Time+Space has announced a limited time offer for Synthogy Ivory II pianos.
“It ticks all the boxes: sound quality, playability, flexibility. And then it ticks a few more: reliability, efficiency, ease of use. This is industry standard, production-ready software that´s a joy to have around. There´s little else to say. Just go and play it…” – Sound on Sound
It’s been almost a year since Ivory II was unleashed onto the world with its powerful new engine delivering an unprecedented level of realism. With the introduction of Harmonic Resonance Modeling for true sympathetic string vibration, plus expanded velocity levels and numerous user requested features such as half pedalling, lid position, pedal noise and tuning tables, Ivory II has become the industry standard in piano software.
Synthogy Ivory II pianos
- Grand Pianos – Features over 77Gb of stunning, Acoustic Grand Piano sampled instruments including: Bösendorfer 290 Imperial Grand, German Steinway D 9’ Concert Grand and Yamaha C7 Grand.
- Italian Grand – Over 28Gb of world-class samples featuring a Premium 10 foot, Italian made Concert Grand renowned for its expressive dynamics and full-bodied character.
- Upright Pianos – Includes four upright pianos; Modern upright (Yamaha U5), Vintage Upright (1914 A.M. Hume), Honky Tonk Barrom upright (1915 Packard) and an early 1900s Tack Piano.
Ivory II pianos require an iLok key to run and until 31st August, Time+Space will send you one for free when you buy any full version Ivory II title, saving you £37.95 GBP (offer excludes upgrades).
More information: Time+Space
Better Music Distribution has announced it is now distributing instrument plugins from Sound Magic.
Better Music Distribution is very pleased to announce the partnership with Sound Magic for the US market. Two brand new pianos have been recently released and are now available through Better Music Distribution in the USA.
Sound Magic instruments
- Imperial Grand Piano – The Imperial Grand virtual instrument piano starts with a famous dark, rich Bösendorfer style of sound, the first modeled Bösendorfer 290SE with 97 Keys.
- Ruby Piano – Ruby Piano captures the mellow sustain and beautiful tones of a Yamaha C7 built in 1972, which has original ivory keys, and represents its unique timbral quality through Sound Magic ‘s NEO Hybrid Modeling Engine.
- BlueStone Piano – The BlueStone Piano virtual instrument starts with the robust Steinway sound, utilizing these powerful harmonics to create the authenticity and complexity that has long been a standard in concert halls around the world.
- Supreme Piano 2 – The Supreme Piano 2 virtual piano collection includes four world’s most stunning and finest grand pianos. A true piano legend.
More information: Better Music Distribution
Sound Magic has announced the release of Imperial Grand, a virtual piano instrument for Windows.
Imperial Grand starts with the famous dark, rich Bosendorfer style sound, and establishes an incredible level of realism by using patented NEO Hybrid Modeling Engine coupled with Artificial Intelligence Assistant Tool.
Sound Magic’s NEO Hybrid Modeling is a completely new way to offer the best of both worlds, the Realistic Sound of Sampling and the Playability of Modeling. The NEO Hybrid Modeling Engine leads all other virtual pianos by providing a smaller footprint, lower latency and a truer, richer sound that makes our piano live and breathe! The NEO Hybrid Modeling Engine achieves this realistic and authentic sound by using physical modeling to shape the sound’s “skeleton” and then maps it to a series of harmonic components in real time to provide the resonance between the strings and the sound of the piano “box”.
IR and Convolution Reverb provide for a sense of realism essential to the live sound. Too often, reverb is added as a gloss to emulate playing in some sort of cavern, but here the reverb is replicating the reverb that occurs inside of a large vibrating instrument. (You can add your cavern playing on top of this essential sound if you need to!)
Imperial Grand features
- Imperial Grand gives you absolute control over every aspect of a piano. You can adjust hammer actions, microphone positions, sympathetic resonances, dynamics and more. You can even design your own piano.
- HD Velocity Layer supports up to 65,536 Velocity Layers.
- Multi-microphone positions enable users to mix between different microphone positions and create new sounds that easily fit into a mix.
- Real Piano Legato make the legato passage so real with a sustaining tone.
- Meticulous Dynamic Response controls enable users to adjust the dynamics of the piano, change the keyboard response, and achieve both realism and playability at the same time.
- New! 264-string Sympathetic Resonance System adds beautiful harmonies to both pedal up and pedal down notes.
- Imperial Grand is able to detect repeated notes and activate True Staccato Mode which precisely reproduces staccato notes.
- Built-in professional Reverb Engine simulates resonances with environment and soundboard, adding extra realism to the sound.
- Actual modeling and soft pedal samples vividly present the sound of three kinds of pedals.
- Faster load times. Smaller hard drive footprint, less memory and less CPU usage.
Imperial Grand for Windows (VST/Standalone) is available to purchase for 99 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Imperial Grand
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Feb 16, 2011 - 1 comment
SampleTekk has announced an Acoustic Piano Sale, a time limited offer on its acoustic piano sample libraries.
SampleTekk Acoustic Pianos
- 7CG – Seven Seas Grand, Yamaha C7 – Super detailed multisampled Grand Piano No less then 93 unique samples per recorded note.
- 7CG Jr, Yamaha C7 – A subset from the 7CG – The most detailed sampled Yamaha C7 (c) ever.
- Black Grand – Steinway D – The magnificent Steinway D, recorded in a concerthall for the true concert grand experience.
- Harpsichord – The instrument was sampled in thirds, (C, D#, F# and A) in each octave.
- PMI Bosendorfer 290 – This Bösendorfer library provides the greatest possible control during the softest pianissimo, through crescendos to the reserves of power needed for the loudest fortissimo.
- PMI Clavichords – This library brings you a small and a larger Clavichord. The clavichords have been sampled with their release sounds, giving them an unbelievable realistic quality.
- PMI Estonia – Estonia Concert Grand piano is a multi-velocity level chromatically sampled piano of the highest realism!
- PMI Forte E – A new 24 bit sampled Fortepiano with 3 velocity layers, sustain and modulator patches.
- PMI Historic Keyboards – A collection of historic instruments: 2 harpsichords, a virginal and a fortepiano for GigaStudio and compatible samplers.
- PMI Hybrid – Modular: Design Your Own Piano. The Hybrid Pianos are unlike any other piano library available today.
- PMI Old Lady – The final 24 bit grand piano library! This library brings you an amazing Model 1923 Steinway D grand piano.
- PMI Steinway D – We recorded the best grand piano we could find. This particular instrument is in premium condition, a Steinway model D3 with serial number 393210 which was built in 1965.
- PMI The Emperor – The final 24 bit grand piano library!!! EMPEROR: This library brings you an incredible Bösendorfer 290 SE as the most realistic sample library available today.
- PMI Yamaha C7 – PMI Yamaha C7 concervatory grand. Pop piano! Up to 16 levels of velocity, recorded at 96kHz/24 bits.
- Rain Piano – A serious Upright piano with character. Sometimes a Grand Piano is simply too much or lacks personality. Rain Piano is professionally setup to add character while staying in tune with your other instruments.
- SG88 Mk II – Studio Grand 88 – A large sample instrument that provides extra responsive velocity layering smooth transition from softest to loudest timbres.
- Steiny D – Steinway D – Based on the same samples as the award winning Black Grand. Sampleset contains more then 1000 individual samples.
- Steiny D Close! – Steinway D – Based on the samples recorded during the Black Grand session.
- TSO Yamaha C7 – The TSO is the stripped down, slicker, smaller version of TBO. Same timbre, same great sound, but a more economic, no fat version that can be useful when you need to work on a smaller budget. Still, it’s a big one!
- Vertikal Jazz / Pop – The Vertikal is a upright piano recorded and designed to do the job when you need that little extra “umpf” in your songs.
- WG Jr – Based on the same samples as the famous White Grand we have managed to make a smaller version that has the sound and playability that makes the White Grand so grand – in short: a little brother with a lot of attitude!!!!
- White Grand – SampleTekks White Grand – The Ultimate Studio Grand Piano.
- White Sister – The White Grand by SampleTekk is by many musicians and composers believed to be the finest contemporary studio rock/pop/jazz Grand Piano.
The SampleTekk acoustic piano libraries are available at 25% discount until February 18th, 2011.
More information: SampleTekk
Modartt has introduced an extended keyboard range for its Pianoteq K1, C3 and M3 virtual grand piano instruments.
Grand pianos that offer an expanded keyboard range are rare and extremely expensive. A very well-known example of such a high class instrument is the Bösendorfer Imperial Grand, with its 97 keys expanding the bass range. Stuart & Sons have also built innovative 102 keys pianos, increasing both the bass and the treble range of the piano.
MODARTT takes up the challenge by providing an unprecedented extra-large key range for its exclusive grand pianos K1, C3 and M3, with no less than 105 keys (17 keys more than the standard keyboard range), ranging from ultra-low rumbling bass to very high bird-like pitches.
The keyboard range expansion was developed to correspond to an increasing demand from Pianoteq users for additional notes. The extended sound palette, obtained thanks to the powerful Pianoteq physical modelling, can be used for example in prominent piano works by Debussy, Ravel and Bártok.
The expanded piano models are included in the latest update 3.6.5 which is free to all Pianoteq customers.
More information: Pianoteq
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Sep 10, 2010 - 0 comments
Synthogy has announced that it will begin shipping Ivory II – Grand Pianos through its distributor ILIO and retail stores on September 13, 2010.
Ivory II – Grand Pianos will be the first of Synthogy’s new products to feature the all-new Ivory II piano DSP engine. It is the first major upgrade to all of its Ivory pianos since they were first launched. Significant improvements have been made to both the piano DSP engine and to the integrated sample libraries that come with the products. Following the release of Ivory II – Grand Pianos, the Ivory II upgrade to Synthogy’s Italian Grand will be available near the end of September, while the Ivory II upgrade to Upright Pianos is expected later this year.
The Ivory II piano DSP engine includes many new features Synthogy customers have been requesting, including Harmonic Resonance Modeling for Sympathetic String Resonance, Half Pedaling, Pedal Noise, Lid Position, Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ, Tuning Tables, and New Synth Layers with controls.
Ivory II – Grand Pianos features
- Over 77 Gigabytes of stunning, Acoustic Grand Piano sampled instruments: Bösendorfer 290 Imperial Grand, German Steinway D 9’ Concert Grand, Yamaha C7 Grand (Each piano can be installed separately).
- Up to 18 discrete velocity layers with Sample Interpolation Technology for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions.
- Harmonic Resonance Modeling for the most realistic Sympathetic String Resonance possible.
- Synthogy’s exclusive, powerful 32 bit Sample Playback and DSP engine, engineered specifically for recreating the acoustic piano.
- Sustain Resonance DSP for realistic Damper Pedal response.
- World class digital FX including Real Ambience, Chorus and EQ.
- Customizable User controls for Timbre, Stereo Width and Perspective, Velocity Response, Mechanical Key Noise, Lid Position, Tuning Tables, and more.
- Expertly tuned and regulated pianos in world-class studios and concert halls.
- All 88 keys individually sampled in up to 18 dynamic levels (plus Bösendorfer extended low octave).
- Incorporates exclusive Sample Interpolation Technology used for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions.
- Real Release samples, Soft Pedal samples, and Pedal Noise enhancements.
- Optional synth pad layer for modern/pop combinations.
- Dozens of user-adjustable presets.
Upgrade paths are available to users of previous versions of Ivory products.
More information: Synthogy
Steinberg has announced it is now shipping The Grand 3, a virtual piano instrument for Windows and Mac.
Based on three of the world’s finest and most famous grand pianos as well as one electric grand and one upright, The Grand 3 provides musicians, keyboardists and composers alike with breathtaking tonal authenticity of various piano types.
The tone of the Yamaha C7, Bösendorfer 290 Imperial and Steinway D grand pianos plus the classic Yamaha CP80 Electric Grand and charismatic upright piano by Nordiska have been recorded to provide the artist with an entire palette of virtual piano greatness. By generating the source material to highest standards using intelligent sample architecture and latest recording technology, a uniquely warm, transparent and flexible sound is present in The Grand 3.
“After unveiling The Grand 3 at this year’s Musikmesse in Frankfurt — its resonance striking deep chords among the many exhibition visitors — we at Steinberg are confident that the latest version of The Grand will not only meet the expectations of VSTi users, but exceed them tenfold,” remarks Nadine Roos, product marketing manager for The Grand.
The Grand 3 is available for purchase for 349 EUR (incl. VAT).
More information: Steinberg