Sensomusic has released version 11 of its Usine Hollyhock music software for Windows and Mac.
Usine Hollyhock is a unique piece of software which introduces several revolutionary concepts.
Usine is dedicated to live music and real-time installations. It’s not a traditional Digital Audio Workstation so, it has a very specific approach.
Also it’s a modular environment, which means that, even if you can find many ready to use examples, the main goal is to create and customize your live set to fit it exactly to your needs.
Changes in Usine Hollyhock v11
- The listbox module is now opened centered on last selected.
- The internal Message module works now in sub patch.
- Flag MIDI input ports with MIDI LEARN on or off fixed.
- Most of Audio sound card last issues fixed.
- Wires from script outlets are pasted correctly now in sub patch.
- In the panner module, all the speaker-parameters are now saved.
- Fix a XY Pad Preset Manager bug.
- Fix the Matrix module Hiding Header causes enable icon to be hidden under top right cell.
- Fix the MIDI control of top level patch on/off.
- Fix the bad routing of signal in matrix midi 8×8.
- Fix the issues about the creation of stuck Midi notes.
Usine Hollyhock is available for purchase for 119 EUR.
More information: Sensomusic
Monocasual has released version 0.9 of its Giada Loop Machine for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Giada v0.9 includes a deep GUI redesign with full-screen support.
Giada is a free, minimal, hardcore audio tool for DJs, live performers and electronic musicians. How does it work? Just pick up your channel, fill it with samples or MIDI events and start the show by using this tiny piece of software as a loop machine, drum machine, sequencer, live sampler or yet as a plugin/effect host. Giada aims to be a compact and portable virtual device for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows for production use and live sets.
Changes in Giada v0.9
- New full-screen GUI.
- Multi-column support.
- Advanced logging system.
- Upgrade to RtAudio 4.1.1 and RtMidi 2.1.0.
- Removed embedded RtAudio (thanks to Arty).
- Fix wrong processing of VST MIDI events on 64 bit version.
- Fix stretched buttons when resizing sample editor window.
- ‘Clear all samples’ destroys channels (fixed).
- ‘Free channel’ messes up loop / mute buttons (fixed).
- Fix potential recordings with odd frames.
Giada is available to download at no charge (binaries and source code).
More information: Monocasual Giada
Sound Radix has released version 1.0.5 of 32 Lives, a 32-bit to 64-bit Audio-Units plug-ins adapter for Mac.
We’ve plucked every last hair from our eyebrows and we’re happy to finally bring you complete Virtual Guitarist 2 compatibility with 32 Lives! This version also includes GUI compatibility fixes and other improvements.
The update is free to download for 32 Lives users. A new trial version is available for download as well.
Sound Radix has also announced AAX AudioSuite compatibility for Auto-Align and SurferEQ.
You’ve asked for it and we’re happy to comply – Auto-Align and SurferEQ are now AAX AudioSuite compatible. Need to print the tracks for your shamelessly un-radical mixing engineer or archive your project? No problem. Just copy+paste your setting from the real time plug-in and hit the Render button. If you haven’t done so already, please visit your user area to download the latest installers.
We currently recommend our AAX plug-ins for Pro Tools 11.x only. Please use the RTAS versions for Pro Tools 10.3.x and earlier.
Furthermore, Sound Radix is offering three 32 Lives bundle offers.
We’ve teamed up with Blue Cat Audio, LennarDigital and GSi to offer you these great value bundles. Check them out! Offer is available for bundle purchases only.
32 Lives Bundles
- Blue Cat Audio Patchwork + 32 Lives Bundle – $129 USD (reg. $178) — Create full racks of effects and instruments, mix & match 32 and 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins such as Sylenth1 and RogerLinn’s AdrenaLinn Sync in your 64-bit DAW, including Pro Tools 11!
- LennarDigital Sylenth1 + 32 Lives Bundle – 159 EUR (reg. 212 EUR) — LennarDigital Sylenth1. The synth and the legend you’ve heard on countless #1 chart-toppers. Buy it now with 32 Lives and get the 2.0 update Free of charge!
- GSi Instrument + 32 Lives Bundle $125 USD (reg. $166) — Whether it’s the ultimate Tonewheel organ emulation VB3, or down to the tine noise modeling of electro-mechanical classics such as MrRay MkII, EG70 or the funky ZD6, we’ve got you covered.
More information: Sound Radix
Image-Line’s FL Studio Guru has posted a video on FL Studio 32 vs 64 Bit, explaining the differences and similarities between the two versions of the music production software.
Since we launched FL Studio 64 Bit we’ve had a lot of questions from customers asking if they should switch from FL Studio 32 to 64 Bit. In this video we look at the differences and similarities between these two versions and hopefully make the decision a little clearer.
FL Studio 64 Bit is a free option for existing customers while new customers get FL Studio 32 and 64 Bit with no change to current FL Studio pricing. FL Studio 64 is available in a single unified FL Studio 32/64 Bit installer or as a 64 Bit update installer for any version of FL Studio 11.
FL Studio is available for purchase for $99 USD (Fruity Edition) / $199 USD (Producer Edition) / $299 USD (Signature Bundle). New Image-Line customers get a 10% discount on their order.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.4 of its PatchWork plug-in host for Windows and Mac.
This new version includes MIDI channel filtering for plug-ins input, parallel processing chains improvements (selectable summing mode and solo buttons), and several compatibility improvements on Mac.
Changes in Blue Cat PatchWork v1.4
- Selectable parallel processing chains summing mode: sum or average.
- Solo button for parallel chains.
- MIDI Channel filtering for each plug-in input.
- Fixed undo/redo incompatibilities with some plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed crash introduced in 1.3 when trying to load missing VST plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed wrong plug-in instantiated in some cases when selected from a VST shell package.
- (Mac) Fixed crash after closing the editor of an Audio Unit plug-in loaded with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is available for purchase for 59 EUR/$79 USD.
More information: Blue Cat Audio / PatchWork
MuTools has released version 6 of its MuLab music production studio for Windows and Mac.
MuLab 6.0 features an enhanced look and feel and a rich collection of new and improved features throughout the app that all together seriously increase the creativity, comfort and productivity of MuLab.
Changes in MuLab v6.0
- Docked part editors that auto-follow the focused track.
- Direct buttons for showing/hiding the browser, mixing desk and session modular area.
- New “Export Consolidated Session” function for making a complete session folder for export to another system.
- New “Export Tracks As Audio Files” function which exports each main track as a separate audio file.
- All rendering-to-audio functions can now be interrupted by pressing ESC.
- Audio parts now give you full control over the fade-in and fade-out curves and show these curves on the audio data.
- Audio parts: When changing the gain or stereo pan in the part property panel, this is applied to all selected audio parts.
- Sequence parts: When changing the transpose or velocity in the part property panel, this is applied to all selected sequence parts.
- New “Add New MuSampla Track” function.
- New “Insert Time Slice” and “Delete Time Slice” functions.
- New “Select Similar Sequence Parts” function.
- New “Increase Tempo”, “Decrease Tempo”, “Half Tempo” and “Double Tempo” shortcut functions.
- Part Editors
- Sequence editor now has two tools: The standard arrow tool (cfr M5) and the pencil tool which makes it easier to quickly insert and delete notes with a single click.
- Sequence editor now has an event property panel for quickly changing the (selected) event values in an alternative way. With optimized undo/redo support so to avoid redundant undo/redo steps!
- New “Transpose -1″, “Transpose +1″, “Transpose -12″, “Transpose +12″ sequence shortcut functions.
- Envelope editor now has an envelope point property panel, similar to the event property panel in the sequence editor.
- Audio-, sequence- and automation editors now much more clearly indicate the active/inactive region.
- Improved Event List Editor: Better layout + events that are outside the actual play region are grayed.
- Event Graph Editor: Support for individual note keys, which is handy to select the velocities of a certain key.
- MUX Modular
- New MuSampla version 2.
- Improved MuDrum:
- Improved mix-racks.
- MuDrum sampler plug-in slots now also have an explicit On/Off button.
- MuDrum: Pad editor is switched also when playing the pads.
- MultiSampla now has 4 stereo outputs so you can route specific zones to a separate output.
- Modular Feedback Delay now has a “Invert Feedback” switch.
- Rack slots and module buttons now include a process on/off switch.
- Multi-sample editor: Zone editor now integrated as a docked sub-editor.
- Added support for note key names e.g. for when a target module defines C3 as “Kick”, D3 as “Snare” etc.
- All embedded sample displays (e.g. in MuSampla and in the multi-sample zones) are fully functional now.
- New “Focus Previous Rack” and “Focus Next Rack” shortcut functions. These functions make it possible to also use MuLab as a stage rack with a bunch of preset racks that can be selected via MIDI.
- Improved curve editing: Curve edit fields (e.g. in the Audio Balancers) now support direct editing i.e. (alt+) drag up/down to change the curve without having to open the curve editor. Opening the curve editor is done via double-click. Plus other detailed improvements wrt curve editing.
- Improved and extended browser functionality.
- Added support for saving/reloading the sample markers near the source sample file.
- Optimized audio engine which should result in less drop-outs when high CPU load on certain systems.
- Many more preferences so to tune MuLab to your flavor.
- Improved look and feel.
- Improved factory library.
- Many more improvements which all together make a big difference.
MuLab 6 UL is available for purchase for 69 EUR. The upgrade from MuLab 5 UL is 17 EUR, and MuLab XT users can upgrade for 45 EUR until August 31st (regular 59 EUR). MuLab Free can be downloaded from the MuTools website.
More information: MuTools
Cockos has released version 4.7 of Reaper, the music production software for Windows and Mac.
REAPER is digital audio workstation software: a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment.
Changes in Reaper v4.7
- Project settings: better media format options for glue/apply FX, etc.
- Able to select a preset when loading an FX.
- More commands added to project tabs context menu, including Close all projects but current.
- Multiple files can be opened together, each in its own project tab.
- Project Tab close button can be dragged and dropped to left or right.
- Media Explorer options now include Preserve pitch shift when changing media, Pitch shift knob behavior (now configurable), Always show waveform peaks for selected media, Display preview positions in tenths of seconds, Auto-stop preview after adding media and Add current folder to shortcut list.
- Item Properties dialog: Position and Length can be displayed as time, beats or HMSF.
- New option on MIDI Editor Customize note names menu to Merge note names from file …
- New MIDI Editor mouse modifier contexts for MIDI source loop and marker and MIDI marker/region lane.
- ReaVerb usage tips.
- File Consolidate/Export: more options explained.
- Project rendering: more options explained.
- New option under Preferences, General to open last active project, all previously open project tabs, new project, or prompt. More options explained.
- Performance Meter data is now sortable: also ReaMote column added when ReaMote is enabled.
- Check the changelog for full details.
Cockos has also updated its ReaPlugs effect plugins to version 2.2, adding a 64-bit version and updates for ReaJS.
More information: Reaper