Related: channel strip
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Nomad Factory
Posted in news
on Sep 08, 2011
Nomad Factory has announced that it is now offering its Blue Tubes audio processing bundle at a limited-time discounted price of $299 USD (normally $399) through September 16, 2011. The promotion is being managed by their North American distributor, ILIO.
The Blue Tubes Bundle V3 is a collection of 19 processing plug-ins that recreate the warm sound qualities of classic analog hardware. The plug-ins were designed according to the strict design principles of the hardware they reproduce, while maintaining a transparency that lets the original signal shine through with just the desired amount of brilliance and character.
All 19 plug-ins in the bundle provide a simple and functional “vintage-style” interface, as well as very low CPU consumption for lightning-fast processing. In keeping with the previous versions of their top-quality audio processing plug-ins, the Blue Tubes Bundle V3 has been totally redesigned by Nomad Factory to offer even more features for enhancing users’ digital sound recordings.
Blue Tubes Bundle features
- 6 Dynamics Processors (Limiter – Expander – Compressor – Noise Gate – DeEsser – BrickWall).
- 6 Equalizer Processors (2-band – Baxandall – Graphic – Vintage – 5-band – Filters).
- 6 Effects Processors (Chorus – Phaser – Vintage Echo – Delay – OverDriver – Imager).
- 1 Channel Strip Processor (Tube Emulator – Gate/Expander – Compressor – Equalizer – Filters).
- Full Automation for all parameters on PC and Mac OS X.
- Easy-to-use vintage interface.
The Blue Tubes Bundle $299 USD promotional price is being offered through dealers throughout North America, on their websites, and through the ILIO website at www.ilio.com. All Blue Tubes plug-ins are available as downloads only.
More information: Nomad Factory / ILIO
B. Serrano has released RedShift 3, a free effect plug-in for Windows.
Pitch shifter / delay / phaser / chorus… according TO your settings! Don’t hesitate to tweak all parameters, Red Shift 2 will TAKE YOU BY SURPRISE… For SUBTLE FX OR SMASHED UP SOUNDS . YOU Choose…
RedShift 3 features
- 2 pitching scales: Semi-tones or Octave.
- 2 host-syncable LFOs.
- 1 graphical sequencer (16 steps).
- 1 Modulation matrix.
- New: Separate settings for Left / Right channels.
- New: 1 XY pad controller for Left / Right channels.
RedShift 3 is available to download as a freeware VST effect plugin for Windows.
More information: B. Serrano / RedShift 3
Toneboosters has released TB Module, a modulation effect processor plug-in for Windows and Mac.
TB Module is a generic framework for a wide variety feedback and modulation effects. It consists of a set of serialized processes such as panning, delay, filters, and sound-field rotation with user-controllable feedback.
Moreover, the acclaimed saturation of TB Ferox is integrated as well. In combination with 2 LFOs, effects such as chorus, tremolo, auto pan, and phaser are created easily. Moreover, because of its generic approach, TB Module allows hybrid combination effects as well.
TB Module features
- Zero-latency processing.
- Support of all sampling rates from 44.1 to 192 kHz.
- Wide variety of integrated processing elements allowing great flexibility and creativity.
- 2 low-frequency oscillators (LFOs) with assignable outputs.
- Feedback with both positive and negative polarity.
- Delay and LFOs can be synced to the host tempo.
- Based on the VST 2.4 specification to allow compatibility with virtually all host programs.
TB Module for PC and Mac (VST) is available to purchase for 5 EUR.
More information: Toneboosters / TB Module
Posted in news
on Jun 16, 2011
Moog has announced the Moogerfooger MF-108M Cluster Flux, a new analog fx processor.
Expansive functionality combined with warm, analog sound come from the state-of-the-art all-analog circuitry. Musical, flexible, playable, and durable, the Cluster Flux is capable of providing classic flanging, chorusing, and vibrato effects, but is also capable of a much wider range of modulated delay line effects than traditional stomp boxes in this class due to the wide range of the front panel controls, the multi-waveform LFO, as well as CV and MIDI Control.
The MF-108M Cluster Flux is more powerful than traditional chorus/flange effects offering musicians the added modulation of multiple LFO waveforms: Sine, Triangle, Square, Saw, Ramp and Random, to create many kinds of new modulated BBD Delay effects. MIDI IN allows control of Delay Time, Range, Feedback, Output Level, LFO Waveform, LFO Rate, LFO Amount and Mix.
MF-108M Cluster Flux features
- The ability to sync LFO modulation effects to MIDI Clock or Tap Tempo.
- The ability to control Delay Time w/ MIDI Notes for “tuned” flanger comb-filter effects.
- CV control of Delay Time, LFO Rate, Feedback, LFO Amount, Mix.
- Send/Return Insert for external processing of BBD signals.
- A second output configurable via DIP switches for different types of stereo outputs.
- A Spillover mode allows for creation of interesting drones and other feedback effects.
- Control of Delay Time, Mix and Feedback in Chorus setting for extreme chorus effects.
- Bi-polar feedback design creates Flanging effects w/ even or odd harmonic emphasis.
- Wide-ranging LFO Rate for very slow to audio rate modulation.
- Input/Output Level controls for use w/ wide range of devices.
The Cluster Flux FM-108M will be available in Q3 2011 for $599 USD.
More information: Moog
, bit crusher
, d16 group
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
, group buy
, low price
Posted in news
on Jun 10, 2011
With more than 1,000 participants joining, the D16 SilverLine Group Buy has reached its maximum level.
Now you have a rare opportunity to get our complete SilverLine Collection for an incredibly low price: buying only one of the SilverLine effects gives you a chance to get all the rest for free!
SilverLine Bundle includes:
- Devastor – simple but remarkable Multiband Distortion Unit. It is an enhanced version of the distortion unit from our famous Phoscyon synthesizer.
- Fazortan – Controlable Space Phaser created with the most advanced analog modelling techniques.
- Decimort – High Quality Bit Crusher with a complex and advanced signal processing algorithms, simulating the behaviour of the whole sampling path which exists in every AD/DA converter.
- Redoptor – High quality Vintage Tube Distortion with an exact emulation of a tube’s circuits.
- Toraverb – Space Modulated Reverb is a concept algorithm reverb. It allows the user to create practically ANY type of reverb.
- Syntorus – Double Path Analog Chorus is a chorus effecting unit with a double delay line. It’s capable of emulating almost every classic unit available.
The complete SilverLine Bundle now is available in the Group Buy for 39 EUR (regular price 179 EUR).
More information: D16 Group / Silverline Collection
New Sound Lab has released NSL005 Pacific Ocean and NSL006 Chorus Echo 501, two new sample libraries.
NSL005 Pacific Ocean features recordings of the Pacific Ocean at various locations along the beach within Refugio State Park.
The incoming waves collide with large rock formations, creating great wave impacts and rushing water through small channels and hollow rocks. A variety of mic placements at various distances from the ocean were used, from directly over the water to larger distances, recording ambience behind massive rock walls and inside natural beach caves. In addition, a hydrophone captured underwater currents from waves splashing into small tide pools on the rocks.
NSL005 Pacific Ocean features
- 55 Broadcast Wave files at 24bit 96khz (38 stereo and 17 mono).
- Library size is 2.24 GB.
- All files are organized and tagged with metadata, compatible with Pro Tools, Audiofinder, Soundminer and other sound library management software.
- Metadata PDF included.
NSL006 Chorus Echo 501 features the classic 1980′s era Roland Chorus Echo RE 501 captured in 24bit 192khz HD format.
This library features 217 sounds processed by a mint condition Chorus Echo RE-501, including metal impacts, church bells, chainsaws, voices, and water. In addition, self-oscillation sounds from the RE-501 are included. All of these sounds can be used in a wide variety of ways and work well for both sound design and music production. The combination of the 192khz high resolution sample rate and the tape saturation/warmth from the Chorus Echo make these samples sound great when pitch shifted and/or time stretched, even at extreme settings.
NSL006 Chorus Echo 501 features
- 217 Mono Broadcast Wave files at 24bit 192khz.
- Library size is 859 MB.
- All files are organized and tagged with metadata compatible with Pro Tools, Audiofinder, Soundminer.
- Metadata PDF included.
Both libraries are available to purchase for $25 USD each.
More information: New Sound Lab
Empty Room Systems has released Dim D, a chorus effect plug-in for Windows.
The “Empty Room Systems” Dim D VST plug-in has been developed to sound like the Roland Dimension D Chorus with enhanced controls.
This chorus has been used on thousands of recordings worldwide.
Dim D features
- 4 chorus modes (the intensity of the chorus increases with the mode number. Mode 0 = bypass).
- Freq controls speed of the oscillators.
- Modulation depth of the delay lines.
- Mix direct and modulated sound.
Dim D is available as a VST effect plug-in for Windows for the introductory price of 49 EUR until June 15th, 2011 (regular 59 EUR). Other formats (including Mac) will be supported later this year.
More information: Empty Room Systems
whiteLABEL has released d:SHIFT, a “gnarly delay machine” effect plugin for Windows.
A stereo pitch-shifter piles head-long into an echo box with filters bit-crusher and waveshaper. To pour acid in the wounds : modulators attack both pitch and delay time.
“This oh-so desirable effect combines pitchshifting and delay to produce lush choruses, swirling echoes and some dynamite vocal doubling”
With delay times ranging from 2 milliseconds right the way up to five seconds, the feedback path is the most important part of this effect … that’s where you’ll find a pitch-shifter, a bit-crusher, a wave-shaper and a shelving filter. A wide variety of effects can be generated from subtle chorus-type sounds to nasty smashed-up swooping loops, clean slap-delays to evil bad-guy voice effects.
d:SHIFT for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for £15 GBP.
whiteLABEL has also released version 1.3 of the bolsterisers, a collection of dynamics processors. Version 1.3 provides smaller files for faster loading allowing more plugin instances in a project.
More information: whiteLABEL