Point Blank Online has announced an online Q&A session with Ashley Beedle of X-Press 2.
On Wednesday 13th April (1pm BST) DJ, producer and remixer Ashley Beedle will be coming into the Point Blank studios in London for a live Q&A session. Topics covered will include his approach to making a living from music in 2011, how X-Press 2 put together their infamous 12 deck DJ set up, what it is like to have a top 10 hit, tour worldwide, and his approach to remixing.
Following on from the success of the recent masterclass from Danny Rampling, the whole session will be streamed live into your living rooms through Point Blank’s livestream channel. Viewers will even have the opportunity to ask Ashley their own questions through the live chat function.
More information: Point Blank Online
, Funk D’Void
, Point Blank
, PSP Audioware
Posted in news
on Mar 18, 2011 - 0 comments
Findremix has announced the Funk D’Void remix contest.
We have teamed up with label Outpost Records to bringing you the chance to remix another top producer: Lars Sandberg AKA Funk D’Void!
Download “Italoca” parts and start remixing! Make sure you become a fan of Funk D’Void on Facebook in order to get qualify to this contest.
Competitors will have a chance to win prizes from Outpost, Crysonic, Point Blank Online, SoundCloud, FXPansion and PSP Audioware.
Closing date for submissions is May 31st 23:59:59 GMT+1 (Central European Time).
More information: Findremix
Sounds To Sample has released The Art of the Remix, a video series by FaderPro featuring 42 HD quality video chapters on remixing with Logic Pro.
A fully comprehensive remix course taught by multi-platinum producer Vincent di Pasquale, breaking down and guiding you through the entire remix process, unlocking the secrets of producing cutting-edge remixes.
Here at S2S we’re passionate about music technology and education. That’s why we’re proud to have the FaderPro team on board. Not many people can make engaging, accurate and useable video content but these guys can – and do.
Presented by award-winning producer Pasquale, whose production credits include Madonna, Nelly Furtado and Mariah Carey, these videos allow you to glean first-hand the tips and techniques for making award-winning music.
Focusing on remix technique, this comprehensive collection of 42 videos (clocking up almost 6 hours of hi-res content) guides you from setting up your project in Logic and finding the key of the original track, all the way through to final touches of automation and mixing of your finished arrangement, with everything from basslines, vocals, musical elements, FX, drums and how to stay organised covered in between.
The Art of the Remix is available to purchase for 71.90 EUR.
More information: Sounds To Sample / FaderPro The Art of the Remix
, Nitrous Oxide
, Prime Loops
Posted in news
on Jan 26, 2011 - 0 comments
Findremix & Anjunabeats have launched a new remix contest, featuring Nitrous Oxide – “Follow You feat. Aneym”.
A mainstay of the Anjunabeats stable ever since he broke through with the anthemic ‘North Pole’ in 2006, Polish artist Nitrous Oxide has become a leading light in the trance scene with Above & Beyond, Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren and Ferry Corsten all supporting his tracks.
Released last year on Above & Beyond’s Anjunabeats, Nitrous Oxide’s debut album ‘Dreamcatcher’ blended his trademark energised trance sound with progressive influences and vocal anthems – with DJmagazine describing him as “a master of rich soundscapes and progressive arrangements.” Now, Nitrous Oxide and Anjunabeats have teamed up with Findremix.com to offer you a chance to remix one of the album’s stand-out tracks – and his forthcoming single – ‘Follow You’ (feat. Aneym).
Grab the stems below, let your studio creativity loose and send us your rework for a chance to secure some awesome prizes from Anjunabeats, Sonalksis, Propellerhead, SoundCloud and PrimeLoops. Closing date for submissions is 14th March.
More information: FindRemix
Related: Andre Christopher Lyon
, IK Multimedia
, Marcello Valenzano
Posted in news
on Jan 18, 2011 - 0 comments
IK Multimedia has announced the release of the GrooveMaker Cool & Dre, a new artist-created GrooveMaker® app for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad, played and composed by Grammy Nominated, BMI award-winning producers, Marcello ‘Cool’ Valenzano and Andre ‘Dre’ Christopher Lyon.
With over 1 million downloads since its release over a year ago, GrooveMaker has become one of the top loop remixing application for the iPhone, iPod Touch and now the iPad. The new installment, GrooveMaker Cool & Dre, allows you to create professional, full-length songs in minutes, with its unique combination of advanced remixing software and high-quality included loops’ sound content.
GrooveMaker Cool & Dre App features
- Massive loops library of drums, bass, bass-drums, lines, pads, percussion, effects.
- West Coast and Dirty South hip-hop style.
- 4 included songs + 1 FREE song when you register.
- 315 loops.
- 89-68.5-67-69-90 BPM.
- 355 MB of samples.
GrooveMaker Cool & Dre for the iPhone/iPod Touch is priced at $7.99/€5.99, the iPad version is $9.99/€7.99. Both are available in the Apple iTunes App Store. A fully functional GrooveMaker FREE version is also available.
More information: IK Multimedia / GrooveMaker Cool & Dre App
Avid has announced the release of VENUE 2.9 software, advancing the art of live sound mixing and recording with enhanced communication between the industry’s leading digital audio workstation (DAW)—Pro Tools®—and VENUE live sound systems through the new VENUE Link feature, along with additional software enhancements.
With VENUE Link, users can eliminate many of the tedious, manual steps involved in making live recordings, and more easily create recordings for Virtual Soundcheck or remixing.
With this release, engineers can also use the new Redundant Output Mode to get more routing and system backup flexibility than ever. The Redundant Output Mode works in conjunction with VENUE option cards to deliver audio output to two Pro Tools systems simultaneously, or even to mixed formats such as Pro Tools and MADI-equipped systems.
VENUE 2.9 features
- Save a tremendous amount of set-up time by creating a Pro Tools session from an existing VENUE show—all track names and routing assignments are created automatically. This also ensures that all tracks are captured with 100% accuracy each and every time.
- Ensure that their Pro Tools session always matches changes to the live show by importing and updating track names from VENUE to an existing Pro Tools session at any time.
- Easily identify key points in the live performance for subsequent remixing or use in Virtual Soundcheck by synchronizing VENUE snapshots with Pro Tools markers.
- Create a backup system and get more routing flexibility with the new Redundant Output Mode, which offers simultaneous recording of up to 64 tracks on two Pro Tools|HD systems for failsafe backup. Users can also record to a local Pro Tools system while also sending audio through MADI to another digital console or audio workstation.
- Get more I/O flexibility at the mix position with the VENUE IOx Option Card, which now works with VENUE Mix Rack—in addition to VENUE FOH Rack— providing a total of eight analog inputs and outputs and eight digital inputs and outputs.
VENUE 2.9 Software is available through VENUE resellers as a $149 USD upgrade for all VENUE owners. The VENUE IOx Option Card is available now through all VENUE resellers.
More information: Avid / VENUE
Point Blank, London, the UK’s premier Music Production college are currently celebrating the global successes of three past students in the Remix arena. Namely: Detboi, Gareth Wyn and Jahawi.
- Detboi (Producer / Remixer & DJ) – After taking the Minimal Techno, Mixing Dance Music and Deep & Soulful House courses at Point Blank Online Music Production School, Detboi saw his crazy brand of tropical flavoured, bass-heavy rave skyrocket to releases on massive labels including Skint, Surface Noise and Herve’s Cheap Thrills. Despite his success, Detboi continues to enrol on Point Blank’s courses and expand his diverse knowledge of dance music production.
- Gareth Wyn (Beyonce & Leona Remixes Released by Sony) – Gareth has remixed Beyonce’s last two singles and Leona Lewis’ recent comeback single ‘Happy’ for Sony and his own tracks have been released on Maelstrom, CR2 and Ministry of Sound, winning acclaim from the likes of Paul van Dyk, Pete Tong and BT.
And he’s continued his highly successful association with Liverpool superclub Cream, with a main room residency in Ibiza and a slamming set at this years Creamfields. The turning point says Gareth was learning with Point Blank’s Danny J Lewis – “That was the course that brought everything together for me and gave me the kick start I needed”. Keep your eyes on the booth and ears to the speaker – Gareth Wyn is on fire!
- Jahawi – Within six months of enrolling at Point Blank, former student Jahawi had two remixes released – for none other than Armand Van Helden!!
“I’d been dabbling in production for a few months before I went to Point Blank. I found that I could get to a certain point, but I couldn’t use the equipment to its full potential. I was getting frustrated. I had all these ideas but I didn’t have the skills to translate what was in my head into music.”
Jahawi didn’t waste any time in putting his new-found skills into practice.
His remixes of Armand Van Helden’s “A Track Called Jack” and “I Want Your Soul.” have been released in the UK by Southern Fried Records and in the US by Ultra Records.
Point Blank’s next 4 week online Remixing Course starts 29th November 2010 featuring exclusive input from these professional remixers: CJ Mackintosh, Phil Asher, Ben Medcalf, Grant Nelson, Gareth Wyn, Mike Koglin and Danny J Lewis. Plus interviews with the following labels: CR2, Freerange, Island Records, Noys and remix assets from Reelgroove.
Limited places for this course are still available. It costs £325 GBP.
More information: Point Blank
, Eelke Kleijn
, Groove 3
, Ourside The Box Music
, Roger Martinez
Posted in news
on Nov 09, 2010 - 0 comments
FindRemix has announced the Roger Martinez – “Moment” Remix Contest.
We are very excited to announce another big remix contest! Run in collaboration with Outside The Box Music Records, the label created by Dutchman Eelke Kleijn, we are offering up the parts for dancefloor killer “Moment” by Roger Martinez. You will qualify to get your remix release on the label, plus prizes by SoundCloud and Groove3, the fantastic music training company.
For those who still don’t know him, Roger’s music has been supported through the years by the likes of Fedde le Grand, Tiësto, Marco V, Paul van Dijk, Hernan Cattaneo and Sander van Doorn. His first ever released record “The House” was immediately charted by Paul van Dijk, number 1 DJ at the time according to DJ Mag. He also played in Spain (Ibiza), Romania, Switzerland, England, Lithuania and many more.
Deadline for submitting your entry is December 12, 2010.
More information: FindRemix