Related: channel strip
Posted in news
on Feb 27, 2013 - 0 comments
Steinberg has announced the immediate availability of a trial version of its acclaimed Cubase 7 advanced music production system.
Cubase 7 Trial is a 30-day trial version, available as download from the Steinberg website and comprises all the features available in Cubase 7, the award-winning digital audio workstation released in December 2012.
Cubase 7 features
- State-of-the-art music production system used by thousands of professionals around the world.
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 5.1 surround, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation.
- Unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks .
- Superb composing, editing and mixing features with unparalleled multitrack editing and quantizing, take comping and automation tools.
- All-new MixConsole provides the ultimate mixing experience with unmatched flexibility and integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound.
- Comprehensive set of 8 outstanding virtual instruments with over 2,800 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE workstation, Padshop granular synth, Retrologue virtual analog synth, LoopMash 2 and the MPC-style Groove Agent ONE drum machine.
- Complete suite of 66 high-end audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors, including VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite, REVerence convolution reverb, Voxengo CurveEQ and many more.
- VariAudio for MIDI-style note editing of monophonic audio tracks and automatic voicing harmonization and auto-tuning effect.
- Chord Track for easy chord management and re-harmonizing plus intelligent composing assistance for generating beautiful chord sequences.
- VST Expression 2 for unique instrument articulation management and expression control on single-note level .
- Professional music notation and score printing.
- MediaBay file and preset management system.
- Cross-platform 32/64-bit for Windows and Mac OS X.
The Cubase 7 trial version is now available to download for Windows and Mac. It requires the USB-eLicenser dongle.
More information: Steinberg / Cubase
MusicDevelopments has announced version 2.0 of its RapidComposer, a rapid music prototyping software designed for composers, song-writers and musicians of all musical styles. The update features redesigned user interface and improved workflow.
RapidComposer is a rapid music prototyping software designed for composers, song-writers and musicians of all musical styles. Whether you are a seasoned professional or simply ready to take your music to the next level, RapidComposer is the complete solution you need for faster and more productive music composition.
Changes in RapidComposer v2.0
- Rewritten user interface: better usability on small resolutions, still having everything at your fingertips.
- Chords and progressions can be based on scale degrees, several chord notations offered.
- Cut/copy/paste works for phrases.
- Simpler structure editor.
- MIDI drag and drop tracks or composition to DAWs.
- Better reliability – the new recovery feature will recover your composition if the program or a plug-in crashes.
RapidComposer and RapidComposer LE are available at a discounted price of $224 USD/$89 USD until the end of March, 2013.
More information: RapidComposer
wysiwyg* software design has announced the release of Chord Sheets, an iOS app for pop sheets in easy-to-read sheet notation including all verses, bridges and refrains.
More than 300 of the most important pop songs of the 1970s up to the current charts in the form of accessible chord sheets – from Donna Summer to Alicia Keys, ideal for all band musicians and all harmony instruments to accompany singers.
Create your own set lists and transpose the songs in the key of your singer.
The songs are easy to edit and add to, then send to your fellow musicians by email or bluetooth.
You can listen to a sample of the song and make changes without deleting the original as Chord Sheets always keeps a copy.
The app is available to purchase for 4.49 EUR.
More information: Chord Sheets
Notion Music has introduced Progression 2.0, a composition software for guitar, bass and drums.
Progression, the most intuitive tab, notation, songwriting, and composition software for guitar, bass, and drums is back and more powerful than ever. With a brand new design you can now more easily enter tab or notation and hear your music play back with real instrument samples.
Progression makes it easy to create your own guitar tab, lead sheets, and standard sheet music complete with an audio track of you own.
Seamlessly integrated with real audio samples. Guitars samples by Neil Zaza, bass samples by Victor Wooten and drums by Roy “Futureman” Wooten, all recorded at top studios around the world.
Enter notes into Progression with the interactive fretboard, keyboard, or drum pad.
Progression 2 features
- Write guitar tab and notation.
- Real-time updating between tab and notation.
- Custom tab and alternate tunings.
- Supports 7-string guitar and 5-string bass.
- Interactive fretboard, keyboard and drum pad.
- ReWire 64-bit (host and slave).
- VST compatibility.
- Drum patterns included.
- SequencerStaff and Sequencer Overlay.
- Native 64-bit support (Mac OS X and Windows).
- Built-in amp simulator.
- MIDI overdub.
- Integrated audio mixer.
- Export audio, MIDI, MusicXML.
- Save directly to SoundCloud.
- Compatibility with Notion 4, Notion and Progression iPad apps.
- Save as PDF.
- Import MIDI, MusicXML, and Guitar Pro files (version 3-5).
Progression 2.0 for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for the introductory price of $49 USD.
More information: Notion Music / Progression
Steinberg has announced that it is establishing an R&D center in London, United Kingdom, to focus on developing software for the music notation and education markets.
Marketing director at Steinberg, Frank Simmerlein, comments: “Steinberg has a good standing in both the education and composing markets, but we’ve always believed that these markets and its customers deserve the best support we can give. Therefore we are more than delighted to have found the perfect team of extremely talented and experienced individuals to make this possible in the foreseeable future.”
Ben Timms, head of Steinberg’s new London-based R&D team, remarks: “I’m delighted and proud that we are becoming part of the Steinberg family. Our collective expertise combined with Steinberg’s world-leading products and technologies can only mean exciting things for the customers.”
“As musicians, we are very excited to be joining Steinberg, a company whose unrivaled tradition of ground-breaking technologies we have always admired. As a development team, we are looking forward to bringing our extensive experience to bear on a new generation of products, designed by musicians for musicians,” adds Daniel Spreadbury, new product marketing manager for Steinberg.
The London-based office begins its operation in the middle of November, 2012.
More information: Steinberg
Notion Music has launched its Notion 4 notation software for Windows and Mac.
Notion continues to redefine notation software while staying true to its strengths: great playback, a simple easy-to-use interface, enhanced compatibility, and incredible customer service.
Compose, playback, and edit music with a quality and ease of use that must be experienced. No endless levels of menus to find what you need. Notion makes it easy to write your ideas quickly.
Notion provides the best playback of any notation product, with real audio samples performed by the London Symphony Orchestra. Guitar samples by Neil Zaza, bass samples by Victor Wooten, drums by Roy “Futureman” Wooten and much more, all recorded at top studios around the world.
Changes in Notion 4
- Native 64-bit Support (Mac OS X and Windows).
- Interactive Entry Tools (Keyboard, Fretboard, Drum Pad, Chord Library).
- Compatibility with both Notion and Progression iPad Apps.
- ReWire (64-bit) Host and Slave.
- SequencerStaff and Sequencer Overlay.
- MIDI Overdub.
- Built-in Guitar Amp.
- Improved MIDI Input.
- VST and VSTi Compatibility.
- Save as PDF.
- Built-In Integration with VSL Special Edition Plus 1, 2, 3, and 4, Miroslav Philharmonik, and others…
- Save Directly to SoundCloud.
- Improved Compatibility with MusicXML, MIDI, and Guitar Pro Files (ver. 3-5).
- User-Interface Updates and Enhancements.
- And much more…
Notion 4 for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $99 USD.
More information: Notion Music / Notion 4
MakeMusic has announced Finale 2012b, a maintenance update for the notation software for Windows and Mac.
Finale 2012b is a free download for everyone who owns Finale 2012. It includes several new features including automatic range checking, the Finale Lyrics font, EPUB export, a new Aria Player, and more. Finale 2012b also includes more than 60 bug fixes. Visit the update page to see all the details and to download the update.
New in Finale 2012b
- Automatic Range Checking.
- Automatic Octave Adjustments when copying between staves.
- The ability to export EPUB compatible files (viewable on most tablet devices).
- New Finale Lyrics font makes lyrics more legible (even on tablet devices).
- Dozens of improvements that target long-standing customer requests.
Finale 2012b is a free update for registered Finale 2012 users.
More information: MakeMusic