Nick Crow has announced version 1.2 of TubeDriver, a freeware tube amp effect plugin.
TubeDriver – tube amplifier emulation plug-in for Windows (VST 32 and 64bit) and Mac OS X (VST and AU 32 and 64bit).
Changes in TubeDriver v1.2
- Post Low Pass filter added (6 dB/oct).
- Post High Pass filter frequency control added.
- Removed drift and noise functions.
- Some changes in the interface.
- Mac OS X compatibility added.
The TubeDriver effect plugin is available to download as freeware.
More information: Nick Crow
WOK has announced the release of Estrima, a virtual string machine instrument for Windows.
Liking this lush pad sound of the 60s/70s ? ESTRIMA is the little sister of our Cromina string machine. It creates this famous, swirling sound with a minimum of hassle. Also there is a choir voicing on board to treat you ears with this old “Aaahh”-sound ;-)
Unlike our big Cromina, it does not have the full polyphonic octave divider simulation, but a simplified phase lock for the 20 voices to reduce CPU load. There is a paraphonic envelope simulation too.
Also on board is a 3x chorus and a deep phaser. The waveform-shape of strings and choir can be varied to achieve the sound of different vintage machines. Auto pitch-bend (for the choir) and vibrato complete this straightforward little toy.
Estrima for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the “Spring-2013-Maya-fail” introductory price of 9.87 EUR.
More information: WOK / Estrima
Applied Acoustics Systems has announced the release of Lounge Lizard EP-4, a versatile electric piano plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Authentic tone, action, and feel.
Lounge Lizard EP-4 is an electric piano synthesizer plug-in delivering authentic Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds in an everything-you-need package.
Lounge Lizard achieves convincing electric piano tones with less than 20 synth parameters.
New in Lounge Lizard EP-4
- Completely renewed factory library features the classic Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds as well as over 200 gig- and mix-ready custom electric pianos making good use of the compressor, equalizer, and multi-effect processor.
- Compressor and equalizer added, perfect to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.
- Character control provides five classic studio and stage signal path emulations – that’s the cabinet, pre-amp, microphone, and recorder chain that follows the piano’s output – to easily snug fit your electric piano part into your track.
- Output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the piano’s physical modeling parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.
- Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides Lounge Lizard EP-4 into Play, Edit and FX panels.
- New bank and program manager allows simple and efficient organization, backup, and sharing of your sounds.
- Overhauled effects, reinvigorated, polished, and tuned especially for the electric piano.
- Native 64-bit Audio Unit (AU) and VST plug-ins.
Lounge Lizard EP-4 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for $199 USD.
More information: Applied Acoustics Systems / Lounge Lizard EP-4
, Abbey Road
, effect plugins
, Lenny Kravitz
Posted in news
on Dec 03, 2012
Waves has introduced the Abbey Road REDD Consoles Plugin, an emulation of the REDD consoles of Abbey Road Studios.
Abbey Road REDD.17 & REDD.37-.51 console emulations by Waves.
London’s Abbey Road Studios were at the epicenter of a seismic shift that rocked the world of music during the 1960s, and changed the course of popular culture forever. The Beatles, The Hollies, Pink Floyd and countless other luminaries made musical history at Abbey Road Studios, trailblazing a revolution that resonates to this day.
And at the heart of it all: The REDD consoles, custom-designed, built by and named for Abbey Road Studios’ in-house Record Engineering Development Department. Renowned for their silky smooth EQ curves, extraordinary warmth and lush stereo imagery, there’s something magical about the REDDs that sound like no other console.
Waves meticulously recreated the color, character and tonal complexity of the original desks: The REDD.17 which still belongs to Abbey Road Studios, and the REDD.37 console now owned by Lenny Kravitz. The result is an impressive pair of plugins that deliver the dimension, depth and richness of these console classics.
- Based on the legendary REDD.17, REDD.37 and REDD.51 consoles.
- Delivers the classic British sound of the 1960s.
- Continuous EQ controls.
- Developed in association with Abbey Road Studios.
REDD is available for the introductory price of $199 USD (regular $349 USD). REDD.17 and REDD.37-.51 are Native and SoundGrid compatible. REDD is available separately as well as in Waves Mercury, SoundGrid® Pro and SoundGrid® SD7 Pro bundles.
More information: Waves / Abbey Road REDD Consoles
SKnote has launched the C165a, a circuit modeled emulation of a VCA compressor with internal peak limiter.
C165a has been developed by measuring and testing a classic VCA compressor with a great sound and very simple to use. Its features have been extended including sidechain filters, a sample-aligned parallel mixing control and a limiter switch.
The VCA compressor is great for immediate punch and smooth sustain, on percussive and sustained tracks and on full groups/mixes.
- Auto mode for easy compression, punch and smooth sustain.
- 4x oversampling for nice saturation.
- Internal sidechain equalizer (low, mid and high bands).
- Internal limiter with controlled distortion (for more punch, peak control or creative drive – switchable).
- Sample aligned internal parallel compression.
- Knee meter (leds) and in/out/compression meter.
- Simple 3D interface.
- From transparent compression to extreme punch, sustain and creative distortion.
The plugin is available for Windows and Mac (32/64bit, VST/AU/RTAS), priced at $29.99 USD.
More information: SKnote / C165a
TSE Audio has announced the TSE R47, a freeware distortion effect plugin modeled after Pro Co’s RAT effect pedal.
The R47 is an audio plugin, emulating a famous «rodent» pedal. It’s modeled against a schematic of the unit, and tuned against clips of the real unit. Keep in mind this is a digital emulation and some aspects of the original sound might not be there. If you like the plugin, you would like the original analog hardware even more ;)
Modeled/Programmed in C++ by onQel (John Adrian Johansen). Tools: MS VC++ Express 10, wxMaxima, LTSpice, Knobman/Skinman, Gimp 2, Jesusonic
TSE R47 features
- Input Level: Control the incoming (guitar) signal. Value of 1.0 = +0dB and 2.0 = +6dB.
- Drive: Control the amount of dirt.
- Filter: A lowpass filter, max setting is full lowpass.
- Quality switch: ‘LO’ and ‘HI’ setting. HI setting removes additional aliasing.
- Stereo switch: Process two guitars at once. They must be hard-panned left/right to avoid bleed between channels.
TSE R47 is available to download for Windows and Mac (32/64bit, VST/AU) at KVR Audio.
More information: TSE Audio / TSE R47