, DMG Audio
, effect plugins
, multi fx
, pitch shift and time stretch
Posted in news
on May 21, 2012
DMG Audio has announced the release of PitchFunk, a modulation multi fx plug-in for Windows and Mac.
This all started as a toy project – I was ill, so doing some research. I’ve always been interested in the history of pitch shifters and was researching into what it was that made the classic units so special. I built a little toy which sounded great. And then, because it seemed necessary, we added feedback. And things got a little more weird. So we added a delay, and it got weirder still. And then a filter, and then variable topologies, a massive modulation section, the moveable gainstage, MS and LR independent processing, and a host of other little things that will entertain and amuse. Suddenly the toy had grown into something monstrous. It was making sounds we couldn’t describe any more. So we’re doing the obvious, and offering it to the world. What’s the worst that can happen?
Don’t let the crafted UI fool you, PitchFunk makes the filthiest noises you’ve never heard.
- Pitch Shifter feeds delay and filter with feedback to create unheard-of madness.
- Lots of modulation, to keep everything moving while it’s feeding back.
- Makes mad, mad noises, previously unheard of, potentially frightening to children, pets and the infirm.
- A barrel full of insane presets.
- Windows VST,VST3 as 32+64bit, 32bit RTAS.
- Mac VST, VST3 and AU as 32+64bit, 32bit RTAS.
- 10 pitch-shifting algorithms, based on classic hardware, optimised for modern CPUs, and extended for quality.
- 3 delay-line algorithms, covering vintage and modern delay lines.
- Configurable topology, for control over effect routing, to get exactly the right madness.
- Movable modulated gain-stage for pan/gain effects, to get things pumping and moving.
- Stereo, M&S independent and L&R independent modes.
- 3 bezier-drawable LFOs, with swing and tempo synch.
- Sidechain-able enveloper follower, with extensive control.
- Full mod-matrix to route any source to any control.
- MIDI playable/pitch-bend for Pitch.
PitchFunk is available to purchase for the introductory price of £64.99 GBP for the first month. DMG Audio product owners get further discounts of up to 25% off.
More information: DMG Audio / PitchFunk
G-Sonique has announced its Mid-Side Envelope Follower FX multi-filter+ VST effect plug-in for Windows.
Envelope follower is the technology of modulating a filter by the dynamics of a signal with set attack, release and envelope amounts – simply put, dynamics and amplitude of the music signal modulate the cutoff frequency of the filter and the result is a funky, liquid filtering effect that responds to the musical material. But Mid-Side Envelope follower FX multi-filter+ offers much more… the signal is split into MID (mono) and stereo (side) parts, each part can be boosted or attenuated to create larger or smaller panoramic 3D effects, filtered by 9 various filters and Ring Modulation Twist FX or Analog Distortion FX. Each of the two filters (of the Mid or Side parts) can be modulated by an envelope follower (attack, release, envelope amount) and the dynamics of the music signal as well as with a LFO (speed, depth and 4 waveforms). If you prefer a less altered signal, a Dry/Wet knob is available – you can use just 10% wet and 90% dry for more gentle effects, or use a 100% wet (Altered) signal for a short part of your song, for example in a breakdown, intro or outro. (using automation in your host application)
If you are creative enough, and prefer a new progressive sound in your music Mid-Side Envelope follower FX multi-filter+ will be your favorite tool of the trade.
G-Creative+ series: Mid-Side Envelope Follower FX multi-filter+
Mid-Side Envelope Follower FX multi-filter+ features
- Mid (mono part of signal) and Side (stereo part) splitter, with the possibility to boost or attenuate each part. (side stereo signal can be boosted up to 5x).
- 1x MID and 1x Side filter module with 9 different filters (G-Low pass, G-Band pass, G-High pass, Low pass, Band pass, High pass, Band reject, Peaking, Analog low pass, None).
- 1x MID and 1x Side envelope follower (with attack, release, envelope amount control) that modulates the cutoff frequency of the filter.
- 1x MID and 1x Side LFO (with speed and depth control and 4 waveforms: sine, saw-tooth, triangle, Square) that can additionally modulate cutoff frequency of the filter.
- 1x Ring modulator Twist FX with knob for controlling amount of the effect from 0 to 100% on MID part.
- 1x Analog Distortion effect with a warm sound on the SIDE part of the signal.
- Dry/Wet knob of overall effect amount.
- Preset manager with selected example presets.
The Mid-Side Envelope Follower FX multi-filter+ is available to purchase for the introductory price of 14 EUR (regular 18.90 EUR).
More information: G-Sonique / Mid-Side Envelope Follower
AudioTeknikk has released a beta version of RedAmption, a compressor effect plug-in for Windows.
RedAmption is a versatile and powerful compressor suited for many different tasks. It is designed to respond as a analog compressor would do. It also has four saturation/ distortion modes.
RedAmption v0.5 beta features
- Switchable gain reduction/ input output meter.
- Feed forward/ backward blend knob.
- Feed forward feed backward / sidechain blend knob.
- Tilt EQ knob to alter tone of envelope follower signal.
- Threshold knob. 0…-24dBfs
- Ratio knob. 1: 1.1…20
- Attack knob. Time 0.1…100 ms
- Release knob. Time 0.04…4 sec
- Stereo, individual left right, mid or side processing buttons.
- Four saturation mode buttons.
- Dry/ wet blend knob.
- Makeup gain knob.
- Off/On switch.
- Ctrl + left mouse click to default knobs.
- Shift + left mouse click and drag to get precise knob movement.
AudioTeknikk has also updated equalizer effect Equilibre (formerly DoublePrecisionEqualizer), Mid/Side processor MidSideMangler, and GreenEugene, a saturation filter and distortion effect.
All AudioTeknikk VST plug-ins are available as freeware for Windows.
More information: AudioTeknikk
Related: analyser and monitor
, effect plugins
, public beta
Posted in news
on Aug 24, 2011
Brainworx has released bx_meter, a sophisticated metering and measurement tool that allows you to visually analyze your audio signal in many useful ways.
We believe your mixes will benefit from proper dynamics, especially from a certain range of dynamics your music has. Too loud mixes often sound squashed, and in long mixing sessions your ears often get used to the squashed sound so you´re losing objectivity.
bx_meter will show you Peak and RMS values of your mixes, and in addition to that it will show you the relation between both with the centered DYNAMIC LEDs.
bx_meter has a Mid / Side mode (Sum and Difference) in addition to the standard L/R mode, and it offers 3 different weightings to be used to display the dynamics. Just like all the other Brainworx tools you will find several solo switches and nice extra features like the floating dynamic LED mode.
- Sophisticated Peak, RMS and Dynamic Range metering.
- Numeric displays for Peak, RMS and Dynamic Range.
- Peak Hold and RMS Hold function.
- Stereo, Link and M/S mode.
- M/S metering – see your mid and side signal separately.
- Balance and Correlation meters.
- Solo listen buttons for Left (L), Right (R), Mid (M) and Side (S) signals.
- Weighing filters (A, C, K) including solo listening mode.
- Floating dynamic LEDs.
bx_meter for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is 60% off the list price of 75 EUR / $109 USD until August 31, 2011.
More information: Brainworx / bx_meter
SoulViaSound has announced the release of 8080F, a side chain filter ensemble with M/S processing, built for Reaktor 5 users.
It’s a creative tool perfect for pads processing but not only. You can use it whenever you want to modulate the cutoff envelope with an audio signal. With 8080F you can process only the stereo(side) signal or for example you can apply a low pass filter on the mono(mid) signal and a high pass filter on the stereo(side) signal while the cutoff envelope is modulated independent in the mono and stereo signal. The cutoff envelope is modulate by the difference between the side chain signal and the threshold settings with your attack and release settings.
All you have to do for feeding 8080F side chain is to send an audio signal in the 3/4 inputs from Reaktor 5. You can do this in your DAW (Ableton Live, Logic, Cubase, Reaper, Pro Tools) or in to you NI Maschine software.You have independent controls for the both channels (L-Mono/R-Stereo) but you can also control the filter parameter in link mode. Just press the link switch and start tweaking the left parameters.
8080F for Reaktor 5 is available to purchase for 19.99 EUR.
More information: SoulViaSound / 8080F