Dynaudio Professional (formerly known as Dynaudio Acoustics) has introduced its 20th Anniversary M3XE monitors that takes monitoring to a whole new level with a significant upgrade from its predecessor – the renowned M3A 3-way monitor. To top it off, the speakers are powered by two of Lab.gruppen’s highly esteemed PLM10000Q amplifiers.
Sporting the newest and most pristine Dynaudio driver technology, M3XE takes over where most other monitor systems give up. With unsurpassed attention to detail, underpinned by an impressive 20Hz – 22kHz frequency response and beyond 133dB SPL, M3XE leaves no room for desire in terms of resolution, range or sheer power.
The cutting-edge combination of Lab.gruppen, Lake and TC Electronic processing technology forms the ultimate backing for M3XE and ensures unlimited power and the tools for optimizing any room to become the perfect listening environment.
In short, M3XE surpasses any and all main monitor expectations!
M3XE Main Features
- Unique linear phase frequency response.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 22kHz.
- Dual 12” ESOTAR² Woofers, aluminum voice coil.
- Dual 6” Midrange drivers, MSP cone, 75mm aluminum voice coil.
- 1.1” (28mm) ESOTAR² Softdome tweeter, aluminum voice coil.
- Max. SPL (short term peak @ 1m): 133 SPL.
- Heavy internal damping for minimum cabinet resonance.
- Dimensions: 555mm (W) x 775mm (H) x 505mm (D).
- Weight: 132 lbs./ 60 kg.
Amplification: Lab.gruppen PLM10000Q
- 4x 2300 watts (2x 2300W woofer, 1x 2300W Mid, 1x 2300W HF).
- Dimensions: 2 unit x 19”.
- Input: Analog, AES/EBU.
- Class TD output stage.
- Zero-overshoot, inter-sample voltage peak limiting (ISVPL™).
- Lake Processing; Raised Cosine Equalization™, Linear phase cross-overs etc.
The new M3XE will be available Summer 2012, for a list price of $34,800 USD / 26600 EUR.
More information: Dynaudio Professional / M3XE
Dynaudio Professional (formerly Dynaudio Acoustics) has introduced the DBM50, the perfect active desktop monitor featuring a 7.1” woofer and a 1.1” soft dome tweeter.
All aspects of its design point towards desktop use – from the perfectly angled front over the ingenious waveguide around the tweeter to the optional addition of a level controller that never compromises the all-important level interrelationship between speakers.
Another key factor that puts DBM50 in the front seat is sheer quality. Each and every one is handcrafted in Denmark with attention to even the tiniest detail. More than 20 years of expertise in speaker design, development and manufacturing guarantees a set of monitors that go the extra mile to recreate even the smallest and most subtle details of any recording or production.
Take Complete Control
DBM50 comes with the option of adding a sleek controller that puts the user squarely at the helm of volume control in any situation. Levels can be set and manipulated with precision and ease, completely independent of the computer or workstation in use. The DBM50 controller provides perfect tracking, which guarantees spot-on stereo imaging with unprecedented precision.
In other words, DBM50 is the only choice when it comes to desktop monitoring.
- Perfectly Angled for Desktop Mixing.
- Every Driver Hand-built in Denmark.
- Optional Master Volume Control.
- 7.1” Woofer / 1.1” Soft Dome Tweeter.
- 50+50 Watts.
- 117 dB SPL.
- Frequency Range: 46Hz – 21kHz.
- Dimensions: W 437 mm, D 410 mm, H 435 mm.
- Weight: 7.2 lbs./kg.
The DBM50 will be available in May 2012 in the EU and Summer 2012 in the US, for a suggested price of $499 USD/499 EUR/£415 GBP each. The optional volume controller is priced $69 USD/69 EUR/£59 GBP.
More information: Dynaudio Professional / DBM50
, Line 6
Posted in news
on Jan 20, 2012
Line 6 announced its StageScape, StageSource and XD-V live sound products at Winter NAMM 2012.
Many aspects of live sound have remained largely the same for decades… until now.
At Winter NAMM 2012, Line 6 is unveiling a powerful new ecosystem of innovative live sound solutions—from the world’s first smart mixing system and most versatile speakers, to the fourth generation of the acclaimed Line 6 digital wireless platform. Designed to work together as an integrated system—or complement third-party solutions—the new StageScape™ M20d digital mixer, StageSource™ series loudspeakers and XD-V digital wireless microphone family represent the future of live sound.
- StageScape M20d is the world’s first smart mixing system for live sound. Utilizing a groundbreaking touchscreen visual mixing environment, StageScape M20d streamlines the way you mix to get your sound dialed in quickly and keep you in the creative zone. The M20d features 20 inputs, massive DSP power on every channel, multi-channel recording with or without a computer, and remote control of the system via one or more iPad® devices.
- The StageSource loudspeaker series combines multi-function design, powerful DSP and precision components to deliver the perfect blend of high-powered performance and true scalability. Comprised of the StageSource L3t three-way speaker system and StageSource L3s subwoofer, the StageSource series features Smart Speaker technology and L6 LINK™ digital networking to deliver best-of-class performance across the widest variety of live sound applications.
- From instrument wireless to handheld, lavalier and headset mics, all Line 6 XD-V digital wireless systems are built on the same fourth-generation digital wireless platform—the most advanced in the pro audio industry. They utilize precision modeling to provide the sonic nuances of the most popular wired mics, EQ filters to compensate for mic placement, and even cable length impedance. All systems feature one-step setup, compander-free 24 bit audio clarity, and ultra-reliable, license-free operation around the world.
More information: Line 6
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Dec 19, 2011
Audiffex has updated its ampLion guitar gear simulation effect plug-in for Windows and Mac to v1.1.4.
The update improves stability of the plug-in in Pro Tools and fixes the compatibility with Japanese localization of Mac OS.
Audiffex has also published two new videos about inTone Guitar Pro and ampLion, available from the Audiffex web site or directly at its YouTube channel.
More information: Audiffex / ampLion
SonoReplicator has released SonoReplicator VST, a spectral processor effect plug-in which turns standard speakers and earphones into acoustic copies (replicas) of studio monitors or any other real or ideal speakers and earphones.
The replication is implemented by means of a patented method of digital audio correction. Use SonoReplicator to improve the sound of your speakers and earphones. Even very cheap loudspeakers and earphones will sound much better.
You need a microphone to work with the SonoReplicator plug-in. It can be a cheap PC microphone or a professional measurement microphone. Professional measurement microphones are more accurate, however, cheap PC microphones are quite suitable to improve the sound of conventional speakers and earphones. The microphone is necessary to measure the frequency response of your speakers or earphones. The process of the measurement is described in the program’s Help. The measured frequency response can be saved as a file and loaded when necessary.
The program displays three kinds of plots: original frequency responses, etalon frequency responses and resultant frequency responses. It is possible to use two types of the etalon frequency responses: frequency responses of ideal speakers (earphones) or frequency responses of real speakers (earphones).
SonoReplicator generates a digital signal processing algorithm which can be used to correct the frequency responses of your speakers or earphones in accordance with the chosen etalon. The algorithm can be saved as a file for the permanent use. It is possible to save a few algorithms for different speakers and earphones. Such algorithms can be loaded into the SonoReplicator plug-in to make the appropriate change in the sound of your speakers or earphones. If everything is done correctly, the corrected frequency response of your speakers or earphones will be similar to the frequency response of the chosen etalon.
SonoReplicator VST for Windows is available to purchase for $29.95 USD.
More information: SonoReplicator
Soundmatters has announced the foxLv2 PLATINUM Bluetooth, the audio purists’ ultimate pocket-sized Hi-Fi portable speaker.
The latest in the award-winning foxL series (TIME Magazine’s Top Ten Gadget of the Year), the foxLv2 PLATINUM Bluetooth takes “go anywhere” listening to a new level with a trio of new performance features, including advancements in streamed Bluetooth for CD quality music, new audiophile cabling, and extended battery life.
foxLv2 PLATINUM is the only portable speaker capable of taking full advantage of CSR® apt-X’s dramatic improvement in streamed Bluetooth signal from apt-X equipped devices (like Apple Snow Leopard & Lion computers) delivering virtual CD quality wirelessly along with improved sound/picture sync for movies and gaming.
foxLv2 Platinum Bluetooth features
- Virtual CD-Quality Bluetooth music: wirelessly with CSR apt-X*.
- Better wired for sound with included Audioquest cable.
- Battery Life that’s even more impressive: Up to 10 Hours (or more) Bluetooth On, up to 20 Hours (or more) Bluetooth off.
- Pocket-sized Portability: uniquely combines high-resolution fidelity and pocket-sized portability.
- Bluetooth Speakerphone Capability: with built-in noise-canceling microphone.
- Connect to any music source via standard 3.5mm stereo audio cable: audiophile Audioquest Evergreen cable included.
- Lithium-ion BassBattery™ re-chargable via USB or included high-power 5 Volt 2 Amp universal wall charger: includes AC prong adapters for US/Japan, Germany/China, UK/HK, Australia/NZ.
- Output wattage doubles when powered via AC wall charger (included).
- Subwoofer Output.
- Tiny Dimensions: 143 x 55 x 35 mm (5.6 x 2.2 x 1.4 inch).
- Lightweight: 269 gram (9.5 oz).
The foxLv2 PLATINUM will be available starting November 2011 through Soundmatters and quality retailers, priced at $229 USD MAP.
More information: Soundmatters