Sound Magic has announced version 2.0 of Pianist, a revolutionary effects unit that has been specially designed to give you control of your piano tracks/recordings.
Pianist is designed around a simple 3 step system. First, color your piano sound, changing the darkness or airiness to fit the room, the song, the ideal. Next, adjust the dynamics, change from hard hitting thunder to dancing pianissimo. The special designed compressor here can help you fit your piano track into any style of music! Finally, play with the space – move it around, left and right, create lush reverbs, tighten it up with a small club feel. All of these operations are easy to understand – no complicated technical terms, no engineering degree needed!
Sound Magic’s Pianist lets you shape the sound of your keyboard tracks.
Changes in Pianist v2.0
- New improved algorithm for reverb.
- Add Microphone Modeler feature which.
- New AIR channel will bring life on high frequency.
- Improved position algorithm.
- Better fit for Supreme Piano 3.
- Add A/B Comparison feature.
- rearrange automation names and settings.
- Add help hints to all controls.
- Many minor changes.
Pianist for Windows (VST/Supreme Piano 3 add-on) is available to purchase for 49 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Pianist
Pro Tools Expert has launched a contest in which you have the change to win the Impulse MIDI controller by Novation.
Our friends at Novation have kindly given us a Novation Impulse Controller with Automap 4 as a prize for one lucky member of the community.
To enter, simply click on the Impulse banner on the right of the page, watch the video of Harry Coade putting the Novation Impulse controller keyboard through it’s paces, then tell us (using the form below) which audio interface is shown several times during the video?
The draw ends on October 15th 2012.
More information: Pro Tools Expert
Icebreaker Audio has released its Key-Clicks sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The sound of playing an electronic keyboard that is turned off. A useful tool for adding a layer of tactile realism to software synthesizers, as a sound effect utility, or as unusual percussion.
Icebreaker Audio’s Key-Clicks with custom Kontakt interface.
- A choice of 4 keyboard styles.
- Add dynamic boost with the “Loudness” control.
- Highpass Filter.
- Option to randomize the played sample.
The sample library is available to download at no cost.
More information: Icebreaker Audio / Key-Clicks
Korg has announced its upcoming MicroKorg XL+ synthesizer and vocoder.
With its unmistakably unique exterior and its inimitable sound, the MicroKorg set the standard for analog modeling synthesizers. The year 2008 saw the introduction of the MicroKorg XL, which inherited the MicroKorg ‘s fat and powerful sounds, while adding keyboard staples such as electric piano and CX-3 organ.
And now, in the next evolutionary step, the MicroKorg XL+ delivers a fresh update to the sounds and look of the MicroKorg XL, making it an ideal compact keyboard.
MICRO MAKEOVERS! The all-new MicroKorg XL + is also getting all decked out in limited edition colors for the 10th Anniversary of Micro. Get your hands on an eye-catching black/red or all-black model before they’re all gone. Available through select retailers late November.
MicroKorg XL+ features
- Even more vintage sounds, including the KORG SGproX piano, M1 and VOX organs and well-known “Tape” instruments.
- New program genre selector that reflects the current musical scene.
- New yet nostalgic – black panel “new vintage” design.
- Featuring MMT – the distillation of Korg’s analog modeling technology.
- Vocoder with included gooseneck microphone.
- A powerful Kaoss effects engine – the kind of effects that you would expect from Korg.
- Korg’s proprietary Natural Touch mini-keyboard, designed with an emphasis on playability.
- Battery powered operation is supported for increased portability.
The microKORG XL+ will be available in October 2012, priced at RPP £339.99 ex VAT. The limited edition 10th Anniversary models are scheduled for November.
More information: Korg / MicroKorg XL+
Korg has announced Krome, its new music workstation keyboard.
Offering full-length, unlooped samples of every key for a spectacular piano sound, this new keyboard redefines your expectations for an instrument in this class.
Taking its name from the Greek word meaning “color,” Krome is the new standard for sonic excellence in a gigging musician’s keyboard, providing a limitless palette of sound to bring vivid inspiration your music. Introducing the Krome Music Workstation.
- The Korg workstation ideal for any style of piano playing.
- Kronos-derived full length, unlooped piano and drum sounds, plus new electric pianos designed to shine on stage.
- Electric pianos with eight-level velocity switching for unmatched expressive power.
- Clear, intuitive control with Korg’s exclusive 7-inch color TouchView™ display.
- Drums offering separately mixable direct and ambient sounds for studio-grade quality.
- Drum Track plays back realistic, inspiring grooves at the touch of a button.
- Expertly created, in-demand sounds including 640 Programs and 288 Combinations.
- Powerful Effects with 5 Inserts, 2 Master, and 1 Total FX, plus per track/timbre EQ.
- Distinctive aluminum panel design exudes a sense of quality.
- USB connection to your computer, plus an SD Card slot for data storage.
- You can use the Krome editor to edit sounds on your computer.
- Available in 61, 73, and 88 key models.
The Krome is expected to be released October, 2012. Price TBA.
More information: Korg / Krome
, IK Multimedia
Posted in news
on Aug 31, 2012
IK Multimedia has announced iRig KEYS, the first ultra-slim and highly portable universal MIDI controller keyboard for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Mac/PC.
iRig KEYS connects directly to the iOS device 30 pin dock connector or the USB port on Mac/PC. It features 37 velocity-sensitive mini-keys — 3 full octave range plus one note, that takes up minimal space when used on a desktop, and can easily fit in a backpack or a carry-on bag.
IK Multimedia’s upcoming iRig KEYS, pictured with the iPad.
iRig KEYS features
- iRig KEYS is Core MIDI and USB class compliant for a true plug-and-play experience both with iOS devices or Mac/PC, with no additional app, software or drivers to be installed to have it go and running. For total mobility, iRig KEYS is also an ultra-low power consumption unit.
- iRig KEYS can be used for live performance, songwriting and composition with the included apps and software or with a multitude of other MIDI compatible instruments and recorders on any iOS, MacOS or Windows system.
- iRig KEYS comes complete with two free professional quality virtual instrument apps and software that can be immediately downloaded and played, for a true plug-and-play experience right out of the box.
- For iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, iRig Keys comes with: SampleTank for iPhone or iPad FREE, the virtual sound module including a complete selection of acoustic, electric and electronic instruments and patterns, unlocking 48 bonus instruments in addition of the 20 included with the free version (to be download from the App Store).
- On Mac/PC iRig Keys come with a downloadable version of: SampleTank 2 L the Mac/PC sample workstation, available both as a stand-alone and as a plug-in for most popular DAW (including GarageBand, Logic, ProTools, Cubase, Live, Sonar and more) with 2 GB of samples in every instruments category (to be downloaded from the IK Multimedia online User Area).
Rig Keys will be shipping in Fall 2012 for $99.99 USD / 74.99 EUR (ex. taxes). IK is offering a 10% discount for pre-orders, which are already available on the IK Online Store. Use coupon code MOBILITY when checking out to receive 10% off.
More information: IK Multimedia / iRig KEYS