Zero Crossing has announced the release of iThereal, a the software Theremin for Mac OS X.
iThereal is a multi-touch trackpad controlled virtual Theremin. iThereal can be used to create music with a classic Theremin sound while staying true to a Theremin feel.
Play iThereal using any Mac compatible multi-touch trackpad including the Apple MagicPad. Add effects to your sound like Reverb, Distortion, and Vibrato. Use with MIDI hosting applications like GarageBand to incorporate an iThereal track into a musical composition. Presets for Logic Pro X Coming soon!
“We are excited for all the Theremin musicians out there, and musicians in general,” explains James Knight, the president of Zero Crossing, the company that created iThereal. “Not only can they use iThereal for Mac OS X for live performances, but they will also be able to manipulate instruments in Garageband.”
“Theremin users are going to really groove on the features of iThereal,” says Lisa Cifaldi, head programmer at Zero Crossing. “For instance, they will be able to use Pitch Lock, which moves the pitch to the closest note, much like a Theremin player intones a note. They will be blown away by the many voices of iThereal, from the classic Theremin sound to a more elegant tone by adding Vibrato or Reverb, to unlimited choices by including the Distortion effect.”
“This is an instrument in the true sense of the word and like any musical discipline it takes some practice to master its subtleties,” says Keith Connelly, hardware designer at Zero Crossing. “iThereal for OSX can direct you to a well-tempered chromaticism by a very sophisticated interpretation of its special gesturing functions, should you choose to use them. The rewards are a feeling you’ve reinvented what it means to play a Theremin with almost unlimited possibilities.”
iThereal for Mac is available for purchase at the Mac App Store for $4.99 USD. A version of iThereal for iOS is coming soon.
More information: iThereal
, FL Studio
, Fruity Loops
Posted in news
on Nov 12, 2014 - 0 comments
Image-Line has announced a beta version of FL Studio 12, the music production software for Windows.
FL Studio 12 totally reworks the user interface and adds exciting new features you have been asking for.
If you already own FL Studio the good news is you will get free access to the FL Studio 12 Beta and to FL Studio 12 release. So buy FL Studio now, and be the first in line to work with the FL Studio 12 Beta.
New in FL Studio 12 (beta)
- Fully reworked scalable interface – Any screen size or resolution you use, FL Studio will always fit.
- Multi-touch – Multi-touch capability extends to the Mixer.
- Browser – New category tabs and the ability to delete content on right-click.
- Channel Menu – The Channel Options Menu have moved from the Toolbar Menus to the Channel rack.
- Channel settings – Have been integrated into the Plugin Wrapper (no more Channel settings pop-up).
- Pattern Menu – The Pattern Menu has moved from the Channel rack to the Toolbar Menu and Pattern Selector.
- Piano roll – Piano roll Auto-zoom can now be deselected from Settings > General > Auto zoom in piano roll.
- Playlist – Multiple drag and drop for audio files onto Playlist (from a Windows file browser).
- Stepsequencer – Step sequences are now interchangeable with Piano rolls.
- VST Plugins – VST plugin installation & discovery improved and simplified.
- Fruity Formula Controller – Updated, new UI.
- Fruity Envelope Controller – Updated, 8 Articulators, Mod X/Y env, Smart Knobs, New UI.
- Fruity Keyboard Controller – Attack smoothing, new UI.
FL Studio is available for purchase starting at $99 USD. New Image-Line customers can get 10% discount on their first order. The beta is now available to download for registered Image-Line forum users (registration is free).
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio 12
Liine has released version 5.2 of Lemur, a multi-touch MIDI & OSC controller app for iOS.
Lemur, the professional iOS controller app that doesn’t cut any corners, has evolved. Now easier to use than ever, more customisable and with more out-of-the-box functionality. Any software or hardware that receives MIDI or OSC can be controlled by Lemur. Control DJ software, live electronic music performance software, studio production software (DAWs), VJ software, visual synthesis software, stage lighting and more.
Changes in Lemur v5.2
- Lemur App:
- Fixed file system access on iOS 8.
- Fixed On MIDI scripts receive messages from Parent/Project MIDI Targets.
- Fixed templates loading with mismatch between navbar and displayed page.
- Fixed CoreMIDI issue where ports were not displayed for some hardware devices (Novation X-Station and others).
- Fixed Fader.value displaying correct type.
- Fixed stretch function displaying correct types.
- Various Canvas fixes and improvements.
- Added Relative cursor mode to Fader object.
- Integer values are now parsed as such when saving / loading JZML.
- Added automatic conversion of OSC INT64 & boolean to INT32.
- MIDI Target configuration now properly saved when quitting the app and returning.
- Sequencer objects phase no longer jumps when changing ‘steps’ attribute.
- StepSwitch now sends out values when out variable goes back to null (i.e. Note Off messages correctly sent now).
- Fixed crash with canvas_restore () on Windows.
- Fixed crashes when opening menus while Canvas is drawn.
- Fixed copy/paste from Lemur to other applications.
- Fixed issues where Daemon ports would get disconnected and appear in red.
- Fixed issue with mislabelled Daemon ports.
The Lemur app is available for purchase for $24.99 USD.
More information: Liine / Lemur
Ben Taylor, Jesse Allison, and Yemin Oh have released NexusUI, a JS toolkit for easily designing musical interfaces for mobile apps and web browsers, with emphasis on rapid prototyping (nexusDrop) and integration with Max/MSP (nexusUp).
NexusUI can be used to integrate directly with the Web Audio API in the browser, or to communicate with Max, SuperCollider or Chuck via server-side applications.
NexusUI is mobile-friendly and multi-touch compatible. It enables large-scale collaborative performances by distributing interfaces through a browser — something that many people have at home, in their bag, or carry in their pocket.
NexusUI is available to download at no charge. NexusUI is licensed as open source software (New BSD License).
More information: NexusUI
Feelyoursound has announced the release of version 1.2.0 of XotoPad, the MIDI multitouch software for Windows.
The app turns any Windows 8 computer with touchscreen into a flexible MIDI controller.
Changes XotoPad v1.2.0
- Updated UI look.
- Four new colours to choose from.
- “Always on top” mode: Don’t lose the controller window in live situations.
- “Transparent window” mode: Watch your DAW while you send MIDI events.
- More screen space if needed: Press “X” on your keyboard to hide the settings/load/save-buttons.
XotoPad is available for purchase for 29 EUR / $39 USD.
More information: Feelyoursound / XotoPad
More posts that match this tag
Liine has released version 5.0 of its Lemur controller app for iOS. Version 5 of Liine’s Lemur app features new sequencing objects, and allows for creating custom objects with the new Canvas object. Now easier … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of version 1.7.2 of its Cubasis multitouch sequencer app for the iPad. This maintenance update solves many user-reported issues and is highly recommended for all users of Cubasis. Changes in … read more
Zerodebug has announced the release of touchAble Mini, which takes the Ableton Live controller app to the iPhone and iPod touch. Following the release of the revamped touchAble 2 app for iPad , touchAble Mini … read more
Outbound link: touchAble
– Related: Ableton
Posted in news
on Feb 12, 2014 - 0 comments
Native Instruments has announced it is celebrating the announcement of TRAKTOR DJ‘s “App of the Year” status among numerous year-end mentions in the App Store worldwide. The world’s first pro DJ app was chosen as … read more
Outbound link: Native Instruments
/ TRAKTOR DJ
– Related: discounts
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Dec 20, 2013 - 0 comments
Steinberg has announced version 1.7.1 of Cubasis, a streamlined, multitouch sequencer app for iPad. Steinberg announces today the release of a maintenance update for its Cubasis app. This maintenance update solves many user-reported issues and … read more
Feelyoursound has announced a limited time sale on XotoPad, offering a 50% discount on the app that turns any Windows 8 multitouch computer into a flexible MIDI touch controller device. Control everything via touch, keyboard, … read more
Steinberg has released version 1.6 of Cubasis for iOS, a portable music production system. Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and … read more
Outbound link: Steinberg
/ Cubasis for iOS
– Related: Cubase
Posted in news
on Sep 17, 2013 - 0 comments
The developers of touchAble have announced the upcoming version 2 of the iPad app for controlling Ableton Live. touchAble provides a powerful, intuitive and reliable multitouch control solution for professional use. touchAble includes templates for … read more
Konkreet Labs has released version 2.1 of the Konkreet Performer controller app for iOS. KONKREET PERFORMER is a music control and performance instrument that was designed to use multi-touch technology to the full. Instead of … read more
Holderness Media has released version 1.4.7 of its Echo Pad multi-fx processor for iOS. Echo Pad 1.4.7 adds two new delay effects, Oil Can Delay and Multi-tap. Echo Pad is a realtime Multi-FX processor compatible … read more
Outbound link: Holderness Media
/ Echo Pad
– Related: Audiobus
, Holderness Media
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Aug 06, 2013 - 0 comments
Andrew McPherson has launched a Kickstarter project for his Touchkeys, a DIY touch sensor kit allowing capacitive multi-touch sensing on a physical keyboard. The TouchKeys are a new musical instrument transforming the piano-style keyboard into … read more
Apple has announced the release of Logic Pro X, featuring a new interface designed for pros, powerful new creative tools for musicians, and an expanded collection of instruments and effects. Logic Pro X includes Drummer, … read more
Outbound link: Apple
/ Logic Pro X
– Related: Apple
Posted in news
on Jul 16, 2013 - 0 comments
Keith McMillen Instruments has announced that its QuNeo 3D multi-touch pad controller is now supported by over 30 popular music applications, including new integration for FL Studio, Reason, VirtualDJ and Spark. QuNeo, the most expressive … read more
Outbound link: Keith McMillen Instruments
– Related: Arturia
, FL Studio
, Keith McMillen Instruments
Posted in news
on Jun 28, 2013 - 0 comments
Sensomusic has announced the release of a release candidate version of the Usine Hollyhock digital audio workstation for Windows and Mac. After years of development the Sensomusic team is proud to announce that Usine Hollyhock … read more
Cakewalk has announced the release of Music Creator 6 Touch, a personal music studio software for Windows. Music Creator 6 Touch includes Windows 8 and touch support. Music Creator 6 Touch makes it fun and … read more