, Hugo Hedberg
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Jul 02, 2012
Precisionsound has announced the Hedberg Travel Organ, a sample library for Kontakt, EXS24, HALion & SoundFont.
The “Hedberg Travel organ” is a 4 octave Swedish folding harmonium made in Enskede, Stockholm, Sweden, around 1950 by “Hugo Hedberg”.
This instrument combines brilliance and simplicity in something that looks like an ordinary suitcase. But don´t let the appearance deceive you—it’s a great example of a completely acoustic, portable keyboard instrument.
With a warm and stable tone quality, different from both the accordion and bigger harmoniums, it will be a useful element in genres as Folk, Country and Jazz – but also in a simple acoustic guitar-vocal setup. The instrument has been used as a Missionary Organ, for playing psalms in outdoor services.
Hedberg Travel Organ with custom interface for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Hedberg Travel Organ features
- 117 24bit WAV files, chromatically sampled and recorded in stereo. Range is C1 to C5 with the last note stretched to C6 so you get 5 octaves. Includes notes and release samples, as well as noise samples.
- 2 programs for all versions of Steinberg HALion.
- 2 programs for Logic EXS24.
- 2 programs for NI Kontakt v1 and v2.
- 1 program for NI Kontakt v3 v4 & v5.
- 2 programs in the SoundFont format (16bit).
- The SoundFont versions are 100% compatible with all virtual samplers supporting the SoundFont format like Dimension Pro (Cakewalk), Free SFZ player, NN-XT (Reason) and more.
- Full version of Kontakt 3, 4 or 5 is required for the Kontakt versions (Free Kontakt Player not supported).
The sample library is available to purchase for $25 USD (+$11 USD for DVD).
More information: Precisionsound / Hedberg Travel Organ
Emiliano Grilli has released a free Balafon SoundFont, a sampled wooden percussion idiophone from West Africa.
A friend of mine lent me a fantastic african instrument: a Balafon. I took the opportunity to sample it and make a soundfont to be used in GNU/Linux with qsynth.
To record it I used my trusty yamaha pockettrack 2G (best buy of 2011), I then cropped the single notes with mhwaveedit and put toghether the soundfont with swami.
The instrument itself is gorgeous, too bad I have to gave him back soon… I only sampled one layer for each note, basically there are three octaves of a C scale from G2 to F5 (I don’t know for shure those are the actual pitches, maybe I missed an octave in positioning notes).
The SoundFont is a free download from linuxaudiostudio.
More information: Balafon SoundFont
Hex Loops has announced Urban Club, a construction kits sample pack.
‘Urban Club’ contain 5 powerful hip hop modern construction kits who will smash the club. Contains over 60 Wav ACIDized loops and over 40 MIDI loops.
Not only that. This pack contains an extra bonus with 15 soundfonts instruments used in producing this beats.
Urban Club is available to purchase for $17.50 USD.
More information: Hex Loops / Urban Club
discoDSP has announced a price drop of the Synthesizer Legacy Bundle, a collection of three synthesizer plug-ins.
discoDSP has reduced their Synthesizer Legacy Bundle to 199 EUR / USD 249 / 159 GBP / 19000 JPY. Synthesizer Bundles includes Mac + PC versions from Discovery Pro, Vertigo and Phantom (PC version).
Synthesizer Legacy Bundle features
- Discovery Pro is a 32 and 64-bit 12 oscillator Virtual Analog Synthesizer featuring 4 layers, WAV and SoundFont (SF2) support, PADSynth, 2X oversampling / undersampling, built-in arpeggiator, sync, FM, 12 filter types, panning modulation, stereo delay and gate effects, graphic envelope modulation. Imports and exports Nord Lead 2 SysEx data.
- Vertigo is a 32 and 64-bit Audio Units, VST and RTAS additive synthesizer. Imports and re-synthesize WAV and PNG files into two morphable layers, each with up to 256 oscillators. Includes 8 built-in effects, dual filters and FFT view.
- Phantom is an eight voice, four operator, PM/FM synthesizer with the ability to import Yamaha DX100, DX27 and DX21 SysEx data.
The Synthesizer Legacy Bundle is available to purchase at the discoDSP Online Shop.
More information: discoDSP
Hπ Instruments has released microsynth, a polyphonic multi-timbral microtonal synthesizer for Mac.
microsynth and microsynth-mini are Mac OSX SoundFont synthesizers for microtonal music, supporting seven types of tuning files, on-the-fly retuning, audio file recording, routing to and from standard MIDI hardware controllers and sequencing and notation software such as Sibelius and Finale, giving you total control of tuning in your music.
Available in multi-timbral and mono-timbral versions (tuning features are the same in both).
16 independent tracks, each with tuning, MIDI in/out, SoundFont and patch selection.
- Unlimited tunings, any key to any pitch.
- Individual tuning per track.
- Supports MTS real-time Sysex messages.
- Supports .scl .tun .hz .csv .mtx .gly and .tonex tuning files.
- Supports single channel tuning tables of 128 tones.
- Supports OMNI-channel tuning tables of 2048 tones.
- Allows real time transposition and remapping of scales.
- Unlimited user-defined MIDI CC tuning switches and tuners.
- Supports pitch bending of microtonal pitches.
- Comes with GM/GS Soundset.
- Built in reverb.
- Loads .sf2 soundfonts.
- Unlimited MIDI connections.
- One virtual MIDI input and output.
- Records wav audio files.
- Loads and saves scenes.
- Multiple Undo.
microsynth for Mac (standalone) is available to purchase for $19.99 USD. microsynth-mini (single-track) is $9.99 USD.
More information: Hπ Instruments / microsynth