, Blue Cat
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 20, 2014 - 0 comments
Blue Cat Audio has released an update for the Blue Cat’s PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer plug-ins, improving compatibility with third party plug-ins and adding new interoperability features.
Both plug-ins can now load more VST and Audio Unit plug-ins (fixing compatibility issues with several plug-ins manufacturers). For improved interoperability between systems, plug-ins’ state are now retained even if the plug-ins are missing, and VST plug-ins can be relocated if moved.
The new PatchWork 1.5 plug-in also supports MIDI FX Audio Units and can be loaded as a MIDI FX in Logic Pro X to quickly build complex MIDI effects chains (full change list below).
Changes in PatchWork v1.5 / MB-7 Mixer v2.4
- New Features for both plug-ins:
- Missing VST plug-ins can now be relocated if not found.
- The plug-in now saves missing plug-ins’ state so that they can be restored later.
- New Features for Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.5:
- The Audio Unit can now be loaded as a MIDI FX in Logic Pro X.
- MIDI FX Audio Units can now be loaded into the plug-in.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for both plug-ins:
- Fixed issue on Mac when loading sessions created on Windows using VST plug-ins in sub-directories.
- Fixing compatibility issues with several plug-ins that used to crash when unloaded (Image Line, MeldaProduction, Catanya…).
- VST Plug-in name is now displayed when loaded from a missing VST shell bundle (instead of just the name of the bundle).
- (Mac) Fixed random crashes when using keyboard shortcuts in the host application to switch between plug-ins or tracks.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.5:
- (Mac) Fixed parameters not available for mapping when Audio Unit bridged with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
- (Mac) Fixed parameters mapped with wrong range for some Audio Units (u-he, AAS…).
- (Mac) Fixed parameter changes sent from host not visible in the user interface for some Audio Units (u-he…).
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer 2.4:
- (Mac) Fixed crash introduced in 2.3 when trying to load missing VST plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed crash after closing the editor of an Audio Unit plug-in loaded with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is available for purchase for 59 EUR / $79 USD. Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer costs 99 EUR / $129 USD. Prices excl. VAT.
The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio
DDMF has announced the release of Metaplugin in RTAS format.
DDMF’s extremely popular plugin chainer/wrapper Metaplugin has now also been released in RTAS format. As we’ve found out that there are still a lot of users on ProTools 8 or 9, this step has long been overdue, but now finally been taken.
You can therefore use Metaplugin as a VST-RTAS wrapper or a VST-AU wrapper if you just want to load single non-RTAS plugins into ProTools, or, of course, you can go completely wild and create the effect or instrument chain of your dreams.
Go give the demo a spin, or if you are already owning Metaplugin for a different platform, the RTAS version is right there in your download section…
Metaplugin for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX/RTAS) is available for purchase for $49 USD.
More information: DDMF / Metaplugin
Bitwig has released version 1.0.15 of Bitwig Studio, the music production software for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Bitwig Studio is a dynamic software solution for music creation and performance to realize all of your musical ideas in every stage of production.
Changes in Bitwig Studio v1.0.15
- Improved: Show progress when auto-detecting controllers.
- Improved: Made auto-detecting of MIDI controllers faster.
- Improved: Add support for AKAI EWI controller.
- Improved: Add keyboard shortcut for zoom to fit (Cmd/Ctrl+0).
- Improved: When a disk-streaming buffer-underrun occurs (for instance when jumping to a location in a sample which could not be predicted), a fade.in is now applied when the streaming catches up to prevent clicks.
- Improved: Updated scripts from Livid Instruments.
- Fixed: Plugin’s window header is sometimes out of screen on Windows.
- Fixed: Add SysEx probe command to control surface console.
- Fixed: Parameter names not shown for UAD (and some other) plug-ins.
- Fixed: Freeze when moving MOD device within another MOD device’s FX chain.
- Fixed: EQs could blow-up when using extreme Q values with four-pole LP/HP filters.
- Fixed: UAD plug-ins all get the title “UAD powered plugin” when added to the device chain.
- Fixed: Improved Linux MIDI support – Virtual MIDI now works.
- Fixed: Crash when undoing the deletion of an automation lane for an indexed value atom.
- Fixed: Crash if using the bounce modifier and deleting the destination before the bounce completes.
- Fixed: Hybrid audio/MIDI interface M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 not recognized as MIDI device in Linux.
- Fixed: Overdubbing notes in the clip launcher does not end the undo operation when the user turns off the overdub button.
- Fixed: Crash when dragging arranger clips with automation follow in some circumstances.
- Fixed: Selecting automation points on the arranger using rectangular selection tool is extremely slow even when zoomed in on small part of the automation.
- Fixed: OSX gatekeeper trouble introduced by OSX 10.9.5 and 10.10 Preview.
- Fixed: Auditioning is too loud when changing velocity of notes.
- Fixed: NI Maschine drag and drop from plugin into the host does not work.
- Fixed: Crash on OSX when switching display profile while an audio interface is configured that is not available anymore.
Bitwig Studio is available for purchase for 299 EUR (full) 229 EUR (edu).
More information: Bitwig
Propellerhead Software has announced the release of Reason 8, a major new version of the award-winning Reason music production software which introduces a completely redesigned user interface and streamlined new workflow.
“Musicians and producers love Reason because it’s both fun and inspiring,” said Leo Nathorst-Böös, Propellerhead Product Marketing Manager. “For Reason 8, we’ve introduced a new creative flow that feels second nature to exploring sounds and developing songs. Whether you have lots of experience or just starting out, Reason is the fastest way to develop musical ideas and capture your inspiration.”
Reason 8 introduces a redesigned user interface, fresh new look and even smoother creative flow. Quickly and easily access your sounds, loops and patches whenever you need them using a new browser and search window—a one-stop-shop for creative inspiration. Dial-in incredible guitar and bass tones with a collection of new amps from legendary circuit modeler Softube—simply plug in your instrument, crank up the volume and experience the uncompromising tone, response and dynamics of the world’s finest classic amplifiers.
Reason 8 also features countless usability improvements that put the flow back in workflow. Drag-and-drop from anywhere to anything and work faster with fewer clicks. Edit your tracks quickly with more powerful sequence note editing. Reason 8 lets you flow seamlessly from initial idea to completed song. And, with an ever-expanding selection of Rack Extension plug-ins available in the Propellerhead shop, you can easily expand your rack to include everything your music needs—now and in the future.
Reason 8 is available for purchase for 405 EUR/$449 USD, Reason Essentials 8 is 120 EUR/$129 USD, and the Reason 8 Upgrade (from any previous Reason version) costs 129 EUR/$129 USD. Propellerhead is also offering a grace period for customers who purchased Reason 7 on or after July 1, 2014.
More information: Propellerhead / Reason 8
Ableton has released version 9.1.5 of Live 9, its music production software for Windows and Mac.
If you’ve used music software before, you’re already familiar with one half of Ableton Live. Live’s Arrangement View is a familiar working space: time moves from left to right, while tracks are stacked vertically.
But Live also features the revolutionary Session View: a unique sketchpad for improvising, playing and performing with musical ideas, without the constraints of the timeline. Freely and independently start and stop any number of audio or MIDI loops – everything stays in sync. Almost everything in Live works in real-time – add, reorder or remove devices, play with Live’s flexible track routing and more – all without interrupting your creative flow.
Changes in Live v9.1.5
- Improvements and feature changes:
- Minor improvement to ensure compatibility with Mac OS X’ Gatekeeper for the forthcoming OS X updates 10.9.5 and 10.10.
- Improved the threshold for inverting text colour of clip names, chains, macros, etc., depending on the background color, for better readability.
- Bug fixes:
- The [live.thisdevice] Max for Live object would no longer send a bang message out its first outlet when adding/removing control surface scripts in the Live preferences.
- Under certain conditions, the MIDI level indicator would not show any activity inside the routing chooser of a MIDI track.
- The Send button on the APC40 MKII would not work when pressed for the first time.
- The Launchpad’s Mixer mode would stop working after using the Launchpad’s Session Zoom feature in Live sets containing more that 8 tracks.
- Changes for Push:
- When using a low audio buffer size or high sample rate, Push’s buttons would not be backlit after launching Live (Windows only).
- When entering Scales mode on Push, the Selection and State Control buttons would not light up until one of them is pressed once.
- Push’s Duplicate button would not work any more for clips, tracks and scenes if Clip workflow is selected.
Live 9 is available for purchase for 349 EUR (Standard) / 79 EUR (Intro) / 599 EUR (Suite). The version 9.1.5 update is available to download from Ableton.
More information: Ableton
More posts that match this tag
Bitwig has released version 1.0.14 of Bitwig Studio, a music software for Windows, Mac and Linux. Bitwig Studio is a dynamic software solution for music creation and performance to realize all of your musical ideas … read more
Image-Line has released version 11.1.1 of its FL Studio music production software for Windows. We are pleased to announce the FL Studio 11.1.1 32/64 Bit update that adds native support for the Novation Launch Control … read more
Topten Software has released build 2068 of Cantabile 2.0, a VST host software for Windows. Play VSTs, trigger media clips, instantly switch between songs, integrate with your existing hardware, control it all via MIDI and … read more
Acoustica has announced a public beta of version 7 of its Mixcraft music production software for Windows. Welcome, Mixcraft Beta Tester! Here’s a quick look at some of the new features in Mixcraft 7, including … read more
Sensomusic has released version 11 of its Usine Hollyhock music software for Windows and Mac. Usine Hollyhock is a unique piece of software which introduces several revolutionary concepts. Usine is dedicated to live music and … read more
Monocasual has released version 0.9 of its Giada Loop Machine for Windows, Mac and Linux. Giada v0.9 includes a deep GUI redesign with full-screen support. Giada is a free, minimal, hardcore audio tool for DJs, … read more
Sound Radix has released version 1.0.5 of 32 Lives, a 32-bit to 64-bit Audio-Units plug-ins adapter for Mac. We’ve plucked every last hair from our eyebrows and we’re happy to finally bring you complete Virtual … read more
Image-Line’s FL Studio Guru has posted a video on FL Studio 32 vs 64 Bit, explaining the differences and similarities between the two versions of the music production software. Since we launched FL Studio 64 … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.4 of its PatchWork plug-in host for Windows and Mac. This new version includes MIDI channel filtering for plug-ins input, parallel processing chains improvements (selectable summing mode and solo … read more
MuTools has released version 6 of its MuLab music production studio for Windows and Mac. MuLab 6.0 features an enhanced look and feel and a rich collection of new and improved features throughout the app … read more
Cockos has released version 4.7 of Reaper, the music production software for Windows and Mac. REAPER is digital audio workstation software: a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment. Changes … read more
Image-Line has announced the release of a 64-bit version of its FL Studio music production software. FL Studio 64 Bit is a free option for existing customers while new customers get FL Studio 32 and … read more
Ableton has released version 9.1.3 of the Live 9 music production software for Windows and Mac. Create, produce and perform. Create ideas, make changes without stopping, and capture everything as you work. Changes in Live … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.3 of Blue Cat’s PatchWork, a new version of the “universal plug-ins patch bay” available in multiple audio plug-in formats. With Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.3, it is now possible … read more
Image-Line has posted a previe video of the new vectorial mixer that will be part of the upcoming FL Studio 12 music production software. The FL Studio 12 Alpha preview version is available to download … read more