Steinberg has announced the release of version 1.7.2 of its Cubasis multitouch sequencer app for the iPad.
This maintenance update solves many user-reported issues and is highly recommended for all users of Cubasis.
Changes in Cubasis v1.7.2
- Audio track playback performance has been drastically increased on all devices.
- Audio track freeze.
- Setup option to enlarge the audio recording buffer has been added.
- New latency setup option added (IO buffer size can be adjusted between 128/256/512).
- Maximum polyphony has been increased to a value of 128.
- New tracks will now be created below the selected track.
- CPU/Polyphony display has been overhauled (please refer to In-App help for more details).
- Newly created audio files appear highlighted in the MediaBay.
- A new overlay informs about imported files (replacing the previous popup).
- Separating files for tracks in mixdown now includes track names for each file.
- The touchable area of the preset selection arrows in Micrologue and Micro Sonic has been improved.
- Cycle mode is automatically activated when setting the locators to the selection by long tapping an event.
- Creating an event by double tapping in the arrange window area now automatically selects the corresponding track.
- MIDI tracks assigned to “No Instrument” now display drum pads instead of chord pads as an alternative to the keyboard.
- Several minor usability improvements.
- Fixed: CB-1308 Disabling solo states restores the states of previously muted tracks.
- Fixed: CB-1451 Fixes an issue where glitches occurred when an IAA app was connected during playback.
- Fixed: CB-1456 The loading time of Cubasis projects that contain IAA apps has been lowered.
- Fixed: CB-1459 Fixes an issue where Inter-App Audio effects were ignored when performing a mixdown.
- Fixed: CB-1455 Fixes an issue where a mixdown or freeze of certain Inter-App Audio instrument apps lead to detuned audio material.
- Fixed: CB-1448 The iOS keyboard now closes automatically when the help screen is closed.
- Fixed: CB-1463 Transferring Mod wheel commands via MIDI out now works as expected.
- Fixed: CB-1464 Fixes a rare phenomenon where the preview of audio files (e.g. a mixdown) in the MediaBay played an outdated version of the file.
- Fixed: CB-1468 Fixes a rare phenomenon where audio tracks continued to play after the playback had been stopped.
- Fixed: CB-1453 Cycle playback on slower devices no longer results in unwanted audible clicks or crackles.
- Fixed: CB-1484 Fixes a rare issue where the instrument rack fails to open fully.
- Fixed: CB-1486 Fixes a rare issue where loading of duplicated snapshot project files fails.
- Fixed: CB-1501 MIDI input for multiple tracks on the same channel now works as expected.
- Fixed: CB-1502 AudioCopy of files that are not in 44.1kHz 16-bit format now works as expected.
The Cubasis app is available to purchase for $49.99 USD. The version 1.7.2 update can now be downloaded on the Apple App Store.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis
Kymatica has launched Sector, a stochastic sample slice sequencer for iPad.
Slice and sequence your loops with a network of markov-chain connections. Introduce order with the probability-based coin-flipping pattern sequencer. Bend time with warp functions for glitches and modulations. Tweak and trigger in real time performance. Get anything between rigid control and random chaos.
Sector v0.9 features
- High quality 32-bit audio engine.
- Stream audio to other apps in Audiobus or Inter-App Audio.
- Import samples and loops from AudioShare or using “Open in” from other apps.
The next update will feature MIDI clock sync and in-app recording and exporting of loops.
Sector for iPad is available to purchase for $6.99 USD.
More information: Kymatica / Sector
Wolfgang Palm has announced the release of version 2.0 of PPG WaveMapper, a synthesizer instrument for iOS.
In final development the PPG WaveMapper offers iPad users a second synthesiser to compliment the already loved PPG WaveGenerator from Wolfgang Palm. PPG WaveMapper allows the user the opportunity to create limitless sounds from this unique and powerful new technology.
PPG WaveMapper features the Sound Map, which maps the various sounds in a way to easily access and experiment with them, more importantly the PPG WaveMapper features a new synthesis system which maps the waveforms of a sound into a new kind of wavetable which preserves the sound characteristics better than classic Wavetable synthesis and at the same time allows for the manipulations which make WT synthesis so unique.
Changes in PPG WaveMapper v2.0
- Inter-app Audio (IAA) with MIDI.
- Load audio files from Media Library – Analysis page.
- Wavetable exchange via pasteboard with WaveGenerator.
- App switching with WaveGenerator.
- Audiobus 188.8.131.52 compatible.
- Minor bug fixes.
The app is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Wolfgang Palm / PPG WaveMapper
Holderness Media has launched Stereo Designer, an easy to use multi-purpose stereo shaper and Mid/Side processing effect for iPad.
Designed for use with the Audiobus app, Stereo Designer lets you easily sculpt the stereo image of input sources such as vocals, guitar and synths. Create unique wide stereo images, stereoize a mono input, apply mid/side processing and more.
Stereo Designer also works as an Inter-app Audio effect inside hosts such as AudioShare, Auria, Cubasis and Apple’s own Garageband.
Stereo Designer features
- Control individual Left/Right channel volume, panning, filter and more.
- Mid/Side (M/S) processing mode lets you adjust the volume, high and low pass filters for Mid and Side independently.
- Widen or reduce the stereo width of an input signal.
- Independent panning position of each channel, allowing for interesting stereo placement.
- Individual High and Low Pass filter per channel for additional stereo shaping.
- Phase (polarity) invert Left/Right channels.
- Isolate the Left or Right channel and manipulate the resulting mono signal.
- “Stereoize” mono inputs using individual channel delay + High and Low Pass filters.
- Sum Left and Right channels to mono.
Stereo Designer is now available on the App Store for $2.99 USD.
More information: Holderness Media / Stereo Designer
Posted in news
on Feb 12, 2014 - 0 comments
Zerodebug has announced the release of touchAble Mini, which takes the Ableton Live controller app to the iPhone and iPod touch.
Following the release of the revamped touchAble 2 app for iPad , touchAble Mini app brings most of the popular features and flexible workflow of the acclaimed release to the screen of the iPhone and iPod touch. Users have now full control of Ableton Live 8 & 9 in the palm of their hand.
Taking advantage of the complete rewritten code of its big brother touchAble 2 for iPad, touchAble Mini offers a tight, flexible workflow that can be adjusted to suit any Ableton Live users needs, in a very portable format, making it the most appropriated controller for Live in any circumstances.
The App has been perfectly shrunk down to fit the size of the screens found on the iPhone and iPod touch, and some elements such as the Main menu have been specially redesigned to provide a quick access to all the functionalities provided in this powerful pocket version. Combined with its strong integration in Live, its six different modules (Clips, Mixer, Devices, Keys, Pads, XY Pad) and a MDI Clip Editor, touchAble Mini covers every control element of Live’s session view in a very compact and elegant Interface.
touchAble Mini is designed to provide a powerful, intuitive, reliable and portable multitouch control solution for professional use.
touchAble Mini features
- Direct Access to Live’s Library.
- Powerful MIDI clip editing capabilities.
- Complete control of Ableton Live Session View.
- Smart Mixing tools.
- Control of Live Devices, VSTs and Audiounits.
- MIDI Instruments.
- Advanced XY Pad Module.
- Easy and reliable connection.
- Combine several touchAble sessions.
- MIDI hardware connection.
The touchAble mini app is available to purchase for the introductory price of $9.99 USD / 8.99 EUR.
More information: touchAble
Sinevibes has announced the release of Sequential 2.2, an update for its multi-effect sequencer AudioUnit plugin for Mac.
The new version includes multiple enhancements such as revised color scheme for better daylight visibility, round matrix switch shape, and support for sandboxed host apps. Sequential 2.2 is a free update to all existing users.
Also, Sinevibes is happy to announce that Sequential 3.0 is in development. The all-new plugin will add 8 slider/matrix setups per preset, new effects such as flanger and resonator, and a completely new interface taking cues from Sequential for iPad. It is expected to be out in April this year.
Until Sequential 3.0 is released, Sequential can be purchased for a special reduced price of $29 USD (regular $49 USD). All users will receive Sequential 3.0 for free as an update.
More information: Sinevibes / Sequential
Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Jan 27, 2014 - 0 comments
Steinberg has announced the release of its UR44 USB audio and MIDI interface.
The Steinberg UR44 — 6 x 4 USB 2.0 audio & MIDI interface.
With six inputs and four outputs, D-PRE mic preamps and MIDI I/O in a rugged full-metal chassis, the UR44 is designed to suit a huge range of recording and production situations.
The ultra-flexible interface works with PC and Mac computers and can also be used with the iPad for mobile recording. The onboard DSP effects — REV-X Reverb, Sweet Sport Morphing Channel Strip and Guitar Amp Classics* — provide latency-free monitoring and are also included as VST 3 effects.
- 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface with 6 analog Inputs, 4 line outputs plus 2 main outputs and MIDI I/O.
- 4 Class-A D-PRE mic preamps supporting +48 V phantom power and two Hi-Z.
- Rugged full-metal casing for ultimate durability.
- Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with effects and bundled Basic FX Suite VST 3 plug-ins.
- Cross-platform compatibility for Windows, Mac OS X and iOS (with the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit), and Cubase AI music software included.
The UR44 interface is now available to purchase for 349 EUR inc. VAT.
More information: Steinberg / UR44
iMusicAlbum has launched version 2.0 of the Audio Mastering application for Apple’s iPad.
The first fully functional professional quality audio mastering application for iPad. For everyone who wants to take their final mixes to the next level.
Based on high-quality sound processing algorithms, this application turns your iPad into a real mastering studio.
Audio Mastering 2.0 comes with some new color schemes, including this light one.
Changes in Audio Mastering v2.0
- Fully updated 32-bit audio processing algorithms.
- Standard and Advanced processing control modes.
- Parametric equalizer in addition to graphic.
- Spectrum analyzer with switching connection points.
- Switchable crossover frequency for Stereo Imaging.
- Additional controls for Maximizer.
- Separate adjustment of input level reduction.
- Improved controls for presets.
- Compare mode for presets in each track.
- Inter-App Audio supported.
- New color schemes of visual interface.
- Built-in description updated.
The app is available to purchase for $12.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering