AudioFront has announced version 18.104.22.168 of its MIDI Expression firmware and control application.
MIDI Expression is a pedal to USB MIDI interface.
This update brings a new mode for sustain pedals and footswitches called Control Change Dual CC, allowing a single pedal to send two different MIDI messages depending on how long it’s pressed.
The updated MIDI Expression features dual CC mode.
Changes in MIDI Expression v22.214.171.124
- New Features:
- Dual CC mode.
- Factory Reset Button.
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed an issue with supporting the Berhinger FCV100.
- Fixed toggle mode host synchronization.
- Fixed lag while device saves internal presets.
MIDI Expression costs $49 USD.
More information: MIDI Expression
Audiofront has announced MIDI Expression, a USB pedal interface.
MIDI Expression is a very compact class compliant USB MIDI device that allows different types of pedals to interface with your computer. Pedal sensing technolgy built into the device detects the type of pedal plugged in and automatically adjusts its settings to support that device.
MIDI Expression has four built-in configurations or presets–one for expression pedals, one for sustain pedals, one for hihat controllers, and one for footswitches. When you plug-in a pedal, the MIDI Expression detects its type and automatically loads the corresponding configuration. A software configuration application can be used to change a number of settings for each of the configurations including, Chan, CC, and response curve and more. All settings are stored in the device itself for portability.
MIDI Expression features
- Pedal Sensing Technology detects the type of pedal plugged in and reconfigures the device to ensure optimal performance and compatibility.
- Graphical preset editor.
- Editable expression curves.
- Compact portable design.
- Class Compliant (no driver required).
MIDI Expression is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: AudioFront / MIDI Expression
TK Audio releases the Transceiver, a four channel insert station.
The Transceiver is a four channel universal interface between balanced and unbalanced gear. Each channel has a send level and a 0-20dB gain for the returns. A polarity switch is also provided on the return channels.
TK Audio Transceiver (click image for full version).
- Hook up your guitar pedals and old tape-echos to your DAW or console inserts.
- Use it as a linebox for your bass, keyboard and guitar.
- Also a perfect tool when you like to hook up your bass directly to your favourite pre’s mic input.
- Transceiver is also a very useful re-amp tool.
- Use your studio gear on stage by using the transceiver as a driver then route the balanced signal back through the transceiver to get an unbalanced instrument level back again.
The Transceiver has a list price of 740 EUR / $980 USD / £610 GBP ex VAT.
More information: TK Audio / Transceiver
Expert Sleepers has announced the release of the ES-3 mk2, a new version of its popular ES-3 Lightpipe/CV Interface Eurorack module.
The ES-3 is a Eurorack format module which converts eight channels of ADAT Lightpipe input to DC coupled outputs on 3.5mm jacks, for the ultimate convenience in connection of a DAW directly to analogue synthesizers.
The outputs can be used as control voltages (CVs), for example with software such as Expert Sleepers Silent Way, and can also be used as audio outputs at high, modular synth-compatible levels.
With the ES-3, a single optical cable is all that is need to bring direct CV control from your DAW right into the heart of a modular system.
The ES-3 mk2 adds two headers to the PCB for connection to as yet unannounced expansion modules.
ES-3 mk2 modules are available to purchase for MSRP £159 GBP + VAT.
More information: Expert Sleepers / ES-3 mk2
Motu has announced it is once again shipping the MIDI Express XT, a 128-channel USB MIDI interface for Mac and Windows.
You get plug-and-play USB connectivity to any computer, sub-millisecond MIDI timing accuracy, 8 separate MIDI inputs, 9 MIDI outputs, sync features, a foot switch input, and tons of MIDI processing, including routing, merging, and muting.
Designed and engineered for both personal and professional use, the Express XT now includes support for 23.976 SMPTE time code and ships with completely updated ClockWorks software for Mac OS X and Windows 7/Vista.
The MIDI Express XT can be used in a wide variety of applications, including:
- Comprehensive MIDI connectivity for small, medium, and large recording studios.
- MIDI programming features for live performance.
- Time code synchronization for audio, video, and broadcast applications.
- Multi-output MIDI streaming for industrial applications such as robotics automation control systems.
The MIDI Express XT supports Mac OS X (10.5 or later) and Windows 7/Vista. The MIDI Express XT is now shipping, priced at $395 USD.
More information: Motu / MIDI Express XT