Arto Vaarala has released version 1.0.8 of its Kirnu Cream MIDI performer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Kirnu Cream is a very powerful MIDI performer VST/AU plugin for Windows and Mac. It works on both 32 and 64 bit systems. Cream is intended to be used in both live and offline DAW usage.
Changes in Cream v1.0.8
- New: MIDI FX plugin for Logic X.
- Improved overall loop playing problems.
- Improved AU plugin MIDI connection scheme. Cream connects automatically to the first IAC Bus it finds.
Kirnu Cream for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) costs 35 EUR.
More information: Kirnu Cream
Soundtrack Loops has launched Rowdy Bass & Arpeggiators, a collection of loops and one shots.
Rowdy Bass & Arpeggiators is a speaker thrashing arsenal of some of the heaviest and nastiest sounds for producing Rowdy Drops, Dubstep, Funkstep, Brostep, Drum n Bass, and Hard Electro.
This is not a set of premade songs busted out into construction kits. This is a large set of loops and samples for the sound designer at heart. Drop them in your mix for instant dirt or slice them up, pitch shift the,, add a wow filter with automation, distortion, and compression to make them your own.
There are in total 210 loops, 170 One-shots (synth and drums), and 5 midi files. Folders are arpeggiators, Basses, Drums, Video Game Synths, Screamers, SFX, Sirens, Synths, and Voice FX. Tempos range from 140 – 190 BPM. BPM and Key information is included in the file names as well as the metadata. Pristine 24 bit 44.1 kHz Stereo files. It’s time to get rowdy.
The sample pack costs $24.95 USD.
More information: Soundtrack Loops / Rowdy Bass & Arpeggiators
Plughugger has announced the release of Red, a new soundset for the Access Virus TI and Snow synthesizers, aimed squarely for dance music productions.
There are 128 sounds in the collection divided into four major categories: bass, plucks, pads and sequences(!).
Although the Virus doesn’t have a built-in sequencer (at least not in the v5 of the operating system), we used some tricks with its very capable arpeggiator to simulate the functionality of a real step sequencer.
Virus TI Red features
- 128 presets for the Access Virus TI & Snow:
- Bass sounds: Dark, Big, Snappy, Interval, Acid-style, Distorted.
- Plucked sounds: Bright, Interval, Soft.
- Pads: Bright, Soft, Big.
- Sequences: Bass sequences, Interval sequences, Plucked/Lead synth sequences.
Virus TI Red is available to purchase for 9.90 EUR. A free demo bank with 10 presets is available to download.
More information: Plughugger / Virus TI Red
Josh Levy has released the Tick Tick Step Sequencer, a pattern sequencer Rack Extension for Reason.
Tick Tick is a polyphonic button-style step sequencer designed to control your BOOM 808 Percussion Synth as well as other Reason drum machines, and monophonically send notes to other Reason synthesizers and devices.
Chain multiple Tick Tick units together, each with its own pattern, to create complex combinations, and even entire songs.
Tick Tick includes a full beat pack by Reason Refill maker -008′. Also included are contributed demo beats, combis, and over 1,500 scales and modes.
Tick Tick Step Sequencer features
- 16 note polyphonic step sequencer, with editable names and assignable midi notes.
- Up to 32 steps per pattern, from whole notes to 1/128th notes.
- Shuffle control.
- Forward, reverse, pendulum and random repeat modes.
- Two velocity levels.
- Chain multiple units together to create whole songs or complex patterns.
- Automation and cv control for starting and stopping.
- Individual cv outs for each instrument.
- Massive beat pack by -oo8’.
- More than 1,500 scale and mode patches for use as a note sequencer or arpeggiator.
- Run and stop controls for previewing Tick Tick patterns.
The Tick Tick Step Sequencer is available to purchase at the Propellerhead Shop for 32 EUR.
More information: Josh Levi / Tick Tick Step Sequencer
, Pulse Code
Posted in news
on Sep 13, 2013 - 1 comment
Pulse Code has announced the release of Modular, a modular synthesizer app for iOS.
Modular, the ultimate synthesizer that will revolutionize your sound.
Modular looks, acts, and sounds like a hardware modular synthesizer to give you features that musicians want such as pulse width modulation, oscillator sync, 4 pole ladder filters, and 1v/oct filter tracking. Traditional modular systems are expensive and out of reach for the average artist. Modular is here to bridge that gap and allow everyone the opportunity to use these powerful synthesizers.
What makes modular special is the audio and visual experience you have with it. The beautifully minimal menu systems and interface, and the ultra-realistic synthesizer graphics are just the beginning. The real beauty is not what you see, but what you hear. Pristine and punchy oscillators that sound great, even at the extreme ends of the frequency spectrum. It starts with band-limited oscillators. Not just traditional methods of band-limiting, but band-limiting that enables each note you play to have the maximum number of harmonics without distorting.
- High fidelity, virtual analog synthesis, using bandlimited oscillators and oversampled filters.
- Audiobus and background audio modes.
- CoreMIDI control with external devices or internal sequencers.
- Beautifully rendered graphics.
- Dynamic workspace with intuitive navigation.
- Optional modules available individually or as a Module Bundle.
- 10-octave keyboard with classically styled arpeggiator.
- Extensive in app help with detailed module descriptions and guides.
- Record and export live performance to Soundcloud, Audio Copy, email and iTunes file sharing.
The Modular app for iOS is a free download at the iTunes App Store. Modules are available as in-app purchases for $0.99 USD each or $4.99 USD for all modules currently available.
More information: Pulse Code / Modular
P5Audio has launched Twerk Arps, a collection of synthesizer arp loops.
Featuring 114 organically crafted synth arpeggio loops, designed to inspire club Twerking Hip Hop beats. All loops have been layered, processed and formatted for your favorite DAW.
Twerk Arps features
- 114 individual synth arpeggio style loops.
- Provided in 16 bit 44.1 kHz ACID WAV, Apple Loop and REX2 formats.
- Designed using class A processing equipment, these custom crafted and layered synth sounds providing one-of-a-kind unique timbres and effects.
- Loop ideas range from 2 to 8 bar phrases.
- Tempos include: 75, 76, 80, 100, 120, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145 and 150 BPM.
- All of these loops are 100% royalty free.
- All tempos and key signatures are provided.
The Twerk Arps is on sale for $17.49 USD.
More information: P5Audio / Twerk Arps
Tek’it Audio has released version 1.2 of its Arp-EG classic MIDI arpeggiator for Windows.
Arp-EG classic 1.2 comes with a fast gate mode improving the gate control precision, three bugs fixed, five new presets and an improved user interface. Using Arp-EG classic you can play arpeggio on all your VST instrument and your hardware synth (using your DAW MIDI out).
Use the six playback mode and the four octave range to create complex arpeggio, speed up or slow down your arp sync on the beat of your DAW.
Changes in Arp-EG Classic v1.2
- BUG Fixed selected MIDI channel don’t work in some cases.
- BUG Fixed undo value sent to transpose on plug-in initialization.
- BUG Fixed wrong transpose value on some presets.
- Added Fast note gate mode.
- Added 5 new presets.
- GUI Modified screen color to gray.
- GUI Improved random and Undo icons.
- GUI improved Transpose knob graduation.
- DEMO the plug-in now work without limitations for 10 minutes.
- User Manual updated.
Arp-EG classic for is available to purchase for 16 EUR / $20 USD (Windows VST).
More information: Tek’it Audio / Arp-EG classic