PSP Audioware has announced the release of the PSP L’otary, an emulation of a rotary speaker.
We based our algorithm upon two original and legendary models: the Leslie® 122 and 147, and spent hundreds of hours perfecting our simulations. In other words, this is not just another modulation effect! PSP L’otary is capable of reproducing as precisely as possible the classic sounds of those famous rotary speakers.
That said, the PSP L’otary is capable of creative divergences from the original. For example, you could set up both the rotating high frequency horn and the rotating low frequency drum independently from each other and emulate speakers with a static drum or even a broken horn or drum engine.
POP L’otary for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of $69 USD until February 1st, 2015 (regular $99 USD). Prices ex. VAT.
More information: PSP Audioware / PSP L’otary
MeldaProduction has released MRotary, a versatile rotary simulator plug-in for Windows and Mac.
MRotary is the ultimate rotary simulator, which can deliver not only the great vintage sound, but also futuristic algorithmic sound featuring up to 6 speakers at once.
You can design your own cabinet using any material from wood to glass, process the rotary signal using fully featured dynamic equalizer and much more.
- The most advanced user interface on the market – stylable, resizable, GPU accelerated.
- Unique visualisation engine with classic meters and time graphs.
- 4 exceptionally versatile modulators.
- Adjustable oscillator shape technology.
- 8 multiparameters.
- Tube saturation.
- Smart randomization.
- Automatic gain compensation (AGC).
- Safety limiter.
- Synchronization to host tempo.
- MIDI controllers with MIDI learn.
- Very fast, optimized for SSE/SSE2/SSE3 processors.
- Global preset management and online preset exchange.
- Supports VST, VST3 and AU interfaces on Windows & Mac, both 32-bit and 64-bit.
- No dongle nor internet access is required for activation.
- Free-for-life updates.
MRotary is available for purchase for the introductory price of 29 EUR (regular 99 EUR).
MeldaProduction has also updated its plug-ins to version 8.01.
8.01 fixes and improves several things from 8.00 and it is recommended to install this update.
Changes in version 8.01
- Added tuning to all frequency text input fields.
- Added a style closely resembling version 7.
- Added A-H presets to MAnalyzer and MMultiAnalyzer.
- Added “thick line” switch and a reset button for maximum/infinite analyses to all analyzers.
- Improved active presets GUI.
- Fix: Installer occasionally failed to write certain files on some Mac OS X systems.
- Fix: Double clicking on a slider/button on Mac often opened and immediately closed the text input window.
- Fix: MAnalyzer & MMultiAnalyzer didn’t have the “Set default settings” feature.
- Fix: MLoudnessAnalyzer didn’t store time graph settings.
- Fix: MUltraMaximizer & MMultiBandLimiter did clip even if the master saturator was disabled and upsampling enabled.
- Fix: Meters stopped refreshing when displayed in popup window and collapsed the main container.
- Fix: MSpectralDynamics stopped processing correctly and update analyzer if the RMS length was set to 0ms.
- Fix: Display help in web browser features started generating complete documentation.
- Fix: There were problems in some specific older GPUs.
- Fix: Diff feature wasn’t working properly when the plugin had latency.
- Fix: MDynamics and MMultiBandDynamics didn’t convert into the custom processing shape correctly when maximize signal strength to 0dB was used.
- Fix: Mac OS X is holding fonts files for unknown reasons and the installer was failing there.
- Fix: Graph controls were using numpad numbers 0-9 for zooming, this has been removed as it collides with Cubase’s transport controls.
- Fix: Style wizard could crash in Logic when clicking outside the wizard while changing style.
The new installers are now available to download.
More information: MeldaProduction / MRotary