Bitword has announced the release of Cobalt Blue, a sound library for Native Instruments Kontakt 4.
Cobalt Blue is a collection of timbres for film, Post, Video Games and general Multimedia Sound Design. Inspired by metal ore and processed with a hardware granulator, these timbres are intended to be moody, mysterious, and blue.
Source material ranges from metal impacts, scrapes, data taps, voice, synthesis, and other sounds intended to provide a diverse range of tones and timbres for use as percussive accents, beds, drones and pads.
The included 147 Patches are programmed to give the most of each oscillator set. Heavy modulations to subtle adjustments are designed to make this an asset to professional sound designers, and modern composers alike.
The sound library is available to purchase for $49 USD. Requires Kontakt 4+ full version.
More information: Bitword / Cobalt Blue
Bitword has announced BOLTx Volume 1, a loops sample library.
Data taps, machinery, synthesis, studio and field recordings make up this collection of loops. Each loop set is rendered with the full loop, minus hats, and then the individual components. You can swap in a snare or percussion part from one loop to another, change hat patterns, and even slice up the part in your favorite DAW to rearrange things all together.
Volume one of BOLTx is composed at the tempos 100, 120, and 145bpm, providing a large span of feelings to explore. Each tempo is packed in it’s own folder, making it easy to navigate the data set.
The loops are provided in industry standard WAV and Apple Loops AIF. Just drop some BOLTx in a track and you are on your way to building something new.
The sample pack costs $39 USD.
More information: Bitword / BOLTx Volume 1
Bitword has announced a Spring Sale, offering discounts on its product catalog.
It’s a little late on the calendar, but the good weather has just arrived here in Chicago, so it’s time for a SPRING SALE!
Until the end of April, save 33% off on all titles at www.bitword.com
At checkout just enter the coupon code SPRING2011, and your total will be adjusted.
More information: Bitword
Bitword has announced the release of Oxide 128 Volume Two, a new sample library.
Harder and more caustic than before, Oxide Loops Volume 2 is Industrial flavored Electro for the masses. Heavy processing and extensive use of found sound make this collection something unique and the perfect spice to add to any composition. It can also stand it’s own ground as a construction kit, or as a basis for something new.
Bitword Oxide 128 – Vol 2 features
- Total of over 700 loops:
- 236 Bottoms
- 235 Hats
- 246 Tops
- Loops are in industry standard AIF / WAV for compatibility with all major DAWs.
- All content is 24bit / 44.1khz.
Oxide 128 Volume Two is available to purchase as a download for $39 USD.
More information: Bitword / Oxide 128 Volume Two
, Dom Kane
, drum machine
, instrument plugins
, Richard Devine
, Sample Magic
, Sample Squad
, Steve Duda
, Xfer Records
Posted in news
on Apr 14, 2010
Xfer Records has released Nerve, a virtual drum machine instrument for Windows and Mac.
Nerve is a software drum machine which brings powerful beat creation and manipulation to your Host Sequencer. Nerve runs as a VSTi or AudioUnit plugin. Nerve was designed and coded by veteran dance music producers, with a diverse sample library included from many of todays top sound designers. Create your own beats entirely from scratch using sounds you already have (AIF/WAV/REX/RX2/AKAI .SND), or utilize the factory-included Drum Kits, Presets, Patterns, and Sounds.
- Powerful Internal Step Sequencer – Nerve has an ergonomic mouse-driven Step Sequencer which allows you to program beats visually or by clicking rhythmically, with minimal mousing.
- Compact, hassle-free interface – Everything you frequently want to control is instantly accessible in Nerve – no fumbling and excessive paging around to get things sounding how you want, in a window which won’t consume your entire screen real-estate.
- Thousands of Original Sounds Included – Nerve contains a large, comprehensive 2-Gigabyte library containing full presets, drumkits, patterns, one-shots, and loops made by a variety of world-class sound designers, including SampleMagic, PowerFX, Richard Devine, Dom Kane, SampleSquad, Bitword, Noise Inc., and many others, catering to a wide variety of musical genres.
- Sculpt your own original sounds – you can drag-and-drop soundfiles you already have on your hard disk (WAV/AIF/REX/RX2/AKAI SND format) and audition different samples instantly using navigation buttons. Random sample selection from the current folder (for one or all pads) is possible with hotkeys, for exploration of new sound combinations effortlessly. On-board editing with 22 simultaneous pre-calculated DSP types allows you to slice/trim, sculpt, stretch, and bend and re-synthesize sounds into completely new sounds, with no play-time CPU expense.
- Slice and Re-arrange loops – Nerve allows for a single pad to contain up to 16 slices of a loop, with adjustable slice points, which will automatically get read from REX/RX2 files. For traditional WAV/AIF loops, three different user-selectable time-stretching options are available (slice+fill, granular stretch, resample) to get your loop to match your host sequencer BPM.
- Let your Rhythms Groove + Gel – Nerve allows you to extract the timing + level information from a REX/RX2 loops, and have this apply to all of the rhythms with a single mouse gesture. You can store swing presets for future use.
- Performance-Oriented features – Nerve features a unique Repeater control which allows you to re-trigger one or more pads on-the-fly to create fills and variations on-the-fly. Trigger / Re-trigger patterns with the mouse or MIDI notes. Re-triggered portions can be automatically ‘sent’ to a different output pair for additional external processing on those specific moments. Unlike audio-based buffer-repeating effects, Nerve’s Repeater will follow swing/groove feel on a global level, maintaining your groove. Furthermore, re-triggered steps will also generate new MIDI-out notes, if using Nerve for controlling external samplers, etc.
- Realtime Sculpting Control – Each pad contains a unique ‘fat’ 2x-oversampled State Variable Filter. Flexible LFOs allowing you to make parts vary over time (pan/level/cutoff/reso/sample start), allowing for parts to sound more fluid. MultiStage Envelopes with tension curves allow for dynamic sculpting with high precision. A unique GATE parameter allows the envelope length to rescale, sequenced per-step and/or controlled/automated externally. * Internal Sidechain-input Compressor – get your beats to pump without all of the in-host bussing hassle.
- Pad Independence – Each pad can optionally run its own pattern chain, length, and randomize, making it very easy to create polyrhythms / polymetric beats giving your music productions interesting, unique flair.
- Multiple Output capability – (8 stereo pairs) allow you to separate various parts of the beat for external mixing/processing.
- MIDI support (both input and output) – control Nerve from a MIDI controller using assignable MIDI notes. Control Nerve parameters from MIDI CC messages. MIDI Out control allows you to use Nerve as a “sequence engine” to generate notes/CC’s in unique ways / control or layer other synths and samplers.
Nerve is available to purchase as an instrument plug-in for PC and Mac (VST/AU), priced at $199 USD. A 20-minute demo version can be downloaded from the Nerve product page (only includes minimal content, saving is disabled).
More information: Xfer Records / Nerve