Peter Adany has launched a Kickstarter campaign for Helix, an exacting turntable for DJs, producers & record fans, with unprecedented features & graphics.
Helix Beatmix demonstration.
So you are not into DJing, but you still love music? You can enjoy your favorite songs in a more engaging way. It’s like the satisfaction of playing your favorite vinyl LP, but in an advanced way: with an elegant, color-customizable turntable on your iPad, PC or Mac.
Do you play your own instrument? This app lets you easily and precisely adjust the pitch of songs so you can play in tune with your music.
The project is looking to raise $30,000 by Saturday September 15th, 2012.
More information: Helix
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Jul 02, 2012
Native Instruments has launched a time-limited special offer on its TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 DJ system for a limited time.
Forget what you know about DJ controllers and DJ software. TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 was designed from its conception as a fully integrated system where software and hardware are fused in perfect harmony. Once you experience it, you’ll immediately feel how simple, yet powerful and fluid a professional DJ system can be. TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 is the culmination of a 10-year vision and experience only Native Instruments can provide. So whether you’re a seasoned TRAKTOR user looking for the ultimate controller, or just entering the world of digital DJing, the S4 delivers like no other can.
Custom-tailored for TRAKTOR, the S4 fuses a premium-quality 4 channel DJ mixer, a built-in 24 bit/96 kHz soundcard, an intuitive controller, and the flagship TRAKTOR PRO 2 software with Remix Decks™ into one fully professional solution – the ideal one-stop package for DJs who want pro features, instant usability and go-anywhere portability.
This TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 is available to purchase for $799 USD / 799 EUR until August 31st, 2012. The offer is available at participating retailers and at the NI Online Shop, until stock lasts.
More information: Native Instruments / Traktor Kontrol S4
Loopmasters has released Complextro, a new title in the DJ Mixtools series of sample packs for DJs and live artists.
COMPLEXTRO VOL 1 is a fresh collection of broken down tracks which are inspired by artists such as Wolfgang Gartner, Porter Robinson, Mord Fustang to name but a few
Loopmasters producer UTKU S who is known internationally for his fantastic sounding and technical productions has created a unique and exclusive collection of COMPLEXTRO tracks which are broken down into progressive stems allowing you to mix, remix, loop and add that ultra-cool groove element to your set.
COMPLEXTRO VOL 1 includes 4 Fully Mixed tracks and 64 long evolving stems, plus 52 Bonus Sounds to complement the packs – all at 128 Bpm in the Key of G.
The sample pack is available to purchase for £14.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / DJ Mixtools 30 Complextro
Loopmasters has introduced Rewind, a sample pack by Industrial Strength’s Lenny Dee.
Lenny Dee and crew thought it might be really handy to have a wild collection of rewinds, skips, jumps, spins, slow downs all in one handy pack.
There is nothing like a real hand pushed back spin, so we asked a few of our friends to get back spin crazy and help us get a really crazy selection of license free spins for you to use mash up and effect out.
We used the classic 1200MK2 and the Cdj 1000 Mk3 to make all the rewinds, and combined a lot of long and totally messed up spin samples for you to crash up and freak out.
The sample pack is available to purchase for £12.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / Lenny Dee Rewind
, Herrmutt Lobby
, Yaniv De Ridder
Posted in news
on Jun 21, 2012
Herrmutt Lobby and Yaniv De Ridder have released Beatsurfing, a new app for iPad that allows you to draw a 3-dimensional controller and use it in two different and complementary ways.
Beatsurfing lets you create your own controller layout & use your fingers to “surf” controls.
You can tap it like you would with your regular MPC or any other beatmaking device, but the best and most innovative use you can make of it is definitely by surfing your fingers along routes, colliding with objects, triggering samples or effects. It’s all about movement, and bringing back this intuitive way to make music.
It can control any MIDI-enabled device (Software, Hardware, or even selected iPad apps through Virtual MIDI), features a very intuitive in-app editing system and integrates seemlessly in any existing Studio or Live setup.
Objects Behaviours can be set to link objects together and multiply the available commands on the surface of the iPad.
Official Teaser for Beatsurfing – The Organic MIDI Controller Builder.
- Draw your own controller – Work with the Controller you need, not the one you were given. Simply draw it on the screen with lines, polygons, circles and faders. Size, color, orientation and 3-Dimensional location are all yours to choose.
- Surf! – Use the full potential of the iPad touchscreen: You can tap on the screen, but you better add the Surfing to your production and performance skills to integrate more of that human feel in your music.
- Link any MIDI device – Dj, VJ, Production softwares, Hardware devices, and even selected iPad apps: you can route BEATSURFING to anything that allows for MIDI.
- Objects Behaviours – Each object of your controller can be set to control the others. It creates a system of objects that allow you to add much more to a controller than what meets the eye.
- Intuitive In-App editing – Forget about separated editing software, lenghty changes and whatnot. You can swap between the EDIT and PLAY modes at the tap of a finger. All your objects even remain playable when they’re be re-arranged!
The app is available to purchase for $11.99 USD / 9.99 EUR.
More information: Beatsurfing
Rocudo has released DJ Studio, a DJ app for the iPad powered by Loopmasters.
Got 2 minutes to make some noise? DJ Studio is built to help you find – and release – your Inner DJ.
The idea is simple: we built a powerful DJ App which requires no skill to use and we packed it full of great Loops & Samples from top Artists & DJs. Then we folded in some advanced features and premium content options which you can unlock at your own pace.
DJ Studio features
- Browse builit-in library of Loop & Samples and drop onto your 4×4 Deck.
- Tap Pads to play – auto-sync means you’re always on the Beat.
- Manipulate Level, Mute and FX Send for each Pad.
- Mixer provides Level/Mute, EQ and FX Send on 4 independent channels.
- Delay FX Unit provided will autoset its parameters to match Tempo.
- Save your Sets and Record your Live Performances.
- Absolutely no experience required.
DJ Studio is a free app with In-App purchases options.
The Pro Features Upgrade unlocks limitations on some functions and adds pro-DJ features:
- Full (4×4) Pad Matrix: The Free App gives you 2 channels of 4 Pads (2×4) – the Pro Features Upgrade unlocks the full 4×4 Deck.
- Save your Sets: The Pro Features Upgrade allows you to save unlimitied Sets, so you can quickly build up ready-to-go material.
- Unlimited Recording: Recordings in the Free App are limited to 3 minutes – the Pro Features Upgrade removes the limitation.
- Multiple EQ Types: The Free App comes with Low-Pass Filter EQs – the Pro Features Upgrade enables multiple EQ types (Low-pass, High-pass, Parametric).
The Pro Content Upgrade adds content to your library, in loop and long-form Mixtools format:
- Beef up your Building Blocks: Get tons more options in Bass, Drum/Music Loops, Percussion, Vocals and FX categories.
- Progressive Mixtools Stems: The Mixtools format breaks down tracks by top Artists in progressive stems covering drum grooves, percussion tops, synths, effect builds, breakdowns and drops – saving you time and effort so you can focus on being creative.
More information: Rocudo DJ Studio