TASCAM has announced the US-2000, a new 16-input audio interface condensed into only one rackspace.
Eight studio-grade microphone preamps welcome condenser microphones, and two of the mic inputs are on the front panel for easy access. An additional six balanced 1/4″ line inputs are provided, as well as four balanced line outs and stereo digital I/O. The front panel features a 100-LED meter bridge for setting input and output levels. The US-2000 connects to a computer through high-speed USB 2.0, and is priced about the same as less-capable 8-channel FireWire interfaces. Included with the TASCAM US-2000 is Cubase LE4, a 48-track workstation for Mac or Windows computers. It includes flexible hardware controls for zero-latency monitoring during recording.
- 16-in / 4-out USB 2.0 audio interface.
- 96kHz / 24-bit audio resolution.
- (8) XLR microphone inputs with phantom power.
- (6) 1/4″ balanced line inputs.
- (4) 1/4″ balanced line outputs.
- (2) 1/4″ instrument inputs (chan. 7 & 8 on front panel “combi “jacks).
- Stereo S/PDIF digital in and out.
- 100-LED meter bridge (5 segments for each input and output).
- Zero-latency direct monitoring with mono/stereo switch for each pair of inputs.
- 1/4″ balanced stereo monitor output with its own volume control.
- 1/4″ stereo high-powered headphone output.
- Mac and Windows compatible.
- Steinberg Cubase LE4 48-track recording software included.
- High-tech, attractive aluminum case design.
The US-2000 will be available from TASCAM retailers in October at a projected street price under $500 USD.
More information: TASCAM / US-2000
TASCAM has announced the US-122mkII and US-144mkII, two Portable USB Audio Interfaces.
The US-122mkII features improved audio performance along with a new, eye-catching compact design. The US-144mkII shares the design improvements, adding S/PDIF digital audio I/O for four channels of 96kHz/24-bit audio to and from a computer. Both interfaces use USB 2.0 technology for hiccup-free low-latency performance to Mac or Windows computers.
The TASCAM US-122mkII and US-144mkII feature a pair of XLR microphone inputs with phantom power for recording condenser mics into a computer. Balanced line inputs and a guitar level in are also provided. MIDI in and out jacks allow for synthesizer and control messages to be passed to the computer, and the unbalanced line outputs connect to studio monitors. The US-144mkII has the addition of digital in and out, for a total of four channels, and a dedicated headphone level control means you don’t need to switch off your monitors when recording on phones. A copy of Steinberg’s 48-track Cubase LE4 is included to begin recording right away.
US-122mkII / US-144mkII features
- Bus-powered USB 2.0 audio interface
- (2) XLR microphone inputs with phantom power
- (2) 1/4″ balanced line inputs
- Switchable guitar level input
- 1/4″ stereo headphone output
- MIDI input and output
- S/PDIF stereo coaxial input and output (US-144mkII only)
- Individual Line and Headphone out level controls (US-144mkII only)
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit audio resolution
- Zero-latency hardware monitoring
- Mac and Windows drivers included
- Steinberg Cubase LE4 48-track recording software included
- Aluminum case construction
The US-122mkII and US-144mkII will be available from TASCAM retailers in October. Estimated street price for the US-122mkII is $129 USD, the US-144mkII is expected to sell for $149 USD.
TASCAM / US-122mkII / US-144mkII
TASCAM has announced the HS-P82, a high-quality 8-track field recorder for music, television and film production.
Eight high-quality microphone preamps use standard XLR inputs to record up to 96kHz/24-bit audio with timecode. Dual Compact Flash slots provide recording with backup and no moving parts for rugged reliability. A stereo mix can be recorded in addition to the eight individual channels, for a total of 10-channel capture. The recorder is housed in an aluminum chassis with a TFT color touchscreen.
- Recording Features:
- Dual Compact Flash recording media supports backup, mirroring and seamless A/B recording (Seamless Record, Mirroring & Cascade modes coming in version 1.10)
- Long battery life through low power usage
- Easy to read and operate using pivoting TFT Color Touch Panel interface
- All-aluminum chassis is rugged yet lightweight
- 8 -track recording plus stereo mix for a total of 10-track recording
- 8-track recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit
- 4-track recording at 192kHz/24-bit
- Broadcast WAV (BWF) support with iXML metadata
- Various power options include AA batteries (x10), NP type, AC adaptor, external DC input and optional V-mount adaptor for ENDURA batteries
- Up to 5-second prerecord buffer
- Internal microphone for slate recording
- Limiter and low cut filter per track
- Auto or manual cue points
- Alert signal to headphone output
- Retake function
- Panel lockout function to prevent accidental transport switching
- 8 high-quality microphone preamps and A/D converters with independent +48V phantom power for each (standard XLR connectors)
- 8 AES/EBU inputs and outputs (DB-25 connector)
- Sampling rate converter on each AES/EBU input
- 2 balanced analog outputs (XLR connector)
- Stereo digital output (BNC connector)
- SMPTE Timecode In and Out (BNC connector)
- Video/Word Clock/Cascade* I/O (BNC connector)
- Headphone out (1/4″ stereo jack)
- PS/2 keyboard input for track naming
- USB 2.0 high-speed data transfer to PC
TASCAM’s new HS-P82 will be available from pro audio resellers in December 2009 with an estimated street price of $4,999 USD.
More information: TASCAM / HS-P82
TASCAM has announced the US-100, a new USB 2.0 Audio Interface positioned at a breakthrough price.
The high-quality interface features a microphone input as well as instrument level input for direct recording guitar or bass. Stereo line inputs are provided, and can be switched to phono-level to connect a favorite turntable to digitize a vinyl collection. All of this is housed in a solid aluminum chassis to withstand any abuse from the road to the dorm room.
The US-100 is a 48k/16-bit stereo audio interface that connects to a Mac or Windows computer using USB 2.0. A free copy of Audacity® software is included to start recording right away. Additional features like a 1/8″ stereo headphone output and zero-latency monitoring make the US-100 perfect for songwriters and musicians getting started with recording.
TASCAM US-100 features
- Bus-powered USB 2.0 audio interface.
- XLR or 1/4″ microphone input.
- 1/4″ guitar-level direct input.
- RCA line inputs, switchable to RIAA photo inputs with ground lug.
- 1/8″ stereo headphone output.
- 48kHz/16-bit audio resolution.
- Zero-latency hardware monitoring.
- Mac and Windows compatible.
- Audacity recording software included.
- Solid aluminum case construction.
The US-100 will be available from TASCAM retailers in September at a street price under $100 USD.
More information: TASCAM
, Empirical Labs
, Impact Soundworks
, samples and sound libraries
, Universal Audio
Posted in news
on May 27, 2009 - 0 comments
Impact Soundworks has released Groove Bias: Vintage Drum Sounds, a new drum sample library featuring vintage acoustic drum kits recorded in an authentic 60’s and 70’s style with all-analog gear.
“The drum sounds of the 60s and 70s have been captivating producers and engineers such as
me for decades. Countless tracks have featured samples taken from funk records, but no one
has made an effort to create a new collection of old-school sounds with that vintage tone,” said
Andrew Aversa, lead developer of the product.
Groove Bias: Vintage Drum Sounds features
- Nearly 4 gigabytes and 3,500 samples of unlocked, 24/96 audio content.
- Three deeply sampled, custom kits as well as a set of percussive instruments: five snares, four kicks, nine toms, three hats (closed, loose, open, pedal), two rides, two crashes, two splashes, two rims, handclaps, tambourine, shaker, agogo, bongos, woodblocks, cowbell and triangle.
- Recorded at three studios across the United States using a wide range of microphones, from high-end Neumann mics to trashy RCA and GE mics nearly half a century old.
- All-analog outboard chain featured such gems as an authentic 70s Neve broadcast console, a UA-1176 and 2-610S, Tube-Tech, ADL and Empirical Labs compressors and even giant Otari and TASCAM tape machines.
- Streamlined mixing, offering one or two tracks per kit component – close micing, and overhead or room micing.
- Formats: Kontakt (version 2+), EXS-24, Battery and Reason NN-XT (at 16/44.1), with more formats on the way.
- All formats of Groove Bias are unlocked for your editing and re-mapping pleasure, and with 5-10 round robins and 5-16 velocities per switchable kit component.
Groove Bias: Vintage Drum Sounds is available for download for $99 USD for the Kontakt/HALion/EXS24 version, and $89 USD for the Reason version.
Visit Impact Soundworks for more information and some audio and video demos.
TASCAM has announced the M-164 Mixer Line, a new series of affordable analog mixers.
TASCAM’s M-164 series is a new line of analog mixers, combining great analog specs with cutting-edge digital technology. The M-164 is a 16-channel mixer with 6 mic inputs, great-sounding EQ and a striking design with built-in meter bridge. The M-164FX adds digital effects like reverb, delay and chorus for polished mixes without adding external processing. The M-164UF is the first compact mixer with a built-in USB 2.0 to deliver all 16 outputs to a computer for live or studio recording.
M-164 series features
- 16-channel mixing.
- 6 XLR microphone inputs with phantom power and hipass filter.
- 5 stereo line inputs.
- 3-band EQ on mic channels.
- 2-band EQs on line channels 7-10 and main output.
- RIAA phono preamp on channels 9-10.
- Unique design with built-in meter bridge.
- Sub and Main output busses.
- Two aux sends.
- [M-164FX/M-164UF] Stereo effects processor with 16 presets for reverb, delay, chorus and other effects.
- [M-164UF] USB 2.0 audio interface providing 16 outputs to computer and stereo return from computer at 96kHz / 24-bit.
- [M-164UF] Supports Mac OS X, Windows XP, Windows Vista.
Visit TASCAM for more information.
Native Instruments is offering a special crossgrade deal on Kontakt 3 for GigaStudio users.
- Special Crossgrade Offer for owners of any version of GigaStudio™
- Get the powerful KONTAKT 3 for just $279/249€ instead of $449/399€ for the full version!
- Order the Crossgrade in the Online Shop and use this form to submit your GigaStudio™ proof of purchase.
- Or simply present your GigaStudio™ proof of ownership to your local dealer to get the KONTAKT 3 Crossgrade there.
Visit Native Instruments for more information.