Binary Music has announced the release of Energy Bow Guitar, an expressive sample instrument of an E-Bowed guitar.
The Energy Bow Guitar library is an expressive Kontakt instrument made from recordings of a Fender American Standard Strat played with an E‑Bow. Sampled chromatically from a drop tuned D2 to A5. We fitted a Seymour Duncan Little ’59 humbucker for extra sustain and everything was recorded cleanly through an Inward Connections Vac Rac 4000 pre-amp.
Energy Bow Guitar features
- Chromatically sampled.
- Clean samples with three round-robins per note.
- ‘Character’ samples with three round-robins. These are still non-distorted samples, but feature the bow occasionally touching the strings and other performance blips and can be selected by a key switch.
- Harmonic samples with three round-robins. The modulation wheel can be used to crossfade into them.
- Release samples.
- Tempo syncable LFOs for vibrato and tremolo.
- Sample start offset to enable faster phrases.
- All samples were recorded in 24 bit at 44.1kHz.
Energy Bow Guitar for Kontakt is available for purchase for £17 GBP/21 EUR/$23 USD including VAT in the EU.
More information: Binary Music
Sonic Zest has launched eBow Mandolin, a virtual mandolin instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The eBow (energy bow) is a hand held string resonator, that uses an electromagnetic field to produce a clean bow sound. The device is held over the string being played, the eBow’s magnetic begins to vibrate the string.
Mandolin’s, like other plucked stringed instruments, typically have a short attack and a short sustain. The result of eBowing a mandolin is a very slow attack followed by an infinite sustain. The eBow is therefore a powerful tool in unleashing a new sound from this classic instrument.
eBow Mandolin features
- A completely unique Kontakt instrument of a Mandolin being eBowed.
- Features both legato and polyphonic patches.
- Instantly playable.
- 50 MB download (113 MB when extracted).
- 2x round robins.
- Full Kontakt required.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $16 USD.
More information: Sonic Zest / eBow Mandolin
Wavesfactory has announced the release of 2Ebow, an ebow sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The EBow is a hand-held, battery-powered electronic device for playing the electric guitar, invented by Greg Heet in 1969. Instead of having the strings hit by the fingers or a pick, they are moved by the electromagnetic field created by the device, producing a sound reminiscent of using a bow on the strings.
We sampled sustain and release notes from 2 guitars, acoustic and electric, using an ebow. With this instrument you can achieve a wide range of sounds because of its built in effects controllable directly from the GUI (rendered in 3D).
Wavesfactory 2Ebow for NI Kontakt (Acoustic).
- Ebow, with acoustic and electric guitars sampled.
- Includes sustain and release samples.
- WAV files (44.1 KHz/24 bit).
- Custom script with 3D GUI and built-in effects.
- 25 impulse responses.
- Pads, textures and melodies.
- For Kontakt 4.2.3. Full version of Kontakt required. Kontakt Player will run in demo mode.
- 210 Mb installed.
The sample library is available for 14.95 EUR.
More information: Wavesfactory / 2Ebow