Blue Cat Audio has announces that it has released it first standalone audio application with Blue Cat’s PatchWork version 1.6.
The “universal plug-ins patch bay” is now available as a standalone application for Mac and PC, in addition to all major audio plug-in formats that were already supported.
The new Blue Cat’s PatchWork application is a fast and lightweight host that can quickly load audio effect plug-ins and virtual instruments for immediate usage. It supports up to 8 audio I/O, tempo synchronization, Audio Unit and VST plug-ins hosting (up to 64 plug-ins), copy/paste between multiple applications. Presets created with the standalone application or the plug-in are compatible and can be shared between all plug-in formats to quickly reload effect chains. The application and the plug-ins inserted into it can also be controlled via MIDI.
This new version also brings several enhancements and compatibility improvements to the plug-in versions.
The update is free for existing customers and is available for download from the same page as the initial purchase (link received by email). Demo versions of the application or plug-in (VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats) can also be downloaded on www.bluecataudio.com, for both Mac and PC (32 and 64-bit).
New in Blue Cat’s PatchWorks
- Now available as a standalone host application.
- Improved presets and session load/save performance (up to 4 times faster in some situations).
- Fixed issue with Izotope Audio Units that were configured as mono effects on stereo tracks.
- Fixed crashes during auto save with Kontakt 5 in Pro Tools 11.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is available for purchase for 59 EUR / $79 USD (VAT excluded).
More information: Blue Cat Audio / PatchWork
Bitwig has updated its Bitwig Studio cross-platform music production software to version 1.1.1.
Bitwig Studio is a dynamic software solution for music creation and performance to realize all of your musical ideas in every stage of production.
Changes in Bitwig Studio v1.1
- Improved: Dragging in a device does not always make it selected after the drop.
- Improved: Controller API: distinguish between mixer and editor selection in channel interface (added selectInMixer, addIsSelectedInMixerObserver).
- Improved: Controller API: add access to deactivated state to channel interface.
- Improved: Controller API: add access to open state of plugin windows.
- Fixed: Controller API: device layer selection does not work correctly.
- Fixed: Tempo field in audio event inspector does not get updated when undoing tempo edits.
- Fixed: Controller API: CursorDevice.addCanSelectNext (Previous) Observer is not updated correctly after script reload.
- Fixed: Controller API: canScroll observers are not called for device layer bank and drum pad bank.
- Fixed: Controller API: Scene.exists ().addValueObserver () is never called.
- Fixed: Channel Aftertouch and Program Change messages didn’t work on MIDI in for Linux.
- Fixed: Clip launcher clips we’re slowly drifting apart due to accumulating rounding error.
- Fixed: When dragging an unnamed arranger clip to the browser the default name to save the clip under has “Scene x” appended to the name.
- Fixed: Helper windows such as DSP graph or Scripting Console should not become full-screen with their parent window on OS X.
- Fixed: PDC does not work correctly for chains of Multi-Out VST plug-ins.
- Fixed: Timeline controlled launching in clips does not work correctly.
- Fixed: Dragging note start might result in incorrect order of notes, which causes playback errors.
- Fixed: Engine crashed when playing audio files with audio I/O running at 192 kHz.
- Fixed: Creating beat markers via double-click always prefers onset snapping, even if the preview shows differently and object snapping is disabled.
Bitwig Studio is available for purchase for $299.99 USD/259 EUR until January 15th, 2015.
More information: Bitwig
Native Instruments has released version 2.2 of Maschine, a major update of the acclaimed integrated hardware/software groove production system.
New features include Smart Play™, adding new melodic capabilities, unified sound browsing, full KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard integration, Light Guide™ synchronization, and more to the MASCHINE workflow.
The MASCHINE 2.2 update adds a powerful new melodic dimension to the MASCHINE workflow. The Smart Play™ features include a new scale and chord engine, as well as a fully-functional arpeggiator. Producers can select from a range of popular musical scales and chords, and perform them into their productions directly on MASCHINE’s 16 high-sensitivity pads. The arpeggiator allows precise control of direction, octave span, and subdivision – its output is also recorded directly into MASCHINE’s Pattern Editor, providing easy post-performance editing of the note sequences. The update also unlocks MASCHINE STUDIO’s touch-sensitive knobs for an even faster, touch-and-see workflow.
MASCHINE 2.2 also brings full KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series integration to MASCHINE. Producers can browse instruments and effects in the MASCHINE software directly from an S-Series keyboard. Once an instrument or effect is loaded key parameters automatically map to the display knobs on both pieces of hardware. The luxurious Fatar keybeds add a new level of fluid expression. Light Guide™ also synchronizes perfectly with MASCHINE’s pads, giving producers the same level of feedback on both pieces of hardware when switching from beats to melodic playing.
The update is free for all current Maschine 2 owners. Maschine users who have not yet updated to the Maschine 2 software can purchase the upgrade for $49.50 USD/49.50 EUR/£44.50 GBP until December 12th, 2014.
More information: Native Instruments / Maschine
Bitwig has announced the release of version 1.1 of Bitwig Studio, the first major update of the cross-platform music production software.
Experience unrivalled controller integration, latency compensation for plug-ins and hardware that works. Design elaborate sidechains and presets with multi-in/out VST technology. Route anything from anywhere to any point in your project using the new suite of routing devices. Take control of the fastest workflow available for Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux.
Changes in Bitwig v1.1
- Advanced VST Multi-out Sidechain Support.
- True Latency Compensation.
- Advanced Routing Capabilities (Audio/MIDI).
- Track, Chain, and Device Deactivation.
- 6 New Devices: Audio Receiver, Note Receiver, Note MOD, De-Esser.
- Multiband FX2 and Multiband FX3.
- New Modulation Parameters.
- Enhanced Timestretching Capabilities.
- Updated Controller API.
- Tap Tempo.
- More Details…
Bitwig Studio is on sale for $299.99 USD/259 EUR until January 15th, 2015.
More information: Bitwig
Steinberg has released version 6.5.35 of Nuendo, the audio post-production software.
Besides extensive product maintenance for the AAF import and export filter as well as new AAF functionality, this update provides full support for PROXIMITY, the upcoming game audio surround technology by IOSONO/Barco.
PROXIMITY game audio technology
IOSONO PROXIMITY is a new audio technology standard that “raises the gaming experience to the next level of realism”. PROXIMITY ensures a highly accurate localization of game sounds by bringing sound effects and dialog into the inner circle of a surround field. Sounds come closer with depth, extending into the room from the speakers all the way to the listener’s position. For sound designers, PROXIMITY is a powerful new tool in their content creation toolbox, realizing great effects with only little effort. Through the integration into Nuendo, PROXIMITY technology seamlessly slips into existing workflows for game sound design.
Fully integrated with Nuendo 6.5.35
Nuendo 6.5.35 provides full support for the PROXIMITY technology by updating the integrated surround panner Anymix Pro to the Anymix Pro PROXIMITY version. As soon as Anymix Pro is used with a PROXIMITY bus inside Nuendo, it turns into a command center for PROXIMITY game sound production by offering PROXIMITY effects and control parameters.
More information: Steinberg / PROXIMITY
More posts that match this tag
Image-Line has announced a beta version of FL Studio 12, the music production software for Windows. FL Studio 12 totally reworks the user interface and adds exciting new features you have been asking for. If … read more
Outbound link: Image-Line
/ FL Studio 12
– Related: DAW
, FL Studio
, Fruity Loops
Posted in news
on Nov 12, 2014 - 0 comments
Abeem Live Technologies has released version 1.1 of Rack Performer, a modular environment for live performance. This free update brings many improvements to streamline the patch creation experience, making it as quick and effortless as … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released an update for the Blue Cat’s PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer plug-ins, improving compatibility with third party plug-ins and adding new interoperability features. Both plug-ins can now load more VST and … read more
Outbound link: Blue Cat Audio
– Related: AAX
, Blue Cat
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 20, 2014 - 0 comments
DDMF has announced the release of Metaplugin in RTAS format. DDMF’s extremely popular plugin chainer/wrapper Metaplugin has now also been released in RTAS format. As we’ve found out that there are still a lot of … read more
Bitwig has released version 1.0.15 of Bitwig Studio, the music production software for Windows, Mac and Linux. Bitwig Studio is a dynamic software solution for music creation and performance to realize all of your musical … read more
Propellerhead Software has announced the release of Reason 8, a major new version of the award-winning Reason music production software which introduces a completely redesigned user interface and streamlined new workflow. “Musicians and producers love … read more
Ableton has released version 9.1.5 of Live 9, its music production software for Windows and Mac. If you’ve used music software before, you’re already familiar with one half of Ableton Live. Live’s Arrangement View is … read more
Bitwig has released version 1.0.14 of Bitwig Studio, a music software for Windows, Mac and Linux. Bitwig Studio is a dynamic software solution for music creation and performance to realize all of your musical ideas … read more
Image-Line has released version 11.1.1 of its FL Studio music production software for Windows. We are pleased to announce the FL Studio 11.1.1 32/64 Bit update that adds native support for the Novation Launch Control … read more
Topten Software has released build 2068 of Cantabile 2.0, a VST host software for Windows. Play VSTs, trigger media clips, instantly switch between songs, integrate with your existing hardware, control it all via MIDI and … read more
Acoustica has announced a public beta of version 7 of its Mixcraft music production software for Windows. Welcome, Mixcraft Beta Tester! Here’s a quick look at some of the new features in Mixcraft 7, including … read more
Sensomusic has released version 11 of its Usine Hollyhock music software for Windows and Mac. Usine Hollyhock is a unique piece of software which introduces several revolutionary concepts. Usine is dedicated to live music and … read more
Monocasual has released version 0.9 of its Giada Loop Machine for Windows, Mac and Linux. Giada v0.9 includes a deep GUI redesign with full-screen support. Giada is a free, minimal, hardcore audio tool for DJs, … read more
Sound Radix has released version 1.0.5 of 32 Lives, a 32-bit to 64-bit Audio-Units plug-ins adapter for Mac. We’ve plucked every last hair from our eyebrows and we’re happy to finally bring you complete Virtual … read more
Image-Line’s FL Studio Guru has posted a video on FL Studio 32 vs 64 Bit, explaining the differences and similarities between the two versions of the music production software. Since we launched FL Studio 64 … read more