Knobster.org has released Organaut, a freeware synth VST instrument for Windows PC.
Classical tonewheel organ emulator. Can produce «analog» and «digital» sound.
- 9 drawbars.
- Rotary cabinet emulation.
- Keyboard «click» emulation.
- Internal reverb.
- Octave shift.
- «Digital» / «analog» modes.
Organaut is available as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC.
Visit Knobster.org for more information and some audio & video demos.
GSi has released Key Performer, the Swiss Army knife of the modern gigging keyboardist.
It’s a single software instrument which offers a wide variety of keyboard sounds that are always used in almost all musical genres where a keyboardist is involved
Key Performer features
- Several classic keyboard sounds including pianos, electric pianos, synths, organs, etc.
- A sample playback section (aka “ROMpler”) with “adaptive playback”
- A physical modeling classic Electric Piano
- A physical modeling “Wurly” piano
- A phase modulation synthesizer for the famous DX Piano
- A Virtual Analog polyphonic synthesizer
- A Virtual Tonewheel Organ with rotary speaker effect
- Two effect slots with all the most famous effects
- An AMP simulation section with overdrive
- A global Reverb effect
- 64 Programs per bank, 9 snaphots for organ sections and 9 for VA synth
- Full MIDI implementation
- Easy MIDI Learn
- Huge efficiency with very low CPU power requirements
- Simplicity of use, Versatility, Stability, Expandibility, Authenticity!
Key Performer is available now as a VST instrument for Windows (Mac version coming soon) for an introductory price of 99 EUR until March 31, 2009 CET (regular price 149 EUR). A demo version can be downloaded from the product page.
Visit GSi for more information
MidiKarval has released version 1.1 of VB3 Controller, a midi processor for controlling the VB3 synth by GSi.
The VB3 Controller is a midi processor VSTi that allows you to control, using a midi controller keyboard, the VB3’s five drawbar sets (upper manual A and B sets, lower manual A and B sets, and pedals) from a single set of nine physical drawbars (sliders or knobs).
Changes in VB3 Controller v1.1
- INVERTED KEYS – “USE UPPER FOR BOTH”: pressing one of the keys (C# to A keys) of your upper manual’s “inverted octave” you can call up the relevant presets (internal or “alternative” presets) of such both manuals’ “inverted key” (this is useful if you want to have consistent presets on both manuals with only one touch). The “Use Upper for both” function doesn’t work with Bb and B “inverted keys”, so you can temporarily change the preset of the upper manual without affecting the sound of the lower one.
- PEDALS “COUPLER” AND “STACCATO”: when the “Pedals/Upper” or “Pedals/Lower” function and the “Coupler” function are active, using the “pedals octaves” of your keyboard you can play in unison the pedals’ sound and the lower manual sound, as many great jazz organists do. Moreover you can choose to make the pedals sound “staccato” (like an upright bass, whilst the “meat of the bass” comes from the lower manual sound). According to Joey DeFrancesco, this is the secret to kicking bass (see Keyboard Magazine, n. 6/1999, page 50). Changing the value in the “Staccato” label you can activate/deactivate the “Staccato” mode and select the relevant length, expressed in milliseconds (from 20 to 400 ms.).
- Now you can activate/deactivate the VB3 Controller’s functions directly clicking on the relevant labels with your mouse’s left button (whilst clicking on the labels with the right buttons allows to change the value shown on each label).
VB3 Controller is availabe as a VST plug-in for Windows PC for 10 EUR. A fully functional demo version is available from the product page (expires after 15 minutes of use, remove and re-load it in your host to use it again).
Visit MidiKarval for more information.
GSi (formerly SoundFonts.it) has released version 1.2.2 of VB3, a virtual tonewheel organ instrument for Windows and Mac.
Changes in VB3 v1.2.2
- VB3 is now available for MAC OSX in VST and AU format.
- New Spring Reverb algorithm derived from GSi Type4.
- The code has been enormously optimized and the CPU load is amost halved.
- Fixed bugs with some hosts (Sonar, Tracktion3, Receptor) that caused a crash when loading VB3.
- Added option “Output Level” with 5 different levels. Use this to prevent VB3 from generating audio
clips at high dynamics.
- Rotary speaker simualtor: improved control over rotors speeds; improved algorithm “Jazz 122″.
- Keyclick: improved and optimized.
- Percussion: added the missing high-pass filter that gives it more punch and enforces the attack.
- Organ sound: the leakage factor, the whole balance between lows and highs and the background noise have been noticeably improved.
- Functionality: no more need to recompute the internal wavetables when the plugin is set in standby by the host; improved the stereo widening algorithm.
- Many other things have changed internally that can’t be explained in few words, but your fine ears will be able to notice the difference with previous versions.
Notes for the Mac version:
VB3 is known to function properly in Apple Logic, Ableton Live, Cubase 4, EnergyXT2, RAX, GarageBand and in many other VST and/or AU hosts. There is a known and unresolved (yet) incompatibility with MOTU Digital Performer. There’s no guarantee for it to function in ProTools (via its VST-to-RTAS wrapper).
VB3 is available for 49 EUR. A demo version can be downloaded here.
Visit GSi for more information and audio demos.
SoundFonts.it has released version 1.2.1 of VB3, a virtual tonewheel organ instrument for Windows PC.
Changes in VB3 v1.2.1
- All Rotary Speaker simulations have been revised, with special new algorithms for Rock 147, Rock 122 and Jazz 122.
- Added a Tone Cabinet simulation (stationary speaker).
- Added one more organ model: Type B.
- Added one more Wind Noise level.
- Added one more Background Hum level.
- Improved the keyclick: the attack is now more defined and the click noise is properly scaled.
- Modeled waveforms are now 8x longer, resulting in more precise loop points and more defined tone.
- Organ Type A was too low on volume: fixed.
- Drawbar Set A 16′ was not working properly: fixed.
VB3 is available as a VST plug-in for Windows PC for €49 EUR.
Visit SoundFonts.it for more information.
MidiKarval has released VB3 Controller, a midi processor for controlling SoundFonts.it’s VB3 synth.
VB3 Controller features
- Controller: control the VB3’s five drawbar sets (upper manual A and B sets, lower manual A and B sets, and pedals) from a single set of nine physical drawbars (sliders or knobs) using a midi controller keyboard.
- Inverted Keys: on the original tonewheel organ that VB3 emulates, the bottom octave notes have reverse color keys (“inverted keys”) that call up preset sounds. VB3 and separately VB3 Controller mimics this use of note keys to provide the player with presets.
- Alternative Presets: provide 6 banks (2 banks in the demo version) of 18 presets each (9 for the upper manual drawbars and 9 for the lower manual drawbars). Each preset can be called up by pressing one of the keys (C# to A keys) of your midi keyboard(s) “inverted octave” and shows the relevant drawbar positions on VB3, plus you can also temporarily change these preset drawbar settings. (The bottom C key is cancel sound or mute).
- Split Mode: reserve the bottom two octaves of your 5 octaves midi keyboard(s) for playing the VB3 pedalboard.
- Programs Section: store your favourite VB3 Controller’s settings in one of the 10 re-namable programs for future use.
VB3 Controller is available as a VST instrument for Windows PC and costs 10 EUR. A fully functional demo is available for download (15 minute limit per session).
Visit MidiKarval for more information.
SoundFonts.it has released version 1.2 of VB3, a virtual tonewheel organ instrument plug-in for Windows PC.
New in VB3 v1.2
- Two different organ models.
- Adjustable global tuning.
- Foldback on 16″ deactivable.
- Full “inverted octave” presets.
- Adjustable global Percussion Level, global Percussion Decay, Vibrato Scanner depth.
- Electronic vibrato simulation when Sets F or V are selected.
- Separated Upper and Lower V/C tablets with smooth switching.
- Five different rotary speaker algorithms with adjustable “character”.
- Easy MIDI Learn function.
- Up to four separated outputs.
- Upper and Lower manuals SPLIT with adjustable split point.
- Upper and Lower manuals octave transposers.
- Many improvements.
SoundFonts.it VB3 is available for Windows PC and costs 49 EUR.
Visit SoundFonts.it for more information, audio demos and a link to download a demo of VB3.