Garritan has released World Instruments, a new virtual instrument featuring over 350 expressive and exotic instruments from around the world.
With over 350 individually sampled ethnic instruments, Garritan World Instruments offers more individually sampled instruments than any other ethnic sample library.
Create various sections and groupings – Oriental orchestras, Ewe ensembles, Taiko ensembles, drumming circles, or many groupingss and ensembles of your choosing.
World Instruments is powered by the ARIA Advanced Instrument Player for Windows and Mac (Standalone/VST/AU/RTAS), and is available to purchase as a download for $149.95 USD. A DVD version is coming soon.
More information: Garritan / World Instruments
Time+Space has announced a contest where you can win one of three Garritan instruments bundles worth £297 each.
Garritan is responsible for some of the world’s most affordable and authentic-sounding virtual instruments with titles such as Personal Orchestra, Jazz & Big Band and Concert & Marching Band all proving hugely popular amongst music producers of all levels.
November 2009 brought the release of Personal Orchestra 4 which saw Garritan move away from Kontakt and introduce ARIA – an intuitive, versatile and highly-optimized instrument engine which loads instruments quickly and places very low demand on the CPU.
Since then, Jazz & Big Band 3 has followed suit and the DVD version of Concert & Marching Band 2 has arrived at Time+Space this morning which will complete the updated line up.
But the new titles for 2010 don’t stop there as Garritan also promises the release of his brand new eagerly anticipated ‘World Instruments’ library before Christmas. This comprehensive collection of expressive and rare exotic instruments from around the world will add diversity and spice to your music.
Answer a simple question for a chance to win one of three Garritan bundles each containing Personal Orchestra 4, Jazz & Big Band 3 and Concert & Marching Band 2. The competition ends this Thursday, 30 September, 2010.
More information: Time+Space
MakeMusic has released Finale 2011, the latest version of the worldwide standard in music notation software for Windows and Mac.
Finale has always offered you unlimited power to create any music you can imagine. Finale 2011 builds upon that power by transforming the creative process. Now, the way you create can be as flexible as what you create. Finale 2011 adapts to the way you work.
Changes in Finale 2011
- Improved Lyric Entry and Spacing — Lyrics are more easily entered, instantly appear exactly as they’ll print out, and are automatically spaced with engraver precision.
- Easier Staff Layout — New Staff Layout capabilities make it simple and intuitive to hide, move, and edit staves, groups, and brackets. Work in any order you wish, and never lose a note.
- Garritan sounds — Finale now includes more than 375 world-class instrument sounds from the makers of Garritan Personal Orchestra. Free new sounds include bass trombone, brass section, children’s choir ahs, flute section, electronic drum kit and more.
- Music Education Worksheets — Finale now includes more than 800 ready-made, customizable music education worksheets and flashcards. New this year are jazz improvisation worksheets and more than 100 titles of classroom repertoire.
- New Fonts — Hundreds of new font characters are included for percussion, mallet and handbell graphics.
- Finale AlphaNotes™ Font — Created for use with beginning music students, the Finale AlphaNotes font places note names or solfège syllables inside noteheads.
- Expanded Percussion Playback — Last year we simplified the process of getting notes on percussion staves to look – and playback – exactly the way you want them to. This year Finale 2011 makes it easy to switch between pitched and non-pitched percussion anywhere in your score.
- Updated Aria Player — The Garritan Aria Player simplifies the process of changing MIDI channel assignments. Updated for Finale 2011, the Garritan Aria Player has an integrated Ambience reverb and the ability to save Ensembles.
- Instant Capo Chords — Automatically add capo chords to your music with the freedom to control whether they replace or appear in addition to non-capo chords.
- Improved Pickup measures and more — Pick-up measures automatically insert the correct rests when you start your score, improved file support for multiple-user environments, and a new Quick Reference Guide that shows you how to complete common tasks quickly and easily in Finale.
Finale 2011 is available to purchase for $600 USD. Upgrades are available for $119.95 / $169.95 USD.
More information: Finale
Garritan has announced the release of Jazz & Big Band 3, a virtual instrument powered by ARIA Instrument Engine.
Garritan Jazz & Big Band 3 is state-of-the-art software that reproduces the sounds of the musical instruments in a jazz and big band, right from your computer. This award-winning collection is the first library of its kind and set a new standard.
Jazz & Big Band 3 features trumpets, trombones, comprehensive 16 Saxophones collection, winds, keyboards, basses, rhythm section – over 50 individual instruments. Create realistic-sounding Jazz & Big Band arrangements quickly and easily.
New in Jazz & Big Band 3
- New ARIA Advanced Instrument Engine — ARIA, a new and highly-optimized instrument engine, developed in collaboration with Plogue Art et Technologie Inc, goes beyond ordinary samplers. ARIA is intuitive, efficient and versatile, loads instruments quickly, and places very low demand on your computer’s processor. The ARIA engine has been rigorously tested and is widely used in products by Microsoft, SONY, AKAI, MakeMusic (Finale) and other industry leaders.
- New Price — Instant Download! — JABB 3 is affordable, eco-friendly, and available on demand. Simply download and play. The entire JABB3 sample collection can be downloaded with a fast internet connection, dramatically reducing the product’s environmental impact and eliminating the waiting time associated with shipping.
- Additional Sounds & Ensemble Presets — JABB 3 includes additional instruments such as organs, slap basses and harmonica. There are also extended ranges for select instruments and Ensemble Presets.
- Auto Legato — JABB3′s new Auto Legato intelligently detects when you are playing a smooth line with overlapping notes and automatically applies correct legato transitions between notes. Creating realistic phrasing has never been easier. Auto Legato also makes playable trills extremely easy.
- Integrated Ambience Reverb & Stereo Stage — JABB3 now integrates the high quality Ambience reverb with the ARIA Player with individual mixing sends for each instrument. Stereo Stage imparts spacious stereo imagery for JABB instruments.
- MIDI Playback and Recording Features -The Standalone ARIA Player allows you to load and playback MIDI files. You can also produce audio recordings of the MIDI file or record yourself playing live.
- Designed for Compatibility — JABB runs on both Macintosh and Windows and a variety of formats to fit your workstation and your workflow (VST, Pro Tools RTAS, and OSX Audio Units). It supports 64-bit platforms in Windows (works in Windows 7). JABB3 is further optimized for use with the AKAI EWI Wind Controllers and integrates with popular notation programs such as Finale 2010.
- Graceful & Easy Authorization — ARIA authorization employs a personalized digital keycard. Simply drag and drop the personalized graphic card onto the ARIA Instrument Engine to authorize it and get playing in seconds.
Garritan Jazz & Big Band 3 is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS), priced at $149.95 USD. Existing users can upgrade for $49.95 USD.
More information: Garritan / Jazz & Big Band 3
Time+Space has announced a major update for its dealer Test Stations.
It was a little over 4 years ago when UK distributors Time+Space began rolling out their Test Stations into pro audio retailers in the UK and Ireland. There are now 20 kiosks located across the British Isles, giving the customer a unique opportunity to test drive the latest software and sample based products before they buy.
The Test Station is an ideal way to audition both sample libraries and software products and Time+Space have just completed a new software update which adds a series of brand new virtual instruments and sample products. This includes Trilian from Spectrasonics, Morphestra from Sample Logic and the 4th Edition of Garritan Personal Orchestra.
There are now more than 500 products loaded on the Test Station – the sample libraries can be listened to in full and many of the virtual instruments can be played using a 49 note MIDI keyboard.
More information: Time+Space