Vienna Symphonic Library has announced the release of two new collections for the Vienna Special Editions, its entry-level orchestra packages.
The Vienna Special Editions offer a large-scale orchestra and more at your fingertips, in resource-saving, affordable packages. They are available in four BUNDLES, six COLLECTIONS and 14 individual instrument SECTIONS (Strings, Woodwinds, Brass, Percussion & More, Keyboards & Guitars) that may be purchased separately.
New Vienna Special Edition libraries
- Special Edition Vol 3 (“Appassionata & Muted Strings”) – Apart from the lush and cinematic Appassionata Strings with a wide variety of playing techniques in normal and muted variations, the Special Edition Volume 3 focuses on “con sordino“ (muted) recordings of the Solo Strings and Chamber Strings. Additionally, you’ll find an alternative Harp to the one included in the Special Edition Volume 1. All instruments include Vienna Symphonic Library’s famed Legato Performances – real note transitions, smoothly and authentically performed by the algorithms of the Vienna Instruments software player.
- Special Edition Vol 4 (“Special Winds & Choir”) features 15 woodwind and brass instruments that are not included in the Special Edition Volumes 1–3, such as the “Fanfare Trumpets” (a powerful ensemble of 6 trumpets), bass flute and contrabass clarinet. What’s more, the most important articulations of our Vienna Choir are included, covering the full range of the human voice with soprano, alto, tenor and bass ensembles. Add another dimension and a very human touch to your music, especially to your orchestral scores!
The new Special Edition collections are available to purchase at the introductory price of 325 EUR (Vol 3) and 245 EUR through June 15, 2012.
More information: Vienna Symphonic Library / Special Edition Collection
Best Service has released Desert Winds, a sample library by Eduardo Tarilonte.
Welcome to DESERT WINDS, another sample library from Eduardo Tarilonte, the creator of “Epic World” and “Forest Kingdom”, featuring 21 exotic and oriental soundscapes based on four unique ethnic solo wind instruments. It’s a perfect tool for composers and sound designers to create ambience and music for films, documentaries, video games and new age music.
A wonderful collection of sounds from the sands of time.
Desert Winds is a 2.5 GB library with more than 2000 individual samples. In Desert Winds you will find up to 6 different real legato types per instrument, deep sampling, amazing playability.
For each of the wind instruments you will find a microtuning folder with 16 patches featuring the most important arabic/turkish microtuning tables.
Thanks to the Best Service Engine 2 you will enjoy a beautiful and easy to use interface. Get easy real-time control over all the important performance parameters.
Additionally the library offers 21 beautiful and inspiring bonus soundscapes to create cinematic and evolving desert ambiences. Every soundscape offers 2 to 6 different individual layers which can create indefinite new ambiences by mixing them at will.
Desert Winds is available to purchase for 149 EUR.
More information: Best Service / Desert Winds
Loopmasters has released World Woodwind Series – Clarinet, the first Bundle of the ultra special World Woodwind Series by EarthMoments that explores the many woodwind instruments of the world.
The lush Clarinet Bundle is a must-have library of long and organic, ethnic clarinet loops played by exceptional musicians.
The Clarinet Bundle evokes a warm range of cultural emotions from the classical to the ethnic – Eastern European Jewish Klezmer and Balkan to Middle Eastern, from down tempo to upbeat. The clarinet entered Klezmer music in the second half of the nineteenth century, introduced by Jewish musicians from military bands, and usually plays the lead melody part in Klezmer bands.
Optimised with the closest attention to detail, the Clarinet Bundle samples have been recorded using tube Pre-Amps and Mics on 96kHz.
World Woodwind Series – Clarinet features
- 24-bit audio quality, 389MB content.
- Over 246 Clarinet Loops and samples.
- Ableton Live 8+ pack available separately.
World Woodwind Series – Clarinet is available to purchase from Loopmasters for £19.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / World Woodwind Series – Clarinet
Wallander Instruments has announced the release of Wivi Band – The Virtual Instrument, a virtual instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Following the success of Wivi Band for iPhone, with over 100,000 downloads in the iTunes App Store, Wallander Instruments now presents its latest software instrument: Wivi Band – The Virtual Instrument.
Wivi Band for Mac/PC is an easy-to-use, low-cost yet powerful software instrument, dedicated to wind instruments. It includes 10 modelled brasses and woodwinds (trumpet, trombone, french horn, tuba, flute, clarinet, oboe, bassoon, tenor saxophone and soprano recorder). All instruments can be played solo or in sections of up to 8 players with automatic divisi.
The sound engine behind Wivi Band is the same high-quality engine used to power the world-renowned synthesis/modeling software WIVI, but the instruments are wrapped behind an intuitive and easy-to-use interface with only the features you need, right where you need them. The software loads super-fast, and all instruments have fluent, continuous dynamics that can be controlled using the mod wheel, an expression pedal or even performed with a breath controller.
Wivi Band is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) for $149 USD.
More information: Wallander Instruments
Loopmasters has released Indian Emotions, a sample pack featuring Indian strings and woodwinds by EarthMoments.
The essential strings and woodwinds package has been optimised with the closest attention to detail, staying true to the sound with authentic royalty free samples. The vocals samples were recorded using tube Pre-Amps and Mics on 96kHz in studios across India.
This unique sample pack has been created and maximised to the highest standards, exclusively delivered by top Indian vocalists in the Indian music scene today, and can be used to create a variety of styles with Indian vocals signatures.
India Emtions features
- 785MB content, Wav 24 bit / 44.1khz quality.
- 567 samples of a range of known and unknown Indian instruments: Bhapang, Ektara, Dotara, Dilruba, Esraj, Santoor, Sarangi, Sarod, Sitar, Slide Guitar, Veena, Vichitra Veena, Violin, Bansuri flute, Flute and Harmonium.
- Recorded on 96kHz using Class A preamps and Tube mics at Clementine studios in Chennai.
Indian Emotions is available to purchase for £29.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / EarthMoments Indian Emotions
HV Synth Design has announced the release of Total Flute, a collection of three new wind instrument plug-ins for Windows.
Total Flute features three very realistic sounding VSTi’s: a piccolo, a standard/alto/bass flute, and a (Contra)Bass flute. So there are two bass flutes (one more dark, one more bright).
Total Flute features
- Breath Pressure: via MIDI Learn you can choose the controller you want to use for breath pressure.
- Breath/bore noise (MIDI Learn).
- Amount of the noise + the ‘color’.
- Vibrato (aftertouch or MIDI Learn).
- Flutter tongue (MIDI Learn).
- Pitch Bend (in flute parlando it is called lip bending: when you go up, the tone becomes louder, when you go down, to tone becomes softer).
- The standard/alto/bass and piccolo flute have also a parameter for dynamic instability (when a flutist plays long notes, it is hard to keep the tone stable).
Total Flute is available for Windows PC (VST), priced at $99 USD. A trial version (the standard/alto/bass flute) is available to download from the HV Synth Design website.
More information: HV Synth Design / Total Flute
Wallander Instruments has announced the release of Orchestral & Band Brass and Woodwinds & Saxophones, two new Standard Edition Collections.
Orchestral & Band Brass is our most extensive collection of brasswinds to date. It contains 64 modelled instruments, with mutes making up a total of 171 models.
The Woodwinds & Saxophones collection contains 105 modelled woodwinds, saxophones and recorders. Including the NEW recorder range and a selection of bonus instruments, such as Bassett Horns and Classical & Baroque Bassoons.
Both bundles include the WIVI Standard Edition for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS).
Orchestral & Band Brass is available to purchase for $499 USD, Woodwinds & Saxophones is $399 USD. Various upgrades are available to registered WIVI users.
More information: Wallander Instruments
Cinesamples has announced the release of Hollywoodwinds, a comprehensive sampling of the orchestral woodwind ensemble.
This library’s collection of scales, runs, phrases, chords, textures, trills, FX and full ensemble patches, will get you thinking again about using woodwinds in your next cue.
- Cinesamples Intelligent Time Engine (Cite) — The groundbreaking new method of sync on the fly. Kontakt will automatically recognize your sequence’s tempo and playback your scales and textures in time (live). In addition all patches using this engine have samples which have been recorded at multiple tempos. Kontakt will automatically and intelligently choose the correct sample and micro adjust it into place- providing incredibly realistic results and leaving the composer to worry about more important things.
- Mic Placements — Choose from exclusively Stage Mic patches or Close Mics patches, or using the hybrid patches create your own custom mix – live with no artifacts. Automate your levels using Kontakt 3.5+ or use our presets. Flavor your mix with the 3 Band EQ pre-sets.
- Notation View — Using Kontakt 3.5+ you can actually visually see the music you are creating, live! The notation window displays incredibly detailed conductor – piano reductions of your current sample being triggered. Very useful for composers, educators and anyone curious.
- Authentic Hollywood Sound — Straight down the chain we have focused our sound to emulate the voice of the Hollywood scoring stages. From the choice of ensemble, the players themselves, the gear, the mix, the orchestrations, the scale tunings,…. the entire concept is planned to sound with that one goal in mind. Plenty of trail/error, score studying, lunch meeting, phone calling and general research was gathered in pre production so we blatantly tried to squeeze all the detail and life we possibly could at the sessions and in post. This is the extra step the great hollywood composers and orchestrator’s provide on a daily basis.
- Keyboard Patches — Our method of using tempo synced pre-records with typical keyboard patches is extremely efficient and realistic. The stacked patches, such as the octaves patch, allow the user to voice the ensemble over several different octaves in an authentic hollywood stack (see user manual for details). And of course there is the tutti patch, featuring everybody playing (including the piccolo). There is a whole other half to the library after you check out the GB’s of pre records.
- 20th Century Textures And Runs — All that creepy stuff the winds do when the spider is attacking, when the beautiful face is morphing, when the eyes turn yellow??? We decided we needed to have that too. From unison ensemble quarter tone bends, to 12 tone cluster stacks to massive collection of Atonal Rips to clarinet “meowing” to multi- piccolo flutters you are sure to find something you need for your track here.
Hollywoodwinds for Kontakt is available for purchase for $299 USD.
More information: Cinesamples / HollyWoodWinds