, instrument plugins
, Orange County
Posted in news
on Feb 20, 2012
FXpansion has announced BFD Eco 1.5, an upgrade to software instrument for acoustic drums, based on the award-winning BFD2 engine.
The v1.5 upgrade has native 64-bit support for Windows 7 and OSX, alongside a new kit and bonus kit-pieces from the BFD2 library recorded at London’s Air Studios.
Changes in BFD Eco v1.5
- Now includes 32-bit and 64-bit versions for Windows 7 and Mac OSX.
- BFD Eco 1.5 comes with 2 sets of kick/snare/toms, 4 cymbals and a hihat.
All kit-pieces are taken from the original BFD2 library.
- Orange County: Kick, Snare, Tom Floor, Tom Hi, Tom Mid
- Rogers XP8: Kick, Tom Floor, Tom Hi, Tom Mid
- Sabian: Crash AAX 14, Hihat AAX 14
- Trick: Snare
- Zildjian: Crash K Custom 22, Crash Ride K20, Ride Breakbeat 18
The BFD Eco 1.5 upgrade is available to purchase for $20 USD/15 EUR/£13 GBP until 31 March, 2012. New purchases registered after 1 January 2012 are eligible for a free upgrade.
More information: FXpansion / BFD Eco
Related: Analogue Drums
, General Midi
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Aug 05, 2011
Analogue Drums has released Buckshot, a drumkit sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt and EXS24.
The Buck stops here. A modern take on a vintage kit with plenty of punch to cut through and enough tone to sit right in a rock track.
The kit is a vintage 1970s Gretsch Stop-Sign Maple with Zildjian and Sabian cymbals. The kit was tracked in a big old wooden theatre and dialing in the room sound can go from tight to espansive. As usual we’ve used nothing but the finest gear to capture the kit including classic Neumann mics, vintage Neve 1064 preamps. The tracks were then processed through vintage DBX 160 “VU” compressors for added grit and girth.
- Multi-sampling: each key contains 24 velocity layers for expressive detail. Hihats are extensively sampled for convincing realism with 6 articulations (tight, closed, loose, semi-open, open, pedaled).
- Mic layers: 3x separately controllable layers for close mics, overheads and room mics.
- Layouts: General MIDI (GM) and Extended Mapping (EX) layouts provided.
- Kontakt instrument interface*: with volume and pan controls for individual drums and room mics. Instant snare-swapping button.
- Sensitivity control*: increase the sensitivity of the kit for more subtle performances or leave it set to full dynamic range for rock and heavier tracks.
- Presets*: for quickly changing sounds.
Buckshot is available to purchase for $24.95 USD.
More information: Analogue Drums / Buckshot
* features only available when using Kontakt.
Voxengo has updated AcuDrums, a professional sound sample library that captures acoustical sound of various drum and cymbal instruments.
The main idea behind AcuDrums library is to capture a maximally pristine and unprocessed contemporary drum kit sound. Library as a whole contains more than 11000 WAV files and takes more than 8 GB of disk space. Instruments of this library have multiple velocity layers with each velocity layer having 5 sample variations reducing the “machine gun” effect greatly.
Voxengo AcuDrums – New Ludwig and Pearl snares + Sabian cymbal
New in AcuDrums
- Snare Drum 1465 PL-RSS-A
14-inch (6.5-inch deep) steel snare drum with a massive punchy sound, naturally panned to the right side a bit. 1405 WAV sample files total.
- Snare Drum 1450 LW-BB6-A
14-inch (5-inch deep) nickel-plated brass snare drum with a cutting-through light sound, naturally panned to the right side a bit. 1335 WAV sample files total.
- Crash Cymbal 19 SB-HHX-X
19-inch crash cymbal with a big dark rough sound, naturally panned to the left side a bit. 745 WAV sample files total.
AcuDrums sample packs are available to purchase as individual instruments or in custom bundles (a discount may apply), with prices ranging from $8.95 USD to $18.95 USD per instrument.
More information: Voxengo / AcuDrums
Related: Abbey Road
, Drum Workshop
, instrument plugins
, Native Instruments
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Dec 06, 2010
Native Instruments has announced the release of Abbey Road Modern Drums, a new instrument developed together with the iconic British recording studios.
Providing two high-end drum kits for use in the free KONTAKT PLAYER and the KONTAKT 4 sampler, ABBEY ROAD MODERN DRUMS gives musicians and producers access to expertly engineered drum sounds for contemporary music production of any genre, with the highest possible level of fidelity and authenticity.
ABBEY ROAD MODERN DRUMS complements the previous 60s, 70s and 80s installments, and is based on two renowned drum kits that are a staple of modern studio productions – a Drum Workshop Collector’s Series “White Kit” and a Pearl Reference “Sparkle Kit”. Further expanded with various distinctive cymbals from Sabian and Zildjian as well as three snare drum options each, both kits were recorded with painstaking precision in Abbey Road’s Studio Two and Studio Three, taking full advantage of the acoustic properties of these famous recording rooms.
Abbey Road Modern Drums features
- Utilizes both contemporary and vintage high-end recording equipment to achieve ultimate sound quality across all individual instruments of the kits.
- Over 40,000 samples, 24-bit, 44.1 kHz.
- 7.2 GB library size, using the new Kontakt 4 sample compression (17.4 GB uncompressed!)
- Up to 27 velocity layers for a single articulation.
- Up to 6 variations of drum hits at the same velocity for added realism.
- Additional compressed Mono Overhead and Mono Room samples for additional sound possibilities.
- Three snare options for each kit.
- Separate Right and Left hand samples for the most common Snare, Tom, and Hihat articulations.
- Snare Top/Bottom and Kick In/Out samples.
- Optional snare bleed samples for many drums.
- Includes a selection of different MIDI mappings accommodating the established layouts of various popular
electronic drum kits and third-party drum libraries.
- Highly functional user interface offers convenient control over all articulation, sound shaping, mixing and routing functions. Advanced randomization can even add subtle nuances to the tone and timing to make it virtually indistinguishable from a studio-recorded drum performance.
Abbey Road Modern Drums is available to purchase as a download and on DVD for $119 USD / 99 EUR.
More information: Native Instruments / Abbey Road Modern Drums
FXpansion has announced the release of BFD Jazz Maple, an expansion pack for the BFD2 & BFD Eco family.
BFD Jazz Maple is an expansion pack featuring a Yamaha Maple Custom drum kit, compatible with BFD 2.1 and BFD Eco. The expansion features several bonus ‘lite’ kit-pieces – a Yamaha signature Roy Haynes copper shell snare and a suite of Sabian cymbals.
The Maple Custom is an embodiment of the advanced progression in drum and hardware construction technologies developed by Yamaha, resulting in stunning sustain, warmth and projection. Although the tone of the kit lends itself particularly well to jazz, fusion and funk, BFD Jazz Maple is suitable for all styles of music that demand expressive, great-sounding drums. BFD Jazz Maple comes with a selection of great-sounding BFD2.1 and BFD Eco presets which offer some stunningly produced sounds right out of the box.
BFD Jazz Maple features
- Low-cost, download-only expansion packs for BFD2 and BFD Eco.
- Includes bonus ‘lite’ signature Roy Haynes snare and with matching beaters.
- Includes bonus ‘lite’ Sabian cymbals with matching beaters.
- Stunning sounding presets with custom grooves.
- Includes 5 groove palettes from Platinum Samples – Real Jazz.
BFD Jazz Maple is available to purchase as a download-only expansion pack for £35 GBP / €49 EUR / $70 USD.
The expansion is available at a special offer price of £25 GPB / €35 EUR / $50 USD for any registered BFD Jazz ‘n’ Funk owner. Purchasing BFD Jazz Maple entitles registered users to purchase BFD Signature Snares vol. 1 and/or BFD Signature Snares vol. 2 at a discount price of £25 GBP, €35 EUR, $50 USD each.
More information: FXpansion / BFD Jazz Maple