Liine has released version 5.2 of Lemur, a multi-touch MIDI & OSC controller app for iOS.
Lemur, the professional iOS controller app that doesn’t cut any corners, has evolved. Now easier to use than ever, more customisable and with more out-of-the-box functionality. Any software or hardware that receives MIDI or OSC can be controlled by Lemur. Control DJ software, live electronic music performance software, studio production software (DAWs), VJ software, visual synthesis software, stage lighting and more.
Changes in Lemur v5.2
- Lemur App:
- Fixed file system access on iOS 8.
- Fixed On MIDI scripts receive messages from Parent/Project MIDI Targets.
- Fixed templates loading with mismatch between navbar and displayed page.
- Fixed CoreMIDI issue where ports were not displayed for some hardware devices (Novation X-Station and others).
- Fixed Fader.value displaying correct type.
- Fixed stretch function displaying correct types.
- Various Canvas fixes and improvements.
- Added Relative cursor mode to Fader object.
- Integer values are now parsed as such when saving / loading JZML.
- Added automatic conversion of OSC INT64 & boolean to INT32.
- MIDI Target configuration now properly saved when quitting the app and returning.
- Sequencer objects phase no longer jumps when changing ‘steps’ attribute.
- StepSwitch now sends out values when out variable goes back to null (i.e. Note Off messages correctly sent now).
- Fixed crash with canvas_restore () on Windows.
- Fixed crashes when opening menus while Canvas is drawn.
- Fixed copy/paste from Lemur to other applications.
- Fixed issues where Daemon ports would get disconnected and appear in red.
- Fixed issue with mislabelled Daemon ports.
The Lemur app is available for purchase for $24.99 USD.
More information: Liine / Lemur
Ben Taylor, Jesse Allison, and Yemin Oh have released NexusUI, a JS toolkit for easily designing musical interfaces for mobile apps and web browsers, with emphasis on rapid prototyping (nexusDrop) and integration with Max/MSP (nexusUp).
NexusUI can be used to integrate directly with the Web Audio API in the browser, or to communicate with Max, SuperCollider or Chuck via server-side applications.
NexusUI is mobile-friendly and multi-touch compatible. It enables large-scale collaborative performances by distributing interfaces through a browser — something that many people have at home, in their bag, or carry in their pocket.
NexusUI is available to download at no charge. NexusUI is licensed as open source software (New BSD License).
More information: NexusUI
Feelyoursound has announced the release of version 1.2.0 of XotoPad, the MIDI multitouch software for Windows.
The app turns any Windows 8 computer with touchscreen into a flexible MIDI controller.
Changes XotoPad v1.2.0
- Updated UI look.
- Four new colours to choose from.
- “Always on top” mode: Don’t lose the controller window in live situations.
- “Transparent window” mode: Watch your DAW while you send MIDI events.
- More screen space if needed: Press “X” on your keyboard to hide the settings/load/save-buttons.
XotoPad is available for purchase for 29 EUR / $39 USD.
More information: Feelyoursound / XotoPad
Liine has released version 5.0 of its Lemur controller app for iOS.
Version 5 of Liine’s Lemur app features new sequencing objects, and allows for creating custom objects with the new Canvas object.
Now easier to use than ever, more customisable and with more out-of-the-box functionality. Any software or hardware that receives MIDI or OSC can be controlled by Lemur.
Control DJ software, live electronic music performance software, studio production software (DAWs), VJ software, visual synthesis software, stage lighting and more.
Changes in Lemur v5.0
- New Canvas object for creating custom objects
- 2D drawing, animation and mono/multi-touch support.
- Based on HTML5 Canvas specifications.
- Implemented as standard Lemur scripting.
- 50 new scripting functions.
- New sequencing objects: StepNote, StepSwitch, StepSlider
- Eight internal MIDI clocks, one for each MIDI Target.
- Clocks can run as master or sync to an external source.
- New type of script execution to trigger events based on musical subdivisions.
- New scripting functions for getting/setting clock state and bpm.
- New bundled templates.
- Numerous tweaks and improvements.
Lemur for iOS is available to purchase for $24.99 USD. The update is free for existing Lemur users.
More information: Liine / Lemur
Steinberg has announced the release of version 1.7.2 of its Cubasis multitouch sequencer app for the iPad.
This maintenance update solves many user-reported issues and is highly recommended for all users of Cubasis.
Changes in Cubasis v1.7.2
- Audio track playback performance has been drastically increased on all devices.
- Audio track freeze.
- Setup option to enlarge the audio recording buffer has been added.
- New latency setup option added (IO buffer size can be adjusted between 128/256/512).
- Maximum polyphony has been increased to a value of 128.
- New tracks will now be created below the selected track.
- CPU/Polyphony display has been overhauled (please refer to In-App help for more details).
- Newly created audio files appear highlighted in the MediaBay.
- A new overlay informs about imported files (replacing the previous popup).
- Separating files for tracks in mixdown now includes track names for each file.
- The touchable area of the preset selection arrows in Micrologue and Micro Sonic has been improved.
- Cycle mode is automatically activated when setting the locators to the selection by long tapping an event.
- Creating an event by double tapping in the arrange window area now automatically selects the corresponding track.
- MIDI tracks assigned to “No Instrument” now display drum pads instead of chord pads as an alternative to the keyboard.
- Several minor usability improvements.
- Fixed: CB-1308 Disabling solo states restores the states of previously muted tracks.
- Fixed: CB-1451 Fixes an issue where glitches occurred when an IAA app was connected during playback.
- Fixed: CB-1456 The loading time of Cubasis projects that contain IAA apps has been lowered.
- Fixed: CB-1459 Fixes an issue where Inter-App Audio effects were ignored when performing a mixdown.
- Fixed: CB-1455 Fixes an issue where a mixdown or freeze of certain Inter-App Audio instrument apps lead to detuned audio material.
- Fixed: CB-1448 The iOS keyboard now closes automatically when the help screen is closed.
- Fixed: CB-1463 Transferring Mod wheel commands via MIDI out now works as expected.
- Fixed: CB-1464 Fixes a rare phenomenon where the preview of audio files (e.g. a mixdown) in the MediaBay played an outdated version of the file.
- Fixed: CB-1468 Fixes a rare phenomenon where audio tracks continued to play after the playback had been stopped.
- Fixed: CB-1453 Cycle playback on slower devices no longer results in unwanted audible clicks or crackles.
- Fixed: CB-1484 Fixes a rare issue where the instrument rack fails to open fully.
- Fixed: CB-1486 Fixes a rare issue where loading of duplicated snapshot project files fails.
- Fixed: CB-1501 MIDI input for multiple tracks on the same channel now works as expected.
- Fixed: CB-1502 AudioCopy of files that are not in 44.1kHz 16-bit format now works as expected.
The Cubasis app is available to purchase for $49.99 USD. The version 1.7.2 update can now be downloaded on the Apple App Store.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis
More posts that match this tag
Zerodebug has announced the release of touchAble Mini, which takes the Ableton Live controller app to the iPhone and iPod touch. Following the release of the revamped touchAble 2 app for iPad , touchAble Mini … read more
Outbound link: touchAble
– Related: Ableton
Posted in news
on Feb 12, 2014 - 0 comments
Native Instruments has announced it is celebrating the announcement of TRAKTOR DJ‘s “App of the Year” status among numerous year-end mentions in the App Store worldwide. The world’s first pro DJ app was chosen as … read more
Outbound link: Native Instruments
/ TRAKTOR DJ
– Related: discounts
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Dec 20, 2013 - 0 comments
Steinberg has announced version 1.7.1 of Cubasis, a streamlined, multitouch sequencer app for iPad. Steinberg announces today the release of a maintenance update for its Cubasis app. This maintenance update solves many user-reported issues and … read more
Feelyoursound has announced a limited time sale on XotoPad, offering a 50% discount on the app that turns any Windows 8 multitouch computer into a flexible MIDI touch controller device. Control everything via touch, keyboard, … read more
Steinberg has released version 1.6 of Cubasis for iOS, a portable music production system. Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and … read more
Outbound link: Steinberg
/ Cubasis for iOS
– Related: Cubase
Posted in news
on Sep 17, 2013 - 0 comments
The developers of touchAble have announced the upcoming version 2 of the iPad app for controlling Ableton Live. touchAble provides a powerful, intuitive and reliable multitouch control solution for professional use. touchAble includes templates for … read more
Konkreet Labs has released version 2.1 of the Konkreet Performer controller app for iOS. KONKREET PERFORMER is a music control and performance instrument that was designed to use multi-touch technology to the full. Instead of … read more
Holderness Media has released version 1.4.7 of its Echo Pad multi-fx processor for iOS. Echo Pad 1.4.7 adds two new delay effects, Oil Can Delay and Multi-tap. Echo Pad is a realtime Multi-FX processor compatible … read more
Outbound link: Holderness Media
/ Echo Pad
– Related: Audiobus
, Holderness Media
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Aug 06, 2013 - 0 comments
Andrew McPherson has launched a Kickstarter project for his Touchkeys, a DIY touch sensor kit allowing capacitive multi-touch sensing on a physical keyboard. The TouchKeys are a new musical instrument transforming the piano-style keyboard into … read more
Apple has announced the release of Logic Pro X, featuring a new interface designed for pros, powerful new creative tools for musicians, and an expanded collection of instruments and effects. Logic Pro X includes Drummer, … read more
Outbound link: Apple
/ Logic Pro X
– Related: Apple
Posted in news
on Jul 16, 2013 - 0 comments
Keith McMillen Instruments has announced that its QuNeo 3D multi-touch pad controller is now supported by over 30 popular music applications, including new integration for FL Studio, Reason, VirtualDJ and Spark. QuNeo, the most expressive … read more
Outbound link: Keith McMillen Instruments
– Related: Arturia
, FL Studio
, Keith McMillen Instruments
Posted in news
on Jun 28, 2013 - 0 comments
Sensomusic has announced the release of a release candidate version of the Usine Hollyhock digital audio workstation for Windows and Mac. After years of development the Sensomusic team is proud to announce that Usine Hollyhock … read more
Cakewalk has announced the release of Music Creator 6 Touch, a personal music studio software for Windows. Music Creator 6 Touch includes Windows 8 and touch support. Music Creator 6 Touch makes it fun and … read more
elephantcandy has announced the release of LiveFX, a dynamic effects processor for iPad. LiveFX dynamic effects processor for iPad by elephantcandy. Any audio source can be processed; use either live sound input, the built-in track … read more
Avantgarde Sound has introduced its enChord chord app. Avantgarde Sound’s enChord can control any MIDI capable instrument whether software (VST, AU, AAX, etc.) or hardware. enChord is the harmony modular super algorithm; a 21st century … read more
Outbound link: enChord
– Related: Avantgarde Sound
Posted in news
on Jan 02, 2013 - 0 comments