SoulViaSound has announced the release of 8080F, a side chain filter ensemble with M/S processing, built for Reaktor 5 users.
It’s a creative tool perfect for pads processing but not only. You can use it whenever you want to modulate the cutoff envelope with an audio signal. With 8080F you can process only the stereo(side) signal or for example you can apply a low pass filter on the mono(mid) signal and a high pass filter on the stereo(side) signal while the cutoff envelope is modulated independent in the mono and stereo signal. The cutoff envelope is modulate by the difference between the side chain signal and the threshold settings with your attack and release settings.
All you have to do for feeding 8080F side chain is to send an audio signal in the 3/4 inputs from Reaktor 5. You can do this in your DAW (Ableton Live, Logic, Cubase, Reaper, Pro Tools) or in to you NI Maschine software.You have independent controls for the both channels (L-Mono/R-Stereo) but you can also control the filter parameter in link mode. Just press the link switch and start tweaking the left parameters.
8080F for Reaktor 5 is available to purchase for 19.99 EUR.
More information: SoulViaSound / 8080F
Related: analyser and monitor
, effect plugins
, public beta
Posted in news
on Aug 15, 2011
Brainworx has released a public beta of bx_meter, a sophisticated metering and measurement tool that allows you to visually analyze your audio signal in many useful ways.
We believe your mixes will benefit from proper dynamics, especially from a certain range of dynamics your music has. Too loud mixes often sound squashed, and in long mixing sessions your ears often get used to the squashed sound so you´re losing objectivity.
bx_meter will show you Peak and RMS values of your mixes, and in addition to that it will show you the relation between both with the centered DYNAMIC LEDs.
bx_meter has a Mid / Side mode (Sum and Difference) in addition to the standard L/R mode, and it offers 3 different weightings to be used to display the dynamics. Just like all the other Brainworx tools you will find several solo switches and nice extra features like the floating dynamic LED mode.
The vertical layout will make it easy for you to place bx_meter on the right side of your screen without burying other plugins or important sequencer data, and the size of the meter is big enough to show you even the slightest details.
bx_meter will be available to purchase August 22nd for an introductory price (TBA), list price: 99 EUR / $145 USD. The public beta is now available to download.
More information: Brainworx / bx_meter
A.O.M. Factory has released Stereo Imager D, an effect plugin that provides decorrelation-based stereo image control.
A.O.M. Stereo Imager D
Common stereo imager (typically using M/S decomposition) plugins can not retain stereo information of source singal. These plugins sometimes emphasizes side component of input signals, however, such processing easily breaks tonal balance and stereo eld of input singals.
In contrast to others, A.O.M. Stereo Imager D uses on correlation-based decomposition. This algorithm decomposes L/R inputs into L’/C/R’. The correlated component of both channels is mapped to C, the decorrelated components are mapped to L’/R’. The L’ and R’ components have no correlation, it means a true stereo.
Stereo Imager D for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $28 USD.
More information: A.O.M. Factory / Stereo Imager D
Brainworx has announced the release of bx_dynEQ V2, a dynamic equalizer effect for Windows and Mac.
The concept of the bx_dynEQ V2 is a truly NEW approach to dynamic EQ-ing, using innovative M/S features and the new “Inverse Mode” to allow for results not possible with any other EQ.
bx_dynEQ V2 is a mini-bundle in itself, containing bx_dynEQ mono, bx_dynEQ stereo (L/R) and bx_dynEQ stereo (M/S).
bx_dynEQ V2 features
- 1-band and 2-band dynamic EQ.
- Mono, multi-mono and stereo (L/R & M/S).
- BRAINWORX critically acclaimed filters.
- Complete set of filter types for both, main audio path and sidechain: low & high shelving, peak bands, band-pass filters, high-pass, low-pass, bass-shift, presence-shift.
- New and innovative solo modes.
- New “Inverse Mode”.
- New external sidechain input.
- M/S inside… M/S stereo width control on any stereo channel.
- M/S cross-feed feature for sophisticated results.
- Dedicated BYPASS switch in the plug-in GUI.
- “Mouse Over” feature: adjust the parameters by holding the mouse over any knob and simply turn your mouse wheel.
- Direct access: just type in any valid number into the text fields for direct access to the exact value.
- EQ panel with multi-mode EQ display (actual EQ-curves & sidechain filter curves).
- Fully automatable.
bx_dynEQ V2 is available to purchase for the introductory price of 99 EUR for registered Brainworx users, or 149 EUR for new customers until April 30, 2011 (regular 199 EUR). Prices excl. VAT.
Brainworx has also announced bx_ALL, bx_MASTERING, and bx_MIX, three new bundles with up to 30% discount compared to individual plugin prices.
More information: Brainworx
NuGen Audio has announced an update to its StereoPack 2, a collection of effect plug-ins.
We are pleased to announce the introduction of 64-bit Windows versions of Stereoizer, Stereoplacer and Monofilter.
These are free updates available to all existing users and are recommended for anyone using Stereopack components in a 64-Bit DAW environment.
Stereopack 2 is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) priced at $199 USD.
More information: NuGen Audio / Stereopack 2
Audiofile Engineering has released version 1.5 of Spectre, a real-time multi-analyzer for Mac OS X.
First-time users and existing fans alike have plenty to discover in the newest version of Spectre, the real-time multi-analyzer from Audioﬁle Engineering.
Developed exclusively for Mac OS X, Spectre 1.5 not only offers versatile and precise tools for examining live audio, but also makes those tools simpler and more approachable than ever before.
New features include an Inspector window that reduces desktop clutter, additional metering and ﬁltering options, and a specially priced Spectre Starter licensing option designed for beginners and students.
Changes in Spectre v1.5
- Design Improvements – Spectre 1.5 features beautifully redesigned meter windows, facilitating a quick and powerful workflow.
- Performance Improvements – Numerous improvements to the meters, performance and stability upgrades, a greatly improved manual activation process for computers that aren’t online, updated Support window and many more.
- Inspector – Designed to streamline your workflow, the new Inspector window allows you to manage the Trace and Settings properties of all your meters in one window.
- Redesigned Player – Not only did we give the Player a fresh new look, it now natively supports FLAC and Ogg Vorbis files!
- Leq Meter – Requested, and here at last! The Leq meter measures the energy of a section of audio, often referred to as the “loudness.” It’s unlike the level meters that show you the volume of your audio at that very moment. Instead, it takes an average over time so you can get an idea of how much “energy” is implied during a range of time.
- And That’s Not All… – New features in Spectre 1.5 also include A/B/C-weighted filters, Leq filters, calibration for VU and BBC Meters, Form Factor and Crest Factor measurements in the Numerical Meter, gain control for individual traces, the ability to activate/deactivate individual traces, autozoom in the Lissajous Meter and more.
Spectre for Mac OS X is available to purchase for $99 USD. The Spectre Starter version is available for $49 USD.
More information: Audiofile Engineering / Spectre