Empty Room Systems has updated Dim D Chorus, a chorus effect plug-in for Windows.
Our Dim D Chorus is a replication of the SDD-320 Dimension D chorus build by Roland. This chorus is famous for delivering a subtle, stereoizing enhancing, airy effect while adding more presence to a sound. Most chorus products give a lot of modulation and do not keep the original structure of the sound in tact. This chorus is way more subtle and adds something and does not take away the original quality of the sound.On our review page you can see the extensive reports of people using this new plug-in.
Changes in Dim D Chorus v1.0.2
- Keyfile protection system.
- Personalised versions.
- Knob behavior can now be controlled by the user.
- 32 and 64 bits versions.
- No additional licenses needed for more computers you own.
- Later on: free Mac version in the package (currently in beta).
Dim D for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 59 EUR.
More information: Empty Room Systems
, distortion and overdrive
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Sep 13, 2011
TC-Helicon has announced the VoiceLive Rack, a complete vocal effects package and mic channel.
VoiceLive Rack is based on the renowned effects engine that also powers amazing TC-Helicon units like VoiceLive Touch and VoiceLive 2, which basically means that all imaginable types of effects for vocals are covered: µMod (detune, chorus, flange), Echo & Delay, Reverb, Harmony, HardTune & Correction, Doubling, Transducer (distortion & megaphone), Rhythmic (stutter, tremolo, etc.) and Tone (Adaptive EQ, compression, de-esser, etc.).
Setting up a smooth producer-like vocal sound is as fast as it’s easy including digtal recall of a complete Mic Channel with gain and phantom settings. Of course, it’s the wide palette of included effects that offers tons of creative possibilities for the open-minded vocalist – a one-way ticket to ‘The Land of Opportunities’ for adventurous singers everywhere.
VoiceLive Rack features
- MP-75 Microphone with integrated control switch included.
- Based on the renowned VoiceLive 2 and VoiceLive Touch effects engine.
- Pristine microphone preamp with digital control for storing gain settings.
- 238 Factory Presets.
- Memory for 400 presets.
The VoiceLive Rack is available this October, with an estimated price of $799 USD / €799 EUR SSP.
More information: TC-Helicon / VoiceLive Rack
Related: channel strip
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Nomad Factory
Posted in news
on Sep 08, 2011
Nomad Factory has announced that it is now offering its Blue Tubes audio processing bundle at a limited-time discounted price of $299 USD (normally $399) through September 16, 2011. The promotion is being managed by their North American distributor, ILIO.
The Blue Tubes Bundle V3 is a collection of 19 processing plug-ins that recreate the warm sound qualities of classic analog hardware. The plug-ins were designed according to the strict design principles of the hardware they reproduce, while maintaining a transparency that lets the original signal shine through with just the desired amount of brilliance and character.
All 19 plug-ins in the bundle provide a simple and functional “vintage-style” interface, as well as very low CPU consumption for lightning-fast processing. In keeping with the previous versions of their top-quality audio processing plug-ins, the Blue Tubes Bundle V3 has been totally redesigned by Nomad Factory to offer even more features for enhancing users’ digital sound recordings.
Blue Tubes Bundle features
- 6 Dynamics Processors (Limiter – Expander – Compressor – Noise Gate – DeEsser – BrickWall).
- 6 Equalizer Processors (2-band – Baxandall – Graphic – Vintage – 5-band – Filters).
- 6 Effects Processors (Chorus – Phaser – Vintage Echo – Delay – OverDriver – Imager).
- 1 Channel Strip Processor (Tube Emulator – Gate/Expander – Compressor – Equalizer – Filters).
- Full Automation for all parameters on PC and Mac OS X.
- Easy-to-use vintage interface.
The Blue Tubes Bundle $299 USD promotional price is being offered through dealers throughout North America, on their websites, and through the ILIO website at www.ilio.com. All Blue Tubes plug-ins are available as downloads only.
More information: Nomad Factory / ILIO
B. Serrano has released RedShift 3, a free effect plug-in for Windows.
Pitch shifter / delay / phaser / chorus… according TO your settings! Don’t hesitate to tweak all parameters, Red Shift 2 will TAKE YOU BY SURPRISE… For SUBTLE FX OR SMASHED UP SOUNDS . YOU Choose…
RedShift 3 features
- 2 pitching scales: Semi-tones or Octave.
- 2 host-syncable LFOs.
- 1 graphical sequencer (16 steps).
- 1 Modulation matrix.
- New: Separate settings for Left / Right channels.
- New: 1 XY pad controller for Left / Right channels.
RedShift 3 is available to download as a freeware VST effect plugin for Windows.
More information: B. Serrano / RedShift 3
Toneboosters has released TB Module, a modulation effect processor plug-in for Windows and Mac.
TB Module is a generic framework for a wide variety feedback and modulation effects. It consists of a set of serialized processes such as panning, delay, filters, and sound-field rotation with user-controllable feedback.
Moreover, the acclaimed saturation of TB Ferox is integrated as well. In combination with 2 LFOs, effects such as chorus, tremolo, auto pan, and phaser are created easily. Moreover, because of its generic approach, TB Module allows hybrid combination effects as well.
TB Module features
- Zero-latency processing.
- Support of all sampling rates from 44.1 to 192 kHz.
- Wide variety of integrated processing elements allowing great flexibility and creativity.
- 2 low-frequency oscillators (LFOs) with assignable outputs.
- Feedback with both positive and negative polarity.
- Delay and LFOs can be synced to the host tempo.
- Based on the VST 2.4 specification to allow compatibility with virtually all host programs.
TB Module for PC and Mac (VST) is available to purchase for 5 EUR.
More information: Toneboosters / TB Module
Posted in news
on Jun 16, 2011
Moog has announced the Moogerfooger MF-108M Cluster Flux, a new analog fx processor.
Expansive functionality combined with warm, analog sound come from the state-of-the-art all-analog circuitry. Musical, flexible, playable, and durable, the Cluster Flux is capable of providing classic flanging, chorusing, and vibrato effects, but is also capable of a much wider range of modulated delay line effects than traditional stomp boxes in this class due to the wide range of the front panel controls, the multi-waveform LFO, as well as CV and MIDI Control.
The MF-108M Cluster Flux is more powerful than traditional chorus/flange effects offering musicians the added modulation of multiple LFO waveforms: Sine, Triangle, Square, Saw, Ramp and Random, to create many kinds of new modulated BBD Delay effects. MIDI IN allows control of Delay Time, Range, Feedback, Output Level, LFO Waveform, LFO Rate, LFO Amount and Mix.
MF-108M Cluster Flux features
- The ability to sync LFO modulation effects to MIDI Clock or Tap Tempo.
- The ability to control Delay Time w/ MIDI Notes for “tuned” flanger comb-filter effects.
- CV control of Delay Time, LFO Rate, Feedback, LFO Amount, Mix.
- Send/Return Insert for external processing of BBD signals.
- A second output configurable via DIP switches for different types of stereo outputs.
- A Spillover mode allows for creation of interesting drones and other feedback effects.
- Control of Delay Time, Mix and Feedback in Chorus setting for extreme chorus effects.
- Bi-polar feedback design creates Flanging effects w/ even or odd harmonic emphasis.
- Wide-ranging LFO Rate for very slow to audio rate modulation.
- Input/Output Level controls for use w/ wide range of devices.
The Cluster Flux FM-108M will be available in Q3 2011 for $599 USD.
More information: Moog