Rattly And Raw has announced the release of The Cassamplerette, a cassette-based sampler instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
We found 49 appropriate instruments and also a huge amount of drums and percussion and recorded them painfully and slowly to the Cassamplerette at as many pitches as we could get per instrument!
We then transferred and edited all these recordings to Kontakt through a killer signal path (vintage neve pres and prism conversion) and created a digital version of the Cassamplerette but with all the convenience that Kontakt offers!
The Cassamplerette features
- 50 real instruments lovingly recorded note by note from Cassamplerette tapes and made into fully controllable Kontakt instruments!
- An additional 150 presets. These often have additional FX, layers and functionaiilty making them like extra instruments!
- 1.8 gig in size.
- A comprehensive GUI giving control of, FX, distortion and other parameters.
- Live timestretching controls ranging from subtle envelope shaping to outright sonic butchery.
- An input velocity manager.
- A separate ‘Wonkiness’ control.
- A separate cassette tape noise control.
- The sound of cool instruments playing back from crusty, bendy, lofi cassette tape!
The library is available to purchase for £30 GBP.
More information: Rattly And Raw / The Cassamplerette
discoDSP has released version 1.2.2 of its HighLife sampler instrument plugin for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Changes in HighLife v1.2.2
- Cue/Loop points are removed after wave trim if they are not on the range.
- Auto adjust wave size after operation on wave.
- Drop down menus for Root / Key / To.
- <> buttons to browse waves in the current folder.
- Rename Zone function.
HighLife is available to purchase for 49 EUR. All platform installers are delivered on a single download after purchase.
More information: discoDSP / HighLife
Sonic Charge has announced the release of Cyclone, a free software emulation of the Yamaha TX16W sampler from 1988.
Cyclone is a true low-level hardware emulator. It simulates all the important circuits of the Yamaha TX16W, including the main 68000 CPU, the properietary Yamaha DSP circuits, the 12-bit sample memory and the 400kHz non-linear DACs. Cyclone not only looks like a real TX16W, it sounds like a real TX16W and it runs the exact same software as a real TX16W.
That last sentence is worth elaborating on. We have not merely created a new virtual instrument with a vintage sound, neither is Cyclone an updated version of Typhoon. Cyclone features a full 68000 emulator that runs the exact same version of Typhoon that was released 14 years ago. This implies that using Cyclone will require a bit more effort than your average modern virtual instrument. But this can also be a very rewarding experience. Regard Cyclone as a time travel portal to an era from the past. The era of the monster dinosaur samplers.
Cyclone for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is a free download.
More information: Sonic Charge
A first beta of the Renoise 3 tracker-based digital audio workstation for Windows, Mac, and Linux has been released.
We are happy to announce that the first beta of Renoise 3.0 has arrived! The download is available for all users with a Renoise 3.0 license from our backstage.
New in Renoise 3
- Supercharged instruments with per-sample modulation, effects and more.
- New real-time performance options.
- Instrument phrases.
- New DSP effects and pattern commands.
- Reworked GUI.
- More details in the release notes.
Renoise is available to purchase for 58 EUR (excl. VAT) until the release of Renoise 3, after which the price will go up to 65 EUR. Renoise 3 beta builds are available for registered users in the Renoise Backstage.
More information: Renoise
Single Cell Software has released Caustic 3, a music creation tool inspired by rack-mount synthesizers/samplers rigs.
Caustic is a music creation tool that uses various synthesizers, samplers and effects to create songs.
Limitless combinations of instruments and sounds means Caustic can be used to create music of various styles, even though the app’s main focus is electronic music.
Changes in Caustic 3
- 14 machine slots.
- 6 new synth types (10 total).
- 8 new insert effects (16 total).
- Dedicated mastering section.
- Live note recording.
- WAV / sample editor.
- Microphone sampling.
- Pattern automation.
- Automation editing.
- Note quantize toggle.
- FTP file transfer.
Caustic is available to purchase for iOS and Android for $9.99 USD. The Windows desktop version is free.
More information: Single Cell Software / Caustic 3
Sound Guru has announced a public beta of The Mangle, a granular synthesizer / sampler plug-in.
I’ve been fascinated by granular synthesis for years but I never found a satisfactory plugin to explore it – I wanted full automation in my DAW, preset recall, and tools to ‘play’ the stream of grains expressively.
So I built it myself. Or more accurately, I am building it myself. The Mangle is beta software, but if you want to help me test, you can buy at the discounted beta price.
The Mangle features
- Animated granular display – Visualize your grain stream. Individual grains move across the waveform in real time. Amplitude, pitch and envelope are also represented.
- Drag & drop modulation – Creating new modulations is easy – just drag the modulator to its target, then set the amount with in-place markers showing changes.
- Resizable vector interface – The Mangle’s interface is rendered dynamically as vectors – resize it with no loss in quality. Handy for live performance.
- Dual sequencers – The Mangle is also great for making rhythmic patterns. A pair of sequencers can be used to modulate any parameter.
- Multiband waveform display – Quickly and easily see where high, mid and low frequencies are in your audio, for clearer sound setup and tweaking.
- Multi-timbral – Each instance of the plugin has 8 full ‘slots’ each with their own audio & parameters. Map them to any MIDI range for multi-timbral patches.
The Mangle is currently available for Mac only (VST/AU), for the discounted beta price of £19.99 GBP. A Windows version is coming soon.
More information: Sound Guru / The Mangle
CWI Technology has released version 2.3.0 of the TX16Wx and TX16Wx Professional software sampler instruments for Windows and Mac.
TX16Wx Software Sampler is a plug-in for the creative musician, inspired and modeled after the best hardware samplers with all the ease and new exiting features modern software brings.
A multitimbral instrument that actually samples, and with a documented file format so you never will be locked in to a single instrument.
This version contains many new features and fixes, such as group cross fading, SoundFont patch loading and improved FX.
Changes in TX16Wx v2.3.0
- Fixed MIDI note names not being refreshed in some hosts.
- Fixed load failure with certain banks created with older versions.
- Fixed send:pre-fader not loaded from bank.
- Fixed delay feedback issue.
- Fixed bug loading performance with tempo delay.
- Fixed dry/wet mix issue in Chorus/Flanger.
- Fixed some sound fonts imported with bad play mode.
- Fixed mouse wheel scrolling for large windows.
- Fixed crash in Sonar X2 when loosing window focus.
- Fixed turning automated knobs not sending automation data to host.
- Modified LFO and Seq modulators parameter UI disposition to be more powerful.
- Added Mono and Ping-pong mode to delay.
- Added lo/hi frequency cut for reverb.
- Added 3-band equalizer effect.
- Chorus/Flanger/Phaser inserts now converts mono to stereo for nicer sound.
- Added note priority selector for playing Mono/Legato modes.
- Added override root key functionality to splits.
- SFZ and SF2 import now uses overriding root keys.
- Added name-based auto keyboard mapping tool.
- Added Soundfont sample and patch loading. SF2 files can now be browsed and partially loaded.
- Soundfont import now uses much less memory.
- Added BPM/R modulation source (host/wave relative tempo).
- Program files now store wave metadata overrides such as root key, loops etc to allow more local modifications of waves without needing to save them.
- Added setting to save reapeaks files in separate folder.
- Added group crossfade regions (pro version).
- Introduced crossfade between sample sources when playing in ono/legato mode to reduce clicking.
- Voice stealing now produces smoother sound.
- Intersecting groups can now be selected by Ctrl-rightclick on mapper keyboard.
- Playing notes on the key mapper keyboard can now vary velocity with Ctrl, Shift and Ctrl+Shift.
TX16Wx for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available as freeware. The Professional edition costs 89 EUR (commercial) / 29 EUR (non-commercial).
More information: CWI Technology