, group buy
, IK Multimedia
, Jet City
, Seymour Duncan
, Sonic Reality
, Sonoma Wire Works
, T-Rex Engineering
Posted in news
on Jun 16, 2011
IK Multimedia has announced it is celebration its 15th Anniversary Promotion, with an unprecedented series of prizes and promotions.
To celebrate this milestone, IK Multimedia is bringing you some amazing deals and giveaways from June 15 to September 15, 2011 as we celebrate this history of hard work and success with an unprecedented series of prizes and promotions.
15th Anniversary Promotion
- Once in a lifetime MEGA Group Buy – Buy any IK product* and get another one FREE of equal or lesser value. Get 2 FREE products when 5,000 users participate.
- 15 % Discount on the entire IK Range (use promo code 15YEARS at checkout).
- 15 FREE JamPoints to all registered IK users.
- 15 IK users get $15,000 worth of prizes (Avid®, Fender™, Yamaha®, Steinberg®, Audyssey™, Seymour Duncan®, Jet City Amplification®, Sonoma Wire Works™, T-Rex®, and Sonic Reality™).
- Weekly 15th Anniversary Surprise Deals.
More information: IK Multimedia / 15th Anniversary Promotion
Sonoma Wire Works has launched the RiffRumble 16 Song Contest featuring guest judge Dave Kushner of Velvet Revolver.
Enter the RiffRumble song contest now through June 8 to win $4000 in prizes, including a Taylor SolidBody Standard Double Cutaway guitar.
Featuring guest judge Dave Kushner of Velvet Revolver. 3 categories to win. Fire up RiffWorks T4 (free) or RiffWorks Standard recording software (Mac/Win), and create a “Heroes” themed song on your own, or with up to 4 friends worldwide. No purchase necessary. Enter by June 8.
Sonoma Wire Works has also announced a limited time offer for its DrumCore plug-in and drum loop products, Discrete Drums drum loops for Mac/Win, RiffWorks Standard, RiffWorks InstantDrummers, and more.
Use coupon code TWENTYMAY to take advantage of this offer. Coupon expires June 1, 2011.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works
Propellerhead has released version 1.1 of ReBirth for the Apple iPad.
Version 1.1 supports AudioCopy, which enables pasting of ReBirth tracks as audio directly into other compatible third-party iPad apps. The update is currently available from the iTunes AppStore.
Users of ReBirth 1.1 for iPad now can select AudioCopy then paste their ReBirth song, loop or section as audio into any AudioPaste application. Audio data captured includes tempo info, file format info, the name of the app copied from, duration and more. AudioCopy/Paste apps include StudioTrack by Sonoma Wire Works, Synth by Retronyms, MorphWiz by Wizdom Music, Looptastic by Sound Trends, to name but a few of over 70 applications from 31 companies.
To celebrate the new release of ReBirth along with Propellerhead’s Music Making Month, the price of both ReBirth for iPad and ReBirth for iPhone has dropped for May—prices go back up in June.
- ReBirth 1.1 for iPad $9.99 USD /€7,99 EUR (regular: $14.99/€11,99)
- ReBirth 1.1 for iPhone $3.99 USD /€2,99 EUR (regular: $6.99/€5,49)
More information: Propellerhead Software / Rebirth App
Way Out Ware has released SynthX, a virtual analog synthesizer for the iOS platform.
You can chose to play using the intuitive XY mode that automatically makes every touch tuned to the selected scale, grid mode where you explore harmonies in a fun new way, and the keys mode that provides a standard piano keyboard.
Built using Way Out Ware’s award winning virtual analog technology and heavily optimized for the iOS operating system, SynthX delivers a great looking and sounding analog experience to the iPad.
A mathematically modeled synthesizer, SynthX contains no samples. As a result, it is very small in size, yet it has an extremely large and professionally design sound library.
An effects chain including distortion, flanger, delay and limiter are included. Additionally, a separate identical effects chain is provided to process an external signal connected to the iPad’s audio input.
SynthX has been designed from the beginning for the iPad and multi-touch. It has a comprehensive MIDI implementation using CoreMIDI including MIDI Note send and receive and MIDI Beat Clock LFO sync.
You can also record your performances within SynthX and use Sonoma Wireworks AudioCopy to share your performance with other iPad apps. It also supports iTunes file sharing which allows you to drag your performances in full quality into your favorite digital audio workstation.
SynthX is available from the iTunes App Store for $9.99 USD.
More information: Way Out Ware / SynthX
Sonoma Wire Works has released Retro Drums: 60′s Volume 1 – Billy Martin Interprets Mitch Mitchell, a new DrumCore DrummerPack.
Retro Drums: 60′s Volume 1 DrummerPack features 10 Groovesets performed by Billy Martin (drummer for Medeski, Martin and Wood) in the style of legendary Jimi Hendrix Experience drummer Mitch Mitchell.
Authentic 1960′s drums and cymbals (in Mitch’s specifications) and vintage recording gear and techniques were used to recreate the classic Mitch Mitchell sound as accurately as possible.
Retro Drums: 60′s Volume 1 is available to purchase for $79.99 USD.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / Retro Drums: 60′s Volume 1
Sonoma Wire Works has released Billy Martin: Loops from the Underground, a new DrumCore DrummerPack from Billy Martin of Medeski, Martin and Wood.
Well known and respected for his innovative rhythms, creative approach, and manic improvisational skills over a wide range of styles, Billy pushes the art of drumming and rhythm to a higher level.
This DrummerPack was produced by Submersible Music, and is configured with metadata for use with DrumCore, which will help users find content based on feel (straight, shuffle, etc.), time signature, tempo and other criteria. Songwriter-friendly “GrooveSets” group related beats, variations and fills to serve as a construction kit for song creation. All audio is 48kHz/24-bit and created in a pro studio using state-of-the-art digital (ProTools HD3) and analog (Neumann, Neve, etc.) recording equipment. DrumCore works with most DAWs, and supports dragging audio and MIDI directly to tracks in applications such as ACID® 7, Digital Performer® 6, Live 6 and up, Logic Pro® 8 and up, Pro Tools® 7.4.2 and up, Cubase® 4 and up (32 bit), and Sonar™ 8 (32 bit).
Billy Martin: Loops from the Underground features
- 13 original Billy Martin Groovesets, featuring live audio drum loops covering a vast range of styles.
- Presented in stretchable REX format for ease of tempo selection.
- Groove variations, fills, intros, stops, and endings are all included for virtually infinite drum track creations in your DAW.
- Includes 12 Multi-Velocity layered MIDI Kits for programming MIDI grooves with Billy’s kit sounds, as well as MIDI file versions of Billy’s grooves and fills. Single hit Kit sounds are also readily available for easy addition to your audio loops.
The Billy Martin: Loops from the Underground DrummerPack is available to purchase for $79.99 USD MSRP.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / Billy Martin: Loops from the Underground
Sonoma Wire Works has announced a number of Holiday Specials.
Sonoma Wire Works is making your holiday shopping easier by offering killer deals on our hottest products for recording musicians!
Sonoma Wire Works Holiday Specials
- 10% off DrummerPacks, KitPacks and Discrete Drums drum content products.
- $30 off RiffWorks Standard recording software (Mac/Win). Plus great deals on RiffWorks InstantDrummer Sessions!
- Save $50 on GuitarJack for compatible iOS devices! When used with iOS apps like FourTrack, the GuitarJack iOS device accessory offers stereo recording and simultaneous instrument and voice recording, produces the least amount of crosstalk during multitrack recording, and makes level control and input monitoring possible.
The Holiday Specials will expire January 7, 2010.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / Holiday Specials
Sonoma Wire Works has released version 2.6 of RiffWorks Standard, a software for recording and sharing music for Windows and Mac.
Capture ideas at the moment of inspiration. Create songs easily with drums and effects. Collaborate online with musicians around the world (free for a limited time). Cast tunes to an enthusiastic online community.
RiffWorks (Mac/Win) makes playing, recording and sharing music fun!
Changes in RiffWorks Standard v2.6
- Drag and drop layers to rearrange, or drag to another riff to copy.
- Compatible with the most recent OS versions: Windows 7, Vista, XP SP3, MacOS 10.6, 10.5, 10.4.
- Compatible with the lastest Amp Model plugins: IK Multimedia Amplitube 3, Line 6 Pod Farm 2, Studio Devil Amp Modeller Pro and VGA II, NI Guitar Rig 4, Overloud TH-1, and many more.
- Additional free InstantDrummer demo content from Discrete Drums and DrumCore is available in the Sonoma Wire Works online store.
- RiffLink Online Collaboration Updates:
- RiffLink code has been rewritten for much improved speed, performance and reliability.
- Layer and Riff order is preserved in collaborations.
- Loading a collaboration shows progress of synchronization with the server.
- Active Collaborations panel shows a JOIN button in viewable collaborations, and a FULL button while 4 players are actively collaborating.
- Riff Notes are now saved correctly in collaborations.
- Importing riffs or songs from locally saved RiffWorks files to RiffLink has been improved.
- If you become disconnected from RiffLink, warnings are properly given to keep you from adding more content until you reconnect.
- Streaming of InstantDrummers that you don’t own, while collaborating with users who own them, is working better and faster.
- Saving a Riff locally that includes an InstantDrummer that you own will include the InstantDrummer content and settings locally.
- Saving a Riff locally that includes an InstantDrummer that you streamed, but do not own, removes the drummer settings and the content is replaced with the demo InstantDrummer. These settings are restored when you purchase the InstantDrummer.
- Duplicating another person’s Riff that contains an InstantDrummer that you do not own will replace the drummer on your computer with the demo drummer.
- RiffLink Membership Changes
- RiffWorks T4 v2.6 will require a RiffLink Membership.
- RiffWorks Standard v2.6 includes 60 days free RiffLink Membership.
- RiffLink Membership fee is now priced at $10.
- With the release of v2.6, earlier versions of RiffWorks will no longer be able to connect to RiffLink.
- Many additional minor improvements.
RiffWorks Standard is available to purchase for $129 USD. The update is free for current users. RiffWorks T4 (free) will be updated soon.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / RiffWorks Standard