BOSS has announced three next-generation compact pedals featuring innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP).
Powered by this important new technology, the TE-2 Tera Echo, DA-2 Adaptive Distortion, and MO-2 Multi Overtone pedals deliver an amazing range of dynamic and expressive sonic textures, providing guitarists an exciting new set of tools to dramatically expand their tonal range.
Roland’s innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) analyzes audio signals in many dimensions and applies ideal effects to each. By giving different dynamic changes relative to the input signal in real time, MDP can create bold, all-new sounds with a previously unattainable range of expression.
Roland TE-2 Tera Echo, DA-2 Adaptive Distortion & MO-2 Multi Overtone pedals.
New BOSS pedals
- TE-2 Tera Echo — The TE-2 delivers amazing new ambience effects that go far beyond traditional reverb and delay processing. MDP produces an incredibly deep and spacious sound, dramatically enhancing the straight guitar tone without overwhelming it. With simple, familiar stompbox controls and incredible dynamic sensitivity, an extremely wide range of inspiring sounds can be achieved. In addition, the TE-2’s expressive Freeze function allows players to hold the current effect sound for lead backing and unique sound effects.
- DA-2 Adaptive Distortion — Unlike standard distortion pedals that process the entire guitar signal with a single effect, the MDP-powered DA-2 adapts the sound in real time to create the ideal tone for every register. The result is a rich, musical distortion that plays well all over the guitar neck, from tight, edgy low-string tones to fat, smooth highs. With the power of MDP, the DA-2’s distortion is amazingly responsive to playing dynamics, and every note can be heard with high definition, even when playing two or more notes at the same time.
- MO-2 Multi Overtone — The MO-2 provides incredibly distinctive and expressive tones only possible with the magic of MDP. Using the guitar’s rich harmonic overtones as a starting point, the MO-2 builds completely unique sounds that enhance and thicken the normal tone. Three different modes offer diverse sound-shaping options, while the DETUNE knob unlocks a wide range of impressive modulation effects. From shimmery multi-string resonance to flute-like transparency to powerful textures reminiscent of organs and synths, the MO-2 brings a variety of all-new dynamic resonance characteristics to guitarists everywhere.
More information: Roland
TSE Audio has released version 2.0 of the B.O.D. bass overdrive effect plugin for Windows.
A nice little stompbox emulation for the bass guitar. It’s modeled against a popular little box and this will definately find a place in your mix with no big efforts.
This is the second generation of this plugin, featuring new GUI and a new very detailed op-amp model giving it less artificial sound.
B.O.D. v2.0 features
- Input: Control the incoming (guitar) signal. Value of 1.0 = +0dB and 2.0 = +6dB.
- Level, Drive, Low, High, Presence, Blend.
- Quality switch: ‘LO’ and ‘HI’ setting. HI setting removes additional aliasing.
The B.O.D. plugin is available as freeware for Windows (VST).
More information: TSE Audio / B.O.D.
Xhun Audio has released SmartRig Pro, a VST effect plug-in for Windows.
SmartRig Pro is a simple and effective tool for guitarists, musicians and professional sound designers looking for a compact, easy-to-use, analog-modeled Multi Fx/Cabinet suite for both live and/or studio recording use.
Designed for Electric Guitars, SmartRig Pro is suited also to process and color an extended range of instruments like acoustic guitars, acoustic and electric basses, vocals, electric pianos, synthesizers or even to bring back to life old live recordings and audio loops/libraries.
Xhun Audio SmartRig Pro analog modeled multi FX / cabinet suite.
SmartRig Pro features
- An all-in-one complete environment featuring Analog Modeled Dynamics Processors, Multi FX Stompboxes and Amp/Cabinets/Room simulation.
- CPU-efficient DSP and rock-solid stability for both Live and/or Studio recording use.
- Process everything: plug-in any monaural or stereo audio source like acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric basses, vocals, electric pianos, synthesizers or even your old live recordings and audio loops/libraries.
- 2-In / 2-Out or 1-In / 2-Out processing.
- CMP-1: Master Compressor.
- EQ-3: 3-band Equalizer.
- Four insert effects slots with the possibility to choose between 11 analogue modeled Stompboxes (more will follow).
- Including Ambiverb, a high-end resonator-based natural Reverb algorithm.
- Amp/Cabinet simulation, with the possibility to choose between 6 legendary Cabinets (more will follow).
- Room simulation.
- MIDI CC#s mapping.
- Supported Sample Rates : 44.1 / 48 / 88.1 / 96 kHz.
SmartRig Pro costs 35 EUR. It is currently available for 24.90 EUR as part of the Xmas 2012 Special Offer. It also includes Ambiverb Stompbox, a resonator-based natural Reverb algorithm.
The Xmas 2012 Special Offer initiative offers a price discount on all Xhun Audio products and bundles: LittleOne, IronAxe, SmartRig Pro, XA Instruments Bundle and XA Complete Bundle.
The Xmas 2012 Special Offer is valid until January 6th, 2013.
More information: Xhun Audio / SmartRig Pro
, IK Multimedia
, Jimi Hendrix
Posted in news
on Dec 17, 2012
IK Multimedia has released AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix, a gear collection for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
When it comes to Jimi Hendrix tone, we’ve got you covered, whether it’s our new AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ apps for iPhone/iPod touch and iPad, or the AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ gear collection for Mac/PC, which can run as a standalone program or a DAW plug in.
All our Hendrix products are released in collaboration with ®Authentic Hendrix, and provide guitarists with stunningly accurate Hendrix tone. We even give you presets in the form of a Hendrix discography, so that you can dial up genuine settings from specific songs. Like all of our AmpliTube products, the various forms of AmplTube Jimi Hendrix offer extras such as recording capabilities, speed trainers, metronomes, and more.
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix features
- Real-time guitar mobile multiFX + recording app with Jimi Hendrix tone.
- Full rig with 3 (iPhone/iPod) / 4 (iPad) simultaneous stompboxes + amp with effects + cabinet and microphone.
- 11 Jimi Hendrix™ gear models: 5 Stompboxes (Noise Filter, Fuzz Age, Octa-V, Uni-V, Wah 46) 2 Amplifiers (JH Gold, JH Dual) 2 Cabinets (2×15″J, 4×12″J) and 2 Microphones.
- Complete Jimi Hendrix™ Discography Presets.
- Jimi Hendrix™ song links directly within the app for play-along.
- Single-track recorder expandable to 4-track (iPhone/iPod) / 8-track (iPad) studio with master effects (via in-app purchase).
- Import and play songs as backing tracks from your iPod library or computer.
- Export via E-mail, SoundCloud, FTP or File Sharing.
- Audio Copy/Paste – Slow down/speed up the tempo of imported songs without affecting pitch.
- NO VOICE feature removes the lead vocal or guitar solo from imported songs.
- Powerful preset system to manage presets and favorites.
- Digital audio in/out.
- MIDI controllable (available as in-app purchase and free for iRig MIDI users).
- Low-latency for real time playing.
The app is available to purchase for $14.99 USD.
More information: IK Multimedia / AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix
Audiffex has updated the Effect Pedals stomp box effect plug-ins series to version 1.0.7.
Besides compatibility improvements and fixes, 64-bit version has been added, both for Windows and Mac OS.
Audiffex Effect Pedals is a set of 36 plug-ins for guitar, bass, software instruments, vocal and acoustic instruments. They are available as VST, AU and RTAS plug-ins.
The Effect Pedals suite is available to purchase for $99 USD. The update is available for immediate download.
More information: Audiffex / Effect Pedals