Bitwig has announced the release of version 1.1 of Bitwig Studio, the first major update of the cross-platform music production software.
Experience unrivalled controller integration, latency compensation for plug-ins and hardware that works. Design elaborate sidechains and presets with multi-in/out VST technology. Route anything from anywhere to any point in your project using the new suite of routing devices. Take control of the fastest workflow available for Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux.
Changes in Bitwig v1.1
- Advanced VST Multi-out Sidechain Support.
- True Latency Compensation.
- Advanced Routing Capabilities (Audio/MIDI).
- Track, Chain, and Device Deactivation.
- 6 New Devices: Audio Receiver, Note Receiver, Note MOD, De-Esser.
- Multiband FX2 and Multiband FX3.
- New Modulation Parameters.
- Enhanced Timestretching Capabilities.
- Updated Controller API.
- Tap Tempo.
- More Details…
Bitwig Studio is on sale for $299.99 USD/259 EUR until January 15th, 2015.
More information: Bitwig
Steinberg has released version 6.5.35 of Nuendo, the audio post-production software.
Besides extensive product maintenance for the AAF import and export filter as well as new AAF functionality, this update provides full support for PROXIMITY, the upcoming game audio surround technology by IOSONO/Barco.
PROXIMITY game audio technology
IOSONO PROXIMITY is a new audio technology standard that “raises the gaming experience to the next level of realism”. PROXIMITY ensures a highly accurate localization of game sounds by bringing sound effects and dialog into the inner circle of a surround field. Sounds come closer with depth, extending into the room from the speakers all the way to the listener’s position. For sound designers, PROXIMITY is a powerful new tool in their content creation toolbox, realizing great effects with only little effort. Through the integration into Nuendo, PROXIMITY technology seamlessly slips into existing workflows for game sound design.
Fully integrated with Nuendo 6.5.35
Nuendo 6.5.35 provides full support for the PROXIMITY technology by updating the integrated surround panner Anymix Pro to the Anymix Pro PROXIMITY version. As soon as Anymix Pro is used with a PROXIMITY bus inside Nuendo, it turns into a command center for PROXIMITY game sound production by offering PROXIMITY effects and control parameters.
More information: Steinberg / PROXIMITY
, FL Studio
, Fruity Loops
Posted in news
on Nov 12, 2014 - 0 comments
Image-Line has announced a beta version of FL Studio 12, the music production software for Windows.
FL Studio 12 totally reworks the user interface and adds exciting new features you have been asking for.
If you already own FL Studio the good news is you will get free access to the FL Studio 12 Beta and to FL Studio 12 release. So buy FL Studio now, and be the first in line to work with the FL Studio 12 Beta.
New in FL Studio 12 (beta)
- Fully reworked scalable interface – Any screen size or resolution you use, FL Studio will always fit.
- Multi-touch – Multi-touch capability extends to the Mixer.
- Browser – New category tabs and the ability to delete content on right-click.
- Channel Menu – The Channel Options Menu have moved from the Toolbar Menus to the Channel rack.
- Channel settings – Have been integrated into the Plugin Wrapper (no more Channel settings pop-up).
- Pattern Menu – The Pattern Menu has moved from the Channel rack to the Toolbar Menu and Pattern Selector.
- Piano roll – Piano roll Auto-zoom can now be deselected from Settings > General > Auto zoom in piano roll.
- Playlist – Multiple drag and drop for audio files onto Playlist (from a Windows file browser).
- Stepsequencer – Step sequences are now interchangeable with Piano rolls.
- VST Plugins – VST plugin installation & discovery improved and simplified.
- Fruity Formula Controller – Updated, new UI.
- Fruity Envelope Controller – Updated, 8 Articulators, Mod X/Y env, Smart Knobs, New UI.
- Fruity Keyboard Controller – Attack smoothing, new UI.
FL Studio is available for purchase starting at $99 USD. New Image-Line customers can get 10% discount on their first order. The beta is now available to download for registered Image-Line forum users (registration is free).
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio 12
Abeem Live Technologies has released version 1.1 of Rack Performer, a modular environment for live performance.
This free update brings many improvements to streamline the patch creation experience, making it as quick and effortless as possible. This includes the new modules tree in patch mode, for easy drag’n’drop module instantiation. The integrated search bar comes very handy to find plug-ins in large collections, as it narrows down the tree contents as soon as letters are typed in. There are also the new “magnetic linking” and “snap linking” features, to make audio links creation a breeze by just moving modules close to each others (magnetic) or dragging links close to audio pins (snap), as well as visual feedback to help discover and better understand the N:N and 1:N linking mode when using a keyboard modifier key.
The second important new feature of this release is the ability to create live-sets. Live-sets are collections of individual live files. By grouping files together it is possible to have a completely different patch, samples and mappings configuration per song during a concert, and to switch easily between them. This way each document can use all CPU and RAM resources without interfering with the others. Unified mappings allow to define MIDI and keyboard mappings to switch documents easily, without having to define the same mappings in every document. The “direct select” mapping mode is best suited for linear performances where the song order does not change, whereas the “free select” mode makes document recall in arbitrary order possible, by displaying the document pre-selection in the screen ticker (two-step pre-select + validate process)
Other improvements like the new velocity filter built-in MIDI effect are included.
Changes in Rack Performer v1.1
- New features:
- Live-sets allow to create collections of documents (ex: songs) and recall them easily during the concert performance.
- Live-sets are stored as .RPS files and are created and edited with the new live-set manager window.
- Live-set individual documents can be recalled by a unified keyboard or MIDI mapping in direct-select or select+validate modes.
- New modules tree in patch mode allows to create modules faster (drag and drop or double-click).
- Search bar in modules tree narrows down the displayed list when characters are typed.
- New “notes velocity” internal MIDI effect allows to create velocity layers and splits (as well as creative velocity compression/expansion/noisegating effects).
- Magnetic patching makes audio link creation in patcher quick and effortless, by just moving modules close to each others to add new links.
- Minor modifications:
- Virtual screens can be re-ordered by drag’n’drop directly from the “dispatch” dialog (same behaviour as the screen switcher floating bar).
- Clicking on the recorder peak display when not recording now resets the peak value.
- When switching live-sets documents with a controller, selection is displayed in ticker (+ option to disable).
- Documents (live files) can now have a title distinct from the file name (title is editable in the “info and latency” dialog).
- Modules tree can be displayed or hidden via the “Patch” menu.
- When draging audio links in patcher the link now snaps to the closest target when closing in.
- Clicking on an audio pin in patcher with a keyboard modifier key pressed disconnects that pin.
- Magnetic patching can be enabled and disabled using the “patch” menu.
- Added visual feedback of the outcome when patching multiple pins at once in patcher using keyboard modifier key.
- Selecting multiple links with mouse plus keyboard modifier key in patcher is less tedious (previously any off-click would lose the selection).
- Bug fixes:
- Presets box GUI control did not enforce presets port custom upper bound.
- After a quick keyboard mapping cinematic, keyboard mapper could become enabled while in patch mode (mappings are normally enabled only in edit mode).
- “Decrement” MIDI mapping type could produce incorrect control values sometimes.
- When starting the main window looked maximized but was not completely maximized.
Rack Performer for Windows is available for purchase for 139 EUR.
More information: Abeem / Rack Performer
, Blue Cat
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 20, 2014 - 0 comments
Blue Cat Audio has released an update for the Blue Cat’s PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer plug-ins, improving compatibility with third party plug-ins and adding new interoperability features.
Both plug-ins can now load more VST and Audio Unit plug-ins (fixing compatibility issues with several plug-ins manufacturers). For improved interoperability between systems, plug-ins’ state are now retained even if the plug-ins are missing, and VST plug-ins can be relocated if moved.
The new PatchWork 1.5 plug-in also supports MIDI FX Audio Units and can be loaded as a MIDI FX in Logic Pro X to quickly build complex MIDI effects chains (full change list below).
Changes in PatchWork v1.5 / MB-7 Mixer v2.4
- New Features for both plug-ins:
- Missing VST plug-ins can now be relocated if not found.
- The plug-in now saves missing plug-ins’ state so that they can be restored later.
- New Features for Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.5:
- The Audio Unit can now be loaded as a MIDI FX in Logic Pro X.
- MIDI FX Audio Units can now be loaded into the plug-in.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for both plug-ins:
- Fixed issue on Mac when loading sessions created on Windows using VST plug-ins in sub-directories.
- Fixing compatibility issues with several plug-ins that used to crash when unloaded (Image Line, MeldaProduction, Catanya…).
- VST Plug-in name is now displayed when loaded from a missing VST shell bundle (instead of just the name of the bundle).
- (Mac) Fixed random crashes when using keyboard shortcuts in the host application to switch between plug-ins or tracks.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.5:
- (Mac) Fixed parameters not available for mapping when Audio Unit bridged with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
- (Mac) Fixed parameters mapped with wrong range for some Audio Units (u-he, AAS…).
- (Mac) Fixed parameter changes sent from host not visible in the user interface for some Audio Units (u-he…).
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer 2.4:
- (Mac) Fixed crash introduced in 2.3 when trying to load missing VST plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed crash after closing the editor of an Audio Unit plug-in loaded with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is available for purchase for 59 EUR / $79 USD. Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer costs 99 EUR / $129 USD. Prices excl. VAT.
The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio
More posts that match this tag
DDMF has announced the release of Metaplugin in RTAS format. DDMF’s extremely popular plugin chainer/wrapper Metaplugin has now also been released in RTAS format. As we’ve found out that there are still a lot of … read more
Bitwig has released version 1.0.15 of Bitwig Studio, the music production software for Windows, Mac and Linux. Bitwig Studio is a dynamic software solution for music creation and performance to realize all of your musical … read more
Propellerhead Software has announced the release of Reason 8, a major new version of the award-winning Reason music production software which introduces a completely redesigned user interface and streamlined new workflow. “Musicians and producers love … read more
Ableton has released version 9.1.5 of Live 9, its music production software for Windows and Mac. If you’ve used music software before, you’re already familiar with one half of Ableton Live. Live’s Arrangement View is … read more
Bitwig has released version 1.0.14 of Bitwig Studio, a music software for Windows, Mac and Linux. Bitwig Studio is a dynamic software solution for music creation and performance to realize all of your musical ideas … read more
Image-Line has released version 11.1.1 of its FL Studio music production software for Windows. We are pleased to announce the FL Studio 11.1.1 32/64 Bit update that adds native support for the Novation Launch Control … read more
Topten Software has released build 2068 of Cantabile 2.0, a VST host software for Windows. Play VSTs, trigger media clips, instantly switch between songs, integrate with your existing hardware, control it all via MIDI and … read more
Acoustica has announced a public beta of version 7 of its Mixcraft music production software for Windows. Welcome, Mixcraft Beta Tester! Here’s a quick look at some of the new features in Mixcraft 7, including … read more
Sensomusic has released version 11 of its Usine Hollyhock music software for Windows and Mac. Usine Hollyhock is a unique piece of software which introduces several revolutionary concepts. Usine is dedicated to live music and … read more
Monocasual has released version 0.9 of its Giada Loop Machine for Windows, Mac and Linux. Giada v0.9 includes a deep GUI redesign with full-screen support. Giada is a free, minimal, hardcore audio tool for DJs, … read more
Sound Radix has released version 1.0.5 of 32 Lives, a 32-bit to 64-bit Audio-Units plug-ins adapter for Mac. We’ve plucked every last hair from our eyebrows and we’re happy to finally bring you complete Virtual … read more
Image-Line’s FL Studio Guru has posted a video on FL Studio 32 vs 64 Bit, explaining the differences and similarities between the two versions of the music production software. Since we launched FL Studio 64 … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.4 of its PatchWork plug-in host for Windows and Mac. This new version includes MIDI channel filtering for plug-ins input, parallel processing chains improvements (selectable summing mode and solo … read more
MuTools has released version 6 of its MuLab music production studio for Windows and Mac. MuLab 6.0 features an enhanced look and feel and a rich collection of new and improved features throughout the app … read more
Cockos has released version 4.7 of Reaper, the music production software for Windows and Mac. REAPER is digital audio workstation software: a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment. Changes … read more