warm, punchy and faithful emulations of analog lowpass, bandpass and hipass filters, as well as superb analog phasor and flanger emulations. The flanger is excellent at tuned resonances and the phasor can provide beautiful clangorous tones when highly resonant, for presets like Toy Piano and Steel Drum Ensemble.
- 3D rendered user interface, mimics the controls and textures of the AdrenaLinn III pedal. Highly functional control layout clearly shows audio and modulation paths.
- 100 new presets, optimized for the new V2 filters, and now able to be selected or saved from the plug-in’s panel. 28 empty preset slots are also included for saving your own presets.
- Stereo Beat-Synced Delay up to 32 Seconds / 8 Bars — Play 8 bars of accompaniment, then listen to it while playing 8 bars of solo, then listen to that solo while adding another 8 bars of chords, and so on. With Feedback at full, it loops indefinitely.
- Limiter improved for faster attack and greater transparency — Levels out resonant filter peaks and also adds sustain, providing longer chords and notes for the rhythmic effects to chop and slice.
- Unlike the original version, version 2 no longer uses Cycling 74′s Pluggo technology. This means that unlike the original AdrenaLinn Sync release, version 2 works fine in Cubase and also in Live 8 when Max For Live is installed.
AdrenaLinn Sync is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU, RTAS coming), priced at $99 USD. Version 2 is available to download as a 21-day beta/demo version, final release scheduled for early June.
More information: Roger Linn Design / AdrenaLinn Sync
, bit crusher
, d16 group
, distortion and overdrive
, drum machine
, effect plugins
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on May 25, 2010 - 0 comments
D16 Group has announced time limited offers for its complete plug-in collection Total Bundle and Nithonat, a drum synthesizer plug-in for PC and Mac.
You can get now Total Bundle only for 399 Eur. This is time limited offer and ends May 31st, 2010. Get your bundle!
Now Nithonat is available for the exceptionally low price of 39 Eur instead of the previous 79 Eur. Promotion ends June 15th, 2010, so hurry.
D16 Group Total Bundle includes
- Phoscyon – taking the classic analogue sound of the legendary 303 silver box into the future. It offers an unmatched sound together with many advanced features.
- Drumazon – emulates the famous 909 drum machine. All the instruments are synthesized in exactly the same way as the original. All the nuances and detail of the original are captured perfectly. In addition, all Drumazon instruments have enhanced controls. This extra functionality allows the user to adjust the sounds further than on the original unit.
- Nepheton – emulates the famous 808 drum machine. All the nuances and details of the instruments sounds are captured perfectly. The instruments models are equipped with additional controls giving you possibility to tweak the sound much better.
- Nithonat – is fully synthesized drum machine which emulates classic 606 box. This perfect emulation is enhanced with extra functionality taking the little pocket drum machine to the new dimension.
- Devastor – simple but remarkable Multiband Distortion Unit. It is an enhanced version of the distortion unit from our famous Phoscyon synthesizer.
- Fazortan – Controlable Space Phaser created with the most advanced analog modelling techniques.
- Decimort – High Quality Bit Crusher with a complex and advanced signal processing algorithms, simulating the behaviour of the whole sampling path which exists in every AD/DA converter.
- Redoptor – High quality Vintage Tube Distortion with an exact emulation of a tube’s circuits.
- Toraverb – Space Modulated Reverb is a concept algorithm reverb. It allows the user to create practically ANY type of reverb.
- Syntorus – Double Path Analog Chorus is a chorus effecting unit with a double delay line. It’s capable of emulating almost every classic unit available.
More information: D16 Group
, effect plugins
, Nomad Factory
, panning and spatial
Posted in news
on May 18, 2010 - 2 comments
audioMIDI.com has announced a No-Brainer Deal on Nomad Factory Blue Tubes effect plug-ins for PC and Mac.
The Blue Effects Pack is a collection of 6 plug-ins processors for PC and Mac OSX. Designed to improve the quality of digital sound recordings. This bundle recreates the warm sound qualities of classic analog hardware. The sound quality of Blue Effects pack is nothing short of amazing. Yet all 6 plug-ins provide a simple and functional “vintage-style” interface, as well as low CPU consumption for lightening-fast processing.
Nomad Factory Blue Tubes
- Dual-Analog Chorus CH2S, creates various types of classic modulation effects, such as Leslie, Chorus, and Auto-pan. In addition, this effect provides the ultimate in control over LFO’s and panning, including waveform selection. Whether you need subtle enhancement or aggressive effects on a track, the CH2S has the power you need.
- Analog Phaser APH2S, designed with all of the characteristics of a vintage analog phaser. The selectable 4-, 6-, 8- or 12-stage resonant analog filters enable this phaser to create various modulation effects. Various controls on the APH2S, such as Speed, Depth, Resonance, and Stage, all contribute to a wide range of phasing effects. Additionally, the Width control provides an adjustable stereo field and a Color control.
- Vintage Oilcan Echo TLE2S, delivers the classic analog sound of a tape less oilcan echo/delay. This model adds “Color” to your music by providing various echo/delay styles from specific time periods, namely 1964, 1977, 1989, and 1995. These styles, along with the other various controls on the TLE2S, give you a wide range of time-based effects to add to your recordings.
- Tempo Delays DL3D, a tempo-driven delay effect with a classic analog sound. No more trial-and-error in setting tempo-based delay times. Simply sync the tempo of the song, and select the note value corresponding to the desired delay time. This delay provides three separate channels. Using the Pan controls, you can pan all three delay channels to the center, or spread the channels out across the stereo field (left, center, right). Gain controls set the levels for each channel individually.
- Stereo Imager ST2S, provides precise control over the width of the stereo field. This graphically striking device enables you to “visualize” the width of the stereo sound stage. Some stereo tracks may require special treatment in terms of stereo width. The Stereo Imager gives you a simple way to manipulate the spread of the stereo tracks while receiving visual feedback on your changes.
- Analog Valve Driver ADR2S, delivers that authentic saturation effect found in many vintage tube amplifiers. Not only does this model provide a tube-like Overdrive effect, but also High Pass and Low Pass filters and a Noise Gate to enable greater control of your overdriven sound. If your clean tracks call for a powerful and warm overdrive, your answer is the ADR2S.
The Nomad Factory Blue Tubes plug-ins are available to purchase from audioMIDI.com for $15 USD each, or all 6 bundled for $50 USD.
More information: audioMIDI.com
WOK has announced the release of XPHASER, a dual phaser effect plug-in for Windows.
Two phasers with a different sound can be routed parallel or serial. Easy control, clear GUI, various sounds – that is WOK’s XPHASER.
Panorama and volume controls for the two phasers and the original signal offer you deep stereo effects or subtile enhancements. Manual sweeping or syncing to host tempo are available as well as different modulation waveforms.
XPhaser is available in two versions:
- Free LE version, fully functional but does not contain the host sync and manual sweep feature.
- Advanced version with sync and manual phasing, available to purchase for 11 EUR.
More information: WOK
B. Serrano has released Red Shift 2, a free effect plug-in for Windows PC.
Pitch shifter / delay / phaser / chorus… according your settings! Don’t hesitate to tweak all parameters, Red Shift 2 will surprising you… For discrete FX or destroy your sound. Choose…
Red Shift 2 features
- Pitch shifter with pre-delay, feedback, buffer size and range.
- 2 LFOs, manual and host BPM syncable, variable steps and speed.
- 16 steps modulator sequencer with clock and direction controls.
- Modulation matrix for LFOs, Seq and fixed, to Left/Right/Both.
- Dry/Wet output control.
Red Shift 2 is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
B. Serrano has also set free Adonis 2, a virtual hybrid synthesizer VST instrument plug-in for Windows. Donations are appreciated.
More information: B. Serrano / Red Shift 2